Not enjoying industry standard software without having to run it through a shoddy API wrapper

>Not enjoying industry standard software without having to run it through a shoddy API wrapper
stay mad lincucks

>Not enjoying the benefits of a UNIX-based environment
stay mad wincucks

macOS is the only decent modern operating system. Bonus points if you're running Hackintosh on a Thinkpad for true master race computing.

Attached: x220_High_Sierra.jpg (600x450, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mac4n6.com/blog/2018/4/1/ok-internet-lets-test-this-apfs-password-bug-properly
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>hackintosh on a cum-crusted thickbad
you have to at least have a respectable salary before sucking Apple's dick user

how do you think I afforded my macbook pro, faggot

Hackintosh on my X220 was my first exposure to macOS. Got a MBP after the X220's hardware wasn't quite keeping up anymore. I wish modern Lenovo wasn't chinkshit and Apple could do hardware design better than "it looks nice".

Hackintoshed ThinkPad, for when you're both poor and retarded

>fagintosh

Paying the premium for Apple hardware is arguably retarded. Using best OS isn't.

Weird, my X220's hardware is doing just fine on Linux, could it be that macOS is bloated?

DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT WINE

Attached: total.png (334x252, 162K)

> Best OS
But this thread is about macOS

Or maybe I'm doing work that requires something a little bit better than an Intel HD 3000 sometimes, smart guy

That said I don't at all deny you can make Linux significantly more lean than macOS. I did use Linux as my daily driver for about 5 or 6 years before jumping to Mac.

Attached: 1396548901235.jpg (355x397, 7K)

I'll be fair, Wine is only shoddy because Windows has a brain-dead ridiculous amount of syscalls compared to typical UNIX-based OSes in addition to the win32 API just generally being a fucking mess. Not any fault of the wine developers.

>decent modern operating system
>macshitOS

Attached: 1521693356491.webm (990x720, 2.45M)

You know what user I'll give you that, that was an absurdly bad cock-up.

Not to mention they're having to hit a moving target whilst avoiding patent infringement. The fact Wine can run anything at all is a fucking miracle.

>using bugs fixed eons ago to make a point.
I could talk shit about Linux because 12309 bug then.

They aren't syscalls you retard win32 is a system LIBRARY.
In fact, not that it matters all that much, but NT has around half the number of syscalls as linux.

> Bug that can give anyone root access
> Pssh, no biggie, Apple already fixed that then brought it back then fixed it again
The state of Applel apologists

Microsoft can't even keep whether certain syscalls run in userland or ring 0 consistent between versions. It's like all coding at Microsoft post-Windows 7 is done by interns.

>apple is shite, look at this former bug from eons ago! pls, believe me!
Great retort, retard.

>eons ago
mactoddlerism

Attached: 1500231373592.png (714x834, 287K)

>moving the goalposts
Kek

*twice

mac4n6.com/blog/2018/4/1/ok-internet-lets-test-this-apfs-password-bug-properly
>Some folks can replicate and some cannot
That's not a great thing for your point, friend.

>damage control
kek

Attached: 1502944895333.png (1200x1812, 724K)

>GetProcAddress on ntdll.dll
>try to load all those functions you think exist in win10

>fagOS problem is so deeply rooted, the street shitters at applel can't even pinpoint the actual cause to replicate the problem reliably
lmao

>ntdll.dll
>ntdll
>.dll

Attached: nosb.png (838x707, 651K)

> eons ago
It was last year you fucking sheep

I'm willing to bet that any from 5.0 and up are there, but I'm not going to waste time making a festering boilerplate win32 program just to prove you wrong.

>tech journalist is Apple

ok

>look a this bug, apple is shite
>user, that bug was fixed
>no, it isnt, look a this bug
>user, that bug is unrelated
The irony.

that's the filename fag

If can't be replicated it isn't an issue to begin.

>use WSL + git bash
>now I use unix commands and linux compatibility
>except my PC actually has 100% hardware/software compatibility and just werks

huh, btfo.

>damage control
kek

Attached: 1509531019716.jpg (863x912, 146K)

So?
Its still a solved bug in a big frame for software development. Your point still doesn't hold.
>i don't know shit about NT internals and I think that ntdll is a dll in the normal sense

>moving the goalposts
The state of Jow Forums

>moving the damage control
the state of mactoddlers

Attached: 1529118881376.png (978x964, 633K)

Woah, circular goalpost moving!
Jow Forums always amazes me

Either debunk what he's presenting or kill yourself

No, I will point you that you aren't make sense to begin with it instead because you are moving the goalposts

At this point he's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that fagOS is a piece of shit with swiss cheese for security that's worse than fucking wangblows 10. Keep on moving that "decent modern OS" goalpost mactoddler.

No, he simply proved that software has bugs, and bugs get solved or ignored because it can't be replicated.
If that is a point, then you also should not be using linux because bugs like 12309 that even at being formally fixed, are reported to still persist.

Fuck off itoddler

>weekly root exploits are "just" bugs
Mactoddlerism.

Attached: 1526007160603.jpg (1000x1243, 312K)

>industry standard software
>mac anything

I won this round.
They're grave bugs, but still bugs and still got solved.
Your point?

Now run a standard OS update lmfaoooo

Why are you so upset at Apple? Why do you hate white people, Googler?

Attached: Apple Leadership.png (547x921, 248K)

>white people
>three italians and a jew on the board

Excellent response. Go play with your rainbow autism lights.

>reverse wine
just use plain old good vm

where did I say they were the same, dumbass

Yeah except you're conveniently ignoring the fact that Windows is a steaming pile of shit that practically needs 4GB of RAM just to boot, has absolutely god-awful multi-tasking, doesn't respect your settings, and will reboot your computer for updates while you're not using it even if that means it'll interrupt a long job like rendering.

Windows + WSL is a good compromise if you're a poorfag but it isn't ideal.

>"lmfaooooo"
>>/reddit/

Not to mention I legitimately don't know what you're talking about; I've never heard of any issues with system updates let alone run into any myself, and I used to be IT for an office of about 30 Mac computers and a remote office of 20 additional Macs.

Just press windows + tab dude
And the other things you said are pretty much just memes, sucks that some apps are installed by default but they're mostly only links to installers not the actual app.

Since you're clearly retarded I'll give you an example of what I mean about shitty multitasking.

Go render a video or a 3D scene or some other processor-intensive task that's multithreaded. Now go try to use your web browser or something at the same time. Both Windows and your browser are going to be laggy and unresponsive because Windows' process scheduler is about as smart as a bag of bricks. This is also a big reason why processes lock up all the time on Windows.

Linux and Mac, on the other hand, are more intelligent about allocating processor time to the program you're currently working with to maintain usability and a smooth UI experience. Hence, better multitasking.

There are so many quality of life things that are just better on Linux and Mac that using Windows just makes me fucking sigh.

Remember, industry standard software == Adobe CC because apparently everybody is a fucking artist now

Don't forget Autodesk and also literally every other software package from a big company that isn't a cuckold web app since Desktop Linux's 0.01% market share isn't worth the time to port to it.

Wangblows still has much more support from proprietary software vendors

None of these things happen

Works on my machine

While that's technically true, there isn't much that's really notable that's not available for macOS.

It's a compromise sure, but being able to do software development on a nix system and being able to use professional software natively all on the same OS is comfy.

>italians aren't white
I wonder who is behind this post.

>not for me lol
ok wincuck

Attached: download (20).jpg (259x194, 8K)

Hi, tumblr.