Hooktube is kill

Press F to pay respects

Attached: RIPhooktube.png (788x348, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/FreeTubeApp/FreeTube
youtube.com/watch?v=8sBC8M_I4oo
youtube.com/watch?v=nFF8bubMc40'
hooktube.com/static/hooktube.js
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>thanking Jow Forums
didn't expect that

>thanks to the five people who donated anonymously,
lol

>youtube-dl is a thing
>5 retards actually gave money to that scammer
L M A O

>implying I give enough of a shit to open a link through clipboard ytdl + mpv half the time

any other hooktube alternatives?

>any other hooktube alternatives?
suicide

>there are people right now browsing Jow Forums who are unable to make a simple browser addon to automate simple tasks
AYY LMAO

F

>1,5
>not 1.5
good riddance

I still use it.
I use tonvid with a redirect script to hooktube. Works perfectly fine for me.

shit, I used it today
F

github.com/FreeTubeApp/FreeTube

Read the image retard. It is still functional as a site but it just embeds the videos like tonvid does. Which still generates clicks and ad revenue for YT.

Tried to watch Japan-only anime shit and it was blocked, so useless for me, good riddance.

I'd rather create a cloud instance in Tokyo.

Don't give a fuck. It's a lighter page without all that analytics and JS crap.

S to spit on grave

how about not watching shilling videos on an ad-company website at all?

Can't they just make another one and base it out of Russia or some shit?

They probably can, The Pirate Bay does shit like that all the time

This is the same shit, it just uses the api, no scraping or anything.
Funny that this started as a "desktop newpipe" project.

It's actually pretty fucking stupid that A TRACKER that doesn't necessarily host the files involved in piracy can actually be shut down. By that retarded logic, why don't they go after BT clients and such?

the whole point of hooktube was the same as archive.is, to link a video without giving free clicks to the uploader.

Why not just make a front-end for streaming youtube-dl files?

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 6K)

this

F

Attached: 1523334191860.png (736x527, 40K)

Who cares if a video gets a click?I don't see how it matters.

It was a good way to utilize the immense content YT has while also sticking it to the botnet.

and host them?

What the other guy said. You have $5 mill to spare?

That's why you make it distributed
It would be incredibly bad for youtube if they became the next RIAA

Good riddance. Hope some Jow Forums retads kill themselves because of this.

I bet it was a russian operation to undermine the googliarchy as proxy war on american democracy. Good riddance white cis scum.

Attached: me.jpg (768x1024, 154K)

You don't have to host shit, nigger. Youtube does that already.
Just stream the fucking things like he did before but using youtube-dl.

That's what hooktube did, doublenigger

Uhh, no.
Hooktube is dead, but guess what, youtube-dl works fine.

S

Fuck off and die

Any good Hooktube replacements for mobile?

Newpipe?

t.millennial

it's on you then you lazy fucker

I should probably have specified I'm using an iPad.

neck yourself and all your problems will be solved

vanced

I'm sorry, I can't hear you. Can you take that dick out your mouth?

Why bother with writing an addon when emacs can do it?

for anyone using youtube-dl isn't this better right now because with browsing youtube.com if you disable js it literally breaks everything and you can't browse shit? if you disable the tracking on hooktube however you can search videos and shit, you just cannot view the videos themselves, which is where youtube-dl comes in. unless you could've browsed videos on youtube-dl in the first place which i'm 100% sure doesn't work.

t. brainlet

So what happened, google come knocking on their door with free rock cds and beer?

>downloading shit that's been long known to fucking scan your files and attempt to access any local servers connected to your computer every 10 minutes even if you aren't using it
yeah no i using no spybot shit

A noose is a perfect alternative for all things mobile

>Do literally anything
>only get pic related
Also
>Only works on base firefox/chrome and no forks
Whoever made this is a fucking retard, what's the point of making a browser extension to dodge the botnet if it only works on botnet browsers?

