Sister asks me to check why her new laptop isn't working

>sister asks me to check why her new laptop isn't working
>it's working, it just has freedos installed
>she wants windows 10
>i check the specifications of her laptop
>the machine is too underpowered for windows 10 but that's the only windows that can be installed
>i remember that she uses only browser and office
>mfw i get the chance to evangelize linux
>i recommend her linux while giving reasons like: more lightweight, update when you want, no viruses, easy to use, etc.
>"no, i want a normal computer"
>ok bitch
>i install windows 10
>mfw i don't install graphics drivers
>mfw i turn off fast startup
>mfw i turn off auto-defrag
>mfw i leave edge as the only browser
>mfw i don't install anti-virus
can't wait for her to come and beg me to install linux for her (she would anyway, i just sped up the process)

Attached: 1507675196280.png (883x1024, 105K)

>mfw i turn off auto-defrag
you fucked up

Is your sister attractive? If she is she can find another beta nerd to do it for her.

No, she'll come to you and tell you that you broke her computer.
Nice going retard, you could've just told her to buy a better laptop.

how so? windows 10 run like shit even when it was just installed (to give you an idea, ~5s to open start menu). just imagine how it will after one month with automatic defragmentation turned off

Fake as shit because no normy buys a laptop that doesn't already have windows and no manufacturer sells a laptop with fucking FreeDOS on it.

Pic of sisters feet?

>"nah user, it's okay. i just want windows ^-^"
>fucking bitch rejects linux i will fuck her computer up

>FreeDOS
HP has the option, actually.

Yes this is fake. But there are laptops with freedos to buy. And normies buy what is cheaper.

>Is your sister attractive?
yes i'd say she is but not too much
>If she is she can find another beta nerd to do it for her.
lol she said she'll find someone else if i can't do it for her but i doubt they'll be able to do something to stop what i just sped up (i.e. win 10 fucking up her computer)

Just what are the specs exactly? What CPU and how much ram?

She didn't buy, she got it for free because she won some contest or something like that. I'm from eastern europe and a lot of laptops come with either linux or freedos here to lower the price of a laptop (we're poor, you know).

Yeah, it is the HP laptop.
can't remember exactly, but i think it was amd cpu. 4gb of ram (windows 10 consumed around 900mb when idle)

Nothing that has 4gigs of RAM and a cpu is too underpowered for windows 10, retard

I already said this, but I'll say it again: she won the laptop, didn't buy it.

Why FreeDOS and not something else...?

>new laptop
>it just has freedos installed
>too underpowered for windows 10
>that's the only windows that can be installed

Attached: 1508548072118.png (680x680, 309K)

>and a cpu
every PC has a cpu
>4gigs of RAM
it's not enough, the laptop i'm writing this on had windows 10 installed for a year. guess how much ram it consumed after one year when idle? 1.5 gb. and it run like utter shit. my arch+i3 setup that i use now is much more smoother and lightweight

don't know. faster to install i guess

It's not so bad spec, there's a lot of laptops with an Atom-derivative Pentium N CPUs and W10.

Attached: 90691639715DC390861449BAAF93357F-2.jpg (1000x580, 71K)

This... No doubt OP is a fag

for me they're scat, asmr, necro, pedo, beast, snuff and feet
the most disgusting and wrong fetishes in existence
inb4 insane fetishists trying to defend their vomit-inducing fetishes

Attached: pepsi barf small.webm (1280x720, 1.94M)

i disagree with your opinion

she has prejudices about linux like that is only for experts or has no software and she doesn't want to give it a chance because of that. just lol @ that this is coming from someone who criticizes me for not being open minded towards gays

>sister goes for help to her nigger bf
>bf installs win10 without sabotaging and every telemetry enabled
>bf fucks your sister
>Microsoft engineers fap to your sister as watching her through her laptop's webcam

There is literally nothing wrong with being a pedophile.

RMS approves.

Attached: rms-pedo.jpg (850x400, 91K)

Unused ram is wasted ram, how many fucking times does it have to be said? Right now I have firefox running with gorillion tabs and doing shit on a heavy ide on an ancient t420 with w10 and an ssd. I'm on 80 something % ram usage and it's all smooth as shit. His point was, if it has 4gb of ram, the cpu is modern and should be good enough.

