Which one should I get ?

which one should I get ?

Attached: r7-2700x-i7-8700k.png (600x314, 193K)

Ryzen

Atom N270

Intel 8086

i3 8350k its 4core and best for gaming and can overclock to 5.5 on air way higher than a i7

This

Can't you just watch a video and apply it to your personal interests? Some highlights you might not get from a video though.
>8700k runs hot and also doesn't come with a stock cooler so you're going to add $80-$140 on to the price tag of the actual cpu in order to get a cooler. You might also add a $50 delidding fee on top of that to basically remove the thermal problem.
>The 2700x on the other hand comes with a very powerful stock cooler. You can expect to run about 3.95Ghz on most cores with the standard fan curve and the Ryzen automated overclocking thing. If you change the voltage and the fan curve the stock cooler can get it to about 4.1 Ghz on all cores. However the fan is pretty loud at that point and its probably not worth it. For normal usage you can actually just factor in that you're getting the best stock cooler ever released with a CPU and deal with a minor speed hit to save like $70.

Pentium 4 with hyperthreading

Also
>the 8700k performs better at 1080p, they perform extremely similar at 1440p and 4k where games aren't cpu bottlenecked.
>the 2700x performs better at streaming in all resolutions.
>The x470 motherboard has several years of support but this is kind of a moot point imo because I don't know anyone that actually upgrades their CPU's that frequently and doesn't replace the mobo when they upgrade. This may be a factor for you though so I'm listing it.
Honestly that's pretty much the main differences. I'd say if you want the most performant CPU today then the 8700k is more powerful for most tasks but you're paying a hefty fee for that increased performance. The 2700x hypothetically will be more future proof if games and standard apps start having more hyperthreading support. You're really gambling on the software at that point which no one can really predict. I personally made the same decision like 2 weeks ago after researching it pretty extensively and I decided on the 2700x because it saved me money and was an extremely comparable CPU. The 8700k is just too expensive when you include the cost of a good cooler and potential delidding. You're paying an extra $80-$200 dollars for a performance difference that doesn't even come close to reflecting that investment unless you're doing very specific workloads.

Make sure to check reviews specific to what applications you're using though as some programs favor intel/amd pretty heavily.

Zilog Z80

wait for Intel i9 9999K

Ryzen just to punish Intel for being an evil anti-competitive monopoly. Technically the 8700K is slightly better but Ryzen is so competitive right now so might as well support the underdog

Whichever you are a fanboy of.

Shut up fag. Good luck running new games on that garbage. Overwatch already uses 6 cores.

>totally not amd shills

>>The 2700x on the other hand comes with a very powerful stock cooler.
Worse than hyper 212 evo which is less than 30 bucks.
But of course lets not stop there, lets claim intel needs 80-140$ cooler.
While the AMD can run on the stock cooler just fine and draw out all it's potential.
In reality 8700k can run even on the shitty intel stock cooler, except it will be bottlenecked by the fan, but will still run far more GHz than ryzen.
Let's not mention that a hyper 212 evo could easily run the 8700k at it's stock settings and even OC it to some extent.
And of course "muh delid", unless you are going over 5GH you don't need it.

THE end point is that it comes down to what you are going to do with your cpu, if you plan to do productivity work then get the ryzen. If you plan to game 90+ % of the time then you are essentially throwing money away for more cores while having slower performance in all the games in current existence.

But shills will have you believe that you should buy ryzen no matter what
>just works just as good
>like 300$ cheaper than intel

Yes goy, buy our inferior product just to spit the competition, sure you are getting less performance but at least you a sold on some wishy-washy ideal and can act like a fanatic on forums with pride.

>8700k more powerful in most tasks
Fuck off retard

Anyone saying the 8700k is better is purely referring to 1080p high refresh rate gaymen
So do with that information what you want

The wraith prism is much better than stock Intel cooler. The wraith prism can do mild OCs well enough on the 2700x. The 2700x is also much better for things that are not gayming. It's probably going to be much better in the future considering new games use many more cores than before. There's only a small fps boost withe the 8700k rn at poor fag resolutions only.

>Buying Intel
>Trying to make the goyim think AMD is jewish

>The 2700x hypothetically will be more future proof if games and standard apps start having more hyperthreading support

Fuck off retard. Overwatch already uses 6 cores. Almost every professional software runs on multiple threads as well. Hyperthreading is just what shintel calls multithreading.

I would like to add that ryzen automatically ovdrclocks to 4.0 mhz when necessary so there really is no point to overlooking to max.

Intel for performance. AMD if you're poor and have to compromise.

>Gaming
8700K but you also need an expensive motherboard and cooler

>Anything productive or media related
2700X. It will also run games just as good. You'll get 110fps instead of 130.

Kikes or Poos

Take your pick

You’re lucky you can afford multiple houses to burn down

>paid by intel
Ftfy

>expensive motherboard and cooler

you forgot about delid

Attached: 1447161347847.jpg (1846x1923, 607K)

Your thread on /v/ wasn't enough?

If in a budget get Ryzen if not, get i7.

Yeah rich people spend $30 more on cpus instead of buying yachts and summer homes.

Rich people do both. Ultimately, AMD will always be the budget brand. That's fine, but their fanboys can't accept it for whatever reason.

no it doesn't it performs the same on a 2core task manager scores doesn't mean its using the cores just because it says 30% on every thing just means its the sound engine and post processing and if that was running on the main core it wouldn't even be 1% of load and not effect your FPS at all.

do some research most you need atm is 4core and that's just because some games are programmed bad not because they actually use 4cores.

