Why is python such garbage?

Why is python such garbage?
A friend needed help with some python script, and it was a reminder for me that python is even below pajeet level.
Discuss

Attached: 1_PPIp7twJJUknfohZqtL8pQ.png (601x203, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.python.org/3/search.html?q=data version
docs.python.org/3/library/sys.html#sys.version_info
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>he can't into a programming language even as simple and forgiving as python and butthurt enough to shitpost about it on Jow Forums

Good thing there are a million and one scripting languages to choose from.

You had trouble writing pseudo code and throwing a .py extension on the end?

>Python is shit tier programming language
Would you like to share with us why you think it?

fuck all the retards in this thread, python is ass and im glad someone else recognizes it

Any logic to back that up or...

Python is definitely complete garbage. Spend 3 hours trying to figure out which versions you are using and how to install some garbage module. Could write the whole program in c++ in that time, and it will be faster.

which python
pip install

If that took you 3 hours... Maybe you should revisit your choice in computer science.

>inb4 some meme like haskell or go

it took me 3 hours to think about what can I answer to you, hence your opinion doesn't matter

Python is great.
/thread

python nice for small scripts but really anything more complex than a single view app and i reach for something else

FOSS Visual Basic is fine as long as you have good third party modules or treat it as the advanced text whacker it is.

Attached: 1316401836575.jpg (182x183, 7K)

>open terminal
>type 'python'
>returns "python x.x"

Lmao what were you even doing?

this thread is ridiculous
all the non-programmers congregate on a python thread again.

as if it needs installing
it is intrinsic to linux

These. It's more forgiving than JS. Just don't make any syntax errors ans you're good to go

No it's not. The only thing more forgiving than JS is PHP. Both are trash.

Attached: astolfo_a_lewd.jpg (800x1135, 168K)

>doesn't know the language he's using
>cannot look up the documentation
docs.python.org/3/search.html?q=data version
docs.python.org/3/library/sys.html#sys.version_info
>it is the language's fault
Programming isn't for you.

I sympathize. I have to work on a system that has three versions of python installed; 3.3, 2.7 and 2.6. All are needed because of compatibility with libs or something. Its a nightmare.

Also python in general is just very unpleasant to read and work with. Any language that doesn't have type information easily visible in the code is much harder to parse.

>Oh hey a function, what does it take as argumetns? What does it return?

Pythonfags will tell you that this is a problem documentation should solve. The keyword is 'should'. Good languages enforce the correct solution to such problems. Also I just got started on some work where I have to retroactively write unit tests for a fuck load of code.

Dear god python's unittest and mock libs or modules or whatever are fucking indecipherable and the python documentation is so trash. 5000000 words and most of them useless. And so many ugly and annoying concepts. Fuck your decorators and other dumb shit. Fuck Python.

Pip shits itself about 50% of times I try to install something due to some autistic dependencies.

Python would be decent if the module system wasn't so shit (if you never had any problems with it, you didn't actually program in Python). And static typing would be so much better. At least now there are type annotations, which are mandatory in any codebase I work on, but older libraries never bothered to add them. And apparently Python programmers also don't know what an enum is, so expect lots pf "stringly typed" code in large libraries, e.g. almost every sklearn estimator expects some string parameter out of some list instead of doing it in a sane way.
And if someone uses the words "pythonic" or "unpythonic" in their answer to any question, you can be about 90% sure that the answer is worthless.

The anons ITT complaining about how difficult or frustrating Python is are in the wrong field of business.

>take 4 year CS degree
>learn about C, C++, memory management, OO
>leave uni and attack people for using python because it undermines all the work you did learning boomer shit no one cares about

/dpg/ in a nutshell.

Throw in the latest meme language whose use is relegated to hobbyists, vanity or POC projects in big companies for middle managers looking to get promoted using new tech, and bored academics and you have 95% of the programming content on this board.

>because it undermines all the work
t. glue code writer, leeching off real programmer's libraries.

How do I into python? It's just too high level for me. I understand C++. Nice and low level where it does what you say it should do, but python is an entirely different beast.

Easy
>Want to do X
>90% chance it's already in the stdlib
>if not then check pypy
>done

Work smart, not hard

Attached: 1499661286575.jpg (752x720, 99K)

What makes you think I can't into python? It's just ugly, primitive and doesn't have the elegance of C or Haskell

python's syntax is disgusting
I like how flexible it is, but I'd rather use a C style language, what are my options?

Python is shit. Everytime I want to write some one use throwaway garbage I do it in C. I know what you're thinking and yes, I implement my own everything like real programmer does. Sorting functions, requests libraries you name it. Then when it's done I triple check if I commented everything what needs commenting and ensure that overall look of the code is pleasant for an eye and easy to read. After couple of hours I finally can start my masterpiece to fucking I don't know. Read website's names from txt file and save robots.

After that I go to my bed and masturbate with both hands while thinking about all those peasant python ""'programmes""" who finished exactly the same thing 7 minutes after they started.

What?

C++ you're manipulating a machine and memory
Python you're just manipulating data

I could literally write a Python script that does that in 4 or 5 lines. You're autistic.

You are right.

Not him, but: Everything is mutable and a runtime property. I'm not talking about dynamic type checks, but literally most other things. If I wanted a command language that was fine, but for a scripting language it isn't. If you disagree, lrn2languagedesign.

>I know what good languages are better than the millions using it
*tips fedora*

Whoosh

>I know what good languages are better than the millions using PHP
Is that what you are implying, user? The unwashed masses can't into langdesign, 99.9999999% of all plebgrammers is guaranteed to judge the language by its syntax.

> be mongoloid
> touch keyboard
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

in other news, op is gay