Is Ebay the worst ecommerce site?

Attached: 1521839488426.png (887x726, 373K)

every fraud attempt was managed by paypal for me. if you don't use paypal it's your fault

>he hasn't fall victim to the not as described scam yet

This seems kinda tricky. You can't prove you sent the item but neither can the buyer prove they didn't receive the item.

Ebay always sides with the buyer, always 100%. Even if they latter suspends the buyer they won't give you your money back either.

what if a delivery person stole the guitar? how do you know the buyer was the criminal here? it's the most likely but you can't jump to conclusions about crime

Nah, I sold tons of shit and never had to deal with fraud. I once got fucked while buying something but my fault since no paypal. (this asswipe was forced to write me a handwritten letter from prison or some shit some months later.)
This tricks works on ali express too, my friend does it from time to time. They always refund / rsend if you say you didn't receive it / claim its broken.

Your friend sounds like a degenerate.

I report people to ICE now whenever I get scammed. There is a section for cyber crimes. Feels good man.

For sellers, it is.

You could take pictures of the guitar in the case. Wouldn't prove you sent it but maybe would go along to help resolve in favor of the seller.

fuck off elon

>help resolve in favor of the seller.
HAHAHAHAHAH, ebay always sides with buyer, i scammed a couple times on Ebay too, always wins.

Wouldn't the shipping weight prove if it's empty or not? USPS puts the weight on the receipt.

Does seller rating even matter? Will they favor a new buyer account over a trusted seller with 1000 sales, 100% positive feedback and 10-year membership?

kek

Attached: 1502877145406.png (744x124, 35K)

>>help resolve in favor of the seller.
>HAHAHAHAHAH, ebay always sides with buyer, i scammed a couple times on Ebay too, always wins.
You didn't scam anyone if they got refunded.

nope, ebay always sides with buyer, why do think there are so much fewer used item for sale on ebay now? ebay chased away all small time sellers

I guess the only solution is to seal the box at the post office in front of a clerk with a video recording.

you'll still lose the Ebay case as a seller. It's retarded, they say it's the "cost of doing business on Ebay" and you should adjust price accordingly.

>not using paypal
Your own damn fault.

And you still lose. Literally 100% of the time. This is eBay's official policy.

It's terrible for sellers, if you're buying shit it really isn't bad.

so you're saying ebay is good place to buy stuff from?

are you retarded? ebay always sides with the buyer

You could still take it to court and win the case easily?

yes, especially if you intend to return it for free, just open a not as described case, put some unverifiable bullshit. you win the case, seller pays return shipping!!! and you get your money back

Such a fucking retarded pratice. Who cares if people like your site because you side with them if there ain't shit for sale because of scammers

This situation could've been solved if he only had sent an empty box.

>win the case easily?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I've been to small claims court user, it took 6 months, hundreds out of pocket, and I got 1/3 back, and that's because the other side's insurance paid.

How about recording yourself packaging and dropping it off at a postal service all in one video?

>This tricks works on ali express too, my friend does it from time to time. They always refund / rsend if you say you didn't receive it / claim its broken.
are you or your friend the one that post that shitty """"hack"""" guide on /csg/ the other day?

kek, I've seen the other kind of successful scam, list popular item for 20% off, say you have 10 of them. Ship from China. Pocket the money. never ships.

The real world is going to destroy you when you grow up.

Ebay will still side with the buyer. I wish I was joking.

What part of "eBay sides with the buyer 100% of the time, as per their own policy" don't people understand?

Lies and slander from fags. Someone tried to pull this on me and said the box was empty. I showed Paypal support the weight of the package when I gave it to UPS and it was ended in my favor that day.

Attached: capture.png (521x450, 19K)

add them to badbuyerlist, also, was the buyer a hispanic or a nigger? never ship to those

If it's this foolproof why doesn't every buyer just scam constantly?

see
just because one nigger was dumb enough to say "empty" rather than "not as described" doesn't mean everyone else is a liar.

