Making a program

How difficult would it be to make a program? Specifically a save editor for a video game.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1852x1037, 205K)

Almost impossible, sorry dude.

This made me kek.

qft

I asked my boss and he said that to make this program you need a machine learning algorithm on the blockchain in a cloud. Hope it helps.

What's the video game?

To give you a non-shitpost answer: It highly depends whether the game save format is documented. If documented, a save editor probably even exists. If not, you won't just have to program the editor, but also reverse engineer the layout of the save file format.

People don't use programs any more they use Turing machines they connect to on a server.

juts fucking decode the save format in a terminal and when you take that stick out of your ass use the power of google (or ddg if you're a freetard) to find out how to make a window frame in python, then implement the decoder in the window
it's really not that hard you fucking retard

If you have to ask this question, it's too hard for you.

just use a hex editor to reverse engineer and edit your savefile.

Ok, basic info and headstart:
You will have to know a programming language
Then, you could use a memory reader(English is not my language) like cheat engine and read what changes/is saved
Open the file in bytemode trough your programming language and edit that number whatever

This.

There is a big difference between unsing a hex editor and doing something like..
>CTLR + F
>"0xff34f2"
>change value to "0xff34ff" for infite lives

..and serious reverse engineering.

The former is basically how cheating was done in the 90s, that later requires at least a basic understanding of various assembly tools as well as game design.

fpbp

>How difficult would it be to make a program?
Just open a text file, write
print('fucking Jow Forums')
on it and baam, done.

>Specifically a save editor for a video game.
For someone who is helpless enough to try to ask for help on Jow Forums? It's impossible, sorry. I bet you don't even know how to edit those files manually.

Heh. So you want to get into programming save editors kid? I'll be generous now to let you know you'll never make it, I have spent 50 years ma-

>disassemble the game
>find out all the places where it writes to disk
>figure out which one of those is saving the game
>figure out what the game is doing before it writes the save file to disk
>save a game
>look at the file produced
>install pipenv
>put on your programming socks
The rest is routine

Yeah. I once wasted 8 dollars on some game I thought I could easily hex edit. Turns out it was compressed as fuck. Compressed files within compressed files. Uncompressing the saves and recompressong them made the saves unreadable. No way of figuring out the compression algorithm.

>You will have to know a programming language

Fuck I don't know any programming languages.

Just use cheat engine. It's literally retard proof and chances are there's a table for the game you want to mess with.
Unless it's an online game in which case kys

The game is Strange Journey Redux. I've hex edited with it before.

Youo just have to attend a coding boot camp they are always big into algorithms and hacking. Look into kode with klossy she's a wekk-known hacker who has worked for both Anaonymous, the NSA and lizard squad

Just use gameshark.

Isn't that only for females?

You got a better chance of making it to the moon tomorrow, kid. Give it up, you're asking for a miracle.

This

Why are you guys trolling?

this. Don't even try OP.

New desktop thread?