Should i snagggg this

hey Jow Forumshetto boys
I can snagg an used computer to use for graphic design.

I wanted to know if people here find the price ok for the build. Its an used computer so i don't know how well it was used.

the spec:
Processor - Intel Core i7-6700K (4.00GHz / 8MB)
Processor cooler - Noctua NH-U12S 19 dB(A)
Fans: Noiseblocker M12-S1 8 dB (A)
RAM : Kingston HyperX Fury Black Ed. DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) 2666MHz
SSD DRIVE : Samsung SM951 M.2 Typ 2280-D3-M (NGFF) - 128GB
Second Drive : WD Caviar Green 1TB, 32MB Cache, SATA3
Motherboard : Asus Z170-Deluxe
Graphic Card : Asus GF STRIX-GTX960-DC2-2GD5
DVD player : LG DVD-Brenner
Power supply : Corsair Professional Series AX860 - Platin - 860W
Case : Fractal Design Define XL R2

It also comes with a screen as Dell U2715H a mouse and keyboard cooler master storm mizar and logitech k120

The screen is worth like 350$ new. The cpu isnt too bad and the gpu isnt either.
I'm really interested in what you guys think and how much you would pay for it ?
Ofc if i go this road its because i can't offer myself a premium computer and can put max 1000$ for screen, components, case..

Attached: 1_182-456_FamilyGallery14.jpg (500x500, 242K)

CPU is the only thing worth any money from that thing. The rest is garbage.

gtx960 is ok no ?
also power supply isnt too bad as a platinum one
And the screen is pretty good right ?

for how much? looks alright to me.

>gtx960 is ok no ?
It's literally a GTX 680, no it's not OK, lol. Don't waste your money.

its a 960 not a 680

not sure how much like 700$ to 800$
He said 800$ but that its possible to discuss the price

GTX 770 and GTX 960 are rebadged GTX 680. It's an old card, not worth money nowadays.

You might be able to do better if you build one yourself but this isn't a terrible offer.

i'd never pay more than half of what i can those parts for at the moment of buying the system. you could get all those parts new for roughly 1000 so try to barter. he obviously won't be happy but offer him 500 and then see what happens. try to point out what and i said. maybe even

Did some quick estimates and you could recreate this computer for about $650 excluding DVD drive. If you manage to talk him down to $700 I'd go with it.

Thanks. But with the screen also ?
The screen is 300-400$ alone now

I'm really in between because i would feel bad buying a new setup now that the next gen CPU/GPU are probably coming in less than 8 months Also with this build i can upgrade when the next gen come at a good price

Or am i trippin' ?

give it back tyrone

i'm a sysadmin fag so i don't need a 300 dolla screen personally but since you're a graphics designer you might wanna think about it. that would obviously mean that the whole package would be more expensive for you.

also, intel likes to create new sockets every now and then so if you want a future proof system go with amd ryzen cpu. i assume that you would render a lot of shit and that is what ryzen should be better at but op system is quite alright nevertheless.

>for graphic design.

Buy a used Macbook Pro. You will regret not buying it in the long run. You will need to show clients your work and a Macbook Pro is the most professional way to do so.

Macs are also better for creative work with the best software created for it.

>ou want a future proof system go with amd ryzen cpu. i assume that you would render a lot of shit and that is what ryzen should be better at but op system is quite alright nevertheless.

Yes but if i could do a new build i would but its not possible right now so i'm going toward used material

figures. then try to negotiate.

Attached: 1528166414446.png (400x400, 70K)

what do you mean ?

I've heard about this and use it a rule of thumb, but I couldn't find a precise source. Do you have one by any chance?

That's a nice looking family, it could have been so much worse.

Stupid retard, 960 can max out games, let alone wipe the floor with graphics design software.

Similar to my old rig spec wise, mine is slightly older, (i7 4770)so only ddr3 but it has 32 gigs. My graphics card also better (RX 470)
I'd feel scummy charging any more than like 300 bux for it desu even without peripherals

>Processor - Intel Core i7-6700K (4.00GHz / 8MB)
Good if the software you're planning to use doesn't scale well with cores.
>Processor cooler - Noctua NH-U12S 19 dB(A)
Good cooler.
>RAM : Kingston HyperX Fury Black Ed. DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) 2666MHz
Maybe you'll need another 16 GB, depends on use case.
>SSD DRIVE : Samsung SM951 M.2 Typ 2280-D3-M (NGFF) - 128GB
128GB is enough for system and programs, definitely not enough for storing data.
>Second Drive : WD Caviar Green 1TB, 32MB Cache, SATA3
That thing is a fucking liability. Get literally any other drive but WD Green.
>Graphic Card : Asus GF STRIX-GTX960-DC2-2GD5
lol no. This thing has a very old chip and it's a gayming card - meaning no 10bit colour among other things.
>Power supply : Corsair Professional Series AX860 - Platin - 860W
Massive overkill in terms of wattage. This thing would do with a 550W one.

Thanks for info.
What do you mean by doesnt scale well with cores ?
I want to use it for graphic design but light after effect and premiere

I will buy some more ram for sure

i will also snag some ssd like 500go mx500 or samsung evo 860 they are pretty cheap

I don't mind much about 10 bit colour because i would need a 10 bit monitor and its like 1k$ and more right

It sucks because i'm not too much hyped by the graphic card but the whole package + the screen seems not too bad for 700$
The PSU is good, the case is good, the ram is ok same as the cpu. soo

How old is it ?

I have another build that is gtx980 + i4790k and 16gigs of ram and i paid like 1700$ for it two years ago or so

It's from 2012 I think but I've been upgrading it until I eventually bought a new rig last year

Macbook Pro