Recently received a 180GB mSATA SSD that I ordered on eBay. Unfortunately...

Recently received a 180GB mSATA SSD that I ordered on eBay. Unfortunately, the seller didn't ship the item in an antistatic bag and instead wrapped it in a bunch of fucking tissue paper. As far as I can tell, it's DOA. I tried it in an mSATA to USB adapter, not recognized by Windows. I tried it in my ThinkPad, not recognized by Linux LiveCD.

My "autism" makes me hesitant to interact with the seller to ask for a refund or a return. I'd prefer not to talk to anyone and solve the problem myself. Can I bake it in an oven, like I can a GPU? What is the problem here? How can I fix it?

Attached: StorageReview-Intel-SSD-525-240GB.jpg (850x546, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E9aZZxNptp0
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lmao just say it doesn't work not that hard

>My "autism" makes me hesitant to interact with the seller to ask for a refund or a return
lawd...
This ain't autism, this is plain stupid. Enjoy losing your money.

baking won't cure esd
its fucked

>My "autism" makes me hesitant to interact with the seller to ask for a refund or a return.

Mr. Shekleberg's favourite customer

Here is what you do:
Go to ebay and req a refund. For description put some shit like:
"Ssd was only packaged in some tissue paper. It is DOA and not working at all."
If he doesnt do anything or declines request, you can notify ebay and just take some pics and upload it if they can help. There will barely be much communication between you and the seller.

you can do it user, get that refund! do what the other user said and just copy+paste that reply.
but also check it by plugging it into the motherboard and not through usb, sometimes adapters are funky like that

Attached: Screenshot_32.png (249x257, 84K)

>but also check it by plugging it into the motherboard and not through usb, sometimes adapters are funky like that

I put it in the mSATA slot on my Thinkpad and booted up and Ubuntu didn't recognize it. I could try again?

He's dead, Jim.

Request a refund on ebay. For all you know, the seller sent a defective item from the start.

Attached: 20180715_105209.jpg (3264x1836, 1.16M)

maybe this model is not supported by you shitty crustpad

just file a grievence through paypal you retard. if they didn't ship with tracking and you didn't contact the seller to confirm you received the shipment (i.e. left feedback) then you can claim you never got the package.

did you check if you need a whitelist for that device, you fucking mongoloid?

>my autism
Its not autism. You're a fucking retard.

Probably a bad connection. DOn't bother sending it back. Just put it in the microwave on high for 60 seconds or stick it in a toaster oven at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. This will heat and resolder any bad connection. After that you should be good to go.

Attached: P1050585_c_p.jpg (3624x2718, 1.03M)

>can i bake it in an oven, like a GPU?

jesus user why would you do that

>ChinkPad
>Lelnuts
Found the problem.

why are you such a fucking pussy?

retard

Why would you buy used SSD anyway?

Zallus Learning Controller Kit

incase anyone was wondering what that's called. it's $90

Are you sure it is not a mPCIe slot instead of mSATA?

Thanks, was wondering

cheaper

it's SATA

he didn't actually order a 180gb he just wants to know if there is some hack to save them so he can buy broken ones and try and earn money.

You bought a used SSD off of ebay? Are you fucking retarded?

>cheaper
The old adage "you get what you paid for" comes to mind.

You don't need to interact with the seller 99% of the time, just say it's broken and they'll refund you no questions asked

>cheaper

As you can see - no, it’s not. If anything you got lucky that it failed in time so that you can refund it.

>My "autism" makes me hesitant to interact with the seller to ask for a refund or a return. I'd prefer not to talk to anyone and solve the problem myself.

Hello I am china man and I greatful for you feel this way.

My family depend on this way of thinking.

You feed my family and we thankful for you.
Thank you AMerican man.

fuck you scammer

refund it you fucking retard

>hesitant to interact with the seller to ask for a refund or a return. I'd prefer not to talk to anyone

The fuck!...stop being such a retard. You don't actually have to talk to anyone. Refund it or lose your money. No one gives a fuck but you.

>receive broken product
>tell seller it doesn't work + evidence
>seller either refunds or eBay/PayPal refunds
what's so hard about this

Uhh you do realise you can't boot from m.2 unless your bios specifically supports it? Not only thay but your bios needs to support the m.2 interface too, nevermind the msata connector.
Ugh you're one of the unintelligent, trashy spergs, aren't you?

mSATA =/= M.2, dumbfuck

Thinkpads have no m.2 connector you retard, OP said hes jamming it into a msata

Some (older) Thinkpads have mSATA/mPCIe.
Some (newer) Thinkpads have M.2.

OP posted a pic of an mSATA drive, said he used a USB to external mSATA cable, and said he installed the drive in his Thinkpad. He never said anything about the connectors not fitting together. He said the drive was dead. It's clear OP has an mSATA drive and knows how to use it. It's clear he does not have an M.2 drive. How dumb are you?

What does electrostatic discharge do to the hardware? Asking for a friend.

I really hate people here that use the word autism, literal brain dead faggots like OP

I know how you feel but just shake away that feeling and ask your refund. You'll only get better at being confrontational if you start doing it, might be something you'll want to talk with a therapist about.

