Buy AMD GPU because Jow Forums says its the best thing ever

>buy AMD GPU because Jow Forums says its the best thing ever
>buy a supposedly good monitor with freesync, IPS, 1440p and 144hz
>plug my new and old monitor (144hz, TN, 1080p) into my new AMD GPU
>freesync sucks ass and barely works and has a retarded limited range (20hz to 42hz lol)
>AMD GPU limits my rate to 60hz on my 1440p monitor because my secondary monitor is 1080p

fuck you Jow Forums, i listened to your bullshit and now i've been scammed

Attached: 1523067043430.png (384x326, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amd.com/en/products/freesync-monitors
youtube.com/watch?v=mVNRNOcLUuA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nobody here has recommended AMD GPUs for at least five years now. Miners ruined their competitiveness

>t.yet another shintelkike that fries his cpu with cumtoothpaste

>>freesync sucks ass and barely works and has a retarded limited range (20hz to 42hz lol)
Shouldn't have bought a shit screen, then. My screen supports FreeSync at 144hz. Do your research next time before being retarded.

>t. shiteating amdrone

The range depends on the monitor, that's hardly AMDs fault. And I haven't seen a single one that goes down to 20Hz. What monitor do you use? The second part just sounds odd. I'm using a 1440p 144Hz freesync monitor and a 60Hz 1080p monitor without problems.

Besides that, unless you got an RX 480/580 for cheap you fucked up anyways, AMDs last competitive cards that didn't have their price immediately fucked by miners were the Hawaii based ones that were released like 5 years ago.

>WAHH ABLOOOOO ABLOOOO WAHHHH MUH INTEL CONSPIRACY MUH JEWISH CONSPIRACY

>>>/india/
>>>/designatedshittingstreet/

There's not a single monitor that supports 1hz to 144hz range with Freesync or Freesync 2. You are a fucking liar, and possibly a shill from AMD.

>didn't even do his research
You're either retarded or actually trying to shill. Take your pick.
No, there are no 1-144Hz screens, but there's plenty of 30-144, 35-144, 40-144, along with other configurations. Why would you ever even want FreeSync at less than 30hz, anyway? Are you mentally challenged or something?

>there are no monitors with a lower refresh rate than current panels support
Big surprise?

There are no monitors with Freesync or Freesync2 that supports 144hz you fucking subhuman autist. Why are you even trying to lie on the Internet? Are you a shill? I hope you get paid by AMD.

>freesync sucks ass and barely works and has a retarded limited range (20hz to 42hz lol)
from wikipedia
>The maximum supported refresh rate range is 9–240 Hz.

Attached: asdas.jpg (480x360, 9K)

>There are no monitors with Freesync or Freesync2 that supports 144hz you fucking subhuman autist. Why are you even trying to lie on the Internet? Are you a shill? I hope you get paid by AMD.
Are you actually this fucking stupid? Did you even open the link from AMD themselves, with the list of ALL FREESYNC SUPPORTING PANELS AND THE SUPPORTED REFRESH RATE?

You goddamn stupid mongoloid. No one can be this fucking braindead, I refuse to believe you're this fucking stupid.

but i'm sitting in front of one and they're selling dozens? How is this possible?

Attached: Capture.png (1019x1028, 490K)

That's an excellent link. Helps narrow down my search for a 1440p IPS 144hz monitor to pair with a Vega56... Even if OP swears there's no such thing

there is only the MG249Q and the eizo FS2735 i think. Maybe nixeus has one too

Now looking at the Acer XF270HU
Looks like it's pretty close to what I'm after.

>monitor is 144hz
>barely works and has a retarded limited range (20hz to 42hz lol)
I guess the problem here is a retarded user.

i've really been out of the loop, didn't know released a 1440p IPS freesync monitor

>someone makes a post, revealing how terrible AMD is
>AMDrones come out of the clockwork to screech about muh Intel, muh Jews, muh "AMD is perfect"

jesus fucking christ

Yes, everyone is a retard except for AMD and their shills, the AMDrones .

Back to bump your thread OP? If anything this thread's been helpful in providing a handy resource amd.com/en/products/freesync-monitors
I wasn't aware either.

