MacToddlers will defend this

MacToddlers will defend this.

Attached: justputitinthefreezerbro.png (2560x1440, 2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2018/07/17/2018-macbook-pro-cpu-throttling/
youtu.be/Dx8J125s4cg
imgur.com/a/vVJLCka
old.reddit.com/r/apple/comm...15_inch_macbook_pro_throttles_itself/e2ktw6z/
old.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/8zq5gn/the_core_i9_15_inch_macbook_pro_throttles_itself/e2ktw6z/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck you. It overheats because it's a powerful machine, if you don't want it to overheat don't use it for resource demanding things

It would win if submerged in liquid nitrogen

Why do stupid retards keep criticizing macOS™?

macOS™ is literally the bestest operating system in the world.

macOS™ is POSIX-certified, poopy loonix isn't.

macOS™ has retinal display and DPI scaling.

macOS™ has cognitive interfaces.

macOS™ has round corners.

macOS™ doesn't require a Ph.D. in electrical engineering to master.

macOS™ has all the apps you'll ever need, such as Sublime Text™, the Rust™ compiler and Netflix™.

macOS™ is approved by all gender studies and liberal arts professors.

macOS™ has no viruses unlike poopy PC.

macOS™ costs $15 per update whilst "windows" costs $150 per update.

macOS™ is an environmentalist operating system unlike poopy loonix.

macOS™ has been proven by countless scientific studies to have zero security flaws.

>premiere instead of fcpx
This will be memed to death and be used as PROOF how terrible apple is but the truth is that intel chips have been absolute shit and this isn't isolated to just apple.

This thread has nothing to do with MacOS retard.

>don't use it for resource demanding things
>don't use it for the thing it's supposed to be for
wew
Nobody's criticizing MacOS. We're criticizing the hardware.
Also, there are at least one or two distros that are UNIX certified.

You're not wrong but that doesn't make this acceptable

Small form factor isn't possible without sacrificing performance. Apple products are a perfect example of style of substance.

It's supposed to be for people who need to use the internet and LIGHT work. If you want a full powered machine I will suggest you get a desktop mac. Who else uses laptops for heavy processing? No one, because MacBooks are the best and even they struggle

Apple's hardware engineers are fucking brain dead.

They are not! Why do you think Apple charges a premium for their amazing devices? I bet you can't even afford a used iphone

fuck it, since you brought it up:
>macOS™ is literally the bestest operating system in the world.
debatable. I'd say it's better than Windows, but not by much.
>macOS™ is POSIX-certified, poopy loonix isn't.
You mean UNIX certified? Also i'm pretty sure companies can just pay for that shiny cert.
>macOS™ has retinal display and DPI scaling.
Retina just means high res. Not exclusive to Apple these days. DPI scaling is also available elsewhere.
>macOS™ has cognitive interfaces.
the fuck does this mean? Sounds very subjective..
>macOS™ has round corners.
No more or less round than you can get on other Unices.
>macOS™ doesn't require a Ph.D. in electrical engineering to master.
neither do other OSes
>macOS™ has all the apps you'll ever need, such as Sublime Text™, the Rust™ compiler and Netflix™
so do other OSes
>macOS™ is approved by all gender studies and liberal arts professors.
So is GNU/Linux and FreeBSD. There's plenty of lefties who like them.
>macOS™ has no viruses unlike poopy PC.
Incorrect. I got one this year on my mac. It may get less, but then again, GNU/Linux gets less than both of them.
>macOS™ costs $15 per update whilst "windows" costs $150 per update.
GNU/Linux and *BSD are fucking free.
>macOS™ is an environmentalist operating system unlike poopy loonix.
Actually it seems to be very RAM-inefficient compared to other OSes. I'm not sure how much that relates to the environment, but it's certainly quite a needlessly bloated OS, which can't be good.
>macOS™ has been proven by countless scientific studies to have zero security flaws.
Which explains why I get mailing list reports every week or so about Apple vulnerabilities...

> this isn’t isolated to Apple
yes it is... only Apple puts a 6-core i9 inside an extremely slim chassis with shitty colling.

If they made it slightly thicker, they could increase the heatsinks size, improving thernal performance.

