PSA: Buy American Computers

This is it. If you buy chink computers, you are a piece of crap.

>old IBM computers are acceptable too.

Attached: Artboard 1.jpg (1366x768, 291K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2008/09/we_are_all_mercantilists_now.html
forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2011/09/20/the-things-china-buys-from-the-us/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thanks for the blog

>"American" computers made of parts manufactured and assembled in China and Taiwan

>supporting amerikkka
sent from my Raspberry Pi

Attached: Raspberry_Pi_B-_top.jpg (1600x1072, 348K)

"Made in the USA" is generally a mark of higher price and lower quality, because flag-waving retards like you can be counted on to always buy it, even when there are better non-American products on offer.

>apple
>american

What is foxconn(china) mobos/psu's?
What is taiwanese ram/cpus?
What is korean ram/screens?

Apple even have the chinese government half of their source code so the could ship their software on chinese phones which they never allowed our own government.

Dumb reddittard.

You dindu nuffin?

>t.russian shill

>amerikkka
You have to be 18 to post here.
>what is grammar?

Imagine unironically waning to support american business lol.
I say this a citizen of burgerland.

> thelastpsychiatrist.com/2008/09/we_are_all_mercantilists_now.html

Attached: east india flag2.jpg (360x216, 16K)

>He buys the "Made in America" scam
Only a retarded Jow Forumsnigger could have made such a post

>nationalist retard shit
no thanks amerifat

>I say this a citizen of burgerland.
No you aren't.

>Made in China
hmmmm

Irony: "Made In The U.S.A." stickers are not typically made in the U.S.A.

anyone know what options there are for european, australian, or nz computer brands?
vintage is ok too

Attached: 1516327822600.webm (1280x546, 2.83M)

forgot pic

Attached: APC_Nov_85.jpg (1008x1304, 257K)

Attached: 1516327614454.webm (640x360, 1.8M)

Consider this: it is regrettable and not ideal that our options for fully made in USA computers/parts is nonexistent. However, supporting Dell/Apple is miles above supporting Xiaomi etc. The dollars that go abroad do eventually come home to roost, but the dollars spent domestically are even more immediately valuable. Furthermore, American computer companies with manufacturing in China at least have significantly higher standards of production than fully Chinese companies.
tl;dr OP is right, stop buying chink shit. Also I'd be happy to pay a premium for fully made in USA computer equipment. BUY SUPERMICRO

Attached: 1516328373809.webm (251x184, 2.32M)

Attached: 1516328922942.webm (426x240, 2.99M)

no I really rather by a chink computer or phone than a dell or apple one.

t.dumbed down burger

dell is actually the best oem going right now
no apple bullshit
no superfish, etc.
early and often firmware vuln patches

TFW pic related

Attached: 51mUfr7Qh5L._SX466_.jpg (466x328, 29K)

bought a xiaomi redimi 5 plus recently. i'm learning chinese. yesterday i bought a hong kong vpn with a chinese location so i could watch bilibili. i'm glad whenever i see china is screwing america.

The only reason I'd buy Made In Americaâ„¢ is if they aren't made by literal slave labor. When American shit is outsourced to China they are being made by slave labor. American corporations are just as bad, if not worse, than Chinese corporations.

When the 15" MacBook Pro had a frame with hinges attached to it instead of them sensibly being attached to a backplate, so they constantly broke like paperclips.

When the graphics chips were dying on all the Apple computers. Apple was forced to help by a class action lawsuit. How that worked? They put an Apple diagnostic disc into your computer to decide whether they may or may not help you, based on whether the test passes. Of course, it can't work if you don't have a functional graphics chip.

"Unibody" 15" MacBook Pro. Except it was made out of 2 pieces stuck together with adhesive. Not only that, it was so well designed with such build quality, the fan exhausting the heat these MacTurd Pros built up, was positioned to exhaust into the adhesive directly. End result: Computers falling apart everywhere.

