Is the toxic Linux community the main reason why commercial software makers ignore Linux?

Is the toxic Linux community the main reason why commercial software makers ignore Linux?

Attached: OPEN SOURCE.gif (413x243, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/article/tesla-starts-to-release-its-cars-open-source-linux-software-code/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes

Attached: torvaldsnvidia-640x424.jpg (640x424, 29K)

No. Companies don't invest in Linux because it has low market share. Linux has a low market share because companies don't invest in it.

No, it's the market share.

The same reason why browsers older than Internet Explorer 11 aren't supported by most websites.

And that's a good thing.

the linux community doesn't really matter to companies that make commercial software - they have professional developers who can build for windows or linux. They don't because of the limited market share.

OP is the reason they avoid Jow Forums.

They perceive it as inconsequential to market share thus not worth the time supporting. Another sink for money and bug reports with not enough patrons to shell out.

Their userbase is already sold windows machines so when software is actively supported on linux it's a pretty sweet deal, even if things like wine work for almost everything these days, its still better to just install and run it like it should be.

Attached: b19b5b4f8ef9dcd8e34c74aad0c8e79b7c7509a3.jpg (410x583, 64K)

Few home users.

Software for professional industry non administrative (computers in labs or offices only) begin decent way in Linux

1. Toxic community filled with fat incel losers
2. Not a single viable distro for mainstream users
3. Women hating incel culture
4. No viable mainstream hardware
5. No driver support

>>Jow Forums4chan

>/thread

lol shooped and wooped

Attached: 1521423692731.jpg (988x1059, 138K)

Linux is a kernel. It's popular as fuck in Android.

based Jow Forumstard

>"toxic community"
Jow Forumsoverwatch called, they want you back.

Here's why:

Linux users are poor and can't afford to spend money on software so there's not a huge maket there.

gne/linux users are very misogynist

And that's a good thing!

What? Therw are loads of commercial applications for Linux
Fuck off Pajeet

At least is not proprietary cucks like you.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 65K)

Linux users won't pay for software. That's it basically.

Linux community isn't really toxic
it's just more open
Also we are the toxic part, not them per se

Attached: 1500844548243.png (222x293, 148K)

I've paid for software though, and I use Linux

Linux sucks

Attached: OS VS CS.jpg (576x764, 84K)

VMware?
If so there isn't much wrong with that desu

Attached: swe.jpg (500x415, 34K)

And other things I like using on Linux. It's great that a lot of the non-business user stuff is no cost but I usually end up paying for things that I use frequently

Well there are programs out here that are open but do cost money.
What programs have you bought?

But tesla runs GNU/Linux.

zdnet.com/article/tesla-starts-to-release-its-cars-open-source-linux-software-code/
Based musk
i wanna get one now desu

Still, I guess motor has its proprietary VVVF.
Not sure, don't own one. And don't want, since I live in area, where someone stole fucking rust bucket Chinese wheels.
And left car sitting only on ONE! brick. New level of niggers

Yeah it will sure have non-free parts.
But considering this is the future we are heading and other companies aren't doing anything about making it FLOSS.
It sure is a good example for a better tomorrow

it's because they're a bunch of commies who don't want to make money.

Most free software sucks when there is no living wages being paid out to the developers. Think of the most popular free software you use often. Most likely it is developed by a company paying them wages. Imagine how much more shitty a web browser would be if there were no paid developers.

The marketshare and how difficult it is to package third party software.

>It sure is a good example for a better tomorrow
Kekd

no fuck off i wont pay you

The reason is that the GNU system plus distributions make for too many variables for closed-source software releases. Look at the shit you need to do:

Windows: One build, maybe two for 32/64-bit. Maybe one more if you still want to support XP or something.

Macs: One build (because you're a fag and you don't care about older OSX versions anyway).

GNU/Linux: At least one variant for each major distro/package manager, taking into account multiple graphical and audio libraries (GTK/QT/wx/pulse/alsa/...), all or none of which may be present, differences in system configuration (initd/systemd/...), and of course users having the freedom to pull the rug out from under you at any time.

So why the fuck would you bother writing commercial software for GNU/Linux? Even if there was ROI to be found, it would always be dwarfed by other platforms.

The problem is literally CHOICE.

This. Topic can close.

Most commercial software is written by pajeets who have panic attacks when confronted with a bash prompt.

There's also enough *good enough* free of cost software on Linux and few enough crippling flaws in the OS that entire classes of Windows applications simply aren't viable as payware on Linux.

>incel
>...
>incel
Spotted the woman.

Yep, and that's open source in general. We aren't going to shoehorn in niggers and trannies to appease some shitty diversity quotas. We aren't going to pay for your abortion or tell you that you're special. There are faggots trying to infiltrate various projects so now we're forking the affected code and maintaining it separately.

t. OpenBSD user who contributes shit every now and then

most of the systems these days is done using browser

don't you mean computing?
Which is technically not a correct term

>unironically using the word toxic
Don't know if bait, but please castrate yourself.

Attached: 1529520949433.jpg (216x346, 15K)

But user there's plenty of commercial software targeting Android, SteamOS and ChromeOS. All of which are commercial Linux distributions.

I think what you're trying to get to is why aren't there any good commercial desktop Linux distributions.

Yes and the lack of direction self masturbatory additudes on to of the broken ass software

Go back to --reddit/--tumblr

>commercial software makers ignore Linux
Google
Oracle
Intel
Dell
Microsoft
Hewlett-Packard
IBM
etc.

Nah. It's 'cause nobody uses it. Its unstable API doesn't help either.