>Who else uses laptops for heavy processing?
Probably all the people who buy "mobile workstation"-class laptops from other vendors. You know, the types of laptops which are similar in specifications to these pro macs? (minus the i9. Other vendors seem to prefer Xeons)

Laptops are not meant to be used for your daily work, and it's silly of you and others to try to use them for that. MacBooks are a status symbol, used by the best thinkers and doers in the industry. They shouldn't need to do the boring and ugly grunt work

Which is exactly what mobile workstations do. See the Thinkpad P series. It's basically this new mac, but they were smart enough to realize that such a powerful device would be a thermal nightmare, so they made it thicker and larger to compensate and make a machine capable of running smoothly and handling the heat.
Apple is literally so dedicated to "muh thin" that they end up fucking things up.

>web filled with complaints about dell xps 9570 throttling
>web filled with complaints about last year's 9560 throttling
Kindly fuck off because your blind hatred of a company and realize that intel's chips for the last 5 years are nothing more then rebranded overclocks whose thermals out of control.

> if you don't want it to overheat don't use it for resource demanding things
the literal state of macfags. Am I holding my phone wrong too?

Here's a wild thought, anons. Do you think the entire reason why Apple is planning on eventually switching everything over to their own processors is because ARM is generally more power-efficient, and rather than improve their chassis design, they'd rather just change processors?

Attached: ARM-processor-chip.jpg (980x997, 134K)

Are you getting dropped signals or connection? Then yeah, probably. Just hold it the correct way, user.

I want this again with the newer gens of those laptops

Attached: throttling vs no throttling.png (1585x867, 1.18M)

You just aren't using it right.

this, you're supposed to use it to browse facebook and itunes on starbucks

macOS updates are free bruh

MacOS is great the hardware is trash. That's why you should do hackintosh instead of buying their product.

>t. assblasted mactoddler

t. Overheating poorfag

>macOS™ costs $15 per update
What year is it? Rather, what years was that ever the case?

Before Yosimete

>mactoddler claiming someone else's computer overheats

Attached: 1527688423691.png (583x323, 130K)

>Poorfag claiming to have enough money to pay for his internet.
How's sitting at Starbucks to use wifi going for you?

>have 6 core CPU
>can't use 6 core CPU
Are you high?

You don't need to use 6 cores, user. They're nice to have but nothing needs that many cores

>How's sitting at Starbucks to use wifi going for you?
#JustMactoddlerThings

Attached: 1500818293652.jpg (487x2435, 1.05M)

>thermals can't even handle stock frequency without throttling
Apple eternally btfo, how will they recover, etc. etc., more at 11

Attached: Core i9 Inside :DD.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

>buying a laptop with an i9 in it

Apple shouldn't have made this product, but also whoever is buying them just fucking shouldn't. Can't really fault apple for selling them if people are buying.

Nice Photoshop

hackintosh sucks for laptops though. you're not going to find any compatible ultrabook with better hardware than a MBP

They missed the opportunity to couple the i9 with a Vega GPU so that it would be the ultimate firehouse laptop.

>yes it is... only Apple puts a 6-core i9 inside an extremely slim chassis with shitty colling.
Dell(it)dzis, here what happens with i9 on Dell.
It's a big part of it. Intel started to constantly shit bed with it's CPU, i9 was quickly put together to deal with AMD and came out as a house fire.
Normies are not going to buy i9 notebook, it's only pros and tech enthusiasts that gonna buy this shit. Now some of them might be not be so tech literate to approximate i9 performance in a slim body, but they care about that stuff and it's going to be more bad press for Apple. Altho if Apple didn't put i9 into it's notebooks people might end up complaining anyways, altho less. Apple needs to either not offer this option since it makes no sense, or release an actual workstation or speed up it's ARM development so they can use it within thermal limits. I don't think macbooks power supply would even allow for prolonged max clocks on i9.

Attached: dell(it)DZIS.png (3840x2160, 292K)

I bet a desktop 2700 wouldn't throttle like that mobile i9.

>macshit
Found your problem.

>it overheats because it's a fast car, if you don't want it to overheat don't drive it on the highway
This is what you sound like. If I wanted a laptop to browse Facebook on I'd buy a Chromebook and have the same experience.

I don't get it... The chip is throttling at 40W? That's literally impossible, even the older retinas (pre 2016) had worse cooling and could easily sustain 45W loads... actually those chips go beyond that (I've seen mine go up to 65W), and that's when you expect it to throttle.

Maybe the GPU is overheating the heatsink? Firmware bug? Slow fans? Apple fuckup? Intel fuckup? What the fuck is going on?
> pic related

Attached: wut.png (2096x1176, 1.74M)

Yeah, don't drive fast cars on the highway if they overheat. Why is this somehow surprising to you?

