How can I remove the bloat

how can I remove the bloat

Attached: IMG_20180715_133057.jpg (2062x1526, 1010K)

cd /
rm -rf /*

remove systemd.

Use wayland not Xorg
Don't use a DE

Pretty much it.

>permission denied

>Uptime: 43 secs

how can I install wayland without the whole xorg environment pulled in?

You can't. Almost all things use xwayland

Do things with that computer, please
Whatever you're doing with it that requires 233 packages doesn't necessitate the amount of power that machine has

Remove yourself

i have 1848 packages in my ubuntu most of it i don't use

The whole argument against "bloat" is that it bogs down your computer with unnecessary shit. Most modern computers negate this argument

Don't use dbus, *kit, systemd, alsa, *pcre*, nls, X(use Wayland) and set the minimal use flag to enabled. Also if possible avoid using a bootloader like grub and use an efistub.

Also forgot about a few other things, don't use networkmanager, use a static /dev and obviously don't use a DE and use a properly configured kernel.

There is no reason to not use your computer as root unless you share it with someone.

I completely agree, user. Keep doing that.

Attached: 1496290182856.jpg (250x250, 49K)

emerge -ca ?

color term is bloat
*fetch is bloat
bash is bloat, but I think portage requires it?

Install Debian

Attached: totally not a vm.png (510x121, 3K)

Most bloat just wastes storage space and doesn't impact the machine's performance. There are only a few exceptions. For example, windows defender causes serious performance issues when it sees a process doing something "suspicious". There is a python script that I use to parse a huge number of files and load summary statistics into a MySql database. It takes three times longer to run with windows defender enabled than it does with windows defender disabled. That is with an i7-6800k, 32 GB RAM, and an NVMe SSD. I've also observed windows defender gobbling up resources when I compile code, but I've never actually benchmarked it to see how much it slows down the compiler.

buy amd

Well, Windows isn't just bloated, it's on a whole other level that surpasses "bloat."

Dont use gui

>obviously don't use a DE

Attached: asfdafasfsfsaddfas.jpg (232x217, 16K)

how do you not understand escalation of privilege with regard to security LMAO

Uninstall Gentoo

apt purge neofetch

Problem?

If you can do apt on Gentoo, you've got a whole lot more bloat to worry about than Neofetch.

gentoo doesn't use systemd

>cd to directory
>reference it absolutely anyway
bloat