For the same reason you don't steal shit even when it's clear you could get away with it. Most people aren't dishonest, but there's enough who are that it sometimes feels like every fucking buyer on eBay is scamming.

that's paypal, they are slightly better than ebay

>paypal is ebay
No, you're just a fucking retard.

>why doesn't every buyer just scam constantly?
i'm seeing off the chart scamming rates from niggerish names and hispanics, also canada is really bad. I just cancel their orders now.

amazon is not any better, now that third parties can post stuff for sale on amazon.com there is plenty of shenanigans going on amazon.com like bait & switch of advertised products, or my favorite trick amazon allows, there are products for sale, but what they dont tell you is the fucking thing is in china and you have to wait three months to get it because they got to put it on a fucking cargo ship, it takes 2 to 3 weeks to get to the USA then another 2 months before the shipping container is finally opened and sorted and sent on to a domestic shipper

you mean the scam where i get free counterfeit shit from ebay because the seller was dumb enough to describe it as official?

Implying they give a shit about your report of someone who doesn’t live in the US

as far as i know you don't even have the option to NOT use paypal on ebay

Yeah just like Google and Youtube are totally unrelated companies right? No coincidence at all Ebay uses paypal.

>paypal is ebay

cool facts and evidence

I only ship to US user.

Couldn’t you just make a video of you loading the product, taking it to the post office and delivering it?

cool facts and evidence

i mean the buyer protection is needed but yeah scams like these... this is why you take a lot of photos of you shipping it.

I once received a psu that was poorly repaired and didnt work. the seller offered me % back that increased each time i asked for a replacement / refund. after like 3 weeks of him fucking around i just opened up a dispute and got my money back. still have the fucked psu.

Ebay seller (with 100,000 stars of positive feedback ) here. Always take pictures of the parcel, check weight.

>badbuyerlist
this site is a life saver

don't you need to write the package's weight? the average stratocaster weights 8 pounts, more or less, if it's empty there is a discrepancu with the weight

old paypal had srs problems, you could just get any txn reversed for a litany of reasons and seller is fucked. They also made it hard to ensure you were shipping to verified addresses instead of 'pls ship to cousin in africa' scam for the longest time.

problem is if you file too many of those they will just drop your account unless you're a 'powerseller' making them thousands a week regardless if you did everything honestly

For sellers, yes.

For buyers it is easily the best.

Ebay is in the process of dropping Paypal tho.

t. scammer

kek, is paypal reversing ebay charges now?

They DONT get refunded. Ebay instantly (forcefully) refunds the buyer out of the seller's paypal account, and will then completely ignore everything else in that case, regardless of what happens.

Ebay is literally a 100% cancer filled shit hole. Every buyer is a scammer
NEVER SELL OR BUY ANYTHING ON EBAY

I doubt it, what happened is famous tycoon and activist shareholder Carl Icahn forced eBay to spin off Gaypal into a seperate company, and ever since then people have started using it for money transfers and other things, as it's being developed as in independent service now and not just eBay escrow bullshit. There still isn't a better escrow system and you can use visa/mc to make Gaypal purchases where all the escrow business logic can happen for eBay and pay out sellers. Unless eBay comes up with Gaypal 2.0 clone or something so they manipulate their payments again to their favor

ebay is scam central. Since ebay always sides with the buyer, almost all of the legit small-time sellers are gone. The only legit sellers left don't auction, and every other seller is a chinese scammer.

>they side always with the buyer
>d-don't buy there!

lol

>lol

You fucking asshat. Just kill yourself.
Why you would want to give money to a mega jew corp like ebay?

Never buy, because eventually ebay will die.

I'm curious how that proves anything. You can take the picture and then remove the guitar.