A1286 model with the 2850 board, which was failing because the sensors would keep the fans at 1000 RPM when FinalCut Pro was rendering and running a video for 20 minutes straight.

-~2010
iPhone 4 comes out. $600 phone that you could not hold in your hand without dropping a call. Apple is not at fault, it's your fault for not holding the phone correctly on your fucking face!!!

820-2915 board comes out. Throttling the CPU out of the box with no dust, at 70 fahrenheit room temp. A $2000 machine, throttling and functioning worse than a shitty $300 Acer at that time.

Apple TrashCan Pro gets released. 2015 models start having major graphical issues that may cause distorted video, no video, system instability, freezing, restarts, shut downs, or may prevent system start up. AMD's FirePro D500 (high-end model) and D700 (built-to-order) GPUs are affected. Apple launches repair program in Feb 2016...

Apple shitPhone 6 and 6 Plus with the "Touch Disease" due to shitty soldering system of the Touch IC chips.

>pic
theoutline.com/post/5052/apple-admits-its-computers-are-broken?zd=1&zi=rizdy6zs

Apple experience and quality.

I don't agree with this in terms of ethics. I do agree I want the products made in American factories by Americans: but the only way this will even become remotely possible is by providing them with profit to begin with. Also voice your opinion when possible regarding wanting to buy American-made. Part of the issue is that nobody is vocal about it, so companies feel fine moving shit offshore

Attached: 1513966099356.webm (405x720, 2.85M)

Kill yourself chang

It's obviously broken user, just buy a new one :)

I love the American Intel Management Engine!

Not an argument.

why would i want to pay extra for inferior quality crap?
chinese products are the best, OP is a butthurt peasant

>American corporations are just as bad, if not worse, than Chinese corporations.
That's fucking bullshit.

>arguing with a sheep

wake up first

Plenty of people are vocal about it, but when you show them how much bigger the price tag gets to own made-in-the-US stuff, their enthusiasm generally vanishes. This happened to the clothing and textile industry in the middle of the 20th century. Sure, everyone loves the idea of well-treated and fairly-paid American workers. Until you tell them that their $9.99 t-shirt will now cost $39.99 or $49.99.

>agree with my point of view first and we can argue
You were telling him something about waking up?

I'm sure that is true - though I doubt the markup would be that high (sorry if it was just hyperbole). I think it is important to stress to those around us the importance of keeping that manufacturing local and I don't think convincing them it is worth paying more is an impossible task. Just do your best, friend, and I hope you have had an excellent day.

Actually clothes are a special case in which, yes, the markup with easily be that high.

The clothing industry literally migrates around the world from decade to decade, targeting the poorest countries to set up factories in. This isn't even a bad thing, textiles are one of the few industries that any developing nation can afford to invest into, have the skills to get started at good quality, and reap the benefits. By the time the clothing industry leaves, the nation in question has developed enough to move into other things.

The only way America could afford to make clothing at affordable prices would be if someone created a machine that replaced all the workers.

Interesting, thanks for that insight. Let us hope the computer hardware industry does not need to be the same way.

They're working on that, supposedly its advanced enough to sew simple shit like bath towels.

>I think it is important to stress to those around us the importance of keeping that manufacturing local
Why do you think that's important? What's the benefit of autarky? After all, if US consumers or companies spend dollars buying stuff from China, now China has dollars. And what are those good for but to buy stuff from us? Or finance our massive federal deficit.

I see you Xiang.

There are boomers just like you in /o/, pretty much word for word except for cars.

Attached: 1530032018347.jpg (1500x1378, 425K)

>buy stuff from us
This is true, but it is not comparable to what we import from them: forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2011/09/20/the-things-china-buys-from-the-us/

I am glad, for example, that they buy iPhones. But I would prefer if they were buying iPhones made in the USA, and we'd make more money as a result.

I dunno; I'd rather have stuff made here and give an American worker a job. Wouldn't you?

