Tfw fell for the old thinkpad+arch+i3wm combo

>tfw fell for the old thinkpad+arch+i3wm combo
feels so nice
/blog

Attached: CuRqQt1VYAAblWr.jpg (540x540, 35K)

Don't post my wife without my permission, thanks

Shes a dumb cock sleeve who doesnt care about you, now.go drink my cum out of her pussy

pedo

laptop with i3wm is the best. i tried some desktop garbage but it felt so bad to use. winkey+enter to bring terminal up is how god meant linux to be

best part is not using your mouse. I use vim bindings for FF so I don't have to do shit with my mouse other than captchas. Moving things between workspaces is easy, resizing windows is easy, repositioning windows in floating mode is easy, etc.

But is that much functionality worth being unfuckable?

>I use vim bindings for FF
how

There are plugins for it, Pentadactyl and Vimperator used to be good but the new Firefox is incompatible with them. Just get qutebrowser.

me too opie

Attached: 2018-07-16-194827_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 294K)

>not hiding the address bar
other than that it looks bretty good. Hard to tell if colors work well with background since I can't see it

New FF has a couple plugins that work with it, that's how I'm browsing right now

how do you browse the catalog with those
pic related is my wallpaper

Attached: 2018-07-16-195133_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 280K)

You use hjkl to move up and down and then hitting 'f' assigns a letter combination to all links. E.g. one post will be 'AA' and hitting 'AA' opens it. Hitting 'F' instead will open the link in a new tab. This is obviously configurable tho.

neat, i'll have to try that out

>falling for the classic botnet combo
lmao

page 11

Attached: fug.png (211x246, 11K)

you have no personality

Ew.

Yes

yikes

How do you handle docking/undocking your ThinkPad in i3?

I have a script that runs whenever I restart i3 that checks if a monitor is connected and adjusts the displays. Keybind it to whatever and activate it whenever you dock/undock.

I'm kinda conflicted.
I mean, my main machine/desktop runs Arch with i3wm on a dual screen setup, quite comfy.
My T460 runs Arch and GNOME, and even with all the memes about how shitty that should be, it's quite comfy - especially since I've got 12GiB of RAM that allow me no to worry about overloading stuff.
Plus this is simpler for usage at uni.

My free laptop is a Librebooted snsv C201 ARM Chromebook running Parabola GNU/Linux with i3wm - even though most of the time I'm in the TTY and/or using SSH to access my server (IRC "bouncer" and such).
The server is also running Parabola GNU/Linux and is a Librebooted frankenmachine of hardware from 2008.

All in all, I think I usually use and prefer i3wm the most, but each use case has it's own optimal setup.

Wouldn't be easier to use some sort of event watcher to automatically trigger the script?

Nobody who buys a thinkpad actually uses their brain

Attached: 1355136992305.jpg (768x900, 92K)

>tfw fell for the old thinkpad+gentoo+kde combo

Attached: sher.png (1280x720, 1.06M)

>vertical tabs
Why do people do this?

Autism.

It's the superior method of tabbing.

did this 6 years ago in freshman year of high school when I was using this board more frequently
It was a good time

yeah I didn't found a plugin as good as qutebrowser

qutebrowser is not a plugin dumbo

Attached: 1514419260615.png (383x321, 25K)

Step up your game kiddos... Surfingkeys is the Chuck Norris of Vim motions addons for browsers

Attached: file.gif (189x126, 2.81M)

I literally just run xrandr. It isn't hard and I get to set it up exactly how I want.

It's a forrest, not vertical tabs. Each tab is capable of being a tree and having subtabs below it.

God
I've done that today.

Oh the 2009