Should I use php or node.js?

Should I use php or node.js?

Attached: php.png (960x670, 82K)

php
node.js is gay

just getting node to work on my pc was enough of a pain in the ass to make me not even want to use it

nodejs, php is only useful when you live in a backwards country

Php is gay, node.js is twice as gay
Use python

install virtualbox, make a loonix vm, ???, profit

>use python
>founder is kill
yeah great idea

Newest editions of PHP are getting good. node has it's place as well. Depends what you really want to do.

nah fuck it, suck my cuck newfag, SAGE

this

Haskell. I'm not memeing. I speak from way too many years experience.

The scripting languages will have you accrue so much technical debt you never escape.

Use PHP, it's broken in understandable ways. You will never know how or when node.js rapes your asshole, but it will happen.

>node.js
JS is only useful for front-end devlopment.

Write PHP until the people at mode get their head out of their ass and not have a language where a single exception can crash the entire server

All arguments against PHP is rendered null and void when using a framework like Laravel

What? Node.js and js are two different things

node.js is great, I built a few non web related apps. php is the edgy neckbearded fedora tipping onions bois in code form.

>Anything to do with databases
Java + Spring with Hibernate
Ruby on Rails
Python with Django

>Anything to do with realtime communication/concurrency
Go
Node.js
Elixir

>Literally just a static site
Jekyll
Gatsby

>Can't make up my mind but I'm willing to take the time to build a robust & powerful system
ASP.NET

>Can't make up my mind and I'm retarded
PHP + Laravel

>I'm a perma-virgin autistic wizard who wants to start a project and never finish it
Haskell

>2018
>php
>node
>awful
Ruby faggot

>PHP was never good
Might as well try to write drivers in Perl while you're at it

golang

You can just catch all exceptions if you really want to

Where do you want to work, what do you want to do?

Thanks for this list.

it's not an either-or, brah

js runs scripts in the browser, which means animations, things moving around, "show/hide" buttons, things changing on the fly, etc

php on the other hand just runs on the server side. but it knows about stuff on the server. this means with using only PHP, all you can make is a static webpage with nothing fancy like things moving around and popping in and out depending on what the user does. but OTOH it can process stuff on the server side so that you can run any arbitrary command you want like querying a database you have stored on the server or running some fancy C++ or Java code to make some content

here's an example: you can't create a user/password interface with JS alone. and you can't have a "Show/Hide" button in a webpage with php alone.

if you want to use php, fine, go ahead, but you'll find you want some JS too after a little while.

personally i think php is a shit language for server-side code; i prefer python cgi for small webpages and Java servlets for serious ones. php is rapidly dying.

anyhow when i write a python or java webpage, i also stick javascript onto my pages. it's what you gotta do.

He's obviously asking which to use as a backend language

node

Is there a good explanation for using Haskell for this purpose? I'm getting into development and want to avoid anything related to JS or PHP like the plague and I like Haskell and FP.

This is some potent bait

brew install node?

hur dur javascript is bad
0 == "" => true

Anyone who says this is naive, most of these trivial problems have been solved in the latest verstions of js (es6 and above)

Is 0 == "" no longer true in ES6?

What operating system are you using?

>Download
>Double click
>Install
>Done

???

No

>founder is kill
>hence language is kill

>Not listing Flask for static site

"==" doesn't mean what you think it means
there's "===" for that

epic meme though

"0" -> false
"00" -> true

Flask is not a static site generator. It should be listed for APIs/webservices.

Yeah, But it works well for a static site with some functionalities

So does Php

When did I say it won't?

2019 2020;

Let me guess
You're a Windows NIGGER, aren't you, Pajeet?

Don't most distributions already come with Node JS pre-installed and run it straight off the bat? I noticed Manjaro comes with it pre-installed already so I believe other distributions follow the same track as well

>manjaro
Babbys first linux?

Node is a garbage dump of vsrsions. Its kinda been solved now they reccomend one lts or the latest, but when it comes to nvm and any kind of version regression testing it will make you want to neck yourself.

Who cares? Docker with node LTS is all you need.

>node.js can be used for backend stuff
since when does node run on the backend?

is this some meteor shit?

in any case, JS running as a server-side language is an abomination. use a real language

>php or node.js

>weakly typed languages

Attached: really-makes-you-golang.png (460x460, 48K)

Good library support amazing protection against runtime errors. Way faster to develop with thanks to hoogle.

PHP is becoming more and more like Java.

