Hey Jow Forums

Hey Jow Forums

My Xiaomi redmi died on me today. What is the best under £200 phone to get?

That has a good camera and is fairly fast

Attached: 12729024_848454125280573_7399535112423728746_n.jpg (480x480, 22K)

Xiaomi redmi

My phone died and recovering the data from it is a massive pain. I'd rather not go through that again.

Also the camera wasn't very good

I should also add I haven't been able to recover it yet

Is there a reason why you didn't have backups? Owncloud/nextcloud is worth a look if you have any sort of storage device on your home network. Syncopoli and Synchronize Ultimate too if you prefer to sync over sftp/smb or to a (((cloud))) account.
In what way did your phone "die"?

Combination of updates and heat

I usually live in SE asia so I bought one from China. I regularly used it in like over 35 degrees weather so it just wore out and got slowerand the latest update means It wont turn on (apparently a common problem)

It's the first time I can't just connect a phone and rip the files so I'm just out of my depth. I study languages now so I dont have time to keep up with tech like I used too.

Define "won't turn on". Does it get as far as an animated "loading" screen? I guess it's probably a Xiaomi or Android logo. Or does the screen not come on at all? Or something else?

It used to get stuck on the mi.com logo

Now it doesn't turn on atall

If you have advice on recovering the data though that would be incredibly helpful

Well not specifically for that phone but, generally I'd try to get into recovery mode.
>Recovery: With the device powered off, hold Volume Up + Power. Keep holding both buttons until the “MI” logo appears on the screen, then release.
I'm not sure what options you'll have in the stock recovery mode, but if you can get in then there's a good chance that your phone can be fixed by clearing your application data (settings) and/or flashing the updated ROM again.
If even that doesn't work and you're certain that the battery isn't just discharged, I'd look at opening it up and disconnecting the battery temporarily if possible.

>using a chinese product
Enjoy the backdoor to the chairman.

Attached: 1524599585601.jpg (720x738, 122K)

I'm plenty sure the Chinese government want to translate English Khmer Thai and Vietnamese to know what memes I share

Thanks man, but I tried that before and it didn't work.

spring for the huawei mate se, OP

Is the huawei mate 10 actually good tho?

Stop buying chink shit.

Which phone did you have? Xiamo redmi note 5 or redmi 5 plus has 12 mp camera.

Did you try disconnecting the battery?
Also would be worth putting it into a pc, installing the android SDK (you only need adb and fastboot) and then seeing if it shows up under fastboot devices from a command prompt.
If it does, then you can use "fastboot recovery" to reboot into recovery, "fastboot bootloader" to try the bootloader again, or "fastboot reboot" to reboot it.
if it's got a qualcomm chipset, it has some extra botnet "recovery" stuff which is always running and is accessible over USB. You'll need Qualcomm QPST or Qualcomm NRT but I haven't used them myself.
Generally it's very difficult to completely brick an Android unless there's a hardware failure.

The redmi

The redmi what you insolent retard? Redmi is a line of phones.

buy another xiaomeme redmeme note

Phrase your questions better m8

> Xiamo redmi note 5 or redmi 5 plus

>The redmi

Referring to your previous or question would be the redmi 5 plus
Please remember to keep your autism under control

I think the battery can't be removed

The battery "can't be removed" from my phone either (OnePlus one), but it's actually really easy. It would be worth you watching how to do it on YouTube.

Something that isn't Chinese garbage.

Good one comrade!

Mi A1

Examples?
Really tho I spend most of my time in SE Asia most of the time my convos are in those languages you really think they're going to bother

Whats the difference between the A1 and the redmi note 5?

>you really think they're going to bother
Yes. They really do.

>Examples?
Moto G5

>Motorola
>not chinese garbage

Attached: 1531060353925.png (453x604, 397K)