B-BUT YOU JUST NEED COMMON SENSE!!!!!

>B-BUT YOU JUST NEED COMMON SENSE!!!!!
just clicked a link to wikia and got this
roll over, freetards

Attached: vis.png (589x416, 18K)

freetards don't use antivirus because of lunix you mong

See Freetards win again. OP is a retarded homosexual who likes the cock.

>using windows
why?

Disable JavaScript retard

>using lunix
why?

Saying you can't get infected unless you open picture.exe is a dumb meme.

The secret lies on installing updates, blocking ads and disabling flash, which is moot since it's dead.

Also, install Gentoo.

>roll over, freetards
We use linux wincuck. We can click on whatever we want.

Sorry guys, I work for a living banging hoes at night, aight got time for some hipster shit.

i have ublock
yeah and have no software lol

>Clicked random wikia links
>"HUUUUURRR, checkmate!"

Attached: 1428933781092.png (683x623, 316K)

>which is moot
who?

this happens regardless of what wikia i go to
i can go to the poop wiki and i get it every time

>he doesn't use pfsense and have the router firewall protect him

I don't need anti-virus when it's impossible to the to my computer in the first place,

Attached: streamers.webm (960x540, 1.25M)

>JUST USE COMMON SENSE
>Ok, I will go to a popular trusted site
>*gets virus*

LOL

Yeah I've had malware hijack one particular site when clicking a result from google. It doesn't warrant a 3rd party virus scanner + browser plugin though.

you work for a living banging hoes, and question the way other anons stay virus free?
enjoy your aids

>doesn't know he can hover over links to see the URL

so your av sees the code and flags it, your cpu doesnt actually execute it though

i deliberately went to wikia

Common sense would imply that you use a Blocker and malware detector when browsing the web.

Attached: 1456781702991.jpg (378x485, 98K)

linux has plenty of software

Attached: 1525367706480.jpg (600x800, 55K)

That's not common sense, that's trusting somebody else's common sense.

>Wikia
>Trusted
Yeah, maybe 5 years ago.

> I work for a living banging hoes at night
> aight got time for some hipster shit.
> Posting on Jow Forums
AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
nice try kiddo

Dude, no one cares what you do with your mom in your free time.

Literally haven't used antivirus in years but once every few full moons I run a check with fucking malwarebytes and all it finds is fucking cheatengine

So yeah
OP ur a faget

Why aren't you using a script blocker?

why are you reposting this shit, UMA?

what if i was using a script blocker but i allowed scripts since "common sense" means i should have no reason to suspect wikia?

common sense says that viruses aren't real
avast randomly poped this up because they don't want you to uninstall avast
because then they couldn't datamine you

Attached: 1496365935726.jpg (615x861, 128K)

>open all ports
>looks, it's blocking all malicious connections, AV is helpful
I also have to ask if this "JS Downloader" can actually do shit.

Actually, security is pretty important on Linux. There are a lot of powerful, non-bloat tools that can help you keep your system secure.

/f/ is alive thank you very much

Install Gentoo.

Your dad left because I fuck him better.

what a degenerate

>We use linux
I believe you

what software you're missing in linux?
oh, what is it? you miss latest tripleA games?
oh noes...

inb4 anything adobe
there's alternatives if you're not professional or WINE

kys faggot

three steps of common sense
>ublock origin
>modified hosts file
>linux

>here are a lot of powerful, non-bloat tools that can help you keep your system secure.
You mind listing some, besides SELinux? I'm interested.

It's a literal false positive. I checked the source.

Sorry we like using software that doesn't require you to constantly debug the source code to stop it from crashing 24/7

Congratulations, OP, you've found a false positive and have further disproven your point

>Generic JS
>Browser "protection"
oh lawdy

then you don't have common sense

post the link

>allowing javascript by default
You don't know what common sense is when it comes to computers

use noscript you mongoloid

>wikia
>common sense

>noscript
do people actually prefer this over umatrix or even ubo in advanced mode? I hate noscripts UI.

i tried umatrix but spent more time configuring it then browsing the web

noice, got more?

Probably just a heuristic false positive.

Ok, so you're just showing your incompetence? I only need to allow a few things on certain sites and save the setting once. It's definitely worth it for faster page loading and security.

Linux will always be some hipster shit.

is that paint or milk

>Not using Windows Defender

>opens website
>unexpected program gets downloaded
>move to trash
>empty trash
WOW, I TOTALLY NEED AN ANTI VIRUS PROGRAM!!!!!!!

>uninstall avast
>pc gets twice as fast

unironically even w10 defender is better than avast

>which is moot
Who the fuck is moot?