You can still get fucked by a powerseller as a nobody buyer. For example you see this listing called "NY Phone". Every picture, somebody is standing beside a well known NY landmark and using the phone. The marketing is carefully worded to avoid saying the phone will actually work in NY, let alone N. America. You buy the phone and discover it's a cheap chinese clone that uses a different LTE frequency, with none of the other frequencies unlocked ergo useless in N. America. You try and file a SNAD and ebay sides with the buyer because technically they didn't say you could use the phone in N. America despite all it's marketing shadily implying otherwise.
>t. former employee of long ago who dealt with countless of these fraud claims

I have thousands more stories of buyers getting fucked, because the rating system is shit, and regulations for the market are not clear

er sides with the seller
state of phone shitposting

Because what protects the seller too, not only the buyer. The Last time one of my packages did not arrive, eBay absorbed the cost, not the seller or myself. I also instructed my bank to block all attempts at taking my money at a specific amount.

Forgot to add Sellers sue galore for defamation over 'bad feedback' and ebay just automatically deletes that bad review, so the phone scam perpetuates. Auctions are really hard to do with a gigantic corporation centralizing everything, only a decentralized auction that allows for realistic ratings and decentralized escrow will work to final solution all the scamming drug addicts and chinese reshippers

that's entirely your fault, whoever believe those dumb publications deserve to be scammed

meanwhile I buy certified stuff at lower prices from somewhere else other than china and I get what I pay for

I have a rare SNES game that i'm desperate to offload, but i'm shitscared of getting scammed on ebay

I'd be too afraid to pull such a scam in case the seller came to my address and caved my head in.

I have a transeiver worth 600euro, tried selling it on smaller websites, no takers. not gonna put it on ebay. shit sucks yo.

actually, if you want to scam people, buy on ebay

you will be scammed, make it cash only in person.

>but what they don't tell you is the fucking thing is in china
Don't buy products with "free shipping" that don't mention the 25 USD requirement. Only buy if sold by Amazon.

Not him but I hate when people try to sell their used shit as new, or off-brand as branded, etc.
Pisses me off.

>tfw bought a record described as "near mint" from a seller for 350$
>received record, all scratched up and dust in the sleeve from sitting in the basement for 23 years
>open claim, send record back, get money back
>two months later, get call from post office that there's a package there for me
>go pick it up
>same record, seller didn't accept the return
>got money back and the record wich still plays fine
kek

They ALWAYS favor the buyer. eBay isn't really worth it. After ebay fees, paypal fees, and shipping costs, you will barely make 50% of your sell price.

You will get scammed. Also, as said, after all the fees from ebay and paypal, you won't really make anything on it anyways. Don't do it. It's the equivalent of going all in on a blatant scam coin, then immediately getting exit scammed.

Get a real job instead of peddling crap on ebay

The most expensive thing I've bought on Ebay was a Korean 1440p monitor and that was a good experience. The more I read about some of Ebay and paypal policies I don't know why anyone would sell things on it. I guess discoverability.

t. person who has never sold anything on ebay

Nice. I'm going to buy some free things then.

this, send back rocks

>buy gamecube from seller
>listed as used meaning it at least funtionally works
>however no where in the item listing does it describe the condition, only the history of the gamecube
>message seller three times since yesterday looking to confirm it functionally works before i give them the money.
>they still have yet to respond

How much longer should i wait

I only scam chinks.

I have 70 positive reviews from others. (Mostly USA).

professional ebay not as described scammer here. i've returned items so hard sellers quit ebay forever. ama

The standards have really dropped since smartphones have allowed any shithead to post their junk on there and buy things while on the toilet.

have you read the thread? you have nothing to fear as a buyer.

48 hours.

If they don't message back, avoid like a nigger in a back alley, I had the same experience recently with a guy selling an RX 560 4GB.

>add "Sold as is. By purchasing this item you agree that you are purchasing what you see in the pictures. No refunds." to the description
>weigh item and take a picture of its weight
>take pictures documenting you sending the item and take a picture of the receipt
>someone tries to scam you
>you provide proof that you did everything on your end correctly and it's their fault

Same happened to me

Sold mobo

Buyer says not working

They said they will auto refund payment after he ships it back to me

Takes payment back from my PayPal I don't even get my motherboard back gg.