Anyone here had LASIK? Did it ruin your computer screen viewing experience?

Anyone here had LASIK? Did it ruin your computer screen viewing experience?

Attached: lasik.jpg (566x375, 37K)

No. Just wear glasses. Unless you want your vision to eventually go shit in ten years and even worse than before. All for the sake of having no glasses.

Wat

that's not how Lasik works.

op, lasik didn't change anything about how I see my screen except I no longer had to wear glasses to do it

got lasik, specifically prk last year (i chose prk because i was afraid of the flap :3)
its nice not needing glasses but my screen viewing imo got worse. fast moving small objects are hard to focus on (specifically for gaming). it seems like when i had glasses, i had perfect vision on tiny/super small print but now after lasik, it feels like i have to focus harder to read those same font/print sizes

if i had the choice again, i would have not gotten lasik.

that's because you got prk. don't get prk op. there's a reason it's not recommended.

>just wear glasses
Enjoy your spectacle marks

Why? I have astigmatism on my right eye only, but with enough training it reached to a point where it's a non issue. Did you try it first?

26 yo, -9 in each eye. It increased -0.75 since the previous year. When will it stop?

Attached: 1524217767063.png (620x348, 205K)

I've read stories by people who got it done and some after a few years get itchy eyes constantly and there nght vision has dramatically decreased. The technology still isn't at a suitable safe level for such a crucial organ.

Isn't it meant to stop when you stop growing? Everything is a massive blur in my left eye even with glasses. If my right eye ever gets that bad I'm offing myself whilst I can still see the edge of those cliffs.

It stopped at -5 when I was 21. Now I'm 26 with the same vision.

I got lasik at 21 am I going to died?

>that's because you got prk. don't get prk op. there's a reason it's not recommended.
stop talking out of your ass. the only difference between the two is how the epithelial cells are handled and the recovery.
the reshaping of the cornea (the shit that adjusts your eyesight) is exactly the same
prk is still recommended to patients

>eyesight is better when my eyes are pushed back

Why isn't there a surgery for this?

I just can't accept having anything cut into my eyes.

So I wear glasses, I also have a dry eye condition so no contacts for me.

prk takes longer to heal from and your eyes are at a larger risk of bring permanently damaged during the healing time from things like dry eyes and exposure to the sun.

I got lasik, I stare at a screen 14 hours a day any nothing has changed. However driving at night is harder. I see blue circles over every source of light, it's like a fucking kaleidoscope on the outskirts of a city. Once you're in a city though it's too bright to notice.

what weird universe do you exist in where eye drops and sunglasses dont exist?
also if you think not using eye drops for dry eyes or not protecting your eyes from the sun if you dont ever get lasik is fine, you're a god damn idiot

>implying wearing glasses doesn't slowly degrade your vision too

there's no winning except for winning the genetic lottery

god you're fucking retarded
glasses will deteriorate your eyes more than any other procedure or surgery

get PRK not LASIK Op.

Attached: 25bc488d0869ebe14cac49405253a5fc35e341a9_hq.jpg (731x381, 54K)

I did Lasik last August and now i have almost perfect vision
the only thing is that glare around the lights at night.

Ive read many posts online of how people got their eyesight ruined by lasik
so give it a good think before making your decision
if you have more questions tell me

I've been looking into laser eye surgery but I'm really paranoid about the more common side effects like having dry eyes and seeing starbursts and halos at night. I already have all that shit and I wouldn't want it to get worse.

I've also heard that if you do the surgery with a high prescription, there's a chance you'll still need to wear glasses a few years down the line; it's just that your prescription will obviously be much less strong.

Is there anything new on the horizon that can compete with PRK/LASIK or are we stuck with advanced versions of technology from the 1970s until we can safely use stem cells and grow new eyes and shit?

Holy shit dude, can you even see your stretched out hand before you without glasses or is it just a blurry mess? I have around -2 on both eyes and already think that I do not see shit.

I had PRK performed just a week ago and my vision, although not yet fully recovered already is perfect for screens, I have absolutely no problem whatsoever

there's in-eye lenses they're making but I'd wait on that too

Just get contacts if you wear glasses and want to lose your virginity

I got lasik and now have chronic red eyes. I look cool though like an african warlord. You neckbeard types would only look even more pathetic.

tfw visual snow and myopia and a bunch of other shit

My brother got lasik when he was about 25. He's 40 now and he has never worn glasses and has great vision.

Post pics.

I got LASIK a few years ago and while in general my vision got better because I need no glasses anymore, my computer vision got a bit worse because when reading white text on white background the text has ghosting, as if I could read too lines of the same text.
That said, I don't notice it much anymore. I don't know if it receded or if I got used to it.

Had LASIK last Monday, corrected my -6/-4 (l/r) and now have perfect vision. Tuesday night I went for a drive and already didnt get any glare/starbursts.
Nothing changed in respect of looking at computer screens apart that in the first few days the high brightness would give me headaches.

i'm 23, went from -8.15 to -8.90 in 3 years.
Took an eye examination 3 months ago and was told there was zero change, going to get another test in 3 months to see if theres been any changes.

why not just wear gunnar optics

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 43K)

>I've read stories by people
>The technology still isn't at a suitable safe level for such a crucial organ
Substantiate your claims. This isn't leddit.

Whether you want to believe me or not, using plus lenses and improving my habits eventually got rid of my myopia.
Granted, I only had about -2.00, but it's still a noticeable improvement.

>Isn't it meant to stop when you stop growing?
my vision started deteriorate when I was 19

yeah I have no idea what he's talking about

feel free to elaborate

from my lasik surgeon -
he told me people from mid 20's to 30s are the best group to get lasik as by that time their eye sight is stable. i had it done after a few years of no change in my perscription in my mid 20s
anyone getting it younger would be a waste as their eyesight would still be changing and they'll need corrective lenses soon after
and anyone getting it older would be a waste as their eyesight would get poorer due to old age - lasik being a fix for myopia/hyperopia/astigmatism and not for presbyopia- aging of the eye.

also, at 19, you technically havent stopped growing yet. ~24 is when your brain finishes development. your eyes are technically a part of your brain/cns

Dude just train your eyes to not need glasses. That's what I would do if I had some pussy ass vision

>tfw no definitive eye regimen
>tfw no definitive eye health diet

Pussy

It's a lifesaver for people with +-3

For the rest of us it's a waste of money

Why don't they develop contact lenses that dissolve in a day or a week, so you don't have to take them out, you just pop a new one in?

>but with enough training
I also got small induced astigmatism on one of my eyes. What do you mean by "training"?

>my vision started deteriorate when I was 19
Are you sure that's myopia and not some other disease?

>I also have a dry eye condition
Then definitely don't do LASIK because it worsens the dry eye. My eyes used to be fine and after LASIK they're much dryer.

Lasik is bullshit, its for those normies who have minor vision impairment and wants to get rid of nerdy glasses. Plus it burns eye surface, resulting in worse visibility at night, and chance of various complications (lens flares, etc)

In your case, take ICL. My eyes was -13, and boy.. It changed everything. No complications.