But user, common sense also involves using a script blocker.

see

But that's not common sense. Common sense is loading the page, checking the scripts and then whitelisting the ones that are harmless. Sure, it's tedious and annoying, but after a while it becomes second nature. That, or you'll have all of the sites that you visit setup and not have to worry about it anymore.

Wikia is ad/malware ridden shit that thrives on stolen content. I hope you're not going there for a game, because chances are whatever game it is has a far superior community run wiki.

>not knowing what looks shady
Its not hard

i know that wikia is a popular site that people use with no issue, yet here it is infecting people
i thought the point of common sense was that only www.boobycam.online and chop_suey_120kpbs.mp3.exe could infect you? but then you go to sourceforge and get a virus
hmmm... looks like freetards are #BTFO

holy fuck thats hot

Attached: 1512198046287.jpg (916x963, 445K)

I don't use wikia but you should never trust a site all the time. Even the most reputable sites can get compromised by a hacker or something. Which is why I always block js. Its common knowledge that people get viruses from allowing scripts to execute when browsing the web. Its another thing to download an exe and execute it yourself.

There are free anti malware dip shit. Ever heard of ClamAV, RKhunter or Sophos anti malware? They're free and avaliable for Linux as well. Don't be a retard and not use an AV because 'Durr Linux'. Freetards win in Anti Malware as well as OS, OP

It depends entirely on how retarded you are. Sincerely. I've been using literally nothing more than MalwareBytes Anti-malware and CCleaner as Windows utilities. Run MBAM one a day if you're paranoid. Been a decade since I've had any sort of anything.

>running js and no content blockers on a non-HTTPS site
Literally asking for it.

noscript and umatrix serve different purposes.

What did he mean by this?

milk

Well, clamav can be useful to ensure your system is clean, mainly so you aren't accidentally spreading viruses to all the Windows computers you interact with.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (640x330, 28K)

Only on Microsoft Windows (TM)

Not when it comes to blocking scripts, which is what were talking about.

we are talking about security, not simply about "blocking scripts". umatrix isn't security-orientated, noscript is

>umatrix isn't security-orientated
Now I know you're trolling

If a hacker installs itself onto your windows and you dont know it, how do you know it occurred?

CCleaner is literally malware.

Use something open source like BleachBit

Attached: (You).png (669x514, 25K)

Common sense includes uBlock Origin and usually Linux too.

>the virgin xkcd
>the chad icanbarelydraw

>CCleaner is literally malware.
How so? I've been hearing this a lot here lately

It's installer was infected twice.
It's proprietary and has access to your system and an internet access.

Can uBlock origin be used on mobile (android)?

I would love to not see these god damn Jow Forums ads anymore

So you get Bonzi Buddy and AIDS at the same time. Good.

Someone spell out for me what this "threat" actually was. Did it block an HTTP request to a particular .js file? To an HTML page referencing that file? To a domain known at one time or another to have contained that file?

If the file had loaded, what would it have done? From its name I assume it would have tried to download something, maybe a malicious binary- how exactly would it have delivered that file? Just presented it as a normal browser download? Used some dark UI patterns to try to trick you into running it? Was it trying to use some Chrome/Firefox 0day to run the binary without user intervention?

I really need a concrete explanation of what was actually happening, otherwise it's very hard to take these AV tools seriously.

My Internet app doesn't even show the ads. Do you use Chrome?

False alert you only get infected after opening an executable and give administrative permissions

I know this is somewhat besides the point, but most malware doesn't need or want admin anymore. Ransomware just needs access to your user dir; no reason for it to do anything that would put up a UAC prompt and bring attention to itself.

>windows
>avast
>enabling javascript
this is a joke, right?

Avast is free tho

Yea im using chrome

Get your facts straight, fosshub installer was infected the official download from priform wasn't

You want it to be milk, don't you?

>umatrix isn't security-orientated, noscript is
this was barely true a few years ago and almost isn't true today, many of the features noscript used to have were either never ported over to webext or they became common place on browsers meaning the only 'security' feature noscript provides now that umatrix doesn't have or doesn't do better is xss protection, but 'better' xss protection came with the release of firefox 57 anyway
before webext there was a legitimate reason to use both noscript and umatrix although the common setup was to put noscript into allow all scripts mode and let umatrix do the blocking (because it is objectively better at blocking scripts) and keep noscript for the other benefits it provided, and even after webext the extra xss protection is nice, but asides from that there is literally no reason to be using noscript exclusively over umatrix

if security is your primary concern though why the fuck are you using firefox over chrome? firefox only got process sandboxing a few releases ago