/hpg/ - Headphone General

AKG master race edition. Sennshills btfo.

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone Guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread: →

Attached: D27.jpg (1500x844, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

indiegogo.com/projects/gt-r-planar-magnetic-headphones-design#/
thxstandard.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: teehee.png (1378x652, 3.43M)

What's a cheap and decent portable source?

Attached: 1395632484268.gif (360x240, 282K)

Shanling m0

Attached: 1348081488709.jpg (640x480, 46K)

How long does audiocubes takes to ship a package?
i ordered STAX from them 2 weeks ago and still haven't received a shipping notification

WILLIAM THE SON OF SCHIIT SHILL HAS BEEN CURSED

BUY SCHIIT

Attached: 1531602999943[1].jpg (613x595, 352K)

>8 years late release of chink ipod shuffle 6 copy
lol

leave the poor kid alone

Balanced measurements out
Jotunheim is still shit

Attached: Schiit Jotenheim DAC vs Topping DX7s balanced and unbalanced 50 ohm measurement.png (891x634, 76K)

So is something like a smartwatch a good way to have music controls without having to get my phone out of my pocket?

Nice photos loser, did you take them yourself haha

That's not a photo silly.

Attached: Lictylick.jpg (1920x1080, 771K)

>Singular
The photos of your headphones you silly goose lol

>Budget
$250
>Location
US
>Source
Fiio E17 - LG V30
>Type of headphone
Full
>Open or closed
Open
>Sound signature
Mid>=Bass>>>>Treble
>Past headphones
RE-262, HD598 (Didnt like these).

Want to try planar so tring to decide betwee he400i, 400s, or 4xx. Thanks

I am going to make everybody around their family know that his father is a pedophile and that the boy is his victim.

Haha what a dweeb

Balanced is Best, if you can

Attached: DJI_0903.jpg (4000x3000, 1.21M)

no

Attached: 1531617485700.png (838x272, 51K)

If you've got patience, these should be right up your alley: indiegogo.com/projects/gt-r-planar-magnetic-headphones-design#/

Attached: 1528507517933.jpg (716x620, 257K)

Are the sony MDR1A's light and comfy while still sounding great?

get takstar pro 82 for one fifth of the price

Dumdum can't even respond anymore haha
What a loser lol

Imagine posting your imaginary wife every chance you get to post on a new thread lol
How loser is that am I right haha

report spam

You mean, report a legitimate suggestion? He asked for open, mid-forward planars under $250 that can be driven modestly easy. If that's fucking spam, then he can just get some 4XX and be happy. Sorry I didn't mindlessly suggest Stax instead of shitphones, you autist.

Attached: 1510212148378.jpg (1024x576, 38K)

fuck off shill

Anyone here have the Earstudio ES100?

How is it?

Attached: 81k9wqcyQtL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x879, 85K)

Best Sounding thing I've heard all evening.

Attached: DSC00696.jpg (5184x3888, 3.49M)

Wrong - modern amplifiers don't care

Attached: 20170629_111121.jpg (4032x3024, 666K)

Attached: 20160628_123034.jpg (2988x5312, 511K)

Attached: DSC01327.jpg (3888x5184, 951K)

Denon AH-D2000. I'm just a filthy casual but i love them. Been enjoying them for years.

Attached: 668856f647bf7c50b67618bc5c234d58-1200-80.jpg (800x600, 30K)

Attached: DSC00641.jpg (5184x3888, 670K)

It's great

I want to lick her feet!!!

Attached: IMG_20180716_242914270.jpg (1248x702, 493K)

Is Schiit Yggdrasil worth it?

Yes it's the best DAC ever. All major recording lables use them in their studios.

Just realized I posted in the old thread while reading both.
>Budget: $250-350
>Location: LEAF
>Source: PC
>Type of headphone: On-ear
>Open or closed: Closed
>Comfort level: Not that important, I've dealt with shitty broken headphones that eat my ears for hours at a time
>Sound signature: Most well rounded one? Mostly for Music and Vidya
>Past headphones: Astro A40 MEMES, never buying anything "gaming" again.

