Best Web Browser of 2018

Alright, Jow Forums. What is the best Web Browser of 2018?

Attached: firefox.png (2001x2066, 397K)

Other urls found in this thread:

Jow
github.com/siavash119/qtchan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>what are use cases
But overall, Firefox.

For browsing Jow Forums.

Whats the best browser for browsing Jow Forums?

Firefox

Firefox, with violentmonkey extension and 4chanX script

The only browser built on the Unix philosophy

Attached: uzbl.png (200x97, 3K)

Why would I need a 4chanX script?

Why would you need to browse Jow Forums?

I browse Jow Forums on the website.

All 4chanX is, is some extension to the Jow Forums browser, that only adds a few more features.

Pale moon.

Brave for speed
Firefox for everything else

So Firefox for browsing Jow Forums?

the one with the highest score

Opera. firefox is too resource heavy

My point is, just like browsing Jow Forums, its not needed. Its a luxury. You dont need 4chanx, it just has useful features some people like.

Yes.

Yes, with uBlock Origin and uMatrix

The grandchild of Netscape Navigator remains the best.

Might just get Opera. Looks good, free VPN and shit.

All browsers suck.

Firefox sucks the least, and frankly it's not close.

Waterfox or Ungoogled Chromium

I like Firefox a lot.

OP here, I just want to know what the best browser to browse Jow Forums is. Either Firefox or Opera?

Chrome. I'm not even joking.

Brave 1.0 (coming soon)

SEMEN MONKEY is the best though

Firefox.
>opera
A shit chrome skin

A ton of features***

Used to use Chrome, Firefox is way better than Chrome.

Thanks for the advice.

Sorry, but your wrong. Probably has something to do with your age.

Explain some features to me.

Don't bring age into a thread asking what the best web browser is, the best is just an opinion, and I find Firefox better than chrome. It runs faster on Firefox.

>don't ring inexperience into a thread about things with quantifiable benefits
Wow. What a toddler reply. Complete with non-scientific talk about how things FEEL faster.

It would be quicker for you to just install it and look through the options. If you don't like it you can always uninstall it in a few clicks

Jow Forums-x.net/

Firefox IS faster.

I use chrome for everyday-browsing, it displays my go-to websites better (completely subjective) and speed isn't really a concern, the bottleneck is my connection.

It kind of feels wrong, though, I strongly dislike Google and their stance on privacy, but ever since Firefox announced they'd be compliant in the censorship of search results, I don't really see them as a "morally better" alternative anymore.

I do use Firefox on an LED-wall project where it has to render HTML5 canvas in 60 FPS with quite a lot of game-like logic behind it, because it simply runs it 30% faster than chrome while using less memory, which may or may not be an optimization issue in my code, but there's no reason to make it unnecessarily hard for me.

I use Opera on my smartphone, if that's of any interest anyways.

>'cause i FEEL it :^)

Making comment threads look like this, better reply features, overall improvement. I use waterfox because firefox went SJW and I am a Jow Forumstard.

Attached: Untitled.png (3840x2160, 676K)

also sorry, accidental sage in all fields

didn't the CEO depart to start Brave? Have you looked into Brave at all?

>strongly dislike Google and their stance on privacy
So just use Brave. They'll have better privacy defaults than firefox in v1.0
>compliant in the censorship of search results
This is literally just filtering out fake news sites, which is something you should do anyways.

>I use waterfox because firefox went SJW and I am a Jow Forumstard.
Cringe.

Ok.

>I use waterfox because firefox went SJW and I am a Jow Forumstard
>i'm using a shit browser because the good browser is made by le sjw
This is your brain on Jow Forums

I want to be the one in charge of what I can and cannot see, thankyouverymuch. I don't want and don't need to trust anyone to act in my best interest when it comes to the availability of information. I'm sure you can see how any power to influence information can and eventually will be abused, right?

>Brave
I should have checked it out long before, I'll do it.

