AMD drivers are the most stable

Nvidia drivers are bett--

guru3d.com/news-story/third-party-audit-reveals-amd-drivers-are-the-most-stable-gamers.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed: guru3d/news (Guru3d Latest News & Articles)

Attached: 1515242240382.jpg (925x368, 387K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4661
youtu.be/oKj1RlR9eKU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

At what? What did they test?

oh - they just tested a benchmark called "CRASH", no games, nothing.

Waste of time, AMD probably funded them lmao

enjoy your $600 gtx 1070 *cough* i mean vega

FAKE AND GAY

Also if paid by AYYMD, it's not independent at all

The article might be bullshit, but ever since Linus beat AMD devs into shape, their drivers have a real chance of improving in the future, at least for Linux/GNU.

not reading the article but my experience with my first nvidia card has been pretty bad.
My 280x got constant performance increases from regular driver updates and didn't have bugs.

My 1060 gets constant updates but it's only to advertise some new release game, not to increase performance across the board.
Furthermore it wants you to login just to install the driver and control panel.
I know you can avoid it, but it's annoying.

And lastly, I get issues while watching youtube and playing games.
It's observed as an on-going problem on the forums, and the only real solution is to turn off hardware acceleration for youtube.
Pretty piss poor considering I was always told nvidia was the better, fuller experience for users.

>utm_medium=twitter
how is this news?

b-b-but muh geforce experience!

> AMD drivers are the most stable
What drivers?

based AMD

Nvidia drivers are the gold standard and most stable and reliable

AYYMD paying shitty no name company to slander Nvidia as usual

see when I was ony my 280x I was getting pretty regular support.
If I had driver updates any more frequently it would get annoying.

With my 1060 the "updates" are for every new game and they don't do anything most the time. It may as well be placebo, I read the changelogs and it's just "Dude shitty car racer is out don't you want the maximum performance".

Proofs of GTFO butthurt greener

Nvidia driver crash and burn
Amd had no driver

anyone who say otherwise is a shill

that explains the todays invasion of amd shit bots

people who use cards from both companies already knew that. The stability gap is even wider in Linux.

maybe once you actually get it installed. It's the install and version changes that fucking suck

I own a GTX 960 and an RX 570 and I never really thought about it before, but I have had more issues with the 960.

>Driver may get removed after PC has been left idle for an extended period of time.
nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4661

This. What are the NVIDIA driver updates even doing?

>ITT: seething nvidiots

> Display Driver Standalone Installer
> The standalone display driver installer now removes extracted files after installing the
driver, leaving a smaller footprint on the hard drive.
THE number one most hype feature just recently shipped and Jow Forums does not even of care.
Sad!

yeah, i've been using a 390x for almost three years now (i think?) and it's honestly been pretty damn solid come to think of it, I dual boot between Win10 and Ubuntu 18.04 and both drivers are pretty damn good 99.99% of the time.

>implying AMD has any money to pay for positive reviews
Nvidia shills everyone

Good point, AMD is too poor for bribery.

and that's a good thing, let NVIDIA keep having the kike scumbag rep, I'm fine with that

>amd being so poor they cant even compete in the market is a good thing
Irony

anyone who post NVIDIA vs. AMD or Intel vs. AMD is underage
stop replying to these posts

>using kike tactics is the only way to compete

Attached: 1518664101824.jpg (600x600, 57K)

They could start by making affordable gpus that arent housefires and then us whatever tactics they want to sell them

AMD does the same shit retard you're just being baited
if you think a company worth billions cant bribe a something as easy to bribe as a fucking media corp, you're brain-dead

>They could start by making affordable GPUs that aren't housefires
But we're not talking about NVIDIA
Really? You got any proof to back it up?

>you got any proof
OP

the amd bots in this thread are the fucking worst

AMD likes to obsolete GPUs still in sale

you forgot a verb

Vega and 580 do not compete in price/perf and are housefires. Come off it

How's that proof? We're you there when the alleged bribery took place? No? Then you have no proof
He's Taiwanese, what did you expect?
I own a Nitro+ 580, and it never goes above 65°C, try again shill

>he actually bought a 580
Explains all the denial and delusion

Attached: 1526690711518.jpg (540x720, 45K)

>And lastly, I get issues while watching youtube and playing games.
>It's observed as an on-going problem on the forums, and the only real solution is to turn off hardware acceleration for youtube.
Ayyo hold up its the driver problem? The problem only appears when I have games in the background and YT playing 60fps videos. I thought it was firefox.

