Company is thinking of moving away from macs towards windows

>Company is thinking of moving away from macs towards windows.
>Company has already chosen onedrive over google apps

I-it's fucking over isn't it lads?

Attached: suicide2.jpg (834x769, 232K)

All of those things are bontet

time to become a neet

fpbp

>moving from one botnet into another botnet

what are the reasons for the switch?

All companies use botnet, but I'd rather have a proper *nix command line over Winblows any day!

It's his work, you mong. Anything they use will be "botnet".

Also moving from Mac to Windows is good- it sounds like your company is going to start actually doing real work so it needs an actual OS that does just that.

at my old job I installed a debian VM and did all my work through putty and sshing into the VM
i fucking hate windows

office online is the most bloated laggy piece of shit cloud service

Sounds like your company is finally redpilled, Macs are fucking trash.

Attached: 1517755489727.jpg (2000x1333, 311K)

>company is thinking of moving away from macs

it's ok OP, every company has to start being profitable sometime

Your company is starting to use actual serious enterprise hardware..?

My company did the same some years ago.
Feels great to have technicians from Dell come onsite to service our machines rather than wasting IT's time sending the new guy to the Apple Gaybar for every little fucking hardware problem.

Does anyone believe this
I don't

Windows is the lesser of two devils

>proper *nix command line
>osx
Just install SFU, it's about as proper.

Attached: no-value-1.jpg (180x365, 41K)

>lesser of two devils
>he doesn't know

read some history

Attached: 1523917497902.jpg (563x503, 21K)

My company started doing that after we got out of the startup phase. It's okay for a company to grow up and stop giving out toys.

Microsoft should have killed Apple when they had the opportunity.

Sounds like your company stopped being poor and can afford proper support.

Cygwin for windows 7
Linux Subsystem for Windows for Windows 10.

Imagine if MS just let Applel die instead of bailing them out. Flat out deny Office for Macs. Apple dies, DoJ splits up MS for having a complete monopoly. We're in the wrong timeline.

>onedrive

it not so bad, the interface needs more polish but it has some good features in it and cheaper then the alternatives.

It was probably cheaper for the company to just buy subscriptions for onedrive+office365 then to continue using gapps and whatever

Why don't company's use one of the Linux os?
I know servers with Linux software is popular.
Yes I will look it up but i want other's thoughs as well

>Why don't company's use one of the Linux os?

because then you need to retrain your staff to use Linux and you still need support either way

management don't like software that doesn't have a hotline you can call to fix everything

>why use the real thing when you can be inconvenienced to fuck by windows compatibility layers

My MBP 2013 is a god damn tank. This is pure memery

>why find solutions to problems when I can just whine and complain
>doesn't even realize that Linux Subsystem for Windows actually hooks into the windows kernal

I've compiled C programs in Linux and they run fine.

Company wants the office suite software downloadable for BYOD devices and account management through ADFS. Basically the two things google doesn't do well.

This, actual enterprise-class service buries Apple.

That's what I ask myself every time someone recommends Wine.

This and trying to find people that can retrain your entire workforce to use DESKTOP linux is impossible. Even if it were possible it would be insanely expensive.

This is what MS doesn't understand, and freetard linux distro devs don't understand either. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. Make a distro, make it work exactly like WinXP or Win7. You aren't going to convince any company to switch to Udindu by saying "you can save $50 on each Windows license if you make all your staff relearn everything they know about how to use a computer."

Thanks for the answers anons

Lenovo has a long history of servicing business needs.
What large OEM that sells B2B doesn't do this ?

Last I heard apple's business support is still very lacking

We can call up support and have someone out to fix our printers in an hour or two, does apple have that kind of support ? because that is level of support business want.

Not only that, but that hardware is actually serviceable too

>NOT EVEN CASE SENSITIVE
LOOLLOLOOL

This user get its.

Everyone needs Office 365 therefore they get Onedrive for free which they might as well use then.

>Also moving from Mac to Windows is good
dumb

It's one thing to make the argument that both are non-free and thus not worth using, but a unix-like OS is gonna be loads better than Windows, free or not. Mac OS comes with ssh, vim, emacs, etc. out of the box.

Do you have any say at your company? You should suggest alternatives. Your company could have a file server with nextcloud/syncthing/sshfs/sftp/nfs for sharing files between employees without putting them in the hands of someone else.

My company switched from gapps to one drive over 8 months ago.

Literally nobody uses Word online or Excel online. They are fucking garbage compared to Docs or Sheets, and now everyone just emails each other docs instead of uploading it online, or sends a google doc link out of their fucking personal gmail.

>but a unix-like OS is gonna be loads better than Windows, free or not.
For who ? you don't know their use cases.

You just have a raging hard on and don't know how to properly look at users needs and wants and suggesting something proper for them not for *you*

>Mac OS comes with ssh, vim, emacs, etc. out of the box
And who in the office world uses that stuff ?
Almost no one and for those specific people the business can support some unix-like OS if you want but there is no need to roll out hardware/software for people that won't use it.

If your going botnet, windows/OneDrive is actually pretty nice. Still don't recommend either though

They were already using Macs for a while before this, from what OP said. I don't think your arguments apply here.

>They are fucking garbage compared to Docs or Sheets,
Look at this goy,

Like or not, ms office is the gold standard for productivity suites.

>emailing google doc links
>not just saving your files to sharepoint or shared cloud storage instead

honestly, if your company does things the dumb way, don't blame office for that

Onedrive online through the browser is shit. But once your company is subscribed to 356 you can download the office software for free and sign into through them.

No professional, productivity software for linux. Whatever professional needs they have there's a windows program for it. And actual support.

>company uses macs
>company uses google services and apps for absolutely everything

Attached: ray.png (326x226, 140K)

There's Apache for Windows?

Yes actually, and nginx too.

Nobody actually deploys them on Windows because if you're paying for both Windows licence and support costs you might as well go balls deep into the MS ecosystem.

>unix-like OS
Useless meme for everyone but IT.

Also this. At the end of the day it's a business. Microsoft has dodgy software, but they've build an incredible support ecosystem for training support staff with their certification system and etc etc. Yes you can go full linux, but the money you save will then be lost in retraining all staff, having to retrain any new hires, and hiring linux support staff that will cost you just as much in the long run.

Serious enterprise hardware runs Linux, or at least UNIX of some kind, so no.

Umm... sweetie.

Attached: 1518110440660.png (1050x768, 102K)