pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for PC build guides for your socket
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses - e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy, you retard. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

Overclocking
>Use PBO on Ryzen. Legacy overclocking is defunct on Ryzen 2#00X CPUs. youtube.com/watch?v=FC3fsVk9Sss

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high-end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>Only Z300 series Intel boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>GPU prices have gone down
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings 1080p, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>Vega 56 or Vega 64 /w Freesync, 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p(4K)
>Titan V

Storage
>Consider StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous

Attached: 1495998124786.jpg (1600x720, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RGR3HvchhHE
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/TGtDxG
pcpartpicker.com/list/zhqkjy
kinguin.net/category/22175/windows-10-home-oem-key/
pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#m=229&sort=price&page=1&X=0,10000
ebay.ca/itm/G-SKILL-Ripjaws-V-Series-16GB-2-x-8GB-288-Pin-DDR4-SDRAM-DDR4-3200-PC4-25600/171961997258?hash=item2809bbd7ca:g:RvEAAOSwxX1Z0P4M
amazon.com/Inland-Professional-120GB-Internal-Solid/dp/B076XMH2JT/
amazon.com/Silicon-Power-120GB-Internal-SP120GBSS3S55S25AE/dp/B01M61OXRM/
ebay.com/itm/WINDOWS-10-Home-32-64BIT-LICENSE-KEY-ORIGINAL-CODE-OEM-SCRAP-PC/153087979695?epid=740847428&hash=item23a4c130af:g:f6EAAOSwX0xbPnL4&_sacat=0&_nkw=windows 10 home&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first

Attached: Folder.jpg (200x200, 51K)

>tfw i want to build a computer but my wagecuck job requires me to travel alot

just kill me bros, laptops gaming is hell

Attached: 1481102091777.jpg (1050x703, 277K)

I like anime feet!

based and redpilled

Attached: 98617_bolt thrower wallpaper.jpg (1920x1080, 1.2M)

Anyone?

it's an msi problem. return it, try again.

Attached: Folder.jpg (200x196, 11K)

youtube.com/watch?v=RGR3HvchhHE

Build a custom laptop using an embedded board and 3D printer.

You tried keyboard navigation, right?

Based Intel employee.

Yes and i tried an another keyboard. It seems like the interface is stuck

What board? Contact their board. Probably have to RMA it.

is it worth upgrading to the new ryzens from my 1600?
im pretty bottlenecked in some of my games as it is
i dont know why im asking here because it was Jow Forums who said a vega 64 and ryzen 1600 would be a-okay

Is it too early to ask for advice on my Threadripper 2 build? It's going in a trading rig so I need lots of charts going and when it's time for a buy it needs to be executed asap. Gonna go with 2990x and at least 2 nvme drives in raid 0. Not sure about the speed of RAM, what size PSU I need or the best one, also not sure if I should go with one of the Intel 3d xpoint drives since they seem to be the fastest nvme on the market. So, what do, Jow Forums? When I get it set up next month, I'll be sure to post it.

So there's a RX580 8 GB on sale right now and it goes for a tad less than what a 1060 3GB goes for. Do I go for it? Currently on a super shit 1050 2GB and it's killing me.

Also if not, what do I get for 1080p 144hz monitor? It does have freesync but I don't ever notice tearing or stuttering so don't see the point in getting an AMD card just for that unless it's good value as well...

Budget is around $5000 and all I need is motherboard, ram, cpu, cooling, PSU, and drives.

>im pretty bottlenecked in some of my games as it is
What is your RAM?

>i dont know why im asking here because it was Jow Forums who said a vega 64 and ryzen 1600 would be a-okay
In 1440p it should be. But whoever told you to get 64 instead of 56 maybe you waste money.

... RX580 8GB is generally better than a 1060 6GB let alone a 3GB, so duh?

It's easy to tell where TR2 is going to land. Though why do you need 32 instead of 16 cores?

Alright, thanks. I saw some benchmarks where the 1060 6GB beat it alot, and even the 3GB 1060 got it once or twice. Anyway, it's so fucking cheap I might as well. Will it handle 1080p at 144fps though?

i dont remember exactly
it's clocked at 3200 and on my motherboards qvl
yeah i play at 1440p

Is it worth while to upgrade from my nvidia 1070 GTX FTW3 to an AMD vega 64?