Everyone who criticizes AMD is a retard and a samefag and OP !!!!!!!!!!!!

>post count doesn't change
Basically yep.

>inb4 OP cycles flight mode and a mysterious 10th poster appears

I've been a diehard ATI/AMD GPU fan for years. My first build (2011) had an NVidia GPU in it and it died within 6 months. Grabbed a FirePro V4800 out of an old workstation at work, and that little card still runs like a champ. Cool and quiet, handles 3D CAD like it's nothing, and not once have I ever had a driver problem, even on esoteric linux distros with shit drivers.

I'm finally replacing it, though. I wanted an upgrade because I want to be able to use Inventor with all the fancy raytracing shit enabled. I put it in my little sister's computer, so it's probably gonna live out the rest of its life rendering the Sims and LoL, before it gets put in a basement one day.

I'm replacing it with a 1050Ti. I don't have access to gutted workstations like I used to, and GPUs are wildly overpriced right now so I just took what I could get.

>tfw the MSRP for a 1050Ti is $140
>tfw I was ecstatic when I found one "open box" for $150
>tfw the 1050Ti's regularly go for $170-$190 new
>tfw the one I got sells for $190 on Amazon

Are you retarded, AMDrone? The post count changes with each post in this thread. It is currently 26 posts, now it'll be 27.

Jesus FUCKING CHRIST you AMDrones are literally mentally deranged.

Are you baiting or are you actually sub-humanly retarded

Attached: we_just_don't_know.gif (250x251, 1002K)

I'd be on board if their OGL performance on Windows matched Novideo. I had a RX 580 8GB for a few hours and overall liked it barring OGL performance and OOB temps (based Wattman), but refunded it the day after I got it and got a 1060 6GB.

Maybe one day, but today is not that day.

AMD is the perfect company with 1-100000Hz Freesync monitors. Anyone who questions it, proves me wrong or criticizes AMD is a sub-humanly retard.

Haven't tried freesync but normal fast sync works great

it's not comparable though, fastsync only really works if you have way more FPS than the refresh rate of your panel. adaptive sync achieves the same without you having to throw GPU performance away and in addition to that minimizes stutter if your frametimes are ever imperfect, which happens pretty damn often.

see
I count 14 monitors on the first page alone that support up to 144hz, and one that supports 240hz. Kindly go tell your boss to suck my dick, shill.

>buy a supposedly good monitor with freesync, IPS, 1440p and 144hz
Dumb to buy both 144hz and 1440p when no video card can handle this

You can actually adjust this with software

>AMD GPU limits my rate to 60hz on my 1440p monitor because my secondary monitor is 1080p

You're doing something wrong because I have a 75hz 1440p 32in freesync monitor and it stays at 75hz when I connect my PC to my 60hz 1080p TV

Sounds kind of like you don't know what you're doing and just bought shit without thinking. No GPU will handle the dumb meme combination you bought.

Is this a real, will Freesync make problems when usign 1440p+1080p?

>Dumb to buy both 144hz and 1440p when no video card can handle this
my 5 year old 290 handles it just fine. Just reduce the settings a bit

>buy AMD GPU because Jow Forums says its the best thing ever

I think you’ve been trolled, OP.

"wtb" guy incoimg

Attached: 1510925238331.png (797x476, 373K)

I'm using the same card and it doesn't unless you're playing an old game like DMC4 or some shit. Anything recent that has graphics not really

i mostly am, but battlefield 1 still ran with mostly more than 100 fps with reduced settings at that resolution. A modern card surely can handle the resolution and refreshrate in modern games

My Freesync is 70-90hz you liar faggot.

Include me in the intel shill screen thread.
Thanks boys

Freesync sucks compared to Gsync because Gsync handles things in hardware while freesync is a software solution. Gsync is faster and more consistent across monitors as well.

Cktatiok needed

You may be the dumb one. He isn't talking about the monitor's max frequency. He is talking about the Freesync supported range on the monitor there is a huge difference between the two.

"freesync" requires scalers that are adaptive sync capable, it's a hardware solution just like gsync. The difference is that it's based upon an open standard and pretty much every new scaler supports it, so monitor manufacturers can include it with almost no additional ressources spent in new monitors while gsync requires a ridiculously expensive FPGA and dram because apparently the framebuffer of kepler cards wasn't flexible enough to handle it on its own.