Help appreciated.

sure buddy, just remember to preheat it before using it, 15min in the oven at 250° should do it, add some olive oil to get that smooth fluidity in your audio, some pepper for those spicy highs, onions for the emotional mids and a lot of parmesan cheese for that rich THIIC bass
enjoy!

Attached: preheatedschiit.jpg (873x1164, 224K)

1more triple driver (not)over-ear

Friendly reminder dr.Olive is right and all headphones suck.
the only headphones worth buying are hd600 and stax.

This guy here
Are the hd600s worth the extra money?

>Not driver matched
Fucking degenerate

Do it for William

They're overpriced in Canada, over-ear, and open
>t. Leaf

>Are the hd600s worth the extra money?
not for gaming, they're also open
dt770 and 990 are better for just gaming
dt880 and hd6xx/58x are better all rounders

yeah, but for gaming they feel too close at first, later you realize they are the best at gaming imaging(positioning of sounds in game)
I tried wide soundstage headphones for gaming, they can't compare and sound unnatural
they are very open though, finding closed decent headphones is a nightmare you either buy something under $150 or go straight to $600+ no middle ground like with open

>dt770 and 990 are better for just gaming
V shape is shit for anything outside multiplayer shooters. and even there I can tell the distance in steps to the person running behind the wall with 600s

>Just give your ears a month to adjust goy

I know I mentioned gaming but honestly I'd probably rather have headphones that just sound the best for music or in general. Like the other user said I'm not sure if it's worth it to go straight to something like $600 or just get something cheaper. I have sensitive ears and can tell the differences in quality, but admittedly I'm also a newfag here and don't know what half of the stuff mentioned is referring to. So do you think it's better for a newfag who wants something out of the box sounding great to spend the extra money, or just be pleasantly suprised with something cheaper like the 1more triple driver mentioned, which was more my price range. I've been screwed over time and time again with the whole "buy cheap, buy twice" thing but I'm also not rolling in cash.

I have 60 dollar Monster headphones from Walmart. The audio is very clear in all ranges and the bass is very good. I just need a good sound card for my computer to really drive them now. My laptop is old but has a kick ass sound card and drives them very well.

Attached: s h p .png (1081x1019, 123K)

>The audio is very clear in all ranges and the bass is very good.
you do not need sound card.

do you own an amplifier?
if you do get the hd6xx or dt880 600ohm
if not get the hd58x

for closed
the 1more triple driver if you have an amp or the ath-ws1100is if not

Then why does my laptop drive the headphones to much higher volumes then my desktop? Is it not a more powerful card making the difference? I don't understand.

what are you asking? that disgusting 2-4khz drop is still there.
that's by the way how they create fake soundstage effect.

fiio e10k

So, what is the truth? or there is two hidden product variation?

hd579
it's open but fits what you need, and cheap enough
perfect all rounder

I don't own one, can you recommend me one as well? And one more thing, in the pastebin it recommends the Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x for:
>Great soundstage
>Great gaming choice
>Comfortable
>Good w/ female vocal heavy tracks
>Good w/ classical and acoustic music
>Amp not needed

which sounds pretty nice, minus the bass. Is it outdated? Any recommendation for it?

>On-ear

>SHP9500S HiFi Precision Stereo
yeah, they are around $200 though, not sure if worth it

Make way for the most neutral headphones on the planet (also driver matched)

do you know what scaling, smoothing and compensation curve mean?

Attached: 9500.png (782x526, 44K)

Well, quite frankly, none.

Attached: SRH1840-large.jpg (618x750, 38K)

>Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x
haven't heard them
i would recommend the FiiO E10K amp and either the dt880 or 1MOREs

ahahahahhahaha wtf

Attached: 1840.png (857x464, 54K)

but still, the drop is obvious.

