Try to install win7 via usb

>try to install win7 via usb
>it doesnt recognize 3.0
>brute force an install out of it
>no network or usb drivers
>completly cut off the world

Attached: Windows-7-Professional-Logo.jpg (300x300, 22K)

is there an opportunity to install the usb drivers during install like i can do with raid drivers?

U shouldve tried usb 2.0

Yes, most mobo manufacturers have a patching tool for installation USBs.

>what are cds

cant you like include the drivers with nlite

>try to install decade-old operating system that's about to cease extended support
>bitch and moan that it doesn't support hardware that didn't exist then
Nu-Jow Forums: The Post.

this

>about to cease
Keyword here is "about", there are still 2 more years that MS is obligated to maintain a functional operating system.

You'll need .NET framework and the proper driver. All you can do is copy from a machine with internet. With those 2 files, you can update your graphics driver too, which probably has you at 1024x768 max.

huh? cds? u still use optical shite? really? wow m8 that's so retro & cool 'n shit. i'm a boomer too you see. lets fuck.

Close to 1.5 years. Remember that full support ended in early 2015. Why would you want to install this today?

Attached: 2018-07-16 21_40_28-Window.png (681x95, 6K)

>using a decade old operating system

Attached: 4MOByi-W_400x400.jpg (400x400, 15K)

Because there hasn't been a good iteration of Windows first and I need it for compatibility. And it's irrelevant how long MS has to support it, the endline is that they still abandoned paying (lol) customers.

>grab drivers
>copy install.wim and boot.wim to a blank folder
>make a mount directory
>cmd
>dism /mount-wim /wimfile:C:\sources\boot.wim [index if any] /mountdir [mount directory]
>dism /image:.\[mount folder] /add-driver /driver:.\[drivers folder] /recurse
> dsim /unmount-wim /mountdir:.\[mount directory] /commit
>do the same for Install.wim
>put the wim files back in the Sources folder
>install win7

That's all from memory so there will probably be typos

I know that feel OP, had to install 10 because literally every port on my case/mobo are 3.0

I just used an app to turn off all the bullshit in 10 anyway

That's what you are supposed to do. Check you mobo website, some even have tools for that

HEY GUYS OP IS A BOOMER
HAHAHAHAHA

Getting W7 onto my Ryzen took several days and was incredibly frustrating. None of the easy tools worked for me, they either failed patching or said they worked but then it still wouldn't install.

Eventually I figured out how to do it with NTLite, which took several attempts because I had to include certain files but not others. I don't know how many failed attempts I had.

Use USB 2.0 then. I don't know why you're surprised an OS from 2009 doesn't ship with 3.0 support out of the box, it was hardly common then.

Ryzen never supported 7 in the first place so its no surprise it didn't work easily, but I'm pleased to hear it can still be done.

you can inject the drivers into the iso. same w/ nvme. check google

>install gentoo via usb
>it recognizes it
>drivers work immediately

if you have a ps/2 port, just use a ps/2 keyboard to install the drivers you need to connect to the rest of your devices. there may also be a ps/2 emulation option in your bios. failing that, you will need to include the drivers in the windows installer.

This.

>He doesnt know that the kernel is still updated...

Attached: Capture.jpg (1286x570, 125K)

Lemme guess you got a 2nd gen ryzen

It worked pretty much flawlessly with my r5 1600 doing it via the install CD, just had to use ps2 peripherals temporarily for input

Attached: 1496951644475.png (766x668, 68K)

It's easier to just patch the installer seeing as how you would need to burn a DVD since the USB won't be recognized.

>Ryzen never supported 7
Nope, AMD gave Win8.1 drivers before the release of Win10.
The Win10 drivers are ok till then.

Attached: 1468336137061.png (499x338, 38K)

in my case, the usb installation went fine since my bios had already mounted it, but none of my usb keyboards or mice would work.

Strange, I tried it myself a while ago and, while the installation started off fine, by the time it got to disk partitioning it stopped working.

>completely cut off the world
Sounds like heaven if I'm honest
>tfw a Windows 7 install has a better life than you

Attached: images.png (205x246, 4K)

maybe my flash drive was 3.0

You might need one of these

Attached: 2000px-OD_Compact_disc.svg.png (2000x2000, 1.06M)

You can get programs which feed the ISO in and inject USB 3.0 and NMVE drivers in senpai-a-lam.

install gentoo

>I need it for compatibility
I'm actually just curious, what programs only work with Windows 7 and not 10?

