If i plug a CRT TV into my pc with this will it look like ass?

If i plug a CRT TV into my pc with this will it look like ass?

Attached: scar.jpg (500x500, 20K)

ok

CRT TVs (as opposed to monitors) generally can't resolve anything much over 640x480, so it'll look like ass no matter how you connect it.

ok

I was looking at a Sony Trinitron Advanced 100Hz Digital Plus Nicam, surely that can do more than that?

Scart has RGB, so it won't look terrible at the TVs resolution

I'm so jelly of European TVs.

It took a while for our lame PAL-M TVs to support NTSC, I wish we had SCART. Fuck.

That seems to be the case but according to reviews these cables are not wired correctly for RGB.

CRT's always look like ass.
But the connector would be fine.

Get/make a VGA to YUV cable and get pic related

Attached: 61xT0UAEG8L._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 21K)

You'd need drivers and a videocard that can output 15khz resolutions, 640x480 interlaced for Instance.
Also a way to get pure RGB into your set - but if you're looking at a scart cable that tells me enough on that regard.
Reminder: RGB sends two sync signals on two separate pins - check if yoour set requires csync or if it can take separate syncs.

I used to do that with a small monitor that just displayed vaporwave wallpapers
It looked like ass desu

stop using a crt and use a normal fucking monitor

Making a cable yourself wouldn't work as there's no way to passively convert RGB to YUV - you need an IC doing the grunt work. Maybe if you have a card that can natively output Component signals, like an old Nvidia 6xxx or whatever, that would work.
So unless that specific adapter you shared has some sort of active conversion I wouldn't go the DIY route.

>Kids in this thread don't know the difference between VGA and RGB horizontal scan frequencies
Seriously? Is this really Jow Forums?

Attached: 0008.png (200x180, 7K)

get a PC crt from 2001-2005 that can do 120hz

TV crts are all shit beside the last generation sony ones that weigh so much you would never want one any way (1080 crts)

Im already running a Sony Trinitron Multiscan G420 its great but i want a widescreen.

>Ultrawide res on a 120hz CRT with Retroarch and black frame insertion
That makes me MOIST

Jow Forums only "knows" how to install gentoo/arch and rice it.

Don't expect much of this board...

We have some of those on the imaging wing on the hospital I work at.
One day they'll go missing.
One day.

Why the fuck would you want a widescreen CRT when the earlier Sony's own 4:3 ones are actually better quality vise?

Cause muh gayming and watching videos.

Last generation CRTs are always the worst. Early 2000's ones are the ones to get.
Just like floppy disks, the last ones from transitioning periods always got the lowest quality parts.

>kids these days don't know about my grandtec vision 2000

Attached: chink converter box.png (265x144, 46K)

>kids today don't know about scandoublers
No shit Sherlock.

If you do get it working (which I highly doubt you will), enjoy your shockingly poor resolution and annoying 15khz whine I guess.

>being this clueless about CRTs
Please post your 15 or such CRTs that you have enough experience to talk about this.

Read the OP. He's not using a CRT monitor but a CRT TV.

Lad, a monitor is an output device which displays information in pictorial form.
Way to try to be autistic when you fail at it.