Listen: my friend dualboots Windows 10 and Linux Mint Xfce. His laptop is very similiar to my sister's laptop. Guess which one is 3 times faster and uses 3 times less ram then the other one?

>We're poor
And you decide to sabotage her laptop?

>vomit
That's a fetish too

WTF? I love Linux now!

>tfw you OS doesn't need a huge chunk of RAM to preload programs and everything is smoother than on the OS that does

Attached: tuxenjoys.jpg (1378x1378, 70K)

>4gb of ram (windows 10 consumed around 900mb when idle)
i wish thats the case
windows 10 consumes 2gb ram when idle on my 4gb ram laptop

Have you tried showing her elementaryOS? It's pretty, has good UX (i.e. it's intuitive) and has Ubuntu's software. Also isn't that heavy. At least felt faster than vanilla (unity) Ubuntu when I tried it.

*GNU/Linux

>easter eu
>not fucking your sister

oh boy

never gonna make it

Attached: gallery-1513780499-doctor-evil-mike-myers-austin-powers.jpg (980x416, 40K)

>no manufacturer sells a laptop with fucking FreeDOS on it
Are you retarded? A lot of them sell laptops with freeDOS and Linux, at least half of cheaper laptops have the 2.

As a beta nerd who fixed a lot of stuff for pretty girls I can confirm.

Install gentoo

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1531826154268.png (241x234, 91K)

All of those are things I was first exposed to on Jow Forums. Except asmr.

>yfw she never comes back and enjoy being a proprietary slave like 99.9% of regular users are

Attached: 1270964341793.jpg (455x610, 60K)

nah i'm not a fan of pantheon. xfce is lighter and in my opinion better
i was planning to install antergos with xfce (never used, but i know arch is awesome and since antergos = arch for noobs, antergos should be awesome too). i'd go with xfce because it's lightweight, feature-rich and customizable

doubt it. windows 10 is soon to become living hell for her new pc.
>"user, my laptop is so slow! please fix it."
>i told you your laptop is too weak to handle windows 10, why don't you try out linux?
>"ok, i'll give it a shot"

then you fug?

not before marriage

Based and vargpilled, but wangblows have antivirus by default.

Attached: rmsinjured.jpg (2048x1536, 574K)

That's the reality as teenagers fuck each other and send nudes here and there, but that's not pedo.

My mother's boyfriend asked me to install him Ubuntu (Linux), he has a shit laptop and W10 was consuming all it's resources. I installed him Fedora + KDE, so far I haven't hear any complaing,except the other day he asked me to install minecraft.

Attached: 1531718496319.png (1280x1280, 902K)

Minecraft is in the snaps repository, add snaps and use the software center.

I downloaded the java executable.

maybe she just wanted to have thumbnails on her file picker?

Attached: 1528754708054.png (500x500, 109K)

Same thing

>install Linux Mint with a Windows 10 theme
>install Chrome and configure desktop shortcuts to online MS Office
>they never know the difference
I've done this three times for tech illiterate boomers and haven't heard a damn thing.

Attached: 1529449708797.gif (500x281, 552K)

>Unused ram is wasted ram, how many fucking times does it have to be said?
Enough for you dumb fucks to realize this only applies to proper operating systems that cache a lot of stuff. Not fucking windows. In Windows wasted ram is wasted ram because Currysoft has a deep crush for all sorts of bloated pajeetware

and what if the want to install Cleaner.Pro.2019.Makesyourcomputerfaster.anddowloandsmoreram.exe?

You're an asshole, you know that?

Attached: b466db18971306b328822d9bf314a574.jpg (564x564, 57K)

What are the laptop's specs?

Normalfag

>cute slav sister
Post pics please I want a cute slav gf so bad hnnng

what happened to him

>I want to evangelize a homie
>process to install arch fork

Man, elementary is the most normie friendly distro, looks good and have a OSX vibe that will blind the rest of the problems the the os have.

it does but i heard it's shit
but really don't know since i don't use windows

Attached: windows-defender.gif (256x320, 3.93M)

i can rice xfce better than pantheon
xfce >>> pantheon
and yeah, there's nothing wrong with noob-friendly arch forks

My gf uses Xubuntu (slight UI tweaks), she says it's better than Windows 7 which she used. She even used GIMP at one point when she didn't know what else to use instead of paint.exe, she actually likes it.

