Literally 10k laptop

>literally 10k laptop
>i9
>can't process as fast as an i7 in a $700 Dell because throttles 100%
youtube.com/watch?v=Dx8J125s4cg

Why would anyone be stupid enough to buy this dumpsterfire?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (450x360, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

appleinsider.com/articles/18/07/17/test-suggests-2018-macbook-pro-cant-keep-up-with-intel-core-i9-chips-thermal-demands
youtube.com/watch?v=ip-sZfWaVo0
youtu.be/9DyUitTVWlw
9to5mac.com/2018/07/17/2018-macbook-pro-cpu-throttling/
youtu.be/6TWbXV5xeYE
youtube.com/watch?v=50hF_7wi7ug
youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8
youtu.be/hX3mt-yD1MQ
imgur.com/a/vVJLCka
old.reddit.com/r/apple/comm...15_inch_macbook_pro_throttles_itself/e2ktw6z/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good thing I have a 2012 MBPr model, AKA a macbook from before they went to shit. I'll definitely be switching with my next purchase, most likely to Purism

a fool and his money are easily parted

>i9 macbook slower than i7 macbook slower than a fucking first gen surface book
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Laptops are a meme, most of the time people never even take them with them, they just stay at home.

Muh geekbench score

at this point is geekbench the only thing Apple optimises for

Slightly annoyed that there are 6-core laptop chips with "i9" branding. Reminds me of those dual core "i7" chips.

>1 guy's testing
>op mention dell for some reason even though he compared to another macbook
>literally only this YTer has mentioned this

>dave makes video complaining about macbook lineup
>was literally 3 days later
>new macs
>makes him look liek whiny bitch
>dell xps comes out
>whines about it some more

Guy just complains for views

Here you go toddler.

appleinsider.com/articles/18/07/17/test-suggests-2018-macbook-pro-cant-keep-up-with-intel-core-i9-chips-thermal-demands

youtube.com/watch?v=ip-sZfWaVo0

>Technology-centric YouTuber Dave Lee claims the thermal design of Apple's latest 15-inch MacBook Pro does not provide sufficient cooling for Intel's Core i9 processo

you dumb cunt it's an article based on the OP video

even macrumours has one too, it's all based on again 1 guy

2015 is the last good MacBook Pro

>throttles 100%
Confirmed for not understanding shit. Go back shill.

and 2014. They're almost identical.
t. 2014 owner

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 10.41.45 PM.png (2048x1280, 3.04M)

>t. iCuck

>wanting workstation performance on a laptop
>saying a slow laptop is better than a slower laptop
>laptop
>fast

(Y)'all could stick with reality just a little bit and think.

besssst pooooossst

How bad is it if you undervolt the cpu? I saw huge thermal gains when I did it to my new laptop, which was factory throttled at 95% beforehand.

Do macs even allow you to do this kind of under the hood modification?

Not an argument, shill.

>1 guy's consistent testing methodology across devices
>1 guy that openly admits he uses macs and prefers macs
>1 guy who's test shows that the 2018 macbook pro with an i9 is slower than the older models using the same tests

He's a literal shill who is constantly v& but keeps coming back. Hide and report.

for the actual cpu? not bad as long as it remains stable.

I think so, just not in any supported manner.

Is this how they teach you to post in shill school these days?

>Why would anyone be stupid enough to buy this dumpsterfire?

because they love the thought of Tim Cook's fat fucking cock down their throats

I've never been banned top kek

how mad are you?

Hey guys my thinkpad exploded, trust me i'm 1 guy

>reddit spacing
That alone should be enough. Go back.

Attached: ledditspacing.png (397x262, 48K)

Nice deflection.

>make big heatsink
>make fan spin
No
>make shitty keyboard and soda can grade chassis
Yes

brodalodie the minute I saw i9 and mac in the same sentence I knew it was a throttle machine

MACTODDLERS BTFO

lol youtubers mentioning throttle macs since at least 2015
youtu.be/9DyUitTVWlw

There can't be a last if there was never a first.

