/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone Guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread: → #

Attached: received_2238978222783660.jpg (564x789, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

canpicker.com/
fromjapan.co.jp/en/auction/yahoo/input/m265147777
audiocheck.net/audiotests_frequencycheckhigh.php
amazon.co.uk/Bose-QuietComfort-Around-Ear-Cancelling-Headphones/dp/B00VW7U8X4
teac.com/product/ha-501/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Prime day is today. Is this a good deal for meme50x?

Attached: Screenshot_20180716-232013.png (1080x1920, 360K)

People told you no last time

I need a mic to go with my headset, any recommendations for one that is less than $50 and isnt a piece of shit? Would USB mics be better or worse, noticeably, than one that goes into the mic jack on my PC?

Etymotic and microphonics name a new iconic duo. Fuck that shit man.

Then what pair of headphones is better that is over ear, closed back, and is a max cost of $200?

>canpicker.com/

Buy Schiit. For William.

I have a question, probably belonging to sqt, but related to headphones - one side of the headphone stops working due to fucked 3.5mm jack or wire that connects to it (it works only at cetain angles). I get it replaced by a electronics repair service and afterwards the frequency response or outright gain (or both) is different on separate sides.
When my other pair did the same thing, i went to a really high end repair shop and said that price doesn't matter, but i needed a good repair. They said i shouldn't worry, but the same fucking thing happened, though they didn't charge much.

Why? Is it a resistance caused by solder amount? Can this shit be avoided? I remember doing the same fucking thing in my father's workshop as a kid, and it worked fine, but now i'm at uni and can't do it. It's really important to me since i produce music and while gain problem can be tweaked, mixing a track is a nightmare with problems like different frequency response.

>inb4 buy new headphones
I got these high end phillips ones as a gift, but am a poorfag

Attached: 20180624_173755.jpg (4160x3120, 2.61M)

Jow Forums I have had my second pair of MDR-XB50AP earbuds break in as many years, with the same problems after about a year of use that I think is caused by the L-shaped jack stress relief failing
>sound starts cutting
>phone screen turns on randomly
>volume jumps around

I really like these because they provide extra bass, have microphone with play/pause button and are super cheap (under $10 on eBay) but now that it's happened twice I don't think I should get them again. Maybe I should get bluetooth ones to avoid stress relief failure? Any suggestions of a bluetooth earbud with standard earbud shape with microphone, play/pause, maybe even volume control?

Attached: 41AYkWRnlQL._SX466_[1].jpg (466x459, 14K)

My AKG Y20's have started to create a really odd scratching noise in the left earbud when I move around, and the meshes on the buds fell out long ago. Sad to say but I think I have to retire these venerable earbuds.
What earbuds do you guys recommend that are $30 or less that won't break if you look at them wrong?

Do people around here not like the DT770s or something? Unless you are a complete twat, you will probably love them.

V moda boom pro by far.

I've never own or even listened to a pair of "audiophile quality" headphones. What I'm using right now is an old pair of crappy apple earpods.

WILLIAM THE SON OF SCHIIT SHILL HAS BEEN CURSED

BUY SCHIIT

Attached: 1531708837468[1].jpg (613x595, 352K)

based

If you like using your headphones as speakers then yeah, DT770 are better. Of no then take the M50X. People have autism really

I think people here must hate them. I absolutely adore them. Probably the best sub-$200 headphone out there. Infinitely better than the M50s. Much more even mid range, much larger soundstage, more comfortable, etc.

Attached: Beyerdynamic_DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm_All_-_-_HDM-X_-_90_20-20k_-_fr_impedance.png (620x369, 107K)

upgrading jvc harx700 to audio-technica ATH-M40x. what am i in for?

M50s by comparison. Recessed upper mid range, recessed lower mid range. Makes their mids overall sound like they're set waaaaaay back.

Attached: Audio-Technica_ATH-M50x_All_-_-_HDM-X_-_90_20-20k_-_fr_impedance.png (620x369, 106K)

What are some good headphones from Sennheiser in the HD400-500 zone? I don't want to wake up with Sennheiser's retarded little cousin by getting say 419 instead of 415.

How much do open headphones leak sound? I live in a house with other people, most of the time they aren't in the room where I stay in except for at night. Would the sound be annoying for them even if they are far from my room?

Attached: 06756AB2-84E8-460F-B009-D26044BD3963.jpg (4032x3024, 2.87M)

I want to lick her legs.

ya slippin

What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1529937026358.png (1280x960, 1.64M)

Attached: 3DB34CBC-2F8D-467F-A0CC-363C5AE7ABC0.jpg (2613x4017, 2.2M)

What's the best Earbuds for under €100? Need something for the train.

Gonna pick up reserved open-box deal Focal Clears today after work, I’m getting quite hyped. Already loved them even with the hifi store setup using ultra-shrill Hugo 2, so I can only imagine how good they are with a more tonally balanced DAC/amp.

Idiot, should have bought Stax instead of Memear.

