Why do people unironically use these things? Even the older models have subpar keyboards compared to thinkpads

Why do people unironically use these things? Even the older models have subpar keyboards compared to thinkpads.
t. former mac user who sold their macbook pro for a thinkpad

Attached: e4e9aae84d036c34bdfbf4809513fa0a--vs-the-world-hugh-obrian.jpg (400x398, 17K)

Because in a world where homosexuals like myself are few and far between, we must use a non-invasive sign to find and identify potential homosex partners when searching for them in the world.
An Apple product is the agreed-upon sign among our fine bug chasing community.

Attached: 1458908036348 apple.jpg (720x960, 389K)

OP, i sacrificed 6 months of Starbucks in order to afford an Apple computer, and also engaged in 3 months of burger flipping on top of that. If i abandoned it then all that effort would have been for naught.

Attached: 2018-07-09_175825.png (689x722, 523K)

>Even the older models have subpar keyboards
No they don't, chiclet is chiclet.

>compared to thinkpads.
Thinkpads don't run macOS.

MacOS is the key thing here, macs are the only way to run it in the business environment without breaking the EULA.

>B-BUT THEY'RE OVERPRICED
I don't pay a dime, I'm in charge of tech in a startup so maxed out MBP for me lol

>BUT WHY MACOS
Tons of creative software is mac only and I use Sketch on a daily basis.

>t. mactoddler manchild

I use Logic Pro and Final Cut for my job, havent found anything on linux or windows that compares. I have a couple thinkpads at home that I like to fuck around with though (T420 w Arch, X230 w Ubuntu). Don't have a strong opinion towards one OS, they all have their place I guess.

>Sketch
Opinions rendered invalid.

Attached: 1531058230343.jpg (400x368, 54K)

Because?
What do you think gets used in the industry?

>Logic Pro and Final Cut
You know something is total shit when even the company that makes them out refuse to use it.

Attached: 1531000286127.jpg (644x1049, 215K)

>in the industry
>business
>company
>suits

All terms that have nothing to do with the kind of dumb hipster faggot garbage who uses Sketch.
There's fucking Tumblrinas with more skills than you who use anything but Sketch.

Attached: 1530899154129.jpg (300x300, 23K)

Windows 10 Enterprise is also a nightmare and it's making a lot of companies switch.

Right now you walk into an office and they are either using Win7 or Apple shit everywhere. Never see W10.

Sure thing sweetie.
Virtually every "big" app or site used by millions of people had a design process before getting handed to frontend devs, usability can and will be the difference between success and failure and big business knows it.

I worked in /gd/ for 4 years and I wouldn't use any other tool, Sketch is brilliant, industry standard and produces JSON. Any company I work for is buying me a Mac with Sketch or they'll be getting work done twice as slow.

Not really true for small business, all the executives use Macs along with the higher paid devs and design team, everyone else uses Win10 with SSO.

>Even the older models have subpar keyboards compared to thinkpads.
they don't.
>t. former mac user who sold their macbook pro for a thinkpad
LOL'd. nice lies kid.

these apple hate threads are getting stale and annoying.
I don't want to see another thread about apple on this forum ever again.

>minority faggot with a userbase of under 15% in the whole industry thinks he has importance in the very industry that puts him on the minority statistic of hipster rarities to look and laugh at
What a time to be alive.
Sketch faggots are like GIMP faggots, they invent positions in the industry for themselves hoping there's no random manager in the industry strolling around the web to notice their bullshit.

Attached: 1530351933072.png (258x544, 105K)

nice lies mactoddler

Because some people want OS-X and can't build a hackintosh for themselves.

Lol.

>He thinks Sketch has a minority market share
>He thinks there's a place in business for GIMP
>Le hipster maymay
At this point I'm not sure if you're pretending to be retarded or what.

>t. assblasted mactoddler

>Sketch hipster
>any statistical relevance and prevalence

Attached: 1530263473820.png (128x125, 31K)

>/ahg/

Attached: 1508352017138.gif (420x315, 489K)

People who hate windows but are intimidated by the DIY nature of linux. Also has a status symbol of professionalism

Full aluminum casing for laptops.

I'm not even mad. I actually don't even like Apple products.
I'm just tired of Jow Forums being flooded with the same threads day after day. 80% of the posts on this board could be predicted by an algorithm at this point.

>"I don't want to hear about apple ever again"
>t. assblasted mactoddler
reading comprehension: F-

>that Sketch faggot in this thread whose platform is not only failing, but failing miserably now that Invision is branching off with multi-support for both Windows and FagOS and with full knowledge of what it needs to accomplish to overwhelm Sketch due to an information headway while Sketch is left drowning in the ocean
Take a hike brainlet, or should i say artlet.

Attached: 1530005853354.jpg (413x395, 99K)

I just type everything via Siri.

We have prerelease licences for Invision studio, it's nowhere near Sketch right now and Invision has Sketch integration which we're phasing out because of Sketch Cloud.

I'm sure you know more about design software than a professional with real world experience though.

I know about how rarely and minimally used Sketch is in the industry now and how little it contributes to the big picture, and you are a hipster by definition due to that. One pursuing a dying software while rational and successful ones are moving onto multi-support.

No you don't. If you knew what you were talking about you wouldn't call Sketch dying, unpopular software.
Sketch is widely used so your hipster "argument" is nonsense. Got any more nuggets of insight you wanna make up on the spot?

>Rewording it to give another meaning
LMAO OY VEY BUY AN IPHONE GOYIM

>Sketch is widely used
Show a single statistical page showcasing Sketch having any significant presence over its competitors, especially now that everyone knows a piece of shit without multi-support is a failing piece of shit destined to remain in the hearts of a vocal minority who thinks itself big and bullshits a bit too much for its own good.
Even MacOS as a whole belongs in a minority userbase across all business in the world in spite of Windows fucking up in the past 2 years so much.
Show us or stop misleading people with your stupid unwarranted sense of self-importance, because i know you can't show what isn't true: That Sketch has any impact-presence when even the OS running it doesn't.