No it isn't. It's DE is insanely restrictive, even worse than GNOME. Xfce is THE most normie DE once they release 4.14 which has no tearing.

> implying normalfags can into ricing or even care
I love Xfce but honestly if I'm giving it to someone who doesn't know better I'd go with eOS or Mint with Cinnamon.

>ricing
Nobody cares. GNOME based distros make it impossible (impractical) to make desktop and menu shortcuts, which is fucking retarded. Nothing GNOME based is user friendly at all.

>feet
>disgusting and wrong
it's the most normalfag fetish

Thanks for the laugh Op

Anything that comes with a dock by default has that solved though...
That said, desktop icons are just a bad concept desu.

>Anything that comes with a dock by default has that solved though...
It doesn't. Making a shortcut to an executable in gnome and unity requires you to manually script a .desktop file.

The nurse looks like she wants the D

> *drags to Plank*
Wow that was hard.

>Unused ram is wasted ram
Can we fucking stop this meme already? It only applies to Android you idiot.

>4gigs of RAM
>it's not enough
What? 4GB's of RAM is more than enough for basic web browsing. Unless you're dealing with DDR2 or that combined with a shit processor.

My mail gaming laptop %%lel%% came with freedos. It was $200 less than the one with Windows bundled.

This reminds me when my brother in law said he got an amazing deal on a laptop. A few days later he said he was having issues installing office.

>mfw he bought a chromebook

Attached: seriouscatcover.jpg (297x297, 13K)

this

>unused ram is wasted ram
You're an absolute, bona-fide, complete, utter dumbass
RAM isnnt meant to be at 100% usage all the time retard, in that case we'd all have 1GB of ram. You're supposed to get however much RAM you need and then half that amount. So if you need 4GB you get 6GB, if you need 32GB you get 48GB, in case you run into a situation where you need to utilize it.
This "unused ram is wasted ram" is pushed by pajeets who justify their calculator program using 4GB of RAM.

based skipper

>asmr in the same list as snuff, beast, pedo, etc.
isn't that where a girl whispers and make noises next to a microphone? how is that just as disgusting as the other ones mentioned???

>isn't that where a girl whispers and make noises next to a microphone?
Not him but that's just most of them. The idea isn't whispering, it's to do or say something pointless and slow-paced so you'll relax because of it. If you're really feeling it, it can kind of tickle your head. If the video is too interesting it won't be as effective. The scenario in the video can be something like a barber shop, you already know the setup and what's happening so you aren't missing anything if you aren't focusing on it 100%. It's just a haircut where someone works around you for a while.

But does it really matter in the long run? How often do you have memory problems?

If you have exactly the amount of RAM that you need problems arise often

>I'm from eastern europe

Explains the negroid behavior.Off yourself ivan.

All the time.

>normie woman
>installs a handicapped kde on a broken arch fork
retard,

There's a shit load of laptops with dual core Celeron , 2GB RAM and Windows 10.
On Paper it should work, in reality it doesn't.

if RAM ever exceeds a certain threshold for allocation, page files are created on your drive

It adds to your read/write count and needlessly wears your drive (either mechanical or solid state) reducing its lifespaN

In short, you're an idiot

she will just buy a macbook

Every day until they like it

fucking based
THANK YOU BASED RMS

What theme do you use?

wew retard OP

You're retarded. Of course you need a certain amount of RAM. But not using the RAM that you don't currently need, is a waste. Case scenario: I am working in a word processor, which takes 200 MB of my total 4GB of RAM. The OS takes 1GB of RAM up. The rest remains empty like you said. Now, I need to look up some things for my document I'm writing, so I click on my web browser icon, which causes the web browser to be read from my (slow) HDD to memory (fast). Now I use 3GB in total. Wouldn't it be great if the web browser already was in memory? That if i clicked the icon, it would instantly launch from memory? It does not affect opening video player instead of opening the browser, since it would then be read from the HDD (if it isn't already in memory), freeing up the RAM used by the web browser and overwriting it with the video player, because overwriting RAM is as fast as writing to empty RAM. There's only advantages to speed up things by having your RAM fully utilized.

>this statement triggers the Jow Forumsas victims

i hope someday you're given the chair and the gene that makes you a degenerate leaves this earth