Security nightmare

Intel ME, Meltdown, Spectre, TLBleed ...

why are we paying our hard earned money for this cancer?

Attached: intel.jpg (596x448, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

it.slashdot.org/story/13/12/18/2122226/scientists-extract-rsa-key-from-gnupg-using-sound-of-cpu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 1447161347847.jpg (1846x1923, 607K)

>Spectre, TLBleed
These effect most, if not virtually all, systems, not just Intel. And honestly, these are more the fault of the OS being stupid.

> not just Intel

true, but AMD is a lot less vulnerable, due to the way they implemented speculative execution

> And honestly, these are more the fault of the OS being stupid.

no, this is a fundamental problem in the CPU's microarchitecture. it will take intel 5 years to release a CPU without this flaw

>true, but AMD is a lot less vulnerable, due to the way they implemented speculative execution
Citation needed. From what's easily available, including amd's own security updates page, I don't see why you would think they're "a lot less vulnerable".

>no, this is a fundamental problem in the CPU's microarchitecture.
Are you sure you even understand what these attacks are? Meltdown is due to a problem in Intel's architecture. SPectre and TLBleed do not rely on that flaw.
TLBleed is due to running different processes' code on the same physical core. If the OS doesn't place different 'security levels' of code on the same physical core, and didn't time slice the execution of security-critical code, TLBleed literally wouldn't work. Spectre is similar.
Hardware functionality can be added that allows the OS to better prevent these side channel attacks without losing as much performance, but do not mistake the lack of this functionality as a flaw that allows for the vulnerability; These specific attacks are entirely preventable by the OS, the reason they aren't is because the OS forgoes the extra checks it could have done in favor of faster performance.

If you think any of these vulnerabilities aren't decades old, you're just reacting to the buzz. You can crack ongoing encryption simply by having a (cellphone) microphone record the ambient sounds your computer/laptop makes.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Intel CPU architecture. The design is extremely subtle, and without a solid ignorance of theoretical security concerns most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Intel CEO's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Microsoft pajeet codemonkeys, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they're speculatively funny. As a consequence people who dislike Intel truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in having a 50% loss in performance due to massive security flaws, which itself is a cryptic reference to microsoft's major performance downgrade from Windows 8 to windows 10. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Intel's genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Skylake tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

DELID DIS

Attached: the goym knows.png (354x504, 129K)

> you have to have a very high IQ to understand Intel CPU architecture

which you clearly don't

Your new is showing, go back to hackernews

because intel cpu just works and better than AMD

Happy merchant memes are childish and obnoxious.

i dont know maybe because their threading engine does on the fly encryption?which kinda elliminates the problem with the chip itself
BUT it cant really do much about the ASMEDIA chip and its content around the cores

it sure as fuck won't be fixed in the icelake (and its derivatives) gen of chips

the jewtel ME backdoor will probably only get worse with time

Where are my 10nm?

Attached: 1505924784_10nm-intel-chip-process_story.jpg (760x435, 56K)

>If you think any of these vulnerabilities aren't decades old, you're just reacting to the buzz. You can crack ongoing encryption simply by having a (cellphone) microphone record the ambient sounds your computer/laptop makes.
Huh?

in the shitter. intel royally fucked up their 10nm node.

>we
Speak for yourself fuckboy. Ryzen since launch.

Attached: 1409284818545.jpg (644x616, 34K)

bad goy

Not him, but your processor emits different ulta-high pitched noises for different functions it performs. Recording and analysing this will allow you to obtain the secret.
it.slashdot.org/story/13/12/18/2122226/scientists-extract-rsa-key-from-gnupg-using-sound-of-cpu

>TLBleed is due to running different processes' code on the same physical core. If the OS doesn't place different 'security levels' of code on the same physical core

Well... amd has (and unlike intel is pushing for ) more physical cores so it is more likely that proceses will be on different cores. Thus amd less vulnerable!

I run 4 desktops almost close to each other. how could they tell each one apart if they are less than 5 feet apart form each other?

Attached: download.jpg (869x960, 117K)

Bullshit, AMD has at least 4 class action lawsuits in regards of the Spectre vulnerability because they willfully let dumb fucks like you think they are a lot less vulnerable.

>Citation needed.
any of the previous threads where we discussed this already

Many of these could be fixed in a BIOS firmware update. Unfortunately many motherboard manufacturers don't give a shit. Especially on older hardware. My MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming motherboard has not had a BIOS update since 2015!

>spectre paper proves that intel and arm are vulnerable.
>spectre papaer speculates that it might be also applicabke to amd
>under no condition spectre has been verified to be applicable on amd platform
Amd is sued and banckrupt and finished

and none of them will ever be won because no one can any CONFIRMED way to hack into the psp yet

This, in fact it is required by Israeli law.

I’m suing your mom because I accused her of raping a million little children in bathrooms too.

has Ice Lake already taped out? did they make any hardware changes to fix/mitigate Spectre?

>did they make any hardware changes to fix/mitigate Spectre
no

>hardware vulnerability because of the need to have the fastest single cores
>its software guyz

NOOOOO

Attached: 1515405625810.png (675x827, 35K)

Did this affect sparc?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1216x731, 107K)

>Citation needed
This isn't Wikipedia faggot redditor

Because you are american and/or teached/owned (as in pwnd) by american culture and the cancer that is unregulated capitalism crawling out of it.

Attached: 1531823227394.jpg (1378x1378, 102K)

fuck, that's hot

got any ass pics

>redditor
[citation needed]