How does Jow Forums study coding in their boot camp?

How does Jow Forums study coding in their boot camp?

Attached: dd.png (1366x768, 1.8M)

>Implying I went to a bootcamp.

i once went to a 1 month vocational school to learn truck driving and I felt like a weenie, I can't imagine how much more of a weenie I would feel like if I was going to a vocational school for PROGRAMMING, something that requires NO special facilities or expensive hardware like trucking does.

THE BRAIN is the most expensive hardware of all...

i wasn't in a boot camp. writing notes does help myself. like in your picture. i cant learn more than 4hrs. do daily sports. eat healthy. dont use the computer to long.

a decent laptop costs you no more than $200 and you're all set
all your tools are free, all your documentation is free and you can't break anything if you segfault or crash your program
programming is the easiest field thing you can self-teach

prove me wrong

this picture makes me angry

also [spoiler]is anyone from 42 fremont here[/spoiler]

Spoiler doesn't work in every board

I hate it when that happens

Attached: 1500082900410.png (669x514, 25K)

How to be persistence?

I didn't go to a coding boot camp. They don't teach you backend programming, so it's basically a complete waste of money if you want anyone to take you seriously whatsoever.

>needing a bootcamp
just read a university's lecture note on a language and that's enough

you aren't wrong, you're correct. people who can't teach themselves programming are either not looking in the right places or are just stupid.

>boot camp
it's like you want to be unemployeed

[SHITTY BLOG-POST WARNING]
Bootcamps are for ranjeets and numales.
I'm almost a senior in uni, and am aware that what
I've been taught provides a foundation for learning
more specific topics in the future.
People that learn the basic, fundamental, and
theoretical aspects of cs—not just cs students, but
anyone receiving a respectable education, even
through their own means—can expand upon their
learnings however they desire afterwards.
Bootcamps are for those generally lacking the
knowledge that the stronger-edjucated cs students
have obtained.
Mediocre programmers who are okay at one
specific topic are churned out by bootcamps.
What I find worse, however, are bootcamps that
teach company grunts.
That is, such camps are often hyped up by
corporations, as higher-ups want a hip, new,
scrumdiddlyagiledailystandupopenworkspacetastic
framework or SAASS (service as a software
substitute) and part of their technology.
They'll send their code monkeys to "learn" at
bootcamps for the sake of trying to implement the
poorly-choosen new technology.
The "programmer" believes he is progressively
becoming more eminent, but he is just a tool for the
greedy coalition at the top (worry not, i am not a
marxist).
At the end of the day, it's the ranjeets and numales
who care not for the core concepts of their field.
Rather, they want the easy money, and acquire it by
performing the most menial, monotonous duties
which contribute nothing to society.
There's nothing wrong with wanting to do that; it's
not even immoral.
It is, however, why such people get along so
swimmingly with bootcamps, as they will be trained
for further days of feigned accomplishment.

I used to, first piscine ever

>paying to learn HTML, CSS, and Jquery

I use it as a sort of obvious parenthesis that sets it aside from my post's topic

>coding boot camp

Are you serious? Can't you guys learn to program by yourselves? You can't expect to be receiving a boot camp for everything you must know.

Fuck all these haters. I went to a bootcamp and the first job I got after graduating paid 130k. I find it funny that people still discount bootcamp grads when I have PhDs and people with years of industry experience at my company looking to me for system architecture opinions and advice. Everything they taught at my bootcamp is so cutting edge.

I can build a serverless crud React + Express + PSQL app totally load tested and scaling living on Docker + Kubernetes containers that call serverless functions for large computations. I get offers for top dollar because I can build entire applications end to end. I can't wait to get my onsite at Facebook cuz I'm looking forward to that fat $200k salary.

Entitled people like you who think that a piece of paper define their success as a programmer are sorely mistaken. In fact, in industry I've seen the exact opposite be the case. The CS Grads end up being the code monkeys because they're taught algorithms and JavaBeansTM and end up doing cuck tier data pruning shit. While the bootcamp grads are wholistic and understand how all the pieces of a companies tech stack play together, so they end up in leadership positions or as system architects.

And it's not like they're coming from nothing. At least 1/3 of my cohort mates had Ivy league + Berkeley + Stanford degrees. I've got a joint Physics and Math BA from a no name school. But I guarantee you that a bootcamp grad not only can use their CS skills more practically than CS grad, but that a bootcamper can also outskill you in algorithms / leetcode.

>Taking notes about language syntax when the syntax tells you what it does

You do know 200k is pretty low for the bay area? When I was a new grad my starting compensation was 230k.

Also to further add to my post You sound incredibly fake and retarded.
>I can build a serverless crud React + Express + PSQL app
And no company would ever run off such a stupid stack.

just teach yourself

42 Paris here.
(From what I've heard the Fremont campus isn't as good)

Attached: CS.png (694x801, 82K)

in this line of kode the kode will do something if it is true.
if (true) {
do something
}

Why the hell do you need to manually write things about anything related to programming?

Attached: IMG_20180716_023933.jpg (604x453, 33K)

You quite often have to code on paper if you're studying computer science in my country, I guess some students get used to it and treat it like a subject you just have to learn by rote.

Well, we had that as well, but nobody restricted me to bring the laptop. To be honest, writing pure C as an assignment in paper was the best decision professor made. Sadly my major was full of canonical normies who were insanely mad, so they paid me or just asked the professor for C grade, nobody cared.

So good that I switched majors.

Any two fucks can smash their bodies together and create a brain for free

>going to college to be a programmer
you are just as much of a normie

I went for math and stats.

and?

People really do CS and then try to get a job at enterprise development? Imagine being that stupid.

That is what SE and Systems Eng is for, CS is for research and AI, that's why you CS brainlets don't get hired, you are doing the wrong career.
Fucking normies.

ur gay

here read this

Attached: lolll.jpg (260x396, 20K)

Where would be a good place to teach myself about algorithms and data structures that is NOT the Princeton university class because I took that in real life and do not want to have war flashbacks

c o r m e n

was about to post this

Apostol

I heard leadership is just as incompetent at both campuses.

Is it server less with all that shit

What and? gtfo nigger

You don't need to at all. You need to use a text editor that doesn't have syntax highlighting or set your editor to plain text so that you rely on the shit you're trying and not colors and shapes. It'll teach you to focus purely on the text.

>Insecurity: The Post

“Coding” is for plebeian laymen, real aristocrats are programmers writing compiled languages.

As an accountant in Europe I'd instantly refine my programming skills and move to the USA if they offered me 200k desu.

Who goes to bootcamp...

they aren't free, people eat things and take up space.

Indeed, but it's not a hugbox in Paris.