Why are there no good Android tablets like the iPad?

Why are there no good Android tablets like the iPad?

There are millions of shitty cheap tablets, but no premium ones

Attached: KHIPADAIR332WGRY_1.jpg (600x400, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JHn4bARy5bQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xjgZM5Ohxd0
youtube.com/watch?v=Nh7mX_ZrkSU
support.apple.com/en-us/ht207521
support.apple.com/en-us/HT201320
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What is Surface Pro
>What is Surface Go

You just need to lurk moar. Also, iPad is a clunky piece of shit with
- mediocre multitasking,
>perfectly adjustable side-by-side view on Windows 10

- monolithic keyboard layout that you cannot use while holding with two hands on both sides,
>split keyboard on Windows 10

- only two angle stand and
>Surface Pro/Go kickstand can be adjusted to make your screen stay at almost any angle

- clicky clacky pen tip as you write on screen.
>Surface Pen has exchangeable pen tips, none of which sound as annoyingly loud as Apple's Pencil

I know all this because my girlfriend has the latest normal iPad with Pencil. She actually enjoys it, and I believe anybody who seeks just a premium feel, and not necessarily a good tablet in terms of usability will enjoy having one. For a useful device, just get a Surface Pro (or maybe a Surface Go), and don't even buy a type cover, just a Surface Pen, and you'll have a very decent tablet in your hands, an order of magnitude better than any iPad.

Just check out the
>pic related,
and see how a tablet keyboard should be.

Attached: Screenshot (16).gif (1920x1080, 231K)

windows 10 sucks tho. i convinced my gf to switch from mac to surface pro and windows is annoying as hell to use coming from mac

I'd rather use something with iOS than Windows, desu.

You have to Google to do even the simplest things in any Apple-made OS. The first example that comes to my mind about this is the time I had to add a mail account to my mother's phone:

>try to find some way to add it through the Mail app, nope
>try to find some way to add it through the Settings > Mail, nope

Went through and through for 2-3 minutes, but I couldn't find a single fucking way to add a mail account to the Mail app. Had to search it from Google. Google is full of walkthroughs to do almost anything on macOS/iOS, I'll give you that. But it is utterly bullshit that I cannot add a mail account from the fucking Mail app, and have to go

>Settings
>Accounts & Passwords
>Add account
>Opt-in for syncing mail, etc.

I don't know if there is any accessible way to choose between IMAP or POP3, don't know how one would deal with the detailed settings.

holy shit, are you retarded?

11 year old girls use iPhones and don't have to Google how to do basic tasks

Windows 10 has a great handwriting panel, both global and local, and recognizes your handwriting in various languages almost perfectly. Gestures to delete and correct words are available.

iPad, claiming to be a tablet supporting a stylus for input, doesn't have this. This should be a fucking entry level feature requirement for a tablet with a stylus.

11-years-old girls do not have to setup one or two mail accounts, I suppose. It is a device for kids who do not have to do such "advanced" tasks of adding a mail account conveniently.

>11-years-old girls do not have to setup one or two mail accounts, I suppose.
yes, they do

>It is a device for kids who do not have to do such "advanced" tasks of adding a mail account conveniently.
it is not, it is widely used by people with all kinds of jobs

just admit you're a retard and keep using android or something, but claiming iOS is complicated is one of the worst arguments to make

iPad can't even download torrents or browse files on network shares.

iPads are a complete joke.

the only thing close to the ipad is the Surface like user said but even tho is windows 10 so u know there is bloatware and botnet all over so eventually it will be slow as fuck.
the iPad in the other hand its always super fast and reliable with no fucking android or microsoft fucking bloatware.
Thats why ipads are #1 in tablets

>Surface
>open x86 architechture
>you can install anything you want

>lagPad
>proprietary locked down botnet BIOS
>can't install anything you want
>after 1 year of lagOS malware updates it becomes a laggy useless piece of shit and there's nothing you can do at all besides go to the applel gaybar and bend over and buy a new one

Attached: 1522973126088.png (1536x2048, 256K)

Surface isn't a tablet. Even Microsoft calls it a "laptop with a detachable keyboard."