I got a deal on an R7 1700 for $173 recently and jumped on it. I've since built my PC but I've been having regrets. Should I had spent $200~ more on the 8700k plus decent cooler? I game at 1080p still, but looking to upgrade to 4k within the year. Won't the difference be gone in that time?

You must flaunt the latest iPhone around thinking it makes up for a complete lack of long term assets.

You're either delusional or just uninformed if you don't think that most AAA games from the past couple of years use more than four threads. Even quad core i7s have pulled away massively from quad core i5s.

>wait for Intel i9 9999XYZE GOYRIPPER
Found the real name leak

Ffs even the valve engine uses more than 4 cores.

Depends on your main work load.
Most heavy stuff I do with my pc is gaming and there intel is still better.
If you do videoediting and want it done faster get ryzen
If you game and stream then ryzen.
But most people probably only need more fps in games so intel still the best choice

>In reality 8700k can run even on the shitty intel stock cooler, except it will be bottlenecked by the fan, but will still run far more GHz than ryzen.

i7-8700k doesn't come with a stock cooler. The non-k does, but it has been demonstrated repeatedly that the i7 will not turbo on it due to thermal limits.

>The x470 motherboard has several years of support but this is kind of a moot point imo because I don't know anyone that actually upgrades their CPU's that frequently and doesn't replace the mobo when they upgrade. This may be a factor for you though so I'm listing it.
This is because you're a lifelong Intel fag and don't know any better. AMD users can find a motherboard they like and stick with it for the life of the architecture.
>A new chipset each year keeps the goyim in fear!

yep
ryzen > i3 > other intel

>8700k runs hot and also doesn't come with a stock cooler so you're going to add $80-$140 on to the price tag of the actual cpu in order to get a cooler.

Lol who's spending 80 dollars on an air cooler. Hyper 212 Evo is like 30.

Attached: 1518907956646.gif (480x354, 3.6M)

If you are going for high end, 8700k, otherwise get a Ryzen.

I bought an 8700k and it works great. I use it for gaming and games like PUBG never take up more than %40.

If you are going to be running multithreaded workloads, go with AMD. If not, go with whichever. But the AM4 socket is more future proofed, so you won’t have to upgrade your motherboard again to upgrade your cpu in the future.

>Having an 8700k take up 40% on PUBG.

Good for you but holy fuck PUBG.

Attached: 1522139065339.jpg (640x480, 53K)

Why the fuck would you buy an 8700k and not even cool it properly?

The way the 8700k BTFOs the 2700X (or 2600X for that matter) is when it's OC'd to 5GHz, which you WILL NEED a $90+ cooler and delid for.

There's no point in getting it otherwise. The AM4 socket isn't dead, and the 2700X will do fine anyway.

you'll only see an improvement if you have a 1080TI, at 4k you'll be GPU bound period.

Fine, you smelly tranny. Get a Cooler Master MA620P which is two fucking Hyper 212s mushed together.

There, you've spent 55 dollars.

>PUBG Corporation: REEEEEE FORTNIGHT YOU TOOK OUR FRYING PANS

Do you only game? If yes, the the Jewtel.

If you do more than playing Fortnite at 240 fps, then go AMD.

Hey, you're the person who won the competition thing, right? You should still get the threadripper.

>tfw disabled the thermal limiters on ryzen and it auto overclocked to 4.3ghz
>performs better in multicore but somehow slightly worse in singlethread

Attached: [laughing stops].gif (640x360, 1.61M)

I literally bought a 2700x instead of a 8700k faggot. The 8700k objectively has more performance for a lot of games and I haven't seen a single benchmark that proves otherwise. It simply clocks higher and has six cores so you need an application that uses more than 6 cores to make up the difference. On the other hand the 2700x performs exceedingly well and isn't designed for benchmarking retards that insist on having THE BEST even if having THE BEST means rolling well on the silicon lottery, buying a massive cooling solution, and getting the chip delidded for that top of the line overclock. It's not worth it, the cost doesn't reflect the actual gain you get from getting jew'd by intels shit. The amount of things you need to change in order to get that performance gain makes it an objectively inferior product.

Attached: reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.png (1260x855, 1.53M)

>sealed package
Fuck off kike

Get the i7-8086K poorfag

I fucking hate Alola man

2700x blows the 8700k the fuck out in every aspect except gaming and burning down houses
So if you go for the 2700x you’ll only get 452 FPS at 720p instead of 475

>So if you go for the 2700x you’ll only get 452 FPS at 720p instead of 475
wtf dropped i am like a super duper cool csgo player

I'm waiting for my GPU.

Attached: build.png (1191x770, 2.01M)

>Ryshit

my condolences

Ryzen 2700X unless you live in Israel then support your local rabbi and get the 8700K.

Both Intel and AMD have offices in Israel. Most tech is at least partially developed there. Good luck avoiding supporting them.

I'm extremely confident in my decision. I'm going to run it at stock settings and enjoy that it's a massive improvement over my current CPU that will last me at least half a decade.

ryzen is sick

intel is only slightly better if you're running a game and nothing else

once you do anything else, like watch a stream on your second monitor, ryzen has higher average frames and higher 1%

jews

8700K's only strong point is if you exclusively game at your PC and if you do so at 1080p

For anything else, Ryzen is best overall.

/thread

>Both Intel and AMD have offices in Israe
False.

I'm never buying Intel again after i saw the tiny pathetic amount of dried paste when I delidded my 7700. Fucking jews.

this