Okay so just downloaded brave and was not impressed (for me I will explain why). Brave seems intent on some kind of browsing token support bullshit system which I do not care about. I am an asshole who runs Adnauseum because fuck all advertisers everywhere. I archive sites before I link them, so forth and so on, which brings me to the first thing I didn't like on brave vs waterfox: the lack of extensions. Pic related are all the brave extension and in the 3 minutes I spent using it, I didn't see a way to get more. I already use https everywhere so its https forcing doesn't impress me. No 4chanX makes my extreme shitposting habits less functional, and I have edited my about:config to be about as secure as brave is out of the box (I am not going to read this program's documentation, sorry no time for this).

So from what I can see brave is private out of the box. Waterfox takes a little bit of work to get there, but I think it's a better browser due to extendability.

When your browser starts saying it wants to filter parts of the internet, I stop using it.

Attached: brave.png (3840x2160, 562K)

from wiki:

Waterfox differs from Firefox in a number of ways by:

> Disabling Encrypted Media Extensions (EME)
> Disabling Web Runtime
> Removing Adobe DRM
> Removing Pocket
> Removing Telemetry
> Removing data collection
> Removing startup profiling
> Allowing running of all 64-bit NPAPI plugins
> Allowing running of unsigned extensions
> Removing of Sponsored Tiles on New Tab Page
> Addition of locale selector in about:preferences > General

So unsigned extensions is the only thing on there that could be bad and that's only bad if you are retarded and install anything that says click here.

>Adnauseum
Okay, so you're a retard. Use whatever the fuck you want then, you're beyond help.
>extensions
The browser isn't at version 1.0 yet, adding extensions has been diabled for testing and security purposes.
>When your browser starts saying it wants to filter parts of the internet, I stop using it.
Learn the difference between Mozilla Corp and Foundation. Firefox as a browser has absolutely nothing to do with this, nor can they in any way influence what sites are shown by your search engine. Why are you even autistic about this? Mozilla was always about helping users.

What is wrong with adnauseum?

>nor can they in any way influence what sites are shown by your search engine

>the software that parses and displays the content can not also parse and not display certain content
At this point one almost has to assume you are shilling.

From the mozilla blog, shortened:
>Imagine this: Two news articles are shared simultaneously online.
>The first is a deeply reported and thoroughly fact checked story from a credible news-gathering organization. Perhaps Le Monde, the Wall Street Journal, or Süddeutsche Zeitung.
Wall Street "Pewdiepie is literally Hitler" Journal as an example of a credible source? Amazing.

>Mozilla’s Open Innovation team will work with like-minded technologists and artists to develop technology that combats misinformation.

>Mozilla will partner with global media organizations to do this, and also double down on our existing product work

Sounds just great.

Placebo trash which can potentially get your system infected. uBO is better in every way.

thank you! Sorry I don't keep too up to date on these things. I am also assuming you meant uBlock origin?

Attached: 1521461298424.jpg (3264x2448, 1.65M)

Waterfox also has native alsa support out of the box, unlike modern Firefox which only officially supports pulse. In addition, Waterfox also utilizes the old, superior vsync algorithm, whilst the modern one uses one with an incorrect algorithm, which kinda-sorta works but has some hiccups (which is especially noticeable on higher refresh rates and even 60hz, where you'll see a slight lag when scrolling down pages, for instance). Really, I see absolutely no reason to use Firefox as it is in place of Waterfox, especially with Webrender still very incomplete, and many great plugins with no proper successors yet.

whatever comes installed with the os

This. The best browser is always the one natively designed for your OS.

Waterfox

Vivaldi

Attached: Screenshot_20180718_052648.png (1360x768, 233K)

Bit off-topic, but how is Edge? I haven't used it because i still get flashbacks to IE, but my friend tells me it's actually good

Attached: microsoft-edge-logo-topic.png (1600x1598, 163K)

Be aware, Opera is owned by a Chinese company now.

It's unironically good. Just install ublock origin.

>not having rounded edges tabs on Vivaldi
Firefox fag

unless you're on a laptop. then the insane ram/cpu usage since quantum dictates you use teh botnet

Waterfox

Attached: Waterfox_Logo_(redesigned_2015).png (256x256, 30K)

Light, but shit

Its really quick and responsive now. Shit works just fine. It still comes behind chrome for pretty much every benchmark though.