> Buys shit monitor
> Blames his gpu
Wew

Best explanation ever

you have to be actually retarded to misread that website. What is listed as the "Range" on the website is the freesync range.

youtube.com/watch?v=mVNRNOcLUuA

There's no notable difference between the latencies or how you describe "Fastness" of the monitors. You are right in saying that it is more consistent across monitors, but that's because Nvidia has complete control of the standard, which comes with disadvantages as well as the advantage you stated.

>buy AMD GPU because "Jow Forums says its the best thing ever"

what?

Attached: Retarded.png (361x334, 87K)

yeah, really. AMD is only good on Linux.

>no notable difference
Next you will tell me that the human eye cannot tell the difference between 60hz and 120hz, or 1080p and 4k, so there is no notable difference.

when there is no measureable difference it sure as hell isn't noteable either. Shitty strawman

Why do you even bother responding if you haven't looked at the evidence I presented.

but when you boot a modern linux distro and have full amd driver support built into the kernel out of the box it is GLORIOUS

are there any 24hz monitors?

i don't think so. If you lower the adaptive sync window manually with CRU most panels will crap themself well before that. The current panel technology simply doesn't deal well with refresh rates that low. IGZO panels and the like can, but that isn't used for panels that large yet

>he fell for the 144hz meme

TVs sometimes can do it, because muh cinema

>incel pentiums at it again.

I got some spare cash and currently using a R9 390. Is there a freesync monitor Jow Forums approves of? Don't care about the best of the best. I just need something to get me by until 4k HDR TVs makes sense to hook up to my gaming/htpc.

>Vega56 = 1070 money
Sure is comfy in my locality

Have a look and filter your requirements. Then google reviews for what ever takes your fancy.

I love ryzen and I'm about to order the 2700x to complete my build but amd did not and could not invest in R&D for gpus this year (they spent it all on ryzen and getting ahead of intel). Nvidia gpus are just better because their prices have not been fucked by miners and they beat the best and gpus at games.

not last year. Like the past 3 years. Zen has been in the pipeline for a long time and AMD was operating on a shoestring budget. Developement takes a long time. Now that they can dump more money into R&D again they'll maybe catch back up in a year or two

>>buy AMD GPU because Jow Forums says its the best thing ever
wat? there are arguments in favor of AMD, like
>better drivers for linux
>freesync not costing an arm and a leg and also helping support its open standard approach
>not supporting and validating the anti consumer practices Nvidia has come up with several times
and probably something else I can't remember, but if you want performance per watt and not get your wallet raped by Vega, you go for Nvidia, it all depends where your principles and interests are. Perhaps you'd be okay for your workload getting an AMD GPU that doesn't quite perform as good as Nvidia, because you despise Nvidia's approach more than you hate AMD. Maybe you want good performance and don't care what the practices of the company that makes them are. You seem like the later, and also stupid enough to follow Jow Forums's advice on things you don't have a good grasp on

On amazon there is a Gigabtye RX 580 for $230 dollars and it has mostly good review (about 70% positive score from 5-4 stars). What does /g think about Gigabyte gpus? I don't think they would honor the rebate since they didn't honor my previous rebate for a graphics card by them.

sounds like you're retarded, OP. My 2 old 2010 1080p60hz monitors don't interfere with my new EDG27 monitor.

We dont have this issue with gsync because all gsync monitors are good tier :^)

Nvidia shills BTFO

That's exactly what that website is about. You'll find monitors on that list with lower frequency listed than their actual frequency. The website shows the FreeSync frequency range, not the monitor's real frequency range. They may, or may not, match.

Any examples?

I have a Nixeus 2k/144hz freesync and an HP ZR30W.
I had both of them hooked into a 580 and now a Vega with no limiters being placed on the 144hz monitor.

Thank you

Traded my 970 for a 4gb RX580 for very little cash.
Not much faster, but Freesync + 70-75fps Chill is flat out amazing when you have a 75hz 1440p Freesync monitor

>he listened to the shills on a vietnamese cat fucking chatroom

Attached: wwfguy.gif (200x150, 725K)

>>freesync sucks ass and barely works and has a retarded limited range (20hz to 42hz lol)

Literally depends on the monitor. You can slap freesync on literally anything.