That kind of cringy reactionary boomer think needs to go. The fact is that the 1950s are done and over and many countries can produce far cheaper and superior quality products than Biff from Oklahoma.

A reactionist seeks to preserve a flame rather than prematurely extinguish it. The fact that is a long-held belief does not make it invalid.

>This is true, but it is not comparable to what we import from them
So? Trade deficits literally don't matter.

I'd rather get my product at a lower price. If an American worker makes it, good on him, but if he just wants to sell me something comparable, but says that I should pay more money for it because America, then no, I want no part of it.

>>>/tumblr/

The local manufacturing ship sailed decades ago. The boomers decided they wanted cheaper products more than locally made ones, so manufacturers closed shop and went third world. "Made in USA/Assembled in USA" now just means Pablo played lego with chink-made parts for a minute or two and slapped a label on it.

>The boomers decided they wanted cheaper products more than locally made ones
Thankfully those old pieces of shit are near death now and we can set to work undoing the damage they caused.

>The boomers decided they wanted cheaper products more than locally made ones
That's one of the few rational decisions they made.

>Trade deficits literally don't matter.
As an economic conservative we aren't going to agree on this point.

>So? Trade deficits literally don't matter.

Literally only true if you're an investor.

Which you should be, if you want to build any wealth.

Okay, go leech off society and be rich.

If there's some kind of real class warfare then you WILL die, but damaging society for short term benefit might work long enough for you to die of natural causes.

It's like you think you live in an Italian city-state.

Do not I repeat DO NOT support la creaturas' pathetic attempts at anything tech related, just look no further than micron vs samsung ram - the difference in quality is staggering

You're doing yourself a disservice buying american """"tech""""

>If there's some kind of real class warfare
There won't be. The middle and even lower classes have far too much to lose, compared to 120 years ago.

Like what? iPhones will still exist no matter what happens, user.

There are lots of similarities to today and past economic struggles.

Anyway, enjoy your trade war caused by a guy elected by people who lost their jobs in the rust belt.

Jow Forums is pathetic, and the average american autist is a complete intellectual disgrace

>buying from a foreign country that has things like the cia and nsa in it
try harder, sam

Or you could import Panasonic, VIAO, and NEC computers.

Apple used to be God tier but has been deteriorating rapidly after 2012. HP is garbage and Dell is going with the paper-thin meme too.

Attached: Japanese Windows Floppies.jpg (1024x768, 88K)

Xiang plz.

t. fifty center

>chink shit
free worldwide shipping
>mutt shit
no free worldwide shipping

hm tough one

Attached: 81g21q.jpg (580x580, 239K)

Maybe a Fairphone 2 is the phone you're looking for

>American Computers
You mean Chinese computers that are assembled in the US?

at least the chinks don't pretend their shit isn't made in sweat shops

I don't support America because it isn't Amerikkka.

>chink shit
>25% more expensive than the tag because trump
Tough one indeed

assembled in Mexico*

>buying much more expensive shit of more or less the same quality
>not cutting the middlemen
>giving money to transnationals that resell chinese shit
>giving money to transnationals that barely even pay taxes elsewhere in the world
>indirectly giving money to the US government, the same government that no matter the political party, doesn't give a shit about the most basic human rights, sovereignty, self-determination, etc.
>indirectly giving money to US politicians, military forces and intelligence agencies
>indirectly supporting israel and US jews
>not supporting a multipolar world
yeah, no. fuck you, amerifat, go shart in your mart, you fucking waste of oxygen. just kys.

nice read, thanks for posting

iTT: europoors and pajeets who don't have a choice of buying personal computers designed in their home country because there are none

Chinese computers are superior to your overpriced pieces of shit.

>b-but the chinese are spying on you

No nigga, the Chinese are not spying on me. The Chinese don't concern themselves with insignificant people like you an me.

sizzle sizzle

>dell
too expensive and shitty customer service

>apple
expensive

>buy (((American)))
No thanks, shit quality and full of backdoors.