Vertically mounted motherboard

I have picrel and the idea is amazing: not only does it have "wind tunnel" effect, but GPU literally can't bend.
This older canse has its problems and I'd like to get a new one for the build next year.

Seems like Silverstone's new cases have traditional mobo mounts (with disgusting GPU holder), so I'm looking for anyone else (chinks?) who has something similar. What can you recommend, Jow Forums?

Attached: silverstone_ft02b_filled.jpg (550x430, 250K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B077LGLN4G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
hardforum.com/threads/new-silverstone-ft02.1429251/page-95
silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=796
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rear motherboard cables would be either an eyesore or a nightmare.

If I understood you correctly, they fix it by having a nice perforated cover on top.

Attached: ft02usb3_step1.jpg (500x335, 77K)

>an annoying cover that has to be removed every time you want to plug something
>gpu sag that can be prevented with a gpu "leg"
guess which one most people will choose.

Or you could simply use a horizontal case, or one with a horizontal motherboard tray. Then nothing will bend, including your overcompensating tower CPU cooler.

You can get the wind-tunnel thing with any case layout and mobo orientation, case makers just generally assume people are too retarded to do that, and so they make the whole case a cheese grater that can pretty much only be cooled by putting fans fucking everywhere.

>an annoying cover that has to be removed every time you want to plug something
1. How often do you have to plug new cables into your PC? (There are 2 USBs on the front-top panel for USB drives and what not).
2. You can remove it altogether.
3. Still motto convenient than getting behind the tower.
1. Worse airflow
2. Not really a good solution IMO
>guess which one most people will choose.
Since when is popularity a good argument in this field?

>Or you could simply use a horizontal case, or one with a horizontal motherboard tray.
This may be a good solution. Can recommend anything with very good airflow that are also quiet?
I have no need for drive bays and what not. 1 giant CPU cooler, one large GPU and 1-2 M.2 SSDs.

Can recommend any in particular? Most pictures online are of
>cheese grater that can pretty much only be cooled by putting fans fucking everywhere.

Attached: silverstone_ft02s_usb3_0_fortress_series_ft02_usb3_1184764.jpg (500x500, 32K)

Also, don't normal sized horizontal cases take a lot of space?

My current PC stays on the floor besides my legs.

>not using the front panel
>buying extra shit to fix sag
>still wont have same cooling performance

>my face if they make a compact FT02 without drive bays

Attached: oooooohh.jpg (320x320, 14K)

you can take literally any tower and put it on its side. having towers stand is an aesthetic choice. just be sure that when you lay it flat, the motherboard isnt upside down.

not if you're planning to put something like a monitor on it, enjoy your bent sidepanel.

if your monitor isnt a CRT or something equally heavy, it's unlikely it will bend the frame

side panels arent meant to hold any weight you fucking moron.

that doesnt mean they're made out of fucking aluminum foil you autist

>not having an aesthetically pleasing laggy gpu

Attached: dusty pos.jpg (3848x2616, 2.51M)

*saggy
no englishings today

>Can recommend any in particular
Silverstone RL06 or Fractal Meshify C

What happened to your old case?

I have an early FT02 (with the 1st gen fans) and it's still in pretty much mint condition.

>doesnt know what structural integrity and cant comprehend that a 1mm thick sheet of metal has none and with buckle under barely any weight because it has no fucking support to keep it rigid
>hurr autist durr
take off your side panel and put it so you have some space under it and press down on the middle

or just do everyone a favour and end yourself, retard

>annoying cover that has to be removed every time you want to plug something

Removing a cover is a lot easier than moving the entire case (ie: pulling on all the other cables) or fiddling in the tight dark space between the rear of the case and the wall.

It really is a joy to work with, although they could make the cover a little easier to remove I admit, for example by adding a proper eject mechanism instead of having to yank it off.

>gpu leg
only one in existence is the powercolor powerjack, and you cant get one any more

I got mine tho :)

nah, this is a neat idea

>GPU literally can't bend.
This seems more like an argument for horizontal mobo cases, which also alleviate the asymmetrical strain from the CPU cooler.

>1. Worse airflow
Tell me how amazon.com/gp/product/B077LGLN4G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 will impede air flow in pic related

Attached: it's a he only takes guts pictures when he puts in or takes out stuff in his machine episode.jp (3840x2160, 2.19M)

>opens case
>cuts finger off
what kind of poorfag case is that?

>you can take literally any tower and put it on its side.
Too much space. Tower is compact horisontally.
Thanks, I'll check it out.
1. It's in another country and I have no car to transport it.
2. Some fans started rattling (the small outtake one in particular)
3. I don't need the HDD and expansion bays, so far hoping for something without them.
To be fair, their newer cases have one integrated.
Most I've seen are HTPC and not even ATX.
I was talking more about the airflow of the case itself.
Also, that looks ghetto.

Here's what I'm talking about with dimensions.
ATX + standard height cooler and only available options are vertical cases.

Attached: 2018-07-18-08:30:49-screenshot.png (735x905, 141K)

Meme

I wouldn't say so.

Trying to think of another current case that has an invertible motherboard tray that can be mounted in a chimney fashion. I think it's either tee Darkbase pro 900, or Coolermaster H700

Does that GPU functions properly?
Asking cause I have a huge card as well and sometimes (recently, even more) I get shit frames or even
drivers failures or BSODs, then after fiddling a bit with the card (pushing it up and in to the slot) it magically performs like it should...
Could that be the case of sagging?

Attached: hobo-reggie-the-rock-star-d.jpg (640x480, 75K)

> Pro 900
I really like that all the HDD bays can be removed, but holy shit that price.
Also, it's classic mount for the motherboard if I'm not mistaken.
>CoolerMaster H700
Did you mean NZXT?