>even the older retinas (pre 2016) had worse cooling and could easily sustain 45W loads
lol, is that why ULV dells could outperform them? they absolutely could not sustain loads above 25W.

Then why buy the fucking car at all if speed is its selling point? It's going to a store and the shill tells you their product is better than the rest because it has an exclusive feature but when you try to use it it breaks and you're told not to use it that way.

the bait was so obvious and you retards fell for it

holy fucking shit Jow Forums is stupid

inb4
>hurr durr pretending to be retarded

Attached: 1530964346864.jpg (535x529, 27K)

>t. mactoddler

If a car can't be driven fast, then it's not a fast car, dumbass.

You just need to drive it the right way, anons.

"This i9 in the MacBook can’t even maintain the base clock speed. Forget about Turbo Boost, it can’t even maintain the 2.9GHz base clock speed, which is absurd. This CPU is an unlocked, overclock-able chip, but all of that CPU potential is wasted inside this chassis, and the thermal solution inside this chassis."

9to5mac.com/2018/07/17/2018-macbook-pro-cpu-throttling/

MacToddlers will eat this shit up

They underclock it to keep competition fair with everyone else. Can you imagine how mad winbabbies would be if suddenly everyone were able to use their Macs at full potential? I'm thankful that Apple does that, honestly

Attached: 1511958194163.png (744x1340, 73K)

Here's your (you)

It would destroy macfags resulting to whataboutism and backpedaling

>macOS™ has retinal display and DPI scaling.
How can an os have a display? That's hardware, you retard.

this is beyond amazingly hilarious, taker a look at this, someone actually bought it it can only be run at stock speeds if you stick it in the fridge.

>not running your macbook in the fridge
>ishygddt

youtu.be/Dx8J125s4cg

Someone should shop macbook pro connected to fridge or macbook inside fridge.

Apple is a joke of a company.

Honestly, he should go full clickbait with that title at this point, the throttlebook doesn't deserve any level of professional presentation.

>MacBook Pro i9 (freezer)
fucking lost

it's just fucking amazing like I can't believe this shit, how does one of the wealthiest tech companies in the world produce shit like this?

They're wealthy because retards buy their marked up craptops. You don't make money being honest, kiddo.

still has to be functional, even 90's apple wasn't this bad with their froot loop macs

Oh you sweet summer child...

Attached: apple iii thermals.png (686x955, 541K)

Attached: 1529793605191.png (686x955, 520K)

that's the 80's and also hilarious

iMacs in the 1990s were also horribly designed. A typical CRT has vents on all sides to dissipate heat because those things get hot as fuck, except this time they put the rest of the computer right underneath the tube where it gets blasted with heat. Even the Japanese PC98 all-in-ones had a metal shield between the CRT and the computer chassis.

It overheats because they force too much hardware into too small of a space, without adequate cooling and with a preference for passive cooling. Aesthetics and all that.
Don't act like you don't know. The single 6200 rpm senpai the size of a mini CD on the 13" models. They add one more on larger models. The lack of sufficient venting because it isn't pretty. So they hide it behind the display hinge and it works worse the more you tip the display back due to this design. 1 quarter inch by 3 inch opening for the exhaust (at best). Intake is through the IO ports of which there are fewer and fewer. The air flows with less turbulence, they say. The case itself is like a massive heatsink, they say. Kind of like they did with the apple III. It gets so fucking hot, 90-100 C on the CPU die, that the keyboard is noticably hot when you press keys. That the display itself is hot to the touch because of the air flowing behind it. And don't tell me you don't know this shit because I own one of these fuckers and yes they do have an obvious problem with cooling.

I don't remember, I used to use them in school and they seemed to work fine, never crashed playing Snood for instance.

Mavericks was free, Mountain Lion was $20, Lion and Snow Leopard were $30. I don't remember there ever being $15 upgrades.

>mistypes fan
>comes out as senpai
l e l

I think it’s a software bug of Adobe. Also the machine is still new and people who reviewed so far never mentioned the thermal issue.

pic related is my 15 inch 2014 retina (iris pro only model), I did the test right now:
> i7 4770HQ (4c/8t) - 47W
> 2.2GHz base
> 3.4GHz max in single core
> 3.2GHz max in multi core

It's repasted with Gelid GC-Extreme. I'm also using smcFanControl to max out the fans. When maxing out the CPU, I got the following results:
> throttle down to 2.9GHz (4 core) - therefore still above the 2.2GHz base, and only .3GHz below the maximum multicore clock speed (3.2GHz)
> it never throttles down to less than 40W.