After I've had 2 different ryzen CPUs now, I'm so happy with them I'd love to have an AMD GPU, but if it's honestly just a waste of money I'll save my money.

32 cuz I'm trading bitcoin and part of the secret sauce is I'm on a ton of exchanges. Basically I have some patterns I like so I constantly scan all the exchanges looking for it, On my i7 2600x, the load is often between 20 and 30 so to get good headroom, I'm thinking 32 core TR2 is right on time. Also sadly, some of my scanners have to resort to scraping with selenium as the API for certain exchanges sucks and that in itself adds 1 to the load since it scrapes in a tight while loop. Believe me, I need the power. Also fast dtorage is a must as part of my workflow includes triggering a Python script that imports matplotlib. That library is pretty heavy and takes a noticeable amount of time to import completely dependent on i/o speed.

Attached: Screenshot_20180715-211521.png (1536x2048, 146K)

Sounds like a waste, yeah

>I saw some benchmarks where the 1060 6GB beat it alot
Older games, mostly.
And 1060 doesn't support Freesync and other shit.

>Will it handle 1080p at 144fps though?
Some games are locked to 60fps. It'll handle high framerates give or rate as well as the 1060 6Gb does.

It's not worth getting the 64 for gaming at all, for the most part. 56 is clock-for-clock the same performance.
Would only be worth it if you can get a good amount for your used 1070 and you are getting a Freesync monitor.

The fuck? A 2700X alone is over twice as powerful as an i7-2600k.
So a 16 core TR2 would be over 4x (more like 5x) more powerful.

Update your BIOS, for starters.
I got about a 40% performance increase in the cases that were the worst prior from updating BIOS and overclocking RAM from 2133 CL15 to 2800 CL16 on a 1600X. But your RAM is supposedly already fast. Are you sure it's running at the advertised speed?
You've presumably overclocked CPU to at least 3.85GHz too, right?

No, it will be a expensive sidegrade.

>some games are locked to 60fps
Mostly esport titles here desu. Fortnite and League.

rent a colocated server dumb fuck

Is MSI bad? I keep seeing them get iffy reviews and hear bad stuff about their warranty.

I wanna get a X470 gaming plus for my 2600x and I dont wanna get asus after getting burned by them in the past

So I currently have an i7 4770k and I'm planning on upgrading my 970 to a 1080, am I gonna get bottlenecked by my CPU ?

Fortnite is getting a Vulkan update soon. Beta for it seems to show that RX580 outperforms the 1060 with the update.
But it'll depend on settings, still. Most games run shit maxed while not looking better than at high.

I get around 85-100fps at 2560x1600 in R6 Siege on my RX580. At 1080p it's 144fps easy on high settings.

Don't think their warranty service is as bad as ASUS.
Their X470 boards all seem to be fine.
I wouldn't recommend their 300 series boards, though, as they had problems.

MSI X470 Gaming Pro.
also is it a problem if i ship with some screws missing and is the shipping cost on me?

They are hit or miss.

>The fuck? A 2700X alone is over twice as powerful as an i7-2600k.
>So a 16 core TR2 would be over 4x (more like 5x) more powerful.
Indeed. Thing is, I have plans to keep adding exchanges, also often I'll be contemplating doing something then I'll shelve it as too resource intensive. Suffice it to say, it'll give me room to grow for at least 3 or 4 years. When buying hardware in the past I've found it usually works out better to get the best or close to it rather than what works. You upgrade much less often and you're happier on day one. You also end up spending about the same amount in the long run. Don't want to start a big debate on subjective opinion though. Just want a badass trading box.
I have one. Several actually. Think about it. Have scanners running locally, have scanners running remotely near the exchange. Thing is, often times, I get the trade locally faster, sometimes I get it on the remote server first. It's unpredictable so I need the best of both worlds and quibbling over a couple of grand when you're making so much more is the real dumbfuck move. Furthermore, it's just easier to dev and spin up new ideas locally then deploy what works remotely.

my pc stutters everytime i load up my ssd by copying files to it.
this is intel's fault right?

Okay, thank you so much!

Thanks for the information.

At 1440p, you'll be fine.
At 1080p, it'll depend on the game and your OC, but when it bottlenecks it's not going to be by a whole lot.