The choices between browsers are basically:
1. Chrome
2. Edge
3. Chrome clones (firefox and its forks, opera)

So you either get chrome, internet explorer, or almost chrome that doesn't quite work as well. If you think that firefox or opera somehow "respect your freedoms" and aren't spying on you, you're delusional. Might as well go with what gives the best performance imo. How did things get this bad?

Does this run better than firefox?
firefox is a piece of shit

Yes

jesus it uses less than 1/10th of the memory

Waterfox, I can have all my old add-ons and without the bloat of firefox esr's things like pocket. I can still sign in to my firefox account to sync, I can set new tab homepage to files on my computer, and other good things.

No, I am on a laptop and its fine for me. I'm not a norman who uses default settings though. I can make it use a lot less resources.

That sidebar is pretty gay.

Edge is based.

Vivaldi. Mozilla installs random extensions to firefox if they get paid to do it.

I've used it for 10 years and thats never happened to me. I bet the retards that complained have never opened the preferences or about:config

Attached: hmm.png (1388x488, 71K)

Switched to Firefox in 2006 to ditch IE and never looked back, chrome was never a good option.

MODS

4chanx for other chans when?

>other chans
Aren't they all basically dead? Maybe 8 chan is still going

qutebrowser and w3m are nice
firefox > chrom*, but both are shit

>no extensions
lol

github.com/siavash119/qtchan

reconsider what you think a web browser is

Reconsider what you think is good. You think I'm going to run everysite with all that javashit? Without the convenience of uO and saving all my settings?

I use Firefox all the time (IceCast, mostly) with ublock origin and umatrix. I still think you're asking too much of a browser is you need it to have extensions. People use browsers for way too much these days, which led to bloat and garbage performance. They weren't meant to view images and video and play music. qutebrowser and w3m actually run well and have nice bindings, so I consider them to be better browsers than Firefox and Chrom* which are similar in the worst of ways.

anyone working on that Jow Forums browser anymore? netsurf, I think it was called

And I still think you're retarded to think a half baked browser is better than browsers with more security. I bet you my pages load faster than qutebrowser too with all the shit I block. For a "bloated" browser it still performs better than qutebrowser.

Maybe I'm explaining this poorly, but I'm pretty sure our setups are very similar, I'm just not supportive of Firefox despite using it as my main browser. Qutebrowser has a few issues like some sites being hardcoded to use the normie browsers and refusing to just display a page whether it'd work or not, and the switch to webengine from webkit has caused some issues on the FSF-approved distros like Parabola and GuixSD.

>They weren't meant to view images and video and play music.
Humans weren't made to shitpost on the internet either, yet you obviously have no problem with that. Could it be that the intended purpose changes as time and technology advance? I wonder.

You're proving him right. You're probably more obsessed with your web browser than your car despite the fact that your only excuse for obsessing over a web browser is that "I use it every day".

Why did you even say this?

I get it, but you're recommending something that is worse for functionality, security, and likely performance compared to the alternatives when set up properly. You cant even browse Jow Forums on qutebrowser without fear of mining for hiro. How you think qutebrowser is better is beyond me. Its not finished.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Why do you prefer w3m over lynx or elinks? I often find w3m renders pages really ugly and as far as I know you can't even scroll have a page

Being unfinished is a good thing, not a bad thing. Especially when it comes to free software. The potential for more major changes is exciting. I'd hate to just have more clones of the big browsers. I don't know if you can do script-blocking in it or not. I know there's a built-in adblocker that you can update.

Finished isnt the best word. How about not even on the same level. Firefox and Chrome arent finished either its continual development. In the end it falls short in a lot of ways. At least currently.

qutebrowser has some problems but all in all I still find it slightly better than the alternatives for me

>more clones of big browsers
Doesnt qutebrowswr use chromium?

webkit/webengine, but not chromium exactly

anyway, it has vim bindings and is more minimal instead of just copying features from the big ones to convince people to switch

The engine is not the same? Are you saying they changed it so now we have to trust some autist for security patches?
It definitely has less features. Not the features I want to see gone from a browser though...