Attached: 1466742215305.png (354x504, 137K)

To my knowledge, no Thinkpad has ever used a whitelist on the mSATA port. It may share a slot with WWAN which does have a whitelist, but mSATA is not subject to a whitelist.

>T. Autist

Dear Seller,
I received the 180GB mSATA SSD I ordered from you and unfortunately it doesn't work. I would like to return it for either a replacement or a full refund. Please advise on how we can proceed. Thank you.

Just copy and paste this. When they respond, updste the thread and we'll give you what to say next. I believe in you, user.

>didn't ship with tracking
lmao
Isn't it a bit late for you gramps?

Ok guys, I did it...

Attached: new message.jpg (613x155, 21K)

Hi, thanks for responding so quickly. When I received the item, I saw it was wrapped in tissue paper and not in an anti-static bag. I believe this is why it doesn't work. I tried it in several different computers and it isn't even recognized at all so it is definitely DOA. Please advise on how I can get either an exchange or a refund. Picture of the drive is enclosed. Thank you.

Did you use gparted to set up the drive?

>to set up the drive?
He hasn't even gotten that far. It's completely dead.

>t. actual retard
putting it in an oven is placebo that doesn't work

he's saying ubuntu didn't recpgnize the drive. Did he try using gparted, or did it just not pop up on the desktop?

tissues don't hard hardware idiot I deal with used parts and never had a part break because of tissues or newspaper warping, try it in a real msata port

Thanks, no response yet.

I've done this with a GPU and it actually did work.

not recognized in gparted

see >2101: Detection error on HDD2 (Mini SATA)
>Press Esc to continue...
That's in a real mSATA port. You tell me what it means.

don't buy chink offbrand ssds. I'm in the process of returning pic related because it fucked up after 30 days, returning sata r/w errors after the first few blocks. SMART values are all fine, it just refused working.

Attached: IMG_20180716_054848.jpg (4608x3456, 1.51M)

It's an used OEM Intel-branded SSD, not chinkshit. $41 for the 180 GB.

>I've done this with a GPU and it actually did work.
youtube.com/watch?v=E9aZZxNptp0

Didn't know that, kingspec didn't ring any bells and it identifies itself as generic ata disk. Still, read write errors while having a perfect smart output isn't expected with used ssds, right?

Attached: IMG_20180716_055639.jpg (4608x3456, 1.51M)

no no no, I meant the one I (I'm OP) bought was an Intel-branded one, not a "chink offbrand ssd" as you implied I bought

I've seen that video before. Whatever he says or doesn't say, doesn't change the fact that I had a GPU that didn't work, I put it in the oven, took it out, it worked, and it still works a year later.

I own a ebay shop and we sell loads shit, have to refund for just about any issue, just open a case and send request he pay for TRACKED shipping

if he gets it back and it wasnt tracked he can claim he didnt get it and you wont get your refund

>I've seen that video before. Whatever he says or doesn't say, doesn't change the fact that I had a GPU that didn't work, I put it in the oven, took it out, it worked, and it still works a year later.
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal

Sorry, i though you just put a generic ssd image. Well, good luck with your return. At least you bought from ebay and not from aliexpress

Why is it always people who have no fucking idea what a logical fallacy is trying to quote them to look smart on the internet?

>It's often much easier for people to believe someone's testimony as opposed to understanding complex data and variation across a continuum. Quantitative scientific measures are almost always more accurate than personal perceptions and experiences, but ...

Here's some data for you:
- worked for me
- worked for numerous other people (search for this online)

Here's what isn't data:
- one guy's ramblings

Nice try.

What's wrong with aliexpress?

>t. knows nothing about electrical engineering

>implying you do

Does your extensive knowledge of electrical engineering lead you to the conclusion that it is IMPOSSIBLE to fix a graphics card by putting it in an oven?

If so, you're demonstrably wrong. If not, what are you arguing over? None of the supporters of the oven method here have said that it works 100% of the time, just that it worked for them.

t. strawmanning faggot

What does the
> t.
mean

Cool. Keep me updated. Worst case, they don't play ball and you file a claim.

thanks for the (You)s

>May I have image?

You've been chinked.

no problem user

Terveisiä, which is finnish for "Regards" at the end of an email or letter.

t. Finnanon

Attached: IMG-20180714-WA0006.jpg (640x427, 49K)

>What's wrong with buying from unethical chinks? I don't understand.

You should never buy used SSD or HDD's

I see you don't have any argument.

You are the buyer, you always win in refund situations, if it goes to arbitration for some reason you'll still win.

Sellers can always request a refund and they'll get it sooner or later.

If you contact the seller and make it explicitly clear it's dead, ask them for a replacement and go from there - tell them you'll expect the replacement in a few days after which if it works you'll return the defective one.

If they balk or don't respond to your request, file the refund claim and then go from there.

Leave negative feedback and state the reasons why (even with the limited space eBay allows for feedback). If they didn't ship it in an anti-static bag they knew it was DOA to begin with.

This is simple stuff, you fucking idiot.

You just used the logical fallacy called "begging the question". It's a very common one on Jow Forums. Lots of retards use it. Essentially, it means you are asking a question in which you assume a false point to be true. An example would be "Why is the moon made of cheese?".