Don't know why you're not getting a 1070Ti instead, though.

Go for it then, I guess. Should do doable well under $5000.
Consider having your database, if you use one, on Optane, though I think it only works if you use Storemi as well.

idk.
I got awful stutters like that with my i5-2500k on a HDD but I'd think it'd have been fine with an SSD.

Cool. Two questions though, which motherboard and what speed RAM? I'm a little out of the loop since I haven't upgraded since SandyVag

Is there a reason why I should pick a 1070ti over a 1080 ? They're usually about the same price where I live.

Are they really the same price? In the US, the 1070Ti tends to be 5-15% cheaper while it actually sometimes outperforms the 1080 due to the lower memory latency and they generally OC slightly better.

If you can get an actual GOOD MODEL of 1080 like an EVGA or Strix for the same price as a GOOD MODEL of 1070Ti, then sure nvm I guess. If you're talking about an Armor 1080 costing the same as the 1070Ti Gaming X, then fuck off.

X399m Taichi is the one I've been looking at, though I'm waiting for 7nm.
It has 3 full x4 m.2, iirc, which is one big reason for that. And because you don't need an ATX board to use all the lanes (it uses exactly 60 out of the 60, iirc)
All of them should at least support a 2990X at stock, and you shouldn't be overclocking in your case so that'll be fine.
But it depends what slots and such you'd actually need.

Just look at the features and get what you need, user.

>RAM
idk what your applications use. I'd assume that 2666 or so is fine. You're going to have more latency from the internet so 1 or 2 ns delay in memory isn't going to make much difference.
I'd assume you'd want ECC RAM more so than speed, which you might only find 2400 in.

Awesome. Thanks for the responses.

What people don't talk about is the poor Windows OGL performance of the 580. I had an 8GB for one day and in a couple hours emulators that I use and previously ran fine on my 1050 2GB were a stuttering low speed mess with no solution in sight.

Looking for YouTube videos supports this as you may see good performance, but all from before Dec 2017 nothing recent. I want to believe in AMD fine wine, but I'm not settling on a straight downgrade. I swapped for a 1060 6GB.

To round up some benchmark numbers since I only tried two games, Captain Spirit and FFXV, on the 580 being great and garbage (nvidia secret sauce) respectively, I have passmark scores:
>EVGA SSC2.0 1050 2GB: ~7100
>XFX RX 580 8GB: ~7000 (?????)
>GB AORUS Windforce 2 1060 6GB: ~10500
Granted all the tests were more DX focused, I don't know how the 580 shit the bed. I did fiddle with Wattman to keep temps down but that's a bit excessive.

tldr: 580 may be fine but in my use case my emulation experience was a downgrade from my 1050 2GB.

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/TGtDxG

Thinking of picking these up tomorrow to upgrade some parts on my gaming rig if newegg or amazon have any good deals. Should be good right? Or should I find a better fan than the wraithspire?

Also the 1060's 120W vs the 580's 180W TDP. Just "wew" without configuring anything like Wattman.

Just semi-stressing it for a couple hours in some games and it will not break 54C with its 3 fans, and I don't even have the front of my S340 case off for better airflow. Meanwhile the 580 was getting up to 70-75 which is expected but eh.

Attached: HWiNFO64_2018-07-15_22-34-00.png (604x571, 53K)

How are canadian tech prices?

OpenGL performance is fine in Doom.
Those emulators are just programmed shit, go figure.
>passmark
What the fuck? You're actually retarded.
>TDP

Shit.

do i need a 144hz+ monitor if the only game i play is csgo and i only play for 5-10hrs a fortnight?

i mean it'll be a major upgrade, NEED is a strong word.

Attached: Folder.jpg (200x200, 43K)

>Those emulators are just programmed shit, go figure.
Yeah that's why a better GPU can't outperform a lowly 1050.
>What the fuck? You're actually retarded.
They're the only numbers I had. What should I be using oh so superior one?
>TDP
A cool GPU is a happy GPU.

plz rate my what will be my first build. I was hoping for prime day deals tomorrow but i'm not holding my fucking breath on that. r8 h8 b8

pcpartpicker.com/list/zhqkjy

Attached: cancer.jpg (550x529, 50K)

gfx card is whack. Try to get something better. Atleast 1060 for 1080p gaming, if that's what you will be doing at all. If not, it's fine

prime deals suck desu. you won't get squat out of it.