To be fair, even with the repaste it can't hold the 47W TDP, however it's not nearly as bad as the i9.

Attached: test.png (3360x2100, 749K)

MacBooks were always thermal throttling themselves under load. I had that issue with a 2013 MBP, I had it with a 2017 MBP. I have zero reasons to not believe this MBP i9 doesn't have this issue.

How hot does the i9 one become that it's slower than the i7 version?

>How hot does the i9 one become
100ºC

>his senpai doesn't rotate at 6200rpm

Apple will definitely fix this thermal throttling issue via an software update in the future. And once that happens and Apps get optimized to this all new i9 chip this problem will vanish automatically.

Remember, no one has ever used this chip in a laptop like this ever as of yet. This is new territory for any laptop vendor. Usually Apple gets things right with their thermals on their laptops but this must have been a hard one given the thin chassis and new 6 core high clock speed CPU, but I'm pretty confident they'll fix this in the near future.

Picked from Macrumors forums:

"I bought this machine (i9 / 32 GB / 1 TB) and while it benchmarks fine I am setting extremely thermal throttling if I let it run for longer than ~2 minutes. With Prime 95 I'm throttling down to 800 Mhz (you read that right) at around the 2 minute mark. With Cinebench I'm down to 2.4-2.5Ghz (from a base clock of 2.9 GHz).

Here's the Prime95 data: imgur.com/a/vVJLCka

And here's my reddit post with more benchmarks: old.reddit.com/r/apple/comm...15_inch_macbook_pro_throttles_itself/e2ktw6z/

TLDR: Feels bad man."

>throttling down to 800 Mhz
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

THE MEME IS BACK

>Usually Apple gets things right with their thermals on their laptops

This is what mactoddlers actually believe.

Attached: 1527154842495.gif (200x150, 261K)

you can't post a link with ... mofo

>I'm throttling down to 800 Mhz (you read that right)

Attached: 1513629608820.png (804x876, 456K)

I do machine learning stuff with my 2017 MacBook Pro and have zero issues. Being said, most of the truly stressful stuff is offloaded to the server because even a decent desktop would take days to finish what the server does in hours. It is company supplied and they just emailed me today informing me the latest and greatest was on the way soon. I told them I didn't want it, but they said too bad and the $6,000 machine is on the way.

>inb4 meme job

It pays extremely well and most of my time is just spent waiting for the servers finishing any ways. Plus, it it nice playing having multiple servers costing hundreds of thousands of dollars to play with at home.

not sure if this is a sarcastic post or not

Attached: theFeels.jpg (500x390, 45K)

repaste it and you should be fine.

>i-i-i-it won't overheat if you only do tasks a chromebook can handle with ease!!!111
Mactoddlerism.

I don't get why these people have trouble coming up with better ways to benchmark cpus than video rendering programs. There are multiple built-in standard Unix utilities capable of hitting 100% on each core.

>MacToddlers will defend this.

The guy who made the video that this chart is from is a self-admitted Mac user who is NOT defending this...

And everyone else is right up there. It's a spec bump, not a redesign like everyone wanted.

lowkey jelly of your job. Where do you work? FAANG company?

Sorry I fucked up.I fetched link:

old.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/8zq5gn/the_core_i9_15_inch_macbook_pro_throttles_itself/e2ktw6z/

"Jeez man, that’s not cool. My iPhone runs high clock speeds than that."

If it is anything like the old one, I shouldn't need to. Most of what I do is burst style load. I'd imagine sustained load would kill it. Oddly enough, the only real thing that taxes it is when the massive datasets are opened locally. That is mostly due to it chewing up all the RAM and trying to offload stuff.

>artificial benchmarks that have never in history ever produced workloads and CPU utilization comparable to real world applications
Completely useless.

>it's a spec bump
>actually downgrades the performance
awesome!

Keep the 2017 model, open the new one and hope that Apple didn't change their proprietary NVMe drive. If they didn't, put it into the 2017 MBP.

Get a 2TB flash storage on a machine you know doesn't thermal throttle as hard.

You sound like a pissed off autistic child. I never once defended it. I just proclaimed it mostly works for my use case.
I am one of the lead data scientists for Deloitte.

You can't because the drive is soldered on the mainboard. Yep you read that right SOLDERED SSD on a laptop like it's a phone or tablet.

As stated in another post I just posted, the RAM boost is what I am needing the most. Hell, my desktop has 512GB of ram and It is tapped out with some datasets.