Why are DDR4 prices still so fucking high?

Why are DDR4 prices still so fucking high?

Attached: ddr4.png (895x534, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/news-story/endurance-test-of-samsung-850-pro-comes-to-an-end-after-9100tb-of-writes.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Price gouging

It's a bubble

chink judaism, DDR3 is also expensive. The RAM I bought almost three years ago is now double the price.

it's a setup

Are you poor? :^)

Attached: System.png (1631x931, 181K)

It's all those damn miners.

>Installed memory: 128 GB
>Not 128.0 GB
Who are you trying to fool you dumb retard

What?

Price gouging and mobile phones

fines for "prices fixing" and because fuck you

that's how windows reports 128GB apparently, without decimals.

Attached: ram3-100592804-orig.png (704x701, 45K)

*price fixing
wtf i was even trying to type

Ironically, fines for price fixing and another round of price fixing.

DDR5 DIMM's are slated for a 2019/2020 release for what it's worth

>mfw I bought Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz for €390 in january
>wants to get 2 more sticks to get 64GB
>and now it's €440

Attached: Ragecopy.png?pbss=3ed38f9d-5d2d-bec1-ad0b-11b5373eee97.png (582x600, 235K)

What do you do with your computer that uses so much RAM?

Firefox with 3 tabs open

you know, this thing called seeding, you greedy fucking jew
that requires a LOT of ram

I wish it wasn't such a ram hog

>he didn't buy a 64 GB SSD for $40 and made it into a ramdisk

It is because of supply/demand. The memory guys shifted most of their production towards flash because they thought that flash was going to be see massive demand while DRAM would continue to have little to no demand.

The opposite happened. Flash has little demand and massive overstock which is why solid-state media is dirt cheap right now. Demand for DDR4 skyrocketed due to people upgrading to Ryzen or Covfefe Lake from their old Sandy Bridge to Haswell-era platform. Mining craze made the problem worse when miners were buying up all of the cheap-ass, slow DDR4 SKUs.

The result is relatively expensive mainstream DDR4 SKUs. They are still cheaper then mainstream memory back during 1990s and early 2000s.

TD DL version: People got spoiled by years of bargain basement prices and are now ass-pained when demand comes back and forces to prices to correct themselves.

>wearing your SSD out in a matter of months

That's fucking slow

i have 200 torrents seeding and my torrent client uses 124MB of ram, how many do i need to fill the 32GB?

>SSD ramdisk wears out in months

Modern SSDs can last 100s of years of daily writes/reads. That's right. 100s of YEARS. not months.

>Has demand gone down?
No.
>Has supply gone up?
No.

>Tfw still using i5 2500k and DDR3
No problems

Smartphones, Consoles, add PC's to that and there's no enough factories in choyna.

Wait for China to ramp up production and crash the price latter this year.

Not going to happen. The days of bargain basement mainstream memory prices are over.

We may see a small drop when supplies stabilized. Don't expect $40 USD 8GiB DDR4 UDIMMs anytime soon.

I also forgot to mention that demand will likely continue to persist when Windows 7 reaches its official EOL next year which will force SMB segment to upgrade their systems.

Are you a retard? He's saying when its 128 or any 3 digit number it drops the decimal.

>/v/irgins are complaining about again prices because they're stuck with 8GB after they listened to le based YT review man

Attached: 4826345.jpg (441x412, 88K)

no, but evidently you are.

end consumer demand does not dictate prices unless they are capable of consuming the entirety of all products on the market.
this is straight price fixing pure and simple.

They need to milk all that they can.

>using dimms only compatible with motherboards only compatible with botnet cpus

Attached: 148 - FFYxzF0.jpg (657x767, 56K)

Do you even know whats a ramdisk?

Attached: icallbulshit.jpg (262x303, 83K)

Modern SSDs have 2+ Petabytes of write cycles. The last test was done about year+ ago where the Samsun 850 Pro got ~9 Petabytes. On normal daily usage(40 GB usage per day everyday), that would last 600+ years in write cycles. If you multiply that by 10, you get 400, lets say you use 400 GB of data as ram disk, this will last 60+ years.

Now there's Samsung 900 series SSD that's got double the life of 800 series.

guru3d.com/news-story/endurance-test-of-samsung-850-pro-comes-to-an-end-after-9100tb-of-writes.html

samsung

You can also use the automatic wear leveling to hide persistent malware. It's neat stuff, for sure.

> botnet cpu
Dude
A cpu only runs code you tell it to.
Don't tell it to run botnets and it won't be botnet

Might want to use your head a bit before crying "WAAAAH MINERS"
Mining doesn't benefit from additional ram, all you need is the amount needed to get the operating system up, 4GB of the cheapest ram possible is all that's needed

uTorrent doesn't have this problem

Well, I didn't claim otherwise. So if you can't afford even what I have you must be in a terrible situation (;

even my oldish su800 boot drive on a system that's on 24/7 won't hit the warranty guaranteed tbw for 20 years at the rate it's been going for the last 6 months, and who knows how much longer after that it really goes for.

and that's a tlc drive, the cheapest and least durable NAND.

ssd longevity scare was a huge meme when they were new but now the only advantage spinning rust has is price/gb and cold storage as SSD's still lose data if you leave them unplugged for a few months or years (depends on the capacitors of course) yet I recently dredged up a 7 years untouched hdd from my basement and successfully scraped a windows iso off of it.

But still, can a hard drive in even the most ideal conditions let's say left unplugged in zero gravity in 0 moisture at 60 degrees farenheit.. still be operable in the 100 years a modern slc or high-end mlc drive that's been in use the whole time finally dies? I'm not sure.

Who is Yuliya?

It's me. It's my name :3

It's not high. DDR3 was artificially low because companies were building out factories in anticipation of future tech but the industry moved slower than expected, so they were configured for DDR3.

We have a lot of spoiled brats who only started building PCs only like 4 years ago so they have no perspective

Hi, yuli, exactly how chubby are you, girl? Shave the 'brows, cutie.

t. the cartel

I'm 1,75m tall and weight 52kg, so I'm quite thin.

It really is a factor but it's probably not a huge one. You can use wafers to make DDR4 or GDDR5 or GDDR6. GPUs need 4 GB RAM to be viable for mining. More GPUs sold means more RAM used on GPUs which means less wafers for DDR4. Prices on GDDR5 have gone up a lot and this partly explains the increase in the price of GPUs.

GPU mining sales have almost completely stalled now, though. So while this could partly explain why prices were high but doesn't explain why they still are.

lol

he's still right
>a good or service is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it :^)
it's a mentality that's taking over worldwide

Well, what are you gonna do? Make your own at home?

It's called capitalism, lol, it's like you expect it to work in your favor.

Can you ask your daddy to send me a ram stick too?

do you have food in ukraine?

People that feel the need to get the incredibly minor performance advantage that DDR4 gives you over DDR3 are gullible enough to buy overpriced shit.

tits or gtfo

Is ddr4 much better than ddr3? They've been in the market for a while and I still don't feel the need to upgrade at all.

>not GiB
kys