MACTODDLER BTFO

Yes why it's boring, every day there is a why does anyone use win 10 botnet or Google botnet, CNET probably has more varied content right now.

>Show a single statistical page showcasing Sketch having any significant presence over its competitors
There's no global poll for designers and if there was it would be proving my point right now.

Multi platform support doesn't really matter because graphic design is absolutely dominated by Macs the same way the music industry is, literally all the designers I know use Macs and I'd take someone less seriously if they were using Windows because the actual professionals use the right tools for the job regardless of platform or cost. Even £3000 on a mac can be made back in a few freelance projects because people use them for their livelihood.

>actual professionals
>macshit

Attached: 1517667002911.jpg (1128x984, 181K)

>There's no global poll for designers and
There's no "and". There is a global poll on users and businesses utilizing MacOS and it puts MacOS/OS X in the minority, at just under 6%. iOS, where Sketch isn't compliant therefore irrelevant, is at 15%. So you are 6% of the global marketshare where the majority of the 6% don't even indulge in graphical design, which puts you at how much under? In a world filled with artists that represent numbers multitudes of times of population higher even if we considered the impossibility of the numbers representing the 6% being all Graphical Designers.
Not to even speak of Sketch within those numbers where it faces competition which is getting multi-support and therefore greater success and coverage.
You are blowing hot air which has no influence on the surrounding temperature and instantly disappears. Most importantly you don't understand basic mathematics and logic yet blow misleading bullshit which anyone with a high-school education in math (outside of American education at least) can instantly identify as a load of brainfart.
I repeat, present evidence or stop misleading people with your unwarranted sense of self-importance which goes against any logic or basic math and is instead warranted sense for speaking bullshit about hipster software.

Attached: 1529950433078.png (724x652, 656K)

>without breaking the EULA
Where do you think you are? This board has a general for piracy. It has a board dedicated to piracy. Do you honestly believe we care about some shitty contract?

>2018
>people are still falling for the "mac is for professionals" meme

I've never seen professionals use mac, but i've seen hipster assistants, interms, and dumbfucks who can't advance up the ladder if they don't learn to multi-platform and instead stick with one kind of software.

>what is unix
>what is I can throw it off a wall and it still works

then they added the fucking touch-bar shit

Elegant stockholm syndrome

Attached: unnamed.jpg (450x380, 27K)

Unironically they either never used different products or are so used to mac os they can't switch. Apple intentionally makes interfaces different from rest of the world to make switching as inconvenient as possible. Which is the reason behind "it's more comfortable and well-thought" meme applefags believe in.

Which year is it? Why not full bronze case?
Lmao what are modern materials?

Your "global poll" is a script that tracks user agent strings which are easily spoofed and based on a limited amount of websites, this isn't a whole internet poll it's tracking visitors from sites who implement statcounter.

>In a world filled with artists that represent
Not talking about artists. Graphic Designers.

>Not to even speak of Sketch within those numbers where it faces competition
Competition that came years late. Adobe XD was developed as a kneejerk reaction to Bohemian creating the first decent UX tool, for literally years it had ZERO competitors in an industry DOMINATED by Mac users.

>Most importantly you don't understand basic mathematics and logic
At least I don't need to pretend to know what I'm talking about, I'll still be working in a team of designers that only use Macs, going to conferences surrounded by people who use macs and use software that only works on a Mac. I can go onto Apple's design resources right now and download entire sketch libraries because the world's largest tech company uses it internally. If Sketch had no market prevalence like you claimed earlier Adobe wouldn't have created XD in the first place.

>MacOS is the key thing here, macs are the only way to run it in the business environment
>to run it in the business environment
>business environment
>business
>environment

I don't give a shit about EULAs, nor am I saying other people should, I'm saying businesses care about legitimate licencing and wouldn't touch a Hackintosh with a barge pole.

How does it feel to be 15 and poor? Tell me more.

>Your "global poll" is a
Quarterly sales statistic every company makes which gets converted into userbase stats and whose only discrepancy is having a higher count since it doesn't accommodate repeat-sales which are only calculated using predictions.
You fucked yourself by overthinking and trying to be a tech sophist.
A minority blowing hot air, that's you. No proof for otherwise, while Sketch doesn't even get any documented credits in the bigger picture and is only a hipster buzzword in the industry.
Are you still going to keep trying to bullshit yourself due to unwarranted sense of self-importance?

Link your source. Your 6% figure is remarkably close to what Statcounter suggest.
Sketch isn't new software, it has been out for 7 years in a market with no direct competitors for 5 fucking years, that is enough time to gain a majority market share in an industry that is already accustomed to Mac use. Historically macs have had a massive prevalence in design and whatever dogshit source you're spouting from won't account for that.

What do you think I'd be using if I wasn't using Sketch? What do you think holds the majority share?

Attached: apple_unix_ad.jpg (1976x1202, 401K)

>then they added the fucking touch-bar shit
the touchbar is actually not bad. Can sometimes save time and improve productivity. Also it´s like f keys with a display.

This was a point in 2002 but they fucked up or just removed the unix features and ramped up the prices beyond belief

I loved air after shitdows shitsta, it had amazing trackpad with gestures and my mid retina 2012 was one of the few laptops with high res screens and had lots of nice things (mag safe and etc.)

For phone I actually don’t really care and been using 6plus since release until it got dunked by water so I got 8plus instead but I could have easily go for similar or cheaper android phone as long as it doesn’t lag while browning inthernet since it’s almost all that I need from a phone.