I IPS worth losing for 144hz...

I IPS worth losing for 144hz ? I play vidya but really enjoy watching videos on my pc so i don't really know which i should sacrifice. and no i can't get a 1440p/144hz IPS panel because they are way too expensive for me.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (2560x1440, 270K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9H56YB2304&ignorebbr=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I IPS worth losing for 144hz ?
Is IPS worth losing for 144hz ?

bad typo sorry

TN looks like shit. I'd go with IPS as long as the visual quality is 1080p or higher

Go with CRT

NO.

I would say so.

I have been pretty disappointed with my 1440p@144Mhz TN screen at home compared to the 1440p@60 IPS at work.

The colours and viewing angles make a difference.

>TN
>IPS
>being ignorant of the VA pill

What are some good VA monitors

>What is input lag
Would be a good choice if the few good CRT monitors didn't operate at a tempeture hot enough to vaporize the table they will be sitting on, nor costed a gorillion dollars.
TN can look good, but it will cost you a lot. TN is often better than IPS panels, especially if they are curved. The upside of IPS is only from the mid to high-end.
Overall as long you are not getting a meme TN panel with meme colors,brightness and contrast AND it has decent viewing angles, you should be good. But if you want a 144 hz panel that is also 4K, IPS is the way. Since you are going with 144 Hz, I assume you are a gayman or you code, so maybe HDR and really high resolutions might be wasted (unless you are not planning to go with a multi monitor setup as well for the latter).

i got the acer GN276HL its a TN but at great gaming for 1080 and at 144hz

I personally go 1440p/144hz TN for gaymen then a 1080p/60hz IPS for videos

VA is shit desu senpai. Doesn’t have IPS color accuracy or the speed of TN. Jack of all traits, master of none

>Jack of all traits, master of none
The actual quote is "jack of all trades master of one"
-Ben Franklin

I wouldn't imagine giving up either of them
so no, you need both

get Samsung quantum dot son

Get a job and stop being poor

horrendous QC issues on CHG70 and similar models
also
>curve

chg70 is 1440p144hz which he cannot afford.

the 1080p models don't have as much qc issues.. also qc issue happen on every display except Eizo maybe

I've heard about the exact same stuff on CFG monitors too
I'll give you that about eizo, but you do have varying degrees depending on the specific panel and samsung's VA has been particularly affected

yeah i'd say just give it a try, the monitor aren't too bad and you won't notice much when watching moving content anyway. pixel errors are the worst for me but i can happily live with clouding

in fact, the compromise of having maybe some va glimmering compared to the quantum dot colors is something to give up for in this price range imo

>newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9H56YB2304&ignorebbr=1
>165hz
>va panel
>1080p
>seems inexpensive for what it is
is it worth it? don't care about the gaymen aesthetics

Ips 144hz is the way to go. Although ips has synch range issues (30-90hz or 60-144hz only)

>Mhz
wew

Man imagine how smooth it would be. Only the desktop and csgo could utilise it

Acer XF270HUA

this is very easy to address with Custom Resolution Utility

it'd be so smooth I'd probably die right there

There aren't any good 144hz monitors out right now, it's a fucking panel lottery and it's a joke, just check the reviews of the best selling high end monitors, half of the reviews are negative on ALL brands.

P L A S M A

Really? Why wouldn't they set it by default then?

Monitor qc in general is pretty shocking. Even top end cam monitors look shit a lot of the time

it depends on the hardware that's built in the monitor
factory settings have to be conservative and this has to be considered overclocking

Affordable monitors with high DPI, high contrast ratio, high refresh rate, wide viewing angles, accurate colors, and low response time

W H E N ?

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display.

not 4K, not >120 Hz and probably not low response time either

VA has good input lag and the best contrast and black depth compared to TN and IPS, it only lacks viewing angles slightly but not as bad as TN, it's the superior technology until OLED fixes input lag or mini-led comes out

A correctly calibrated TN monitor is on par with most IPS monitors. You have to spend a lot of money to even notice a difference.

I don't know if you have seen a high refresh monitor first hand, I recommend you do. The effects might be noticeable but I would still keep my 4k IPS monitor over a 144hz 1080p one. Refresh rate is useful under a very particular set of circumstances (having an AMD or NVIDIA card depending on the technology of the monitor, playing games that benefit from that high refresh rate etc)

To be honest, I had limited experience with a high refresh monitor, but the advantages it might have are completely lost when you compare tn to IPS and when you compare a 1080p monitor with a 4k one. And don't pay attention to people that say that to run anything over 1080p you need crazy gpu's. I play at 1440p with a gtx 1060 6gb, just a bit of tweaking of the settings required. Whenver I play at 1080p is tremendously noticeable.

Go 4k IPS, return it if it seems insufficient.

>144hz

Just get 120Hz.

You're retarded as well, cause the full saying is "Jack of all trades, master of none. Still better than a master of one."

>no VA masterrace as choice
The MSI Optix is an okay choice

Lurk moar

>Is IPS worth losing for 144hz ?
yes. 144Hz is better than any IPS panel

All fast "IPS" are some variation of VA usally AHVA like the Acer xf270hua which I have and is pretty good. If youre a burger get the new pixio px277 nigger

Attached: 1457041666279.jpg (240x240, 6K)

Refresh rate is a fucking meme. There is no point to go past the 100Hz mark, many people can't even tell the difference between that and 60Hz. If you think you can tell the difference between 100/120/144Hz you're lying to yourself and buying into manufacturers' bullshit like a sap.

anything beyond 120hz is probably true to me
60hz does feel jerky

extremely tired
that post was about 120hz+ being the point where I start agreeing with you

This
What do you need 80hz for? 60 is plenty fine. 50 is more than enough for the average consumer

>32" 1080p
retard

A low hz IPS will still look better.

144/165hz is way more common and often cheaper than 100/120hz

Attached: soyboy.png (644x800, 15K)

Many of those don't actually run at 144/165hz, those are overclock frequencies.

A business bought a 1440p monitor? What do you do?

Blacks on VA are inky black. It really helps image quality I find.

>freesync
No thanks Jimmy

why do you care so much for input lag or you just like overpaying for monitors?

I prefer superior adaptive sync performance.

fine then get the gsync variant of the acer buckaroo

I have both and 144hz is an amazing experience I will never be able to live without again. Although the colours on an IPS panel are better, I think 144hz is the better option if you have a video card that can handle the vidya at over 144fps. Of course you can get a second or third monitor later on.

Also, if you have a Nvidia card G-sync will be buttery smooth but it's expensive as shit