Attached: 1531233935613.png (636x727, 137K)

>>reddit spacing

>being

>mad

>over

>spacing

Ok

Kiddo

>spacing is bad
>not knowing how to properly format your writings

Is this really the return of the throttlebook? Will the memes finally return once more?

Attached: throttlebook.jpg (988x802, 190K)

I feel it coming back as we speak
0.8 ghz though? good Lord

Not just 0.8 GHz. We're talking 0.8 GHz (that's 800 MHz!) in 2014. Pentium III speeds in 2000 + 14.

>laptop throttles under 100% load rendering

WOW!

even x1 carbon U cpus throttle

I feel like to buy these steaming piles of overpriced shit you're almost asking for it....
I don't wanna be that guy but.... Thinkpad...

>Thinkpad
Or literally any other business-grade laptop. The problem with MacBooks is that Apple values aesthetics above all else that they'd make it as thin as possible and because of that there's nowhere for the heat to dissipate so it throttles to the equivalent of a late 90s shitbox.

>thinks business grade laptops are any good anymore

all they offer now is they cost more and they offer more support

they used to be better built and more options but now it's basically a meme

He's also the only one that has any worthwhile metric of measuring performance.

Other people just throw Blender render times, export times, and benchmark scores. As if anyone can actually get an inkling of what those things are actually testing.

He actually talks about actual professional use cases; fluid dynamic sims, machine learning, sculpting, digital drawing/painting.

wouldn't the R & D department HAVE to admit that this is a design flaw limiting functionality beyond reason?
I guess my question is how can you ship this shit??

>how can you ship this shit??
Because the R&D department did their research and found out that idiots will still buy their throttlebook.

Because the majority of people who buy this aren't using it as a professional workstation.

They're using it as a light photo/video editing machine, or a glorified Facebook machine, or even more rare, a mobile DAW.

>fluid dynamic sims, machine learning, sculpting, digital drawing/painting.

LOL

he's just using adobe shit

because no one fucking notices the throttling

even if it didn't throttle you can't use it while rendering shit that's using 100% cpu

checked, and valid point

this scrambles my brain though.... 10k for running photoshop or ableton... I thought I made poor choices when spending

So you'd rather have your render take twice as long? Fine by me, but some of us actually value time over the looks of our laptops.

>everyone buys 4TB ssds
>everyone uses AUD$

>just makes up numbers
>doesn't even post a laptop with same specs, build that does it in half the time

Just connect a $2000 external gpu via thunderbolt and render bad art to your heart's content

I'm guessing you fell for the throttlebook's "aesthetics"?.... where did I say everyone? was that your word's, or mine?

"This i9 in the MacBook can’t even maintain the base clock speed. Forget about Turbo Boost, it can’t even maintain the 2.9GHz base clock speed, which is absurd. This CPU is an unlocked, overclock-able chip, but all of that CPU potential is wasted inside this chassis, and the thermal solution inside this chassis."

9to5mac.com/2018/07/17/2018-macbook-pro-cpu-throttling/

MacToddlers will eat this shit up

Yes.

>posting article about OP video
>proving once again it's all 1 guys random proof
>your'e the one eating it up

guess 1 persons phone catching fire means all of them do it

MACTODDLERS BTFO

>he's just using adobe shit

He uses Adobe shit, but his friends and colleagues/coworkers use a variety of different software suites.

He works as a graphic designer for a game dev studio that contracts themselves out to various projects in Canada. His YouTube channel is just a hobby and a clever way to get review samples to supplement his job (and play free video games).

He regularly incorporates anecdotes from his friends, like when he got the opinion of a digital artist for the review of the Apple Pencil, artists who work with 21+ inch Wacom Cintiqs.

