Here it is Jow Forums...

Here it is Jow Forums... I just moved to a new town and living less than a mile from the library which offers free WiFi 24/7 and it's a decent quality speed. I can't connect to it from my house with any of my devices standard WiFi adapters. Could I used these to connect my Windows 10 PC to the library WiFi and then set my PC as a mobile hotspot for my Android smartphone and tablet?

Attached: 1000m Outdoor WiFi Rocket + 600Mbps Dual Band WiFi Adapter.jpg (829x501, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

turnpoint.net/wireless/has.html
freeantennas.com/projects/template2/index.html
rchelimenace.wordpress.com/how-to-build-your-own-windsurfer-antenna/
techradar.com/how-to/computing/how-to-turn-your-laptop-into-a-wireless-hotspot-1313788
youtube.com/watch?v=Nk-nj_BwoBE
pcninja.us/turn-your-windows-7-laptop-into-a-wifi-hotspot/
youtu.be/_O4mw0OMukE
youtu.be/rHgxd39Uqx8
amazon.com/dp/B016K0896K
youtube.com/watch?v=QTMi99HtW_k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OP here. I want to use this 600mbps adapter because it's included antenna is suppose to tranceive a much more distant signal than my PC's factory WiFi adapter. Will it work?

I doubt you can get any signal from a mile away and I doubt that adapter can do 600 Mbps. You'd need 4 antennas for that. Most likely they meant 150 Mbps on Wireless N and 433 Mbps on AC. I've seen this kind of math on ebay by chink sellers.

You need to make a cantenna, the link posted has good information, and it's simple and cheap for a DIY project
turnpoint.net/wireless/has.html

freeantennas.com/projects/template2/index.html
rchelimenace.wordpress.com/how-to-build-your-own-windsurfer-antenna/

How to turn your laptop into a hotspot
techradar.com/how-to/computing/how-to-turn-your-laptop-into-a-wireless-hotspot-1313788

Next time, Google it

Re-read OPs question.
>Next time, Google it
Are you the guy that always shows up in forum threads (usually at the top of google results) saying "There are lots of threads about this, use the search. Thread locked." but then when you finally find the search bar you need an account to search so you sign up but then your account needs to be manually verified by an administrator, but obviously it will get rejected because you used a throwaway email?

That would imply I join forums
It's a stupid question that doesn't deserve it's own thread, and would have been solved if brainlet OP would have typed his query into any fucking search engine, let alone Google

It's a stupid question to you. Just because you're well versed in an area that's blatantly obvious to you, doesn't mean it's the same for everyone in the world.

It's an absolute valid question which definitaley deserves it's own thread. Not every thread here has to be a /some-shit-general/

Get a Super USB WiFi Antenna 3 from CCrane. That will definitely connect to the librarys WiFi. As for the external WiFi adapter you want to use as a hotspot/router then hit up a Best buy or Office Depot and ask a tech geek to hook you up with one of theirs. 150n and/or 433ac is good enough to connect your Android phone and tablet to your PC.

Then fucking get guud you fucking pleb
No, this question should have been posted in /sqt/, all this does is shit up the catalog

Do like these Russian niggas

youtube.com/watch?v=Nk-nj_BwoBE

Note that it has shit linux support. It works natively with ubuntu, it needs a driver from github for mint, and anything else, it doesn't work.

t. Guy who has one

What's a cheap WiFi adapter/antenna to get started? I want to use my neighbour connection who lives just across the street

Attached: IMG_20180712_185359.jpg (653x402, 27K)

See

There are YouTube vids showing this and other branded adapters working perfectly fine with Windows XP through 10/Mac OS/Linux/etc.

I see, but I don't have any WiFi adapter other than a really shitty tplink mini dongle without antennas or my phone I guess.

A mile is a stretch and greatly depends on how powerful the antenna at the library is and how clear that 1 mile from the library to your house is. Even with a high gain receiver, it's pretty useless if the transmitter is low powered.

With a clear shot (no big buildings or trees blocking path) and good directional antennas on both ends, a mile is ez pz. Then you could bridge the connection to the other wifi card and setup an adhoc network. Really though, without a powerful antenna at the library the connection, if any, would be unreliable.

