Mechanical keyboards are the snake oil of the tech world

Membrane ones are so much more responsive and take less effort to type on. Meanwhile mechanical ones just give you fucking carpal tunnel syndrome.

Attached: photo-0-1482426026857.jpg (650x386, 139K)

are you fucking high?

Attached: 2018-07-08_21-04-01.png (371x470, 355K)

why does my 11 year old logitech kb works better than new $300 mechshit? :)

I'll never understand this. Why do any one of you give a fuck what others type on? Just type on what you feel is comfortable

It doesn't. You're just an idiot.

joke's on you, i already have carpal tunnel :^)

Imagine being this bitter and poor over a keyboard.

Sure I don't need a $200 keyboard but it's something I use all day every day, out of all the expensive tech shit to whine about you whine about one that is easily justified? When you're less of a poorfag try using one then going back to membrane, it feels like shit.

I think the scissor switches on a lot of laptops are actually a lot better than mechanical switches.

Attached: thatsnoneofmy[1].jpg (1249x703, 82K)

I love sitting alone in my room making sweet clickity clack all night long, and no one can fucking stop me.

While one might find the inner strength to tolerate all these hipsters and their pretentious obsession with mechanical keyboards (even though scientifically there is no proof of anything to what they claim), some of us has to draw the line when they encounter the constant, aggressive, and relentless shilling about them on Jow Forums and every corner of the internet, trying to convince others to jump on the bandwagon and join their cult of brainless zombies

I have a vintage model M IBM you philistine.

Attached: 1507746529372.jpg (229x220, 6K)

yes, but does it really cause Carpal Tunnel sindrome?

i like clickity clack of my cheap chik mechanical keyboard

>Calls others hipsters
>Owns a Model M
So you hate all mechanical boards because you have buyers remorse over a 30 year old keyboard that's supposed to give as much feedback as possible? Do you know how fucking dumb you sound?

Attached: 1514941297977.png (403x448, 53K)

>fabricates a whole story out of thin air
>calls others dumb based on it.
Whew.
I inherited it in mint condition, didn't cost me a dime.

They're just little kids.

OooOooO rGB
Heheheheh
K L A C K K LA C K kLACK KlaCK
Heheheheheeheh

>something I use all day every day
What you need is no $200 keyboard--a rehab.

And a Model M is the only mech you've tried? You know Cherry switches have had decades of popularity because they don't require a lot of actuation force right? You're using something purposefully harder to actuate then make sweeping generalisations about switches you haven't tried?

because of gaymers and faggots mechanical keyboard cult faggots all companies goes with the trend which gives more money.
I can't fucking find good tenkeyless non mechanical RGB gaymer keyboard

I fucking hate this so much
>t. owns mechanical tenkeyless keyboard and hates typing on it because it forces my fingers to be more higher than on normal membrane keyboard and noise is fucking stupid

Attached: Jan_Matejko_Sta_czyk.jpg (2500x1870, 629K)

Are there non-mechanical keyboards with n-key rollover?

Yeah but does it give me the clickity clack?

why do you use question marks after every sentence do you know how spergy you sound

imagine being a fucking 30yo virgin neet and thinking that saving up and wasting money on some dumb useless keyboard that works the same as one that costs 20 times less will make you happy and fix all your problems
and then you buy another plastic girlfriend to stop thinking about your issues
day in and out you act like a child posting on the peruvian shitposting board arguing over things you read online and wasting all your energy and life away on some fabricated shit you chose to believe

Because most of people think mechanic = quality and it kinda is.
Its like with nvidia and radeon. You can buy radeon and it works fine but in the end you know nvidia will always be better.

But poorfag will always be poorfag.

>but they just feel better
you might not want to announce your virginity every time you make a post

I unironically enjoy my x230's key feel more than my desktop's mech keyboard. I feel the key travel is a tad too long, have an oring set in transit to see if it improves anything.

I believe some gaymen laptops' scissor switch keyboards do.

>saving up
I think that you are the one that lives on welfare, if you have to save to buy a $100 keyboard.

I almost fell for the mechanical keyboard meme but luckily I was able to try out a friend's for a while and realized how much I didn't like it. I actually prefer how membranes resist at the top, break off into zero resistance on the way down, and activate at the bottom.

I like to rest my hands on my keys between typing and the way mechanical keys start moving downwards with the slightest pressure and click and activate before even reaching the bottom (and actually resist bottoming out) is just crap.

he's using question marks because he's asking questions. Not that hard to figure out.

not an argument mechcuck

>I actually prefer how membranes resist at the top, break off into zero resistance on the way down, and activate at the bottom
So much this.

Don't use them if you don't like them. Great thread.

>I tested this one specific kind of switch for brief 30 seconds and as an enlightened expert I can now say with 100% certainty that all mechanical keyboards are shit

Attached: 1516826743872.png (866x900, 94K)

>Membrane ones are so much more responsive and take less effort to type on.
How uninformed are you?

he seems pretty well informed

maybe if you thought about it more you would realize taking 100 dollars from your mom and dad for some gay keyboard is not worth it

your keyboard is only 100$ ?
lmao talk about bad taste

Care to recommend a type of switch that behaves in the way that I prefer then?

> resist at the top, break off into zero resistance on the way down, and activate at the bottom.

But it's like he only tried a single type of mechanical switch and then generalized them all under it.

Stick with membranes because you have shit desires.

Membrane keyboards only lasts two years of gayming. If I can buy a keyboard for twice the price ($60), but 3 times the lifespan, I'll buy it.

Attached: 1531746759535s.jpg (250x156, 6K)

Pretty much this.
I only tried Cherry MX switches and the feeling was mediocre at best. Even had a switch tester with all colors on it. O-rings made it slightly better, but it's still not as good and comfy as a good quality rubber dome, like some Logitechs...

Now some others like Topre or whatever might be better, didn't try that.
But anyone who shills for Cherry switches being good is just a hipster.

What the fuck do you do with your keyboards that they last only two years of gayming of all things?
If you said professional typing 10h a day I'd maybe understand...

>Membrane keyboards only lasts two years of gayming.
The only ways I see any type of keyboard last only 2 years are either being a macbook one, or you're smashing the thing on the wall

red switch mechanical keyboards fixed my elbow pain. get fucked.

>WASD user
>W and D stops working

If you're not typing on switches with 80g actuation, you're a pussy.

mx blacks?

too soon, man

>He doesn't have a physical metal spring resisting his typing
Fucking pussies.

evey cherry board does thoufg

nice ad hominen after your argument fell apart, faggot

Mech keyboards are important just for GAYming

A Slim & Portable laptop is more useful for Programmers.
Lightweight so easier to carry around and "Code Anywhere"

Attached: gaymer.png (777x480, 55K)