Prove me wrong

The Windows NT kernel is miles ahead of the Linux kernel in terms of stability, efficiency, and security. NTFS is thousands of times better than ext in terms of integrity and longevity. And both CMD and Powershell are light years ahead of the bash shells. Prove me wrong, Jow Forums
>protip: you can't

Attached: image.png (200x200, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/torvalds/linux
mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/Historic/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sure, kid. That's why Microsoft runs Linux on all their critical cloud infrastructure, right?

Fucking weak bait.
Sage goes in all fields

>NT closed source
>NTFS closed source and no public spec
so
>longevity
>security
are both out as they're like black boxes.
PowerShell > bash et al >> CMD

>The Windows NT kernel is miles ahead of the Linux kernel in terms of stability, efficiency, and security.

it has some positives, but it's nonfree so it literally doesn't. matter.

You're wrong. Prove me wrong.

this is so true it's not even bait at this point

checkmate

You're wrong.

The most vulnerable OS, and with the most known viruses so far.
>security
Sure thing buddy.

>And both CMD and Powershell are light years ahead of the bash shells.
How so?

Proof?

Proof.

Proof!

Attached: proof-grunge-rubber-stamp-vector-1811382.jpg (1000x780, 195K)

Idk senpai, I've done server spec evaluations at a few supercomputing centers, and they all use custom fabricated Linux distributions for the infrastructure. Usually some fork of redhat that was developed in house.

Attached: cirno_go.png (500x500, 159K)

>being a cmdlet
If PowerShell is so great, what's this whole Bash on Winshit for? You faggots love to wave it around as an e-penis despite the syscall translation being slow as fuck.

>muh NTFS
>muh NT
Both are terrible. Go look at the NT source that was leaked. Go look at the React OS source code. Both are poorly designed dumpsterfires. NT might have been decent if it hadn't carried anything over from DOS. Instead of being a "New Technology" it's now a 20 year old hairball they keep pulling out of a bathtub in Redmond. Absolutely disgusting.

Attached: 1519934356246.png (1110x590, 572K)

>nt kernel
code from the 90's
>ntfs
have to defrag every week
>cmd
>CMD
>powershell

Attached: bait-bigger.jpg (625x626, 18K)

>Linux
code from 90's
design concepts from 70's
>have to defrag every week
Doesn't mater for SSDs.
>sh
>bash

This. Just give it sunlight and you will enjoy it throught the year.

Attached: common-sage-web.jpg (640x426, 46K)

>both cmd and Powershell
>cmd

>code from 90's
You can't possibly be serious?
github.com/torvalds/linux
>have to defrag every week
Doesn't matter for HDDs either.

Oldest commit in repo is 2001. But first release dates back to 1993 as can be found in mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/Historic/

replying to

Attached: Are_you_even_trying.png (500x501, 80K)

We need to autoban the discussion of linux for a few days, Jow Forums. Not forever, just for a few days, until the over zealous Linux users realize that they are only 1% of that market and it is NOT fair that 1% of the market gets half the threads and discussion here. This isn't representative of the populace and is NOT FUCKING FAIR. I come here to discuss technology, particularly computers. Why is such a small minority in this arena practically owning the fucking board?

I do use Windows, and while I have apple, at least the Macfags and the threads here are representative of population and market of OSX users. Unlike the tiny Linux using minority here that seems to make at least 3 threads a piece, because I know there is not that fucking many linux users.

STOP SHITTING UP THE BOARD WITH SUB PAR SHIT

>The Windows NT kernel is miles ahead of the Linux kernel in terms of stability, efficiency, and security.
wew
>NTFS is thousands of times better than ext in terms of integrity and longevity.
WEW
>And both CMD and Powershell are light years ahead of the bash shells.
W E W
E
W

10/10 bait, you deserve all the replies.

Is this true?

linuxfags on suicide watch

> TL;DR: Jow Forums don't use the OSes I think they do
Yeah, Jow Forums doesn't accurately represent the populace, who's surprised there?

If you merged /v/ into Jow Forums than maybe you would get a much lower Linux-user ratio, but as is, I would guess that a majority here actually do use Linux. Although I would bet that many claiming to run Gentoo actually use Ubuntu or Mint.

NT seems okay. Fun to play around with ReactOS anyway.

>The Windows NT kernel is miles ahead of the Linux kernel in terms of
>stability
works for me

>efficiency
>NTFS is thousands of times better than ext in terms of integrity and longevity
don't know much about these things, so I will admit I have no idea about this t-b-h f-a-m

>security
ASLR came from the PaX team. Linux gets patched ASAP. security @ MS is simply a secondary priority. so, no.

>And both CMD and Powershell are light years ahead of the bash shells
uhm, you could easily falsify this if you have any experience with all those things whatsoever

imagine writing a genuine response to such obvious bait