Attached: Java-logo.jpg (640x393, 23K)

honestly i dont know

i hate php because 3-4 years that code is shit binned but its so easy to deploy

node.js is still like a early access most of your codes will get outdated in just months but will land you a high paying job in the future

node.js if you want to look cool, php if you want to get work done

you're an idiot

totally agree, its quite usable now

this, php is a known quantity

no, you're a faggot

>>
neither was javascript

you're retarded

you are cancer, docker is a nice idea but it's flawed in so many ways

php has type hinting, you get the best of both worlds

if you hire pajeets to write it, yes, but they will fuck up anything

I’m using Linux mint. Tried to install with terminal and I get error messages about incompatibilities with my build.

In practice you're going to be writing to the lts version anyway so you don't really have to think about it. LTS releases are predictable and have a reasonable lifespan.

Node IS the backend version of js and imo it's very solid and predictable when your dealing with data coming asynchronously. It's a great server side language.

>since when does node run on the backend?
Are you retarded?

>since when does node run on the backend?
Are you fucking stupid?

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 490K)

I started with php and doing everything on notepad++, i liked how simple everything was compared to ASP shit.

Currrently trying node and so far is pretty fancy, kinda bulked but i see the logic behind it and im building apps much faster even if its more complex.

Never really tried frameworks with php though, any good one i should know?

Laravel

actual retard

Attached: 1500603475684.jpg (640x480, 33K)

Thoughts on this? As far as i know is not even js?

Attached: cover.jpg (800x414, 22K)

>use a real language

like php? lmao

in what real life situation would you need something like that?
if you are retarded enough to use a conditional like that, you should be kept away from any code base.

It’s just like using ES6 in legacy browsers. It’s transpiled. I honestly like it better than ES6 for OO development.

Stop using linux mint in the first place
install something that's not retarded pls

asynchronous io is the goto statement of the current decade. even python has been tainted by this garbage ever since guido forced async/await into the language.

>php
Broken, everybody knows it's broken, even the devs know it is broken. At least they acknowledge that and try to mitigate it

>javascript
Broken, half the userbase tolerates it, the other half believes it's the work of Jesus, himeself. "Community" has about ten billion different frameworks that fundamentally do nothing new.

Use php. If you want to use Javascript, at least use a framework like VanillaJS. Then take your aids medication.

Attached: u fukn wot m8.png (280x297, 150K)

When you learn JS, and use modern features like ES6 it's actually quite good.
When paired with everything in the ecosystem like Ramda/Lodash it becomes really good.

Initially JS was a nightmare for me, but the more I learn it becomes easier, not just because I'm learning more but the language has more and more features that just make everything easier.

I see why people hate it, because they might not even be aware of all ES6/ES7 features.

It isn’t type hinting, it makes parameters and return values required to be of a specific type. If I declare function myFunc(MyClass $param), it will throw an exception if I don’t pass it an instance of MyClass.

>implying flask fits in the same category as gatsby or jekyll
use bottle, flask is bloatware

php is a fucking joke since forever. drop it tard

Wew, Thanks user!

>Community" has about ten billion different frameworks that fundamentally do nothing new.
Typical "I WONT EVER TRY ANYTHING NEW" argument. If there is variaty it usually means everything you'd ever need is already there just to be implemented. You work less when you know more, and this is always a fact.

Jesus Christ. It's clear you don't even know what node is.

Explain why it's a joke

Is php dying just a meme?

I have a job that I have to learn php in

no

>> Javascript doesn’t suck! It has to be your OS!

Which web framework?

Elixir's Ecto is great for databases. Phoenix is up there with Rails and Django as a framwwork.
JOOQ > Hibernate.
Hugo > Jekyll > Gatsby.

that elephant has some real fuck me eyes

i have to use php to maintain my wordpress sites, it's an awkward language and i hate it but wordpress is awesome

you shouldn't explain jokes, user. it makes you a social outcast

This

php i agree p

This, tried to learn webdev after html and basically all the frameworks do the same shit that jquery does and jquery is just a bunch of javascript functions packed into less verbose form.

Literally wtf gee?

Wordpress != PHP
Yes, it's written in PHP, but it's like some kind of mutant Wordpress version of PHP. It's the number one reason why I hate WP. I have lots of domain knowledge in PHP that is mostly useless because I haven't accepted the Loop into my heart.

Should i learn Java and then Clojure for webdev?

Please don't

>php has type hinting
except all those times it doesn't

Attached: golang.jpg (700x963, 94K)