Is this a laptop or a desktop?

>download software

Attached: 1531503733911.png (1200x773, 664K)

What, because it's not on GitHub it's shit?

Desktop

Have you considered a pci adapter?

pcninja.us/turn-your-windows-7-laptop-into-a-wifi-hotspot/

>windows 7

To be honest I don't know much about WiFi adapters gain, should I, for instance, get a PCI adapter, make a cantenna and plug that into the default antenna slot?

That's probably the most popular way to do it
>implying that setting isn't in Win10

Yeah OP... Get yourself a Super WiFi 3. I have one installed in my attic connected to a repeater via 90 ft of USB cable(3x30 ft USB extender cables) and I can pull the wifi from over a mile away coming from an RV park. Before haters say 'no f...ing way'. I say yes way. I live in the plains where the land is flat, the trees are few, and the line-of-sight from my house to the RV park is clear and unobstructed. Get a super WiFi 3 op. You won't be dissatisfied.

Is a tplink 881nd decent? its pretty cheap

ABSOLUTELY MAD, why are Russians the embodiment of mad scientist? I mean, look at that Mad Max tier vehicle they use to test the strength of the 'wifi gun'

unrelated Russian jet bike
youtu.be/_O4mw0OMukE

also Russian diy helicopter
youtu.be/rHgxd39Uqx8

the world would be much less interesting without their shenanigans

Get this instead
amazon.com/dp/B016K0896K

They seem to be Ukrainian niggas judging by the plates on their funmobile. (Btw, how fucking lax is inspection in Ukraine if you can something this ridiculous registered?)

Cantenna is for niggers, get a real directional Wi-Fi dish and transceiver.

Attached: ubiquiti_networks_af_5g34_s45_34_dbi_antenna_1135408.jpg (1000x1000, 41K)

youtube.com/watch?v=QTMi99HtW_k
wrong method

The antenna may or may not receive wifi from a mile or 1km away I don't know. As for the adapter... 600mbps is not going to happen. 600 is just the rounded-up number from 583. Because 150 (mbps wireless N) added to 433 (mbps wireless AC) equals 583. Depending on the adapters on your wireless devices you'll connect to either 150N or 433AC

Wait, what exactly is he doing to his phone? He just puts that zigzag cable between the phone and the case? wtf

Op are you aware that these high gain wifi antennas only receive and transmit at Max 150mbps? Plus the adapter you plan to use will be useless/irrelevant/redundant in the 433mbps AC band due to the antenna's 150mbps limit.

thanks friend

OP here... and here it is Jow Forums... I've done the research and if the technology works and isn't a waste of my $ then I can connect my Windows 10 PC and my Android devices (via my PC as a hotspot) to the library's Wifi. The Super USB WiFi Antenna 3 is a little too much out of my price range. I can get the Outdoor WiFi Rocket antenna and the 600mbps adapter both from WISH for a cheap reasonable price. Once again if the tech works and it's not wasted $. I like this adapter because of its high gain antenna that will transceive a signal up to 300 meters. Perfect for roaming around the house and outside without signal loss. So I'm going to order these and see what happens. Free internet... or not.

if you have line of sight, you have a chance.

But without line of sight, you're probably shit out of luck.

Even if you can connect, signal would drop out frequently since the source network is not being directionally broadcast towards you.

If you had directional antennas at both points, THEN you'd probably be able to get something going, but in the current situation I simply dont see it working, or if it does work, it wont work well.

USB adapters are Shit. Pcie are way better.

>Just because you're well versed in an area that's blatantly obvious to you, doesn't mean it's the same for everyone in the world.

Psst, it's called autism, the haughty, grumpy kind Comic Book Guy has in The Simpsons. It's pretty common around here.

Attached: BasicPaleGavial-size_restricted.gif (728x426, 128K)

MIght as well here. I also have a usb adapter, and am thinking about getting a pci express one.
Is there a way to see the speed I am getting on my pc while using a usb wifi adapter to compare it to the pci express one?

>Wah, my shitted up thread catalog....
(You)

Attached: IMG_6116.jpg (300x275, 27K)