How do we solve the micro USB problem?

How do we solve the micro USB problem?

Attached: B136CB3343CCCFCD2699D2C99E8303D2CB662EC8C7D29D632623D231CACF2693CA9CCB139433CA9D569CF68F86A6F5C8.jpg (600x600, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=thXcTv3DY-A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We don't. It's literally perfect.

what problem is that

Make the connector round so you can insert it any way

With USB-C

Usb c

Either Micro-Usb 3.0 it's wider and have better latches or go back to mini USB, was perfect with cable still functioning after 10 years

They're pieces of shit that always break or get dirty and they're so tiny it's nigh impossible to clean or repair them.

I know USB C fixes the orientation problem but is it any better in terms of durability? It seems just as tiny and delicate as micro.

I wish my devices just had nice thicc USB A ports.

Use USB Type B.

Attached: USB-2-Type-A-to-Type-B-Cable.jpg (1620x1080, 226K)

You make it reversable and you get over the fragile hermaphrodite design.
Say what you want about apple, it's a good fucking connector.

Attached: lightning.jpg (1200x800, 468K)

So Apple likes connectors that are reversible, hmm? What didn't they like about 3.5mm jacks?

Don't act like I'm some kind of spokesman. I don't know why they did that and it was retarded IMO.
But they did this connector right. It's everything type C should've been. Beyond it being reversible it has the right pin design. You can't break them in normal use. Nothing gets stuck in it because it has no interior accessible from the outside.

maybe start caring for things you own. I have never bent or snapped any of my cables plugs

It's not the orientation problem I care about, it's the fragility of the tiny cables and ports.

It's ridiculous that devices costing hundreds of dollars turn into bricks because their tiny piece of shit charging ports get worn out by regular use.
Also it seems like almost no devices have any sort of covers to protect the ports from dust/etc.

I take very good care of my things and have only had one port go bad on me after about 4 years of daily use. Most people do not take such good care of their devices though, and way too often I see people having to junk/return/repair their devices because the charging port wore out.

>the only part of the port that wears out from natural use is pins
>let's leave pins in the device and pads on the cable
Great idea, applel.

My new phone is USB c and it seems a lot more durable

the pads actually short out a lot, lightning cables are so fragile

Been using a USB-C on my phone for over a year now.

it's definitely more durable than microusb

Reversible micro usb cables are already a thing. It's reversible on both sides

Attached: Ugreen.jpg (800x800, 182K)

Attached: the more you know.jpg (1920x1080, 67K)

Triggered.

Fuck you.

Genderless connectors
Dreamcast can do it, so can everyone else

I've seen more broken Lightning connectors than Micro USB.
And I don't even own any Apple products.

this

Replace all Micro USB with USB-C
Or go back to Mini USB
Both are about equally possible at this point

ya i'll admit they got this one right
dopeoplereallydothatlieontheinternet.jpg

They aren't mini usb. Micro usbs don't have those problems

that saysmore about the owner of thecable than the cable itself, ive had the sameone for my iphone since i got it and it is stillperfectas if it is new because i dont abuse my tech likea normie

>fragile parts inside device
>corrode easily and make it unusable
>cable also turns shit in time
>overprice as fuck
Yes, surely it's a good fucking connector

The only problem in this thread is a fucking stupid OP with nothing to do with their life.

go back to the best boy

Attached: UMUSBOTG8IN.B.jpg (600x600, 17K)

How do we solve my micro penis problem?

youtube.com/watch?v=thXcTv3DY-A

USB-C durability is significantly better. Shit's robust as fuck.

Attached: 1528418398715.jpg (1000x860, 92K)

let me tell you about the Logitech MX Ergo

they put a Micro USB port on it
- it's only for charging, good luck with the USB3 interference happening on the port right next to the receiver dongle, why not make it work as a standard usb mouse, who moves their trackball around like that
- it only fits cables with tiny "heads", so most don't fit

Attached: x.jpg (775x500, 43K)

Chad USB

Why is USB C not just a circle? Like a headphone jack.

Attached: 1531610933114.jpg (1280x960, 131K)

That is one of the worst devices ever created in the history of personal computing, you should be ashamed for discussing it and shot for using it to put you out of your misery.

>Why is USB C not just a circle?

If it was a circle it would be twice as tall meaning the actual ports would be twice as tall requiring a socket twice as tall meaning the component on a device would be twice as tall and the trend is to make shit thinner.

micro usb B is horrible. Shit sucks for PS4 controllers when connecting wired to a computer. Disconnecting randomly is annoying.

I have like 2-3 of them that do this shit.

>They're pieces of shit that always break or get dirty and they're so tiny it's nigh impossible to clean or repair them.
Paper clip and a little pointed slice of junk mail/card stock to clean fuzz out.

This guy's the real menace.

Attached: USB31CUBXM.main[1].jpg (600x600, 21K)

>What didn't they like about 3.5mm jacks?
Not being their own proprietary format with identification chips, meaning they couldn't charge licensing fees from manufacturers. Their "courage" was removing the 3.5mm jack and seeing if iToddlers would gobble up their marketing bullshit and defend the move, which they did.

This

Stop being a nigger. I have a micro USB cable from 2012 that I use all the time and it's still good.

So good that they're getting rid of it

>USB-C won't happen because of all the confusing standards and versions

I've literally never had a single usb-c cable or port break.

they (attempted for) increased battery life.
without the jack they dont have to power speakers or whatever

FUCK THIS THING. i have no idea why this exists. any slight tilt on the connector disconnects the device.

I always liked this a lot more than microUSB. Not as flimsy and it's pretty obvious which way it goes.

What did you do to yours? My gs5 has been used amost daily the past 3 years with that and it has no connectivity issues.

>gs5
oh god, i never realised it had one of those. to think i was considering upgrading from my S3...

external hard drives is what i'm talking about. i have one Seagate and one Samsung. both ports were fucking giving me shit right out of the box with the slightest movement of the cable or the drive itself disconnecting the device. there is no reason these drives couldn't have a standard sized port. worthless trash.

and how would you ensure that the pins line up? USB-C with a circular shroud would not be radially symmetric like a TRS connector.