>user shilling surface
no thanks. those shits are unreliable as fuck. Just give me a decent modern android tablet

>>perfectly adjustable side-by-side view on Windows 10
You can do that as well on iPad.
>split keyboard on Windows 10
You don't have to use the stock keyboard on iPad. You can install any keyboard you want.
>Surface Pro/Go kickstand can be adjusted to make your screen stay at almost any angle
The difference being that if you break the iPad's Smart Keyboard Cover, you buy a new one. If you break the Surface's kickstand, oh fucking well.
>Surface Pen has exchangeable pen tips, none of which sound as annoyingly loud as Apple's Pencil
You can also remove the tip of the Apple Pencil as well. Hell, an extra tip even comes out of the box.

You are a shill and your post is irrelevant. Either that or you need to follow your own advice and lurk more.

Nvidia shield tablet
/thread

Attached: glasstoass.jpg (760x900, 64K)

youtube.com/watch?v=JHn4bARy5bQ

youtube.com/watch?v=xjgZM5Ohxd0

youtube.com/watch?v=Nh7mX_ZrkSU

affordable and decent

>He thinks a Surface is a good investment
- Bad tablets, bad notebooks.
- Price/performance ratio as bad as iPads, if not, worse.
- They come with Botnet 10, making it instantly shit
- Unreliable hardware, with high failure rate.

Even a Samsung tablet is a better investment than Surface trash

>Went through and through for 2-3 minutes, but I couldn't find a single fucking way to add a mail account to the Mail app. Had to search it from Google
So you are braindead. As expected of a Microsoft shill.

Reminder

Attached: surface book shill.jpg (1853x1000, 325K)

Android apps have never been optimized for tablet the way iOS apps have been. Apple told devs their apps need to scale well to iPad or they weren't going to get approved. Google's got far less control of it's Android devs and they basically threw their hands up after an early effort and said fuck tablets.

Frankly if I was going to buy a tablet (which I wouldn't) it would be a Windows 10 one. Why fuck around with a phone OS when I can have a full desktop environment.

>Why fuck around with a phone OS when I can have a full desktop environment.
Because full desktop Windows actually doesn't run very well or reliably and the "phone OS" counterpart is actually quite capable.
iPad is no longer just a blown up iPhone. It has capabilities iPhone doesn't have that make it a lot more powerful.

when will companies stop trying to crush entire desktop OSs into tablet form? it doesn't work.
people don't even use tablets for the same purposes as desktops or laptops anyway.

cause windows is a chore to use with a touchscreen and cause windows is fat and heavy and most things you can do on android/ios now

Wow, is Apple paying you $.0004 per shill post or did you swallow Jobs' cock back in the day?

Surface pro is absolute shit in every possible way. It has nothing that justifies the price compared to a shitty low end tablet. Windows is also a massive negative. There are literally no redeeming qualities about that shit.

Nice (lack of) arguments.

>Windows doesn't really work well in mobile form because it's not designed for touch interaction and has too much bloat to function smoothly on low-power hardware.
>"HURR ISHILL HOW MUCH ARE THEY PAYING YOU???"

This. Surface doesn't work well as a tablet at all and as a laptop there are many better options out there.

>ask a valid question
>get a valid answer
>call the answerer a shill
GG

This poster is an indian

Windows is way better than whatever shit mobile OS any tablet uses. Proper browser with proper adblocking. Proper media players like mpc-hc or mpv. Proper torrent clients... The list goes one.

Android and iOS are trash and should never be used outside a phone.

>iPad
>clunky
>wanting to be stuck with Winpoo 10 S and a half-cursor half-mouse inconsistent buggy UI

Microsoft is a blunder. You must be part pf the special 0.01% of people who are retarded enough to buy a surface device. A great example of trying to copy Apple and failing terribly.

You type like a fucking pajeet and you're too dumb to add a mail account on an iPhone. This thread stinks of curry.

>t. iToddler

Attached: 1513272755114.jpg (1000x615, 183K)

I missed the meme what does the t stand for

You're a literal Indian. Nobody cares about you or your poo retard macros. How does that feel?

KYS, Rajeesh

I missed the meme what does the

> t.

stand for?