The only delusion I see is the projecting Nvidia shills trying to reverse a meme onto AMD without knowing what they're talking about, keep sounding like an idiot tho, it's entertaining

i can't believe all of these nvidia fags are defending these awful drivers. The only reason NVidia's chink-level drivers were ever considered good was because AMD was very far behind. AMD Drivers started to get better around 2013-ish, I haven't had a single issue with AMD drivers since then.

oh no no no no ayymd/intlel is bankrupt and finished

Attached: 3278347578457845.png (453x557, 50K)

I haven't had a single driver issue with AMD since my HD4850. Once I got a HD5870 everything just worked, and I can't remember ever having any issue at all with my R9 290 ever.

Meanwhile my brother keeps bitching to me that his GTX 1080 is lagging in menus and flickering or getting black screens in certain games, and needs to disable g-sync to even get dark souls 3 to launch at all while freesync always has worked with the game for me. He always blames the games.

>He always blames the games
That's a new one, nvidiots won't ever say they made a bad choice in buying their GPU, complete delusion

>muh proof
so you have proof NVIDIA bribed then right?

Similar to my issues with the 960 GTX, playing HTML5 video on any monitor causes one of the monitors to lose sync at random and disconnecting HDMI causes the video driver to crash, no command or tool can bring video back online without a system reboot so I have to dump out the session to disk.

I would also add subjectively colors were better on my 5770 and 6870 which I assume is a driver thing, the only upside to novidya is the control panel is polished but still buggy as shit.

i had a 390 AND a 480 and both sucked. relive never worked, had constant issues, i had to use a 2015 driver to get autodesk maya to work, gta 5 still runs like complete trash etc etc
this 1070 is the best card i've ever used and also happens to be my only nvidia card

weird, i have a 480 and it's been flawless so far

>Commissioned by AMD, QA Consultants used Microsoft’s Windows Hardware Lab Kit (HLK) to conduct a 12-day head-to-head test comparing AMD and Nvidia graphics drivers.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

and there we have it. literal paid marketers

i love vega 56

AMD makes the best video cards ever

did you know the vega 56 can be bought for a minimum of $700 nowadays? and hey, did you also know that it is just as good as a gtx 1070

yeah i bet you didn't know that, you fucking intel shill kike!!!!! AMD is the best.

AMDrones united!

Attached: 1529454017858.jpg (579x525, 54K)

just be glad these people are the minority. nvidia is slamming them into the ground year after year and it's beautiful 70/30 marketshare lmao

Attached: 1454039405929.png (808x805, 49K)

false flags used to be smarter desu

This is a stupid article and stupid thing to argue about.
There are an infinite number of reasons for instability with drivers, starting with users configurations. The company developing the drivers falls pretty low on the list.

That's right fellow gamer
RISE UP

Attached: 1528346664761.jpg (1200x675, 117K)

meanwhile all my issues have several thousand google hits when i search them. i shouldn't have given amd another chance after the abortion that was the 390 and the early crimson drivers

based boomer christian dad puts gamercucks on suicide watch

WE

damn straight

Attached: 1529454175456.jpg (500x825, 67K)

>itt; shills prove they are a mistake

>needing to configure a driver in order for it to not fucking crash
what a dumb fucking excuse. if a configuration is incompatible I should not be allowed to make it.and defaults should be 100% stable.

WUZ

Attached: 1527938968462.jpg (598x927, 71K)

>AYYMD paying
>Implying AYYMPOOR have enough money for Intel juden schemes

they literally did pay this company though. read the source.

I disagree. I switched from r9 280 to a gtx 960 2gb lately and noticed the following:

Windows updates does not break my drivers anymore
I can set properly my screen resolution. With amd drivers I had to add 1920*1080 as custom resolution.
It can properly use 2 displays, where one is full hd, and second one is 720p. R9 could not do it
Sound through hdmi works
My fans does not spin all the time, actually they are stopped until I hit 60 degrees Celsius
It doesn't need stupid program like amd crimson all the time

Well, there were always, and I mean always problems with r9 card. I'm glad I got rid off it. Maybe Nvidia has theoretically lower performance, but I don't play games. It works better.

SUCK THIS BIG FAT COCK NGREEDIA SHILLS youtu.be/oKj1RlR9eKU Ayymd finally surpassed Nvidya with this driver update

GAYMURS

Attached: 72B7E35830F1492B8DF70170C77B076C.png (500x775, 789K)

I just got a rx580 as a wedding gift, I'm happy with it

'N

Attached: FE9339DC976C4FF68EAE88DCB35549BB.jpg (433x767, 117K)

Stuff

SHIETT
FUCK OFF DAD

Attached: 862C11A85D524370A51FF682D20CDDF9.jpg (991x929, 265K)

Clean your room

NO FUCK YOU DAD LET ME GAME IN PEACE

Attached: B0A50F7D7FEB468D83BD6A34F3D8AFFD.jpg (500x743, 89K)

Son, don't make me get the belt. You can rise up after you do your homework

NO GIVE ME YOUR CREDIT CARD, I NEED A NEW NVIDIA CARD NOW OLD MAN!!!!