>AKG "headphones"
>grados "headphones"
>ultrasone "headphones"
>beyerdynamic "headphones"
>"hd800s"

Post more headphones for 60 year old boomers with hearing loss

Attached: 1445385171078.jpg (179x170, 10K)

How much should one normal person consider spending for a good pair of headphones without falling in this excessive consumerism vortex I see so many people (even from this general) falling into? Where's the line that should tell people "Hey, you're spending too much for a pair of headphones"?

anything above 600/650.
the world of diminishing returns hit there HARD.

Attached: 89BC61C9-B4F7-495D-80AF-F0ABAB24E00E.jpg (3024x2324, 1.74M)

why do we have two /hpg/ threads?

new trend

And they even use the same OP pic -_-

jannys will prune one soon enough

hey fags

please post in the most popular thread instead and let this one die

Attached: 1521073767315.jpg (1061x1488, 263K)

Cute yoshiko. I'll follow.

I thought this was most popular thread?

I like how the old people have the most to say about audiophlic quality of various hardware, when they're unable to hear even half of what a young person can, lmao. Audiophile voodoo is real.

Try a lowpass filter at 14kHz (or just resample to 28kHz). That's a typical cutoff for someone on their 60s. It's not that bad.
>half of what a young person
Way more than half. Unless the young person's age is like one digit.
Little kids can even hear ~30Khz.

My max hearing frequency now is 16300Hz, at 33 years old. I did the audacity test when I was mid 20s and could hear 18k. Feels batman.
I tested my nephew and the cut off for him was at around 21k

"half was" for comedic effect. Nonetheless they can't hear as much and probably not as much details in mid range either. So it might actually add up to half, who knows.

nice price
fromjapan.co.jp/en/auction/yahoo/input/m265147777

Attached: 640x480-2018071400221.jpg (640x480, 32K)

>Budget
under 100 € if possible
>Location
Europe - Croatia
>Source
N/A
>Type of headphone
It's mostly going to be used for music/movies
>Open or closed
I don't have a clue what does that mean
>Comfort level
As comfortable as possible as I'm going to use them a lot while I work
>Sound signature
What the heck?
>Past headphones
Some cheap samsung crap for running.

I know I didn't provide as much details as needed but I never had "good" headphones.

...for now

I'm doing better than you, at 34 I can do 18KHz.
>Feels batman.
Yeah, it does. I remember doing 22+ kHz no problem at 20.
>Nonetheless they can't hear as much and probably not as much details in mid range either.
My understanding is that you get lowpassed and that's it. Additional hearing loss is possible at lower freqs but AIUI it has to do with other sources of damage than aging.

>My understanding is that you get lowpassed and that's it
I don't think that's true though. The little hairs that are receptive to sound are getting damaged with time. The low frequency ones are sturdier, so probability of them being damaged is lesser, but they can be damaged anyway by certain sounds.

18k at 34 is really good. But are you really hearing it clear and loud or are you just imagining you're hearing it? Because you can easily fall for the trap of imagining it. Also hardware and source plays a role too. I use "generate" sinusoidal tone in audacity at certain frequencies. But if you're really hearing it - congrats. Cherish it. I probably lost some working with chainsaw and similar stuff.

42yo ... 17kHz
audiocheck.net/audiotests_frequencycheckhigh.php

Genelec 8010 monitors

Umi looks so intimidating.

How do I make my shitty phone sound good for under $220 Including a pair of headphones?

Clear, yes. But the volume needs to be quite high.
>working with chainsaw
Ow.

I'd lick her feet.

can someone convince me not to get these headphones

I had them a few years ago and have great memories of them but I'm scared now that I've experienced better audio they will sound like shit .

I'm looking for the opposite of a flat sound because the headphones I have now are a bit boring. would you guys recommend some other headphones over these in the same price range ($80) otherwise I'm buying because I loved them

Attached: images (6).jpg (384x384, 14K)

dont have any headphones

amazon.co.uk/Bose-QuietComfort-Around-Ear-Cancelling-Headphones/dp/B00VW7U8X4

is this worth it for the price? seems like an oldie but goldie

Anyone here who's used the Teac HA-501 ?

teac.com/product/ha-501/

Attached: ha-501-b_p_user.jpg (640x241, 39K)

>But the volume needs to be quite high.
watch out not to damage the remains of your high frequency hearing, lol

where tf are u finding those for $10

what happened to the old ones? Are they sturdy? I have fallen for them meme of panasonics htf600, recommended by noobs on Jow Forums. Their build quality is atrocious.

it's not an audiophile headphone, so don't expect any of the crazy good sound quality they we talk of here.

however, it's a BOSE QC25 is a good comprimise between wireless, comfort, ANC and budget, if hi fidelty isn't that important to you, then you shouldn't be disapointed

the build quality was actually really great for the price. they felt more sturdy than the sennheisers I have now that are triple the price . they were also comfier ok I'm getting them again I love them

but what happened to the old ones...

the cable broke, only one ear was working

just fix it. It's like 15 minutes of work

boutta pull the trigger on some oneplus bullets wireless

convince me not to