Tesla and Google should work on smartguns

And after they implement these features, regular guns could be banned forever everywhere:

- built-in biometrics, so it only works when used by the rightful owner. Makes it pointless to rob a gun and impossible for kids to cause accidents
- camera recognition, so it can only work when aimed at somebody who is also carrying a gun. No more police/army brutality, armed robberies, school shootings and cowardly murders in general
- smart aim, to accurately and automatically aim at legs and other non-vital body parts. No more unnecessary killings of human lives
- IoT component that automatically uploads a record of every time the gun has been used (along with the corresponding footage) to the police, and that allows it to be disabled remotely in case the owner is known to have plans to commit a crime or is committing one

Attached: baby.jpg (620x425, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

unqualified-reservations.blogspot.hk/2008/11/patchwork-positive-vision-part-1.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>regular guns could be banned forever everywhere
NRA will never allow this, kek

who is going to buy a "smart" gun? not even the dumbest of rednecks would fall for that

>wake to a sound of my door being forced open
>it's a burglar at 3 a.m.
>move to my closet. With my fingerprint I unlock a box. Takes three attempts because my finger is already sweating and every time there's an annoying beeping sound.
>move down stairs, two men with old-model handguns are moving through the hallway.
>this is a life or death decision, one false move, I die.
>raise my gun
>pull trigger
>ERROR: FIREARM NOT DETECTED - The guy was holding his gun at an angle where my firearm couldn't see it.
>they've heard me and point their guns at me.
>pull again
>RECALIBRATING AIM
>gun yanks down and the shot goes off, hits the guy in the leg
>hear a scream
>both men unload their magazines in my direction
>i die instantly
>they rape and kill my family for making their robbery difficult

>- built-in biometrics, so it only works when used by the rightful owner. Makes it pointless to rob a gun and impossible for kids to cause accidents
Biggest argument to this is that if you are a cop and your bud gets shot and you wan to use his weapon, you wonder be able to. (What if they make a data base for users allowed to shut the gun)

The most effective method is to create a smart lock, this way it won't trigger the NRA

Wow just like in my mongolian petroglyphs.

Attached: MOE-PASS.gif (640x480, 293K)

Kek

>No more unnecessary killings of human lives
Yes we should end abortion also

Faggot

>Shikkou modo: Lethal Eliminator

damn that grammar, I need to go sleep

Do you not realize that firearms/wars are all about profits?

Yeah. It's been tried before.
It has almost killed the companies that have tried it. The NRA HATES that shit.

>only work when aimed at somebody who is also carrying a gun
>Man attacks me with axe
>Women gets raped by unarmed man

>smart aim, to accurately and automatically aim at legs and other non-vital body parts
>Burglar holds toddler hostage
>go to shoot burglar
>gun re-aims itself at toddler because it recognizes its arm
>your kid is dead

To make everyone on the political spectrum happy, we should extract fetuses from the womb while still alive, and then let rednecks blast the shit out of them with automatic rifles. Use incendiary rounds and the most accurate shooter gets stem cell candies.

>smart aim, to accurately and automatically aim at legs and other non-vital body parts.
There's a reason why no cops in any part of the world do this - it doesn't work. Center of mass is the best way to neutralize a threat. Look at Liveleak. Tons of vids of guys shot multiple times and still running around.

>built-in biometrics
too slow.
>camera recognition
Nope. too slow and unreliable. What about people with small knives?
>smart aim
you aim to kill, not injure.
>IoT
Fuck off.

>boohoohoo why can't I do crime?

PsychoPass lol

>no cops in any part of the world do this

They do here in the Netherlands.
Though I think only when the suspect is running away (to stop him), not when he's attacking the police I think.

>the post that turned the world into MGS4

Police/law enforcement.

They don't want criminals taking police guns and shooting them. And public would want accountability for any fired shots.

Yeah. When he is not a threat they do it. Guys running away aren't that dangerous.
When they ARE a threat, they know to shoot the chest. Stopping the heart ends the threat. It's brutal but that's what has to be done when the guy with the gun will die if he doesn't end the threat quickly.

>built-in biometrics
unironically would be a useful feature. everything else is retarded and bait

>google

>African-American detected
>Firearm: Disabled
>cop gets killed

>noises at night
>get smart gun
>burgler freeze
>stand off face to face
>*robot voice* magazines are 20% off at your nearest ammunation
>not now google
>your order has been placed and will be delivered in 72 hours
>burglar dies laffin
>win

at least tesla hardware is legit dangerous

They should work on laser stun gun for home sentry system.