Also, Adobe literally integrates with almost every 3D authoring suites that USE hi-poly sculpts, 3d models and renders, fluid sims> Hell, Adobe licensed C4D Lite, which includes the entire C4D toolset which can import and preview point-cloud sims, which can be fed to drive particle based animations. There's also Photoshop's image stack processing for astronomy or aerospace data collection and deep composites.

youtu.be/6TWbXV5xeYE
youtu.be/9DyUitTVWlw
youtube.com/watch?v=50hF_7wi7ug
youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8
youtu.be/hX3mt-yD1MQ
pick one

>posting click bait yt videos
>linus video

2/10 for finding the links

they didn't change inadequate cooling solution in their shitty aluminum throttle boxes. I doubt they can even create something that doesn't make the case get as hot as the sun to cool the fucking thing.

Apple is done, it's over. Dump your stock now.

Attached: applecantinnovate.jpg (778x438, 53K)

I guess he received a special edition of macbook pro that throttles, a model that no one else is going to get.

Are you mentally challenged?

Maximum damage control.

Attached: this.gif (300x186, 446K)

that was just a few on first page of youtube so ye... popular youtubers came up first
>AL GO RI TH MS

I got something for you.

Picked from Macrumors forums:

"I bought this machine (i9 / 32 GB / 1 TB) and while it benchmarks fine I am setting extremely thermal throttling if I let it run for longer than ~2 minutes. With Prime 95 I'm throttling down to 800 Mhz (you read that right) at around the 2 minute mark. With Cinebench I'm down to 2.4-2.5Ghz (from a base clock of 2.9 GHz).

Here's the Prime95 data: imgur.com/a/vVJLCka

And here's my reddit post with more benchmarks: old.reddit.com/r/apple/comm...15_inch_macbook_pro_throttles_itself/e2ktw6z/

TLDR: Feels bad man."

> In the menu the CPU would still be around 2.9GHz, but the moment the actual game would start, the CPU would throttle to 0.8GHz and my FPS would drop drastically.

wow what a pos!

can you believe dell makes these computers

>i9 throttling down to 800MHz
This is literal abuse but HOLY SHIT THE MEMES MAKE THEMSELVES

yeah dell's had a bug also getting stuck at the lowest clock speed after throttling once

>You need to shutdown the PC, then open the bottom lid up (unscrew 10 torx t5 screws and 2 philips ph1 under the XPS plate) and disconnect the battery for 10-15 seconds, then reconnect it back. On my notebook it returned the speedstep back.

>comparing dell to apple
That's like complaining your prius doesn't go from 0 to 60 in 5 seconds. Dell is run of the mill cheap shit while Apple makes laptops that start at $2000. Except bugattis don't shut down when you floor the gas pedal.

>start at $2000

Helps your argument more if you don't lie

>ignore dell xps line

>it's okay for Dell's to throttle as much as they want and you have to unplug the battery internally to fix it once it gets stuck at 800mhz

Attached: 1511724628106.jpg (1000x360, 125K)

Thanks dave, subscribed. ;)

>Just put it in the freezer
You can't make this shit up

Attached: image.png (375x375, 138K)

>it throttles
that totally surprised me

>the absolute state of Apple
Holy shit, how delusional do you have to be to defend this?

Found the boomer

Attached: IMG-20180717-WA0016.jpg (648x960, 39K)

Got my finance all settled for the 13" 16GB 256gb BTO

>twf only 2.5% for 5 years with no penalty to pay quicker

oof don't see why can't pay off in 3

Found the brainlet who thinks his shittop is appropriate for workstation tasks

>no powerful laptops exist
>no workstation laptops exist

get out of the 90s grandpa

i'm still getting one

$4099 AUD for 15" second model but can't beat it

""""powerful"""" laptops
""""workstation"""" laptops

They do though
paying for any laptop that isint 8th gen intel for more than $200 is a waste of money the new processors are 50% better multicore.

So there cheapest Quadcore laptop is $2600 AUD

>Taking out a loan for a laptop

I hope your meming

>everyone lives down under
Makes your argument worse

comparable dells are barely any cheaper +/- $200-300

>not having good enough credit to get sick credit loans

Crapple iDiots will still buy it no matter how bad, how shitty, how over-priced or how defective this lame ass laptop/computer turns out to be.