What does it mean when someone types

> t.

In their post.

I'm a memer and I just typed

> t.

What did I just do

I tried typing the

> t.

but it didn't stop the music.

That guy typed

> t.

What did he mean by that

>OP says Android tablets
>goes on talking about Windows tablets

This user is right , i seen a decent amount of engineers using surface's.Seems like its the utility mans device , ipad is a toy.

holy shit you're retarded. consider sodoku, fampai

Dude, get a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3. It has a snapdragon 820. Or wait for the S4. It has an 835. Still no match for the A10 but it's still plenty fast.

Attached: Screenshot_20180715-214109.png (1536x2048, 949K)

>the unfortunate decline of Android tablets
oh the irony

it's not even close to premium enough.

I have an ipad pro, a galaxy tab s2, and the nvidia shield tablet k-1. The ipad pro is the better device by far in performance, battery life, and speakers.
I want a damn 8-10 inch tablet with the internals of a galaxy note 8 or better and stereo speakers with enough volume to not sound like assss. Is that so much to ask for?

Yeah but people have been making those articles for years for clicks. Thing is Android tablets as a mainstream premium alternative never really was. Despite this, I couldn't care less. I only care about what I want, not what the herd dictates. As it stands, I have a Nexus 9 and I love it. If I were the only Android tablet user in the world, it wouldn't change that at all. OP asked for a "good Android tablet like the iPad" and the S3 pretty much fits the bill. Or wait for the S4 which should be even better.

Attached: Screenshot_20180715-220537.png (1536x2048, 183K)

What is a good bang for buck tablet as of now? It'd be cool if it wasn't obscure so I'd get lineageOS support when it's not supported anymore. Do Nexus tablets still exist? I'd be a sucker for that shit.

Nexus tablets are pretty much only available used for now. If I were shopping today, I'd go to Best Buy and get the Asus Zenpad Z8. I messed around with it and found it to be quite fast with a nice 2k screen. Price is right at $249 and it has a Snapdragon 652 with 3 gb of RAM. I seriously doubt you'll find anything better. Go to bestbuy.com and read some reviews. Their listing claims it's $250 "with contract" but don't believe it. That's the price out the door whether you get data or not. The bright side is, if you do want data, this supports LTE.

Attached: Screenshot_20180715-222338.png (1536x2048, 733K)

Zenpads are pretty cool specs and price wise, but do they have support from the LOS community? I guess so since they're basically the last products to fill what once was the Nexus' domain. There's maybe some Samsung stuff but they've got worse specs for price.

said no one ever

Windows is trash and a dead platform, Pajeet

>What is Surface Pro
>What is Surface Go
Not Android tablets. Did you even read the OP?

It's short for "terveisin", which is Finnish for "regards"

I couldn't find anything specific to the 582KL on a cursory search but being Zenpad and snapdragon, I'd say root/custom recovery/ROM shouldn't be a problem.

*ahem*
support.apple.com/en-us/ht207521

Wrong on so many levels.

Yet you didn't refute one point. Really makes me think.

Why do Indians idolize Bill Gates so much? Did he change Indian tech that bad?

How's the Nexus 9? Or is it too old?

They don't sell well

Attached: Google-Pixel-C-8738.jpg (1920x1080, 243K)

I got an asus zenpad 3s

No need to spoonfeed retards like you. It's already common knowledge.

Nexus line is quite dead as of now

How is it?

>OP asks about Android tablets
>start talking about a windows device

Attached: B7429D53-CDD6-4440-95B1-8888E14ACC5C.gif (645x773, 9K)

I have one. Too old.

I'm using one right now. The main problem is too little memory for the platform. I like mine and don't plan to upgrade soon but any higher end modern Android tablet is better especially the Galaxy Tab S3 and Zenpad Z8s

What's common knowledge?

What would be a good tablet for reading manga/Android Auto?