Attached: 2018-07-18-12:48:05-screenshot.png (845x461, 148K)

Define S
>I was talking more about the airflow of the case itself.
Redbull me on how a piece of metal would impede airflow any more than an additional expansion card in there.
>no useless LED and dumbass shroud
>ghetto
Thanks /v/
It's the angle. I don't usually take pictures of my """"guts"""" and when I do it's Bravo Nolan-style: in one take

Attached: IMG-0278f26133c4c0e8f4610347326947fd-V.jpg (720x480, 248K)

I actually meant Coolermaster C700P, and that's the one it is.
Can be regularly mounted, flipped to the other side, or rotated 90° for a vertical GPU.

Attached: MCC-C700P-MG5N-S00-f_01.jpg (960x3481, 463K)

>Redbull me on how a piece of metal would impede airflow any more than an additional expansion card in there.
I get a feeling you are willfully misunderstanding me. When I say "airflow of case itself" I mean it literally. Silverstone, as I said, has an amazing "Wind tunnel" design, while I'm most certain your case does not
>no useless LED and dumbass shroud
>ghetto
>Thanks /v/
Ok, you are just extremely sensitive about how people on Jow Forums perceive you.
I was referring to the piece of metal you linked to.

Pretty interesting, thank you.

Found a pic of my PC.

Attached: IMG_20161227_214343.jpg (1080x1440, 696K)

Unless you got a intel "muh" extrem platform
or the new Threadripper 2

you are losing performance if your GPU is better then a 1060 rx480 range card.
you'll cause PCIE bottleneck if not more since often the last 16x slot is actually a 4X ...

Is there a reason we can't have a case where motherboard is positioned horizontally on the floor with all hot air flowing up away from electronics? Would be wide as fuck but I wonder how the thermals would be.

Wind tunnel can be done without vertical. The main benefit I see is that cold air can be pulled from floor while hot air is dissipated above. Should be a lot less hot air recirculated.

>saglet
You disgust me.

Attached: guts.jpg (1824x1368, 426K)

lool take this anons advice your card's trying to shove a hotdog down a hallway

Attached: saggin.png (1824x516, 1009K)

Exactly, a proper GPU has to sag.

hardforum.com/threads/new-silverstone-ft02.1429251/page-95

They're making a ft02 successor.

I've been using that case for 8 years now because there's no alternative

Attached: 172539558.jpg (1280x720, 257K)

i rma any gpu that doesn't sag.

It's a relatively old build. You see Ihtel i7-3930k Coand Ati HD 7970GHz (cheap 3Gb edition).

For the new one I'd like AMD TR2 and something that comes after AMD Vega 64.

I don't really see any cases with horizontal "wind tunnel" to be honest. Maybe my info is outdated, of course.
And the airflow in TF02 is amazing. I don't even need CPU fans most of the time.

Likewise.

That's my boy

They are in early stages it seems. Still better than nothing. My ideal case is unlikely to be builds though.

Basically, I'd want the FT02 but without any HDD/CD/whatever caddies, as I have a proper NAS for storage. Ideally something shorter and a bit taller with usb-C on the front panel.

I fucking love Silverstone they always just show up with really weird but neat stuff

>Ok, you are just extremely sensitive about how people on Jow Forums perceive you.
>he's not extremely sensitive of how NEET neckbeard/legbears perceive him
Wow.
>I was referring to the piece of metal you linked to.
It's a piece of metal meant to prop up your card. How complicated do you need it to be? It's a $10 solution to a problem that might not even matter down the road since when the sag gets bad enough the machine itself might be outdated/unsupported. Also, it's a $10 solution against sag vs. buying outdated/rare (thus pricier) alternatives

>GPU literally bends under own weight
>Not a problem
Okay.

>his board does not have meme metal-reinforced PCI-E slots
Also it's not the GPU that is bending, it's the slot that it is attached to. So "bending under it's own weight" is false.

unless you have a backplate on the card the PCB bends too

>GPU doesn't bend
Okay.

Attached: CalibreBent.jpg (1000x301, 52K)

>How complicated do you need it to be?
picrel doesn't look ghetto.

Attached: 2018-07-18-19:52:41-screenshot.png (612x342, 92K)

sauce me bro

It's part of the case and not a standalone product.
silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=796

gay and homosexual

At least not fake.

Plastic slots here, it's not the slot that bends.

That's mounted horizontally stupid ass

Na, it is still vertical. to be horizontal it should sit flat.

>you will never have a vertical exhaust PSU and a isolated GPU wind tunnel and a ducted CPU exhaust with dust filters.

REEE

DIY :^)

>the inside of my pc computer case isn't pretty T.T
God you are a fucking virgin loser.

>God you are a fucking virgin loser.
What does anything in my post has to do with "prettiness"?
It's about more efficient cooling and avoidance of damage to the hardware.

how the fuck do you guys manage to sag your GPUs?

Attached: 1.jpg (1086x1931, 307K)

Only acceptable wind tunnel would be an airduct going from intake fan straight through cpu radiator and to outtake fan. Why is this not a thing?

You could get those back in the day. (sips monster) they were little collapsible tubes sized for an 80mm fan. Tower coolers weren't really a thing yet so usually people would take a blowdown cooler, reverse the fan, and duct it to an exhaust. I think nowadays they don't make these since fans have gotten big enough to make them unwieldy.

It is. Dell prebuilts do it

I would also standarize this shit so it would always be airtight - only dust you would ever get would be in this tube

imagine airblowing it - just blow intake and it puffs out, no dust on mobo and other components