They will devoure anything Crapple shits out, theres always dumb fucking liberals, hipsters or dumb niggers that will buy anything Crapple.

None-of this matters.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 18K)

MACTODDLERS BTFO

What the fuck is the point of that resolution if you're just gonna scale it to a 2006 era resolution?
That's not even 1080p effectively.

Because it's an Apple dumpsterfire. Shallow people like to show off they can afford expensive dumpsterfires to their fellow low IQ idiots for status.

by undervolting you cant actually damage anything, all that can happen is that you crash it from time to time.

It gets ugly when theres no way to reset to default settings and the voltage is too low to actually change it the normal way cuz it will crash upon booting/ entering the Bios.

not him but a high resolution with well done scaling and a non retarded font looks and reads much, much nicer.

If I set my 14" 1080p laptop to 150% scaling (effectively 1280x720 screen size) to read a single PDF it will be much nicer than a 768p 13" next to it.

Same reason why people buy 4k monitors, nearly noone uses them at 100% scale but the higher DPI you get the better intermittent scaling gets.

Downside on a laptop is that you buy this with a much higher price and power consuption.

>throttles
called it

Attached: 1483011431365.png (507x507, 271K)

Its really easy now compared to what I remember in the past. Don't even have to go into bios, just use intel software in windows.

>""""workstation"""" laptops
It's never going to compare to a real workstation, but it's miles better than a typical consumer laptop.

E.g. look at the Dell Precision Mobile 7730, an actual mobile workstation. It can take up to
>Core i9-8950HK or Xeon E-2186M
>64GB ECC or 128GB non-ECC RAM
>Quadro P5200 w/ 16GB GDDR5 or Radeon Pro WX7100 w/ 8GB GDDR5
>17.3" Ultrasharp UHD (3840x2160) IGZO screen with 100% Adobe RGB gamut
>4x M.2 SSDs, or 3x M.2 SSDs with a 2.5" storage device
>Stock options include 2TB M.2 NVMe SSDs
>A metric fuckton of ports: 3x USB3.1 Gen1 ports w/PowerShare, 2x Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports (i.e. supports USB 3.1 Gen 2, DP 1.4), SD card reader, mDP 1.4, HDMI 2.0 port, RJ-45/Ethernet Port, Headphone jack, FPR (optional), IR camera (optional), Smartcard reader, contactless Smartcard reader (optional)
>Actual support for Ubuntu and RHEL
>The entire thing, even the GPU, is modular to facilitate Next-Business-Day On-Site Service, which comes standard for 3 years with purchase

Compare that to the 15" MBP (2018), which is limited to
>Core i9-8950HK with shit cooling
>32GB non-ECC RAM, soldered and non-upgradeable
>Radeon Pro 560X w/ 4GB GDDR5, no Nvidia options at all, soldered and non-upgradeable
>15.4" 2880x1800 IPS screen with DCI-P3 gamut
>1x M.2 SSD, soldered and non-upgradeable
>Stock options include 4TB M.2 NVMe SSDs
>Literally just 4x Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports and a headphone jack, and the 4x ports share 2 controllers
>Optional Applecare, which isn't even NBD or On-Site

Keep in mind specs for the Radeon Pro 560X are
>PCIe 3.0 x8
>128-bit 4GB GDDR5
>907 MHz GPU clock
>1270 MHz RAM clock
>1024 Shaders / 64 TMUs / 16 ROPs

while Radeon Pro WX7100 has
>PCIe 3.0 x16
>256-bit 8GB GDDR5
>1188 MHz GPU clock
>1250 MHz RAM clock
>2304 Shaders / 144 TMUs / 32 ROPs

So WX7100 has double the compute resources, double the memory bandwidth, and double the memory.

Attached: Dell Precision Mobile 7730 Spec Sheet.png (1683x2178, 207K)

What is your opinion on the video he also posted, oh dear good lord of vast judgement?
> youtube.com/watch?v=ip-sZfWaVo0

There the reviewer even uses the Apple's Final Cut Pro, FYI my genius.