Attached: Stillhavethem.png (639x338, 175K)

>the dt880
I had dt1990, they are not comfy at all. And make ringing in your ears, beyers suck.

based

There a price paid for the most neutral headphones on the planet. Luckily, one that isn't necessarily audible :^)

>t. baby ears
Sure thing, Argon user
Prove you owned them

Alright thanks, you guys have been kind and helpful. So is there anything else I need to have everything working, if I buy the FiiO amp and the 1MORE? Like other cables?

Attached: 1484464127039.jpg (768x1024, 77K)

can you answer this?

yes it's obvious that these two graphs look very similar, almost indentical

Attached: 95001.png (782x526, 45K)

Thanks

Attached: mpv-shot0005.jpg (1280x720, 468K)

>Argon user
nah, i'm not smug enough to be like that guy
you can't argue that philips and sennheiser make the comfiest headphones. it's just the fact.

no.

Just email them and ask. Mine took longer then the 2 weeks it says in the F&Qs. Mine took about 19 days to start shipping to me.

Attached: Illegal Site.png (477x415, 247K)

O-ok

thanks!

All memes aside, how good the Staxes are with soundstage and imaging? I’m thinking of upgrading from my HD600’s, and I want something that’s good for everything: music will be the main concern by a huge margin, but I know that I will use them with games etc. also, so it would be nice if my choice had a nice soundstage too.

I’ve been thinking about LCD2 Classic (cheapest option, nice and controlled bass, but is it detailed enough?), Focal Clear (very well balanced headphone that doesn’t seem to have any explicit weaknesses, but 1500 euros for a dynamic driver is fucktons of money and the soundstage is apparently small-ish) and Stax L300LE with SRM-252S (expensive, but would be interesting to try estats and their ”effortless” sound that impressed me when I tried them some time ago, ultra transparent but could use some more impact).

Jap customs had them for a while (so It took about a week to get tracking working) and UK jews was rubbing their hands together thinking of the import tax for a while.

Attached: zload.png (202x250, 5K)

For the speakerfags here, are Logitech meme 2.1 speakers really that much worse than bookshelves? Or is this another stupid meme

you can compare good speakers (monitors, which are better than ordinary bookshelf garbage) with some 2.1 systems here
thxstandard.com/

Logitech set gives you 90% of the sound of the world’s best speakers, as per the Jow Forumseneral rule of electronics and price: something costing 50 dollars will give you 90% of the performance of the best performer, something costing 100-150 dollars gives 95%, something costing 1000 dollars gives you 99%.

Enjoy getting scammed.

That site has been around for a long time. Must be a very good scam site.

Can anyone tell me if there is anything better and CHEAPER than Blue Yeti USB mics or are there only better?

>almost

Attached: aa.png (937x1088, 170K)

Snow ball mic

Stax wins in the technical sense, but Clear is probably the best if you’re worried about lack of impact, it’s a phenomenally flexible headphone for everything. LCD2C is fun, but doesn’t really hold a candle technically when compared against those two others.

>still does not understand that graphs use different scale
truly a degenerate

>Focal Clear (very well balanced headphone that doesn’t seem to have any explicit weaknesses
don't they image like shit? like there is no center or back, or is it other focals?
>LCD2 Classic
after 600s? you will want to hang yourself with how recessed highs and specially mids are

stax image godly, that's their gimmick, no clue how they image in gaming, people
recommended them for end game gaming headphones more than once though
are you sure you want bigger soundstage? it will sound very bad after 600s, unnatural and fake
soundstage is a drop in midrange fq, it's fake trick that makes closer things sound further away than they actually are

I tried upgrading from 600s to wider and "better" neutral headphones, I returned them, they sounded too much like 600s, there was no point(dt1990), at this point i'm only interested in stax but I have now ay to listen to them first.

Attached: 1516747304936.jpg (600x462, 29K)

it is matched.