>1hz

Are you retarded?

>1Hz

A 6.9ms max difference between frame times doesn't matter when frames are being delivered ever second

At 20Hz you have a period of 50ms, an average difference of ~5% between frames times would hardly be noticeable. Below 20Hz you barely even perceive motion anymore and it turns into a series of stills of images.

Also frame doubling can boost you into the freesync range and enable it to work as long as the lower range is less than half the upper range (so you can always land in it by repeating frames).

I wish AMD manages to release a competitive GPU next year. Then again after vega and all the Polaris rereleases I don't have my hopes up.

Plug your second monitor into the display output that's on your motherboard and enable your iGPU, dumb fukbrain kid.

you clearly have never been on /pcbg/

Freesync is done monitor-side you retard. If your FS sucks its because you bought a shitty monitor. My Acer 27" 1440/144/1ms does FS at a full 144hz/fps on my R9 390.

Honestly, with Vega56 prices comparable to the 1070 again as they should've been from the start, the 56 starts making a lot of sense. If you don't mind tweaking youve got 1070ti/1080 performance for higher end 1070 price, with more affordable freesync monitors to choose from. It was when the 56 and 64 were similar price to a hybrid 1080ti they were stupid.

lel, I'm running an RX 480 and a Nixeus EDG27, 1440p IPS 144hz with a FreeSynx range of 30hz to 144hz, so idk what y'all are complaining about

not exactly but nobody ever recommended AMD if you had money to spend on better NVIDIA cards
the Ryzen APUs are fantastic for their price

>buy new pc 6months ago
>stopped gayming years ago so i just get an rx560
>system is unstable as fuck
>freezes and crashes all the time with no event logs or dumps or anything
>random bouts of video static
>can't restart or shut-down without using actual buttons - verbose notifications hang too
>suspect it's a bad drive
>finally today i get a bluescreen and dump-file
>video tdr
>uninstall control center bullshit, block the official amd keylogger and get new drivers
>everything works like a charm, disk health index went from 4.5 to 10(!?)
no point, just venting

Nvidia GPU did the same on my monitor. Doesn't apply when game goes into full screen mode. Pretty sure its a windows limitation.

god damn, where did you download your original drivers from

Attached: 1494289777740.png (539x722, 290K)

Bull fucking SHIT. There is no commercial monitor on the market with a 20hz to 42hz range.

>vietnamese cat fucking chatroom

Attached: HAHAHAHAHA.jpg (480x640, 12K)

got them from the asus disk that came with the card - catalyst 17.5.1 i think

>got them from the asus disk that came with the card
>Installing drivers from a fucking disk

Attached: 1501354309238.jpg (1300x1248, 344K)

had no internet for a while because the wnic i really wanted was out of stock, besides i was under the impression that a major company with revenues in the billions could be trusted with not shipping drivers that give my os cancer with their product.

>20hz to 42hz
What dumpsterfire did you buy? Mine does 30-144.

Could be that the problem wasn't with the drivers itself. AMD control center has an FPS limiter feature for RXs that in older version (all except the most recent ones, but maybe they are dodgy too) could just completely fuck up anything that isn't Win10.

No one recommends amd at inflated prices, nor do they recommend nvidia at inflated either. Without the miner price issue and a possible ram inflation issue
570 > 580 > vega 56 > vega 64 > 1080ti
there is no nvidia gpu worth getting below 1080ti, and if you are in destitute gpu prices, you get used over new

There is no nvidia gsync that goes from 1-144 either most of them kick in at around 30fps as a minimum
and have access to a freesync monitor, the things actual range is 18-144, but its rated range is 30-144
and why would you want to go that low? its simple, at 18fps in battlefield 4, we did this by not allowing the gpu to clock up at all, the game felt smooth, sure there was some jerkiness in the animations due to being able to nearly count the refresh rate, however there was never a moment where the game felt unresponsive. It is one of the weirdest experiences I have ever had on a pc, where everything I know got tossed out the window at once.

This made me fully understand the use of free/gsync.