Attached: RtM8Gwr.png (414x69, 3K)

mpv www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxxxx
mplayer $(youtube-dl -f best -g www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxxxx)

Attached: 2018-07-16-144256_1920x1080_scrot.png (828x192, 83K)

sudo apt-get install mpv && mpv youtube.com/watch?v=8sBC8M_I4oo
for you dum dum lurkers

>embedding in a code block
jesus christ, Jow Forums is shit

use smtube. sucks that it can't play playlists though

Why not just develop it into an addon/script if you care so much then you fucking hook nosed kike?

let's see if this works
mpv 'youtube.com/watch?v=nFF8bubMc40'
literally Jow Forums at 1:50

>hooktube is kill
>can no longer evade Apple and their forced "no youtube audio in separate tabs" bullshit
>can no longer listen to good music while taking a shit without having to resort to downloading files and running them through VLC
Thank you Apple and thank you YouTube for being such scummy fucking nigger cunts. Why even allow people to upload "copyrighted music" to your site in the first place, when all you're going to do is force people to buy YouTube RedRocket so you can lock people out of a free feature.

Life exists outside of America, you know

dayum shame for the video BUT it's still fucking superior to that trainwreck what jewtube is.

*spits*
Junk.

bold claim

Do you mean using youtube-dl client side to stream videos from youtube in your browser?

hooktube.com/static/hooktube.js

it's still there. Maybe a JS wizard can make up an userscript fix for it?

TubiFun is a thing

>apple
There's your problem

[citation needed]

What's wrong with just using tor with several privacy addons?
Why do you fags have to always choose the hardest brute-force route?

Shh. Don't give them ideas.

use Vimperator or other extensions to extract the target URL faggot
you can execute commands from your browser.

>apple
>music via youtube
Phoneposters, everybody.

>without all that analytics and JS crap.
You truly didn't read the image, did you?

Actually just normies, no matter the device

>6.000.000 Jews died in the Holocaust

>Can't spell
>Calls anyone else retarded
I know this is bait though

Attached: 1515378384758.jpg (800x1095, 58K)

>Jow Forums is shit
This has been a known issue for a long time

>mplayer $(youtube-dl -f best -g www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxxxx)
So this pipes it to mplayer just like how it does for mpv? Will this work for any other video player?

It FINALLY has video descriptions, jesus fuck they fixed hooktube not destroyed it. Not to mention that the interface is better now and embedding from YouTube is less prone to lags and errors. The only thing they now need is comment responses and keeping their own cookies for the default playback speed and they're golden.

>It FINALLY has video descriptions
That's because it's just an embedded video. No different than watching it directly on youtube.

Good

No, yes.

all this;
$(youtube-dl -f best -g www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxxxx)
does is substitute in the url to the actual video stream, so anything that accepts an http url will work with it, be it mpv, mplayer, vlc, or wget
there is a caveat to this though, in that youtube only provides streams with both video and audio in them up to 720p30, anything higher has video and audio as separate streams, so for those you'd need to be able to hand two url's to a potential player

Seems like JewTube sent a lot of their shills into this thread.

no search + embedded player means it's completely pointless, there's no reason to use it at all
if you have to find things by using youtube.com, then you might as well open videos in mpv from there

>no search
They have search again now

oh nice, how though? do they scrape, or did they reach an agreement with youtube for a new api key just without the proxied player?

Seems to work the same as the one they had before.

Can't this guy just host it on another server like cock.li vps or something else where copyright cucks won't get him?

I don't think it matters because youtube will just block them when they eventually get discovered.

Wasn't swack supposed to release the source code if a day would come he could no longer run it? I think it was mentioned somewhere where there was a mentioned that running hooktube only cost like a buying sixpack once a month?

>I want free content without paying anyone anything

Your the one whose retarded

>Apple
deserved

Youtube-dl still registers viewcount.

Fuck

at the end of the day, downloading through youtube-dl is still functionally identical to visiting youtube and watching the video normally
the only way to avoid adding views is to download the video from somewhere else

Lol shut up retard

>censors loli from searches
>a-am I cool now r-reddit????

good riddance to bad rubbish

I'm sure hooktube would have lasted 1.5 years if it allowed pedos to use it for cp, fuck you pedo

explain this meme

by the way, i'm looking for a better way for discovering videos, new ones, popular, ones that are actually trending and relevant
youtube's trending page is too slow and too much of a forced piece of shit
is there anything like a third party indexer or maybe there's some search magic that could be done
youtube is really shit when you want to find something cool, be it videos or channels