Attached: Folder.jpg (200x200, 6K)

Can anyone recommend me decent RAM I can buy during the next ebay 20% sitewide sale? I have a 2700x with an x470 mobo. I'd like 16 GB DDR4 minimum. Thank you

just get the cheapest 2666mhz 2x8gb

>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal
^ from the OP??

>built my first gayman PC over a year ago
>built using a R5 1600 per Jow Forums and other's recommendations
>feel like a fell for a meme
I really wish I would have waited for Coffee Lake. Oh well I guess.

op is a faggot. don't listen to him.

Attached: Folder.jpg (200x200, 36K)

yes my monitor is 1080p. i appreciate your advice, thanks.

roger that. I really want to order tonight anyways so i probably won't waste my time waiting.

Yeah I assumed it was 1080p. But what games do you play/wanna play? In all honesty 1050 ti will do alright in most esports titles but I would encourage you to get 1060 which would handle any game at atleast playable settings with 60 fps

Same but reverse Intel housefire and AMD Ryzen

Fuck I just noticed you had W10 thrown in there. For all that is good in the world, get it from a reputable site that sells codes for way cheaper, like Kinguin
kinguin.net/category/22175/windows-10-home-oem-key/
You will save quite a bit on that and be able to buy a better graphics card. If you don't trust it to much, watch some videos online, it's all legit. I'm so glad I noticed that

What's the best ATX case under $100 that you would recommend?

Also if it all possible drop the wifi receiver and draw an ethernet cable to your pc. So much better

pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#m=229&sort=price&page=1&X=0,10000

Attached: Folder.jpg (200x200, 38K)

Is this a decent one?
ebay.ca/itm/G-SKILL-Ripjaws-V-Series-16GB-2-x-8GB-288-Pin-DDR4-SDRAM-DDR4-3200-PC4-25600/171961997258?hash=item2809bbd7ca:g:RvEAAOSwxX1Z0P4M

perfect

Attached: Folder.jpg (200x197, 8K)

hell yeah, thanks user. I've been running pirated windows on my laptop but something about having legit key would feel nice on a new rig.

off the top of my head i'd like to play gta5, doom, nier automata... probably some rpgs i've missed in the past few years too. Really though I'd be bummed to spend that money and not be remotely close to 60fps.. i'm looking at new gpu right now and i do have a budget, but will definitely save with that windows code

kinguin has them for like 30 bucks :3
i got one to replace my old pro key.

Attached: Folder.jpg (200x202, 13K)

Dumb question but can anyone recommend a good atx 470x mobo for my 2600x?
I'm not really sure what kind of features are most important

Do you really need an aftermarket cooler? That $38 is about 5% of your budget.

Yeah man, trust me that Kinguin thing is legit. I've had numerous mates use it and I remember seeing one of the legit Tech channels use one to see if it works and it did. Those 60 bucks or so save you and land you a 1060 if I'm not wrong. Godspeed mate, that will be good enough to do GTA at atleast medium-high at 60fps

i like the gigabyte aurus x470 but i'm a gigabyte shill.

Attached: Folder.jpg (200x200, 59K)

i don't know if you'e trolling me or not. i can't tell

yeah, my router is pretty far but maybe i'll buy a long-ass cable and just run it through my apartment. not looking to really play online too much anyways.

will i miss not having a sound card? didn't seem too important.

not a troll. that's a great kit.
get a usb dac like the schiit fulla 2 if you really need one. most any pcie sound card is gonna be placebo.

Attached: Folder.jpg (200x200, 15K)

You'll most likely be fine with the audio you get off your mobo or through your GPU, display permitting.

I bought the MSI X470 GAMING PLUS AM4 AMD X470 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

ASUS X470 Pro is on sale on Amazon currently.

Faster RAM.
Get the pro4 or something more decent for board.
For how much you're spending on the cooler, you could just get a fucking 2400G instead and hold off on the graphics card until later.
Don't get CXM. Get a BQ, TXM, M12ii, etc. CXM are shit.
You could get a better board with built in wifi instead of spending $40 on an adapter.
>$90 for retail windows

All in all, a pretty poor build.