Because no one buy expensive android tablet. Pretty much all manufacturer flagship tablet run Windows now

>monolithic keyboard layout that you cannot use while holding with two hands on both sides,

u wot m8

Attached: FE2D44FD-A9CD-4DA2-8BD3-964AB9FBF9BF.png (1536x2048, 1.26M)

>itoddler banned

Attached: 1501359693163.png (583x323, 130K)

The tab s4 is coming soon

I don't consider a touchscreen laptop without the keyboard part a "tablet" though. I even have one along with my iPad and Nexus 9. The Windows thing just doesn't compete with the other two for typical "stretched out in bed shit posting" duty. Windows just isn't as comfy and it doesn't have the plethora of touch based apps the others do. If you're poor, get a Windows tablet but when you grow up and find a job, get a real laptop and a real tablet. You'll thank me later,

Attached: IMG_0033.jpg (4032x3024, 1.82M)

Jow Forums being Jow Forums as usual.

>the iPad in the other hand its always super fast and reliable
This may be true, if you own a iPad Pro, and only for the next 1-2 years. Apple is notorious on deploying counter-friendly lags on their devices. All they know about improving the UX, they use them to annoy people as they cripple iOS devices. They target the simplest things to cripple, such as typing via keyboard.

just bought a huawei m5, hope it's not too bad

Fucking retards, the stock iPad keyboard has had split mode for years now. It also has proper side-by-side multitasking straight out of the box.

Pretty much this, they have to intentionally cripple them. I own the iPad 2018 and straight from the box it stutters like shit on Twitter, when it supposedly scores similarly to a dual core i5.

Who cares what they call it. It is sold without keyboard, and it is perfectly fine to use it without one. It is both a laptop with a detachable keyboard AND a tablet. It is a flexible device.

Surface Go is almost the same device that is merely smaller and lighter, yet it is known to be an iPad competitor.

Both Surface Pro and Go are more of a tablet than any iPad with their rigged pens with a button on its back and side, which are globally supported as text-writing input devices by the OS via the handwriting panel which you can try out even on your desktop with a mouse on Windows 10.

Really, give it a go if you are wondering how it works, and how nice it'd be to have on a tablet:
>On Windows 10
- Right click on the taskbar and enable "Show touch keyboard button",
- Hit on the touch keyboard button on taskbar,
- Change into the handwriting panel using the touch keyboard settings button on the top left of the touch keyboard.

I nowhere claim that it is any faster than typing on a keyboard. But even speaking out loud is slower than typing on a keyboard, yet we speak. We thrive and enjoy alternatives on communication, and handwriting is a well endorsed way of doing that.

It is supported OS-wide on Windows 10. Any text field you hit with a pen turns into a larger handwriting panel on the spot for you to write. Nothing like that is possible on the current iOS.

I'd say this has more to do with the creeping bloat and inefficient javascript that is common on the internet now

and slightly due to apple covertly limiting the cpu over time to make the device seem slower

lots of non apple tech feels slow after a few years now as well, standards are dropping

I shill it for that I sincerely believe it is the better alternative. I have been using SP4 for 2.5 years now, and the way Windows 10 evolved to support pen and touch is astonishing. Lack of handwriting recognition on 2018 on a tablet device should immediately deter anybody from even considering iPad, who seeks utility from their tablets.

Again, for anybody who's merely after the premium feel, just about any Apple device would satisfy them all good. However, they inarguably lack the utility offered by the current Windows 10 as a touch- and pen-friendly OS.

>thread about Apple vs Android tablets
>starts shilling Windows tablet
What did the SurfacePajeet mean by this?

>Right click on the taskbar and enable "Show touch keyboard button"
...right click without a mouse?

Most autistic shill of the year.
Learn subtlety.

>pathetic shill thread about lagPad
>starts to get mad when someone mentions a tablet with an open BIOS that allows the user to install a real OS

>still hasn't refuted OP's point
>gets mad when people call him out for going off topic to shill his PajeetPads

Attached: 1531367592702.jpg (560x386, 39K)

This.

Attached: 1512319666184.jpg (1944x2446, 807K)

>>perfectly adjustable side-by-side view on Windows 10
>You can do that as well on iPad.
No, you can only choose from 3 different split views: 25-75, 50-50, or 75-25. You cannot adjust panes to be as wide as you wish, the way you can do on Windows 10.

