How come nobody gives a shit about China's Lunar Rover?

How come nobody gives a shit about China's Lunar Rover?

Attached: yutu-rover.jpg (1998x1123, 460K)

Other urls found in this thread:

space.com/33681-china-moon-rover-yutu-dead.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because wonder is in short supply in a world where the most important moment on any given day to most people is what kind of latte they want from Starbucks.

Attached: 1475961879534.gif (270x263, 3.91M)

What experiments are they doing with it?

Yeah pretty much, it pisses me off when I hear people say why go to space it's pointless, or is there anything interesting to find on mars why go there?

We do these things to evolve and grow Humanity and to answer questions, but people can't see past their needs right now like shortsighted children.

Sorry had to vent had an argument with someone I work with about this last week

Because we've sent PEOPLE there. Why the fuck would we care about a robot there? Same reason I don't care about a rover driving through a mall.

Because it's fake also no one cares what chinks do.

This. Chinks are only good at frauds.

Jow Forums really lowered the bar on shitposting Tbh

Didn't just lower the bar but raised the floor as well.

we already put a flag on it

We should send one up just to run theirs over and plant an American flag in it

fucking gooks stay off our rock

space force has been notified

wonder and awe is for children and fools
people are busy living and working

the guy you had an argument is right though.
spend less time staring at the stars and daydreaming
and spend more time working on fixing this big ball of dirt

When was the last time US went to to the moon?

They've never been there, still no way to survive cosmic radiation without the ozone layer.

>How come nobody gives a shit about China's Lunar Rover?
because we already put like 20 men on the moon like 60 years ago.

>inb4 fake landing
you can literally see the shit they left on the moon with a telescope.

omg, pls kys

CHINA NUMER ONE

>you can literally see the shit they left on the moon with a telescope.

Actually you can't but we have satellite imagery that do.

I don't care either but in space robots are more useful than people.
All I can say is I hope this is just China's first step.

>we have satellite imagery that do.
I've never seen that either.

It is user. The gooks will carry on the white man legacy in space and on land.

>he doesn't know about probe fired objects via orbital satellites

Getting objects there isn't difficult.
It's getting humans there alive and back.

Well, he's not wrong.

the cold war is over, truth is no one gives a shit about space. we vegan emojis now

because it's China, and the world doesn't care about space travel anymore.

WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY

Attached: nh8et0dgjeb01.jpg (231x160, 11K)

Because sportball

Because it's not impressive. Why should we cheer China on for being 30+ years behind the curve?

Because, like everything else from China, it's a cheap knockoff of something America did.

As has been repeated ad nauseum, we put men on the moon many decades ago. Why would you be impressed about a little remote controlled car after that? The only thing the chinks or the ESA or anybody else can do that will be impressive is putting a man on Mars or a close second, drill through the ice on Europa and swim around. Trust me, when that happens, the world including us will stand up and cheer. Otherwise? Fuck off.

We put PEOPLE on the moon back in the 60s and 70s and nowadays we put robots on Mars and tiny space potatoes. Putting a rover on the moon is basically baby's first space program at this point.

Because people generally only pay attention to NASA space stuff. Most people don't even know the Soviets landed a robot on the moon during the Apollo program.

But did the usa put a robot on moon before? If not then it' a first, and you murrikens are beaten.

They admitted they had a UV telescope but only after a long while. I would guess they also have a He3 soul sample experiments but do not expect any announcements any time soon.

>Sorry had to vent
Go back to r/SpaceX

No but the Soviets did

What is this mémé

It's a powerful meme

Will get smashed to pieces when the US lands on the Moon.

Because it is dead you retard
>space.com/33681-china-moon-rover-yutu-dead.html

It's the fucking moon, who gives a shit

>Believes anything from Chinese authorities.
Uh-huh.

cause it doesn't exist
it's a scam

>gooks

Attached: 1531523410682.png (451x619, 467K)

Holy shit. That looks even worse than the Apollo program's fake moon imagery.

If mars had a china rover, that would be a news story!

If it's actually on the moon then who took the picture?

Me but on Jow Forums

The simplest way to fix this big ball of dirt is for a huge-ass meteor to hit it.

chink shit

The moon? What is this, 1969?

1959 more like

Attached: 260px-Luna_2_Soviet_moon_probe.jpg (260x349, 15K)

because its an elaborate commercial by Wish

fuck you you utilitarian faggot we can and should do cool things for fun

Cold war is over, no one gives a shit about space anymore. When Russia and its threat died so did any motivation for Washington and as a result it's audience.
The colour of that Starbucks cup is more important now.

cuz america got two on mars b fuck u doin out there on the moon someones gotta get they mans outta there no oxygen he gonna die sheit

Gotta get indiana jones up there in his stupid fuckin hat to find that chinaman who went out and threw a fuckin spaceman on the moon why the fuck mans in mars and shit why the fuck they on the moon sheit

Didn't japan already send a rover to the moon?

/thread

Isn't there a chink shit general thread?

>wonder and awe is for children and fools
If you're not one of these "children and fools" you'll never have a great idea or excel at anything you do.
>the guy you had an argument is right though.
>we shouldn't make humanity better.

Are you black? Do you want yourself and your kids and their kids to have the same station in life? Fucking degenerate.

We can literally see if it's still moving or not. It may be alive and sending/collecting data, but if it moves, everyone watching will know. This is how we know where and approximately when the Lunokhod-1 died.

Deep, I'm posting this on my Facebook

>China rarely boasts about its accomplishments to others, usually just to themselves through state media. Not only do other countries not see it as a competition, China itself doesn't
>Their rover is admittedly a minor project in and of itself, it's primarily meant to implement technologies as a stepping stone to Chinese manned space mission
>This isn't even pitched as a real scientific mission. USA and USSR would share scientific data. Nobody outside China has any clue what is going on with this mission
>There is little material gain from caring (competing) with them. No technologies, no resources, and scientific data will be less important as compared to other projects going on

The only way this could possibly ever lead to serious competition would be if China followed through on its moon mining idea, which is pretty laughable and unlikely.

No one gives a shit about their lunar rover because we are too busy arguing over the color of our skin and other petty shit down here on Earth.

We legit could have colonized Mars like 10 years ago if we had kept up with the pace of exploration in the 60s. But no, we were too obsessed over trivial shit like skin color, quarreling over fake gods and land and other stupid shit. God damn I hate humans

obligatory fpbp

Does livejournal still exist for people like you?