How the fuck is samsungs ram so much better than the alternatives? Even shit binned 2133-2400 is often better than hynix and micron.

This isn't a new thing either. Samsung OEM DDR3 ram also punched way above their weight. I used to have a 1333 kit that easily OC'd to 2133 9-9-9-10 and cost 30 bucks.

Hell yeah, my dude

my first build so I don't know any better. I thought it was important. If not then I can happily ditch it.... 128 ssd is about same price, maybe ill just swap them

Asus bios's have been so shit in x470 generation. Bad memory support as well. Only crosshair doing okay at the moment.

Thanks friends. I wasn’t sure how many phases I should be looking for. I was looking at that msi one too so I’ll probably add that to my list

This is also worth considering. I would drop the OC for now and perhaps pick that up later when you have 30-40 bucks laying around. Right now you wanna put everything towards core parts like GPU, and 35 dollars plus the cheap windows lands you a significant upgrade. The stock cooler that comes with the CPU will be just fine for the default clock speed, which should handle all the games you mentioned perfectly fine.

fuck the sound card. If for some reason you really want one add that later. There's a reason even super high end builds drop that shit. But yeah a long ass cable is much better, especially if you don't have anyone but yourself to bother with it. The difference is too big, even for watching videos or general internet usage

1070 1070ti or 1080 for around the same price (negligible for me)?

was for

do you want to pay for a shit, good, or better, respectively, bin?

1080 duh
bruh the cooler meme has to stop lol

Attached: Folder.jpg (200x200, 8K)

Again, an SSD is a great addition but it's so easy to just shove one in later when you've got 40 dollars to spare. I would recommend putting it into GPU yet again. You could get the 1060 6GB with all these savings, which would be HUGE for you. Also if/when you get an ssd, all you need to do is disconnect the hard drive, download windows setup and all that to a usb drive, install the SSD and install windows on the ssd, then using the same code that you used earlier will just deactivate windows on your hdd. Then change boot order in bios (just google how) and you will be golden with a faster boot

Hey, quick question.

I have a Ryzen 1600 and a GTX 1060 6GB. When next gen cards release will I be able to put in a say 1180 and get super high framerates, or am I gimped because of my Ryzen?

Attached: 1529625544383.jpg (732x959, 56K)

Amazon has some 120GB SSDs for $25, can't be that bad.

amazon.com/Inland-Professional-120GB-Internal-Solid/dp/B076XMH2JT/
amazon.com/Silicon-Power-120GB-Internal-SP120GBSS3S55S25AE/dp/B01M61OXRM/

Pic related is from a review of the first link.

Attached: firefox_2018-07-15_23-20-49.png (461x421, 336K)

it's even easier to shove in an hdd later desu. skip reinstalling windows and have that performance on hand from day 1.
ryzen 1600 is fine, what performance are you expecting?

Attached: Folder.jpg (200x200, 31K)

Glorious EU enables reusing of windows licences. You can buy them from ebay for 5 bucks a piece.

ebay.com/itm/WINDOWS-10-Home-32-64BIT-LICENSE-KEY-ORIGINAL-CODE-OEM-SCRAP-PC/153087979695?epid=740847428&hash=item23a4c130af:g:f6EAAOSwX0xbPnL4&_sacat=0&_nkw=windows 10 home&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

>All in all, a pretty poor build.

Smart advices, thanks. I'm going to reevaluate.

Your fps will improve, that cpu is still good

True, but having only 128gb to work with is shit and a 250gb ssd might be too expensive. Also he will have to save every single pic, every single file on the ssd making cleaning and moving later tedious. But definetely doable both ways, you're right. Your method definetely works if the 40-50 dollars are likely to come by quickly and long before any storage issues fuck him

>what performance are you expecting?
144 fps and up in 1080p. I'm afraid that my CPU won't be able to deliver that, even with the highest end card.

Hahahahahah. Mate. It definetely will do that much.

Is the lower latency ram truly worth the extra $100? Or is it just one of those nice to have things?

Nice to have

it will. dw about it. if you really need a new chip, grab the next ryzen and slap it on your board, but i doubt it.
>what is organize by folder

Attached: Folder.jpg (200x200, 10K)

haha fucking awesome