Attached: 1289416C2D4641DE91CCF11FA076FC63.jpg (1962x1846, 929K)

sign of a cuck

After you lost all that money on your buttcoins, I'mv not giving you any more allowance. And I've frozen my credit cards until you get a job
You don't even know what that means, Missy. Go clean your room before Chad comes over

AHHHHH WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS TRYING TO RUIN MY LIFE
FUCK YOU DAD
FUCK
YOU

Attached: 1530844832239.jpg (500x980, 139K)

Yeah can confirm. Had amd for ages. Only issue I ever had was that a few games didn't play well with crossfire.

Now my 1080ti has issues and game crashing often. If I disable GeForce gay experience everything runs better. If I install older drivers, crashes stop but performance tanks. So I literally have to play the amd meme game and wait until they release a new GPU that's good.

Nvidiots BTFOOOOOO

Attached: aKCAW5x.jpg (796x805, 105K)

That's pretty much been my experience. AMD has come a long way in the last few years. I've had far fewer problems with my current AMD card than any of my last few Nvidia ones.

The only reason nVidia drivers were considered better is because gaming manchildren don't understand any concept other than >muh FPS, so in their puerile minds = more shitty hacks = muh optimizations and moar FPS.

For fuck's sake, dumb gamers love using the word "optimization" itself as a synonym for "good programming". It isn't. We even hear the absurdly illogical and non-existent concept of "bad optimization" or "poor optimization".

Optimizations is not even inherently good. Optimization is a synonym for "hacks". Hack something so in one instance it works better, in detriment of it working worse in others.

Just look at OpenGL. AMD always respected the standards by Kronos Group. nVidia created their hacked multithreading drivers. Result = MOAR FPS and dumb gamers satisfied with the "better results". Meanwhile AMD has always been more trusted in professional environments, such as CAD. Why? Because they follow standards, the results are predictable and trustworthy, the drivers are more stable.

Unfortunately the technology industry will always be tainted with the hordes of uninformed and obtuse video game players, and for eternity "MOAR PERFORMANSES" will be synonymous with "better". Optimization will be considered an inherently good thing. And real quality and stability will be ignored.

>"""bad optimisation"""" is not a thing
Lemme tell you about a lil game spelled pubgay

If you optimized an application exclusively for a few pieces of hardware, so that 0.01% of users had an average performance boost of 300%, and 99.99% a decrease of 90%, that is a good optimization. No matter how worse, no matter how bad it gets for nearly every other user on the planet, that still is "good optimization".

That is, IF you insist on qualifying optimization. Optimization isn't synonymous with good performance for most users. It itsn't synonymous with not crashing.

What the fuck am I supposed to buy?
AMD:
>hot
>power hungry
>runs like shit in most games but occasionally runs got tier
>windows driver frequently crashes when watching youtube for me
>decent linux drivers
Nvidia
>runs cool and doesn't use much power
>runs very well for most things
>runs like complete shit for a few things
>uses hacks in drivers to get games to run well
>dogshit linux drivers

>Had an R7 card some time ago
>AMD software was shit and crashed constantly
>On Dolphin some games would have texture issues and the only fix was to downgrade drivers, which didn't let you play modern games

>Switch to a 10 series card
>Decline Geforce Experience crap
>Control Panel is almost the same as the one in my old 9600GT
>YouTube videos and some websites make my video driver crash and restart at random

Holy shit, will I have to abandon gaming and go back to Intel Iris Graphics?

Attached: 1531269185806.png (736x616, 21K)

I meant users setups. GPU, CPU, OS, OS changes, mobo, mobo versions, etc

Go with AMD, Intel are promoting Vulkan and Freesync to gayme devs so Radeon cards seem to have a very bright future

if intel are promoting that then go intel. there will be no reason to buy amd when intel release their new gpu soon. they'll be amd but with actual good and competitive products this time that shouldn't burn your house down.

I love how these Nvidia shills keep trying to push this house fire meme when their favorite company was the one selling thermo nuclear GPUs with wood screws

So where does HL/HL2, F.E.A.R., CS:S, RE4, and FFX put me on this list?

Cretaceous Gamer

Lmao I had that on my gts 250