>The difference being that if you break the iPad's Smart Keyboard Cover, you buy a new one. If you break the Surface's kickstand, oh fucking well.
>an inexplicible retard drops his/her tablet
>kickstand/smartkeyboardcover breaks
>tablet is intact!?
This never happens. By bayesian probability, you most probably have broke your tablet, too, there. For an event that may happen 0.001% of the customers after 2 years of use, I suppose having an all-adjustable kickstand built-in to your device without additional bulk, is favorable to all, including you.

>You can also remove the tip of the Apple Pencil as well. Hell, an extra tip even comes out of the box.
That tip is no different than the original. There are no alternative tips for the iPad, just replacements. All sound atrociously loud as you make it touch the iPad screen with it. Congratz to Apple for including a replacement tip that is exactly the same as the original, but I prefer being able to choose from 3 other + 1 replacement tip offered by the Surface line for merely $20 (was $10 when I bought it afair), and I sure you also would if Apple were to offer such a goodness for even $50-100.

Attached: surfacepentips.jpg (1000x923, 181K)

I forgot the image for this one: Handwriting panel on a desktop Windows 10 using mouse. Of course it is much easier and sensible to do with a pen on screen. This is just to try and demonstrate.
>pic related

Attached: Screenshot (17).gif (1609x786, 181K)

>No, you can only choose from 3 different split views: 25-75, 50-50, or 75-25. You cannot adjust panes to be as wide as you wish, the way you can do on Windows 10.
In what situation is it absolutely imperative to have a 32/68 split view? This is nitpicky and unnecessary to mention. The functions are mostly the same.

>So you are braindead. As expected of a Microsoft shill.

The way Microsoft's built-in mail app integrates managing account onto app:
>pic related

Versus the convoluted fiddling through the settings the Apple guides you through on their website:
support.apple.com/en-us/HT201320

It simply is impossible for a reasonable man to attack against someone saying Microsoft's variant is superior. You are biased. Just admit Apple has things to improve, including this one, for the sake of user experience, instead of having to provide guidelines on their website for people to add additional mail accounts on their mobile-OS devices.

Attached: mailaccounts.jpg (1920x1050, 393K)

Jesus Christ, this thread isn't about Windows tablets.
Why do Surfacefags inject their holy grail into literally everything?

>Why are there no good Android tablets?
>"That's not true! Surface exists!"

>Hey Jow Forums, should I get the 10" iPad Pro or the 12"?
>"You should get a Surface Book.

>Help! I broke my ankle!
>"Wouldn't have happened if you had bought a Surface."

>big empty space between keys that unnecessarily blocks a huge chunk of the display without putting anything in it
Microsoft at work.

Attached: laughing pepe.jpg (400x386, 34K)

>But even speaking out loud is slower than typing on a keyboard, yet we speak.
There is no fucking way talking is slower than typing. Even if you're the world's fastest typist.

Yeah, yeah. You must be too poor to even give it a chance. I can understand that.

What I cannot understand is that how you can call a device with detachable keyboard that is mainly a laptop but is perfectly good as a tablet, a copy of ANY Apple product.

It is a device that set the bar high that Apple had to copy by enlarging their tablet line and enabling attachable keyboards on it. No surprises there, though, since half of the "innovations" they come up with are actually not theirs.

Surface line, and especially the Pro, makes iCucks envious. I have two obvious examples for it around me, and probably many others who aren't openly envious. I am very happy that I am not a person stuck with the worse for fanboyism, for that I have almost all the alternatives around me which I get to try almost on a daily basis. The only device family I did not try extensively is Android, and I don't think I am missing much there.

For the reference, I've got a MBA, my housemate has a 2017 MBP, my girlfriend has an iPad, iPhone. I had a Lumia 950 which I cracked the glass of out of anger, a SP4 and a desktop Windows 10. I think I have a pretty educated point-of-view here.

>OP implies Android is the only tablet-capable OS other than iOS
>why does this guy talk about another tablet-capable OS

Clearly, OP is not well-informed on the fact that Windows 10 is actually a tablet-capable OS with a dedicated tablet mode.

>Android tablets have shit hardware and software stopped progressing since 2012
>Surface is overpriced with a high failure rate
I'm afraid there's no other option

see