This, plus there's the problem of actually owning what you bought since some arbitrary employee of smartgun corp could nullify your access to the weapon remotely by blacklisting your bio signature, or nullify all the guns at once, or the mechanism for auth fails during a critical moment and you're dicking around because you're wearing gloves or your hands are wet and the Elron Musk shit gun won't work.

Plus there will just be a black market for defeating these lockouts, like the guy in Judge Dredd movie kek

Leave your basement bitch, i want to show ya the american dream.

>accurately and automatically aim at legs and other non-vital body parts
Won't work with a human holding the gun. What you're asking for is killer robots.

>Obviously, a joint-stock realm faces completely different problems in maintaining internal security. Internal security can be defined as the protection of the shareholders' property against all internal threats - including both residents and employees, up to and certainly including the chief executive. If the shareholders cannot dismiss the CEO of the realm by voting according to proper corporate procedures, a total security failure has occurred.
>The standard Patchwork remedy for this problem is the cryptographic chain of command. Ultimately, power over the realm truly rests with the shareholders, because they use a secret sharing or similar cryptographic algorithm to maintain control over its root keys. Authority is then delegated to the board (if any), the CEO and other officers, and thence down into the military or other security forces. At the leaves of the tree are computerized weapons, which will not fire without cryptographic authorization.
>Thus, any fragment of the security force which remains loyal to the shareholders can use its operational weapons to defeat any coalition of disloyal, and hence disarmed, employees and/or residents. Ouch! Taste the pain, traitors. (Needless to say, the dependence of this design on 21st-century technology is ample explanation of why history has not bequeathed us anything like the joint-stock realm. It was simply not implementable - any more than our ancestors could build a suspension bridge out of limestone blocks.)
unqualified-reservations.blogspot.hk/2008/11/patchwork-positive-vision-part-1.html

The only acceptable form of gun control is to prove that you can generate a certain amount of force with a punch and any kick other than a round kick. Not a small amount of force either, and no round kicks because that is the easiest kick to learn so you can get more power out of it quicker than others. This shows that you learned how to defend yourself without a gun first. Makes sense to me!

Smart guns are the dumbest ideas when it comes to weapons. Nobody would buy this shit

wasn't there a dude that "hacked" a smart gun by just finding the frequency of the detector? there was a video on YT

That is blatantly incorrect. In fact, I think only burgers don't use shots on extremities as standard doctrine.

>my dead body is sued for inconveniencing the robbers
Canadian edition

I disagree. It increases complexity, making failures more likely, it is dependent on batteries, and can likely be bypassed with a bit of tinkering.

Smart guns are an awful idea.

I saw that shit on a James Bond movie.
One dude tried to shoot Bond with his gun but it didn't work because the gun had a palm reader.
Interesting feature but yeah the rest is completely retarded.

if by extremities you mean head and pelvis.

>be in europ
>terrorist wipes out gun
>I take my personal Google Gun™ approved by the EU
>"please identify yourself before operating the weapon"
>gun camera pick up the terrorist, he's muslim
>gun starts refugee propaganda on me while the guy is killing people
>"your hate crime has been reported to the local authorities"

Disregarding how bad biometric scanners are (they're all shit), this is still a bad idea. A gun is a tool that's meant for split second, life-or-death situations. You do not want to add complexity to a tool. Imagine a fire extinguisher that would use an infrared thermometer to judge the temperature of a fire and eject a corresponding amount of chemicals. Sounds cool right? Except the only thing this does is add another point of failure. There's no downside to spitting out too much; the fire is out or the fire is really out. But if your fire extinguisher judges there is no fire and you're a punk kid, suddenly a small kitchen fire gets out of hand and what would have been a burnt toaster is now a burnt house. Same thing with the gun. You saw a threat and tried to neutralize it, but your gun won't fire. Now the intruder knows your intent (you wanted to kill them) and you're effectively unarmed. What do you think they'll do to you? Lastly this is all irrelevant as ammunition will still be sold in your scenario and people could just 3D print guns without biometrics to fire them.
>but you'll only be able to buy ammunition if you own a biometric gun
Then I'll buy a biometric gun, not use it, 3D print the ACTUAL gun I intend to use, and use that.

When you factor out suicides, death by cop, and gang violence, gun violence claims half as many lives as colon cancer. Your efforts, while noble, would be better spent on trying to get people to get yearly colonoscopies after the age of 30.

Excellent bait, Jow Forumsullible fags fell for it.

>gun control
No thanks.

Attached: gun.jpg (1280x720, 174K)