I use Windows 7 to get legitimate Windows 10 keys.

>Install Windows 7
>crack it
>Upgrade to 10 through MS
>they give you a new key, a Windows 10 key
>keep that key for that computer or another, no need to use potentially sketchy Windows 10 cracks

Use ASUS EZ installer, it injects USB3.0 drivers into the installer or create a custom ISO yourself

had the same issue (most ryzen compatible boards don't support win7) just use a ps/2 peripheral and install drivers from disk or put them on the iso.

>what programs only work with Windows 7 and not 10?
I meant that I need Windows in some form for compatibility, and after using 8/10 for 3 years and having it refuse to reactivate after installing a new CPU I finally gave up on post-7 Windows.

Attached: watch_v=1QljJHi7t-o (00_01_31.758) 0002.png (960x720, 662K)

lol just install from a second partition or hdd (copy the iso contents to root of the partition/drive, set Active, boot)

Not him but I'm happily running W7 on my new 2700X machine. Gigabyte's USB3 driver injection tool just werked, though the piece of shit had like zero documentation whatsoever.
Protip: make sure the ISO you're injecting into is the SP1 version, otherwise you may be sol later - you can't run updates because Ryzen, but wufuc apparently fucks up without SP1.

>its no surprise it didn't work easily, but I'm pleased to hear it can still be done.
I'm actually considering getting a Ryzen system because I think that this might be the last platform I'll be able to get W7 on, even though I don't really need the upgrade.

>the endline is that they still abandoned paying (lol) customers.
And? Technology marches on, they aren't obligated to support obsolete products forever. Try walking into an Apple store and asking them to fix your Apple II.

What part about "support up to 2020" do you not understand?

Windows is 30 years old

I be installing win7 pro soon too... or maybe not.. is windows 10 still complete shit.. in regards to it looks like a bunch of squares and skynet trying to assrape my gigahurtz while hoarding everything I type into it.

Yeah it is still like Ripley in Alien 3 on the bed screaming 'kill me' and gets the flamethrower

Won't work in Win7 sadly, you need to use ImageX. Win8 was where ImageX's functions (WIM mounting and unmounting) were rolled into DISM.

Of course, nothing stops you using Win8 (or later) to massage your Win7 WIM.

Put the USB drivers on the install USB, open cmd during install, reboot into the OS and then run from there

I installed a new CPU in my Windows 10 machine and it didn't care at all.

No, it was a 1200. And my MB didn't have a ps2 port.

I think you're the fucking idiot.
AMD is not officially supporting Windows 7, like it or not.

1. PressShift+F10at the dialog where you see the error message in question to bring up a command line console.
2. In the console, typediskpart.exeand press enter.
3. Now type in the following within diskpart:
1. list disk(and make note of the disk number to install Windows to)
2. select disk=0 (where disk 0 is your destination drive, so be careful, all information on this drive will be removed)
3. create partition primary
4. select partition=1
5. active
6. format fs=ntfs quick
7. assign
8. exit
4. Navigate to USB flash drive, for example:cd d:
5. Copy all files from USB drive to C: drive:xcopy d: c: /e /h /k
6. Go to boot folder:cd boot
7. Make your C: drive bootable with following command:
bootsect /nt60 c:
bootsect /nt60 c: /mbr
8. Eject theUSB drive from your computer, and restart
9. Boot back into Windows setup and select “InstallNow”

Inject the drivers at the same time and once you boot into your newly installed Windows, install the drivers.

>install on old pc
>install network drivers
>add teamviewer to startup
>put drive on new pc
>connect from other pc
>install chipset drivers

>install on old pc
>put drive on new pc
Absolutely disgusting. Learn about SID and GUID faggot

>windows 7
Jesus fuck install linux or win10/8.1, why would you use a shittier OS where half the shit is broken?

>why would you use a shittier OS where half the shit is broken?
You mean linux or win10/8.1 then?

>win7

Attached: 1469046580208.png (1296x2048, 1.8M)

Attached: InstallGentoo.jpg (766x690, 161K)

use a 2.0 then

problem solved

no need to complicate things

Retard

literally the 1 (one) good thing about windows 10

t. retard babyduck