/XMPP/ Genral XMPP Thread

/XMPP/ Genral XMPP Thread

>What is XMPP?
Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol is a communication protocol for message-oriented middleware based on XML. It enables the near-real-time exchange of structured yet extensible data between any two or more network entities.

>Federation
The XMPP network uses aclient–serverarchitecture; clients do not talk directly to one another. The model is decentralized - anyone can run a server. By design, there is no central authoritative server as there is with services such asWhatsapp and Facebook messenger.

>Security
You can use differend kind of encryption to encryption the message's. One of the most used encryption protocol in XMPP is Omemo. OMEMO is an extension to the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol for multi-client end-to-end encryption developed by Andreas Straub. According to Straub, OMEMO uses the Double Ratchet Algorithm "to provide multi-end to multi-end encryption, allowing messages to be synchronized securely across multiple clients, even if some of them are offline".

>XMPP Servers
privacy.farm
creep.im
xmpp.jp
magicbroccoli.de
blah.im
yax.im

Attached: 57a798b8-8574-4c92-8e99-1f3f50680f34.jpg (473x487, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

list.jabber.at/
conversations.im/compliance/
xmpp.partidopirata.com.ar/upload/b9fcca60-a91d-4c43-a685-ce330ecca0ec/xmpp_compliance.html
f-droid.org/en/packages/eu.siacs.conversations/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump
--kek

why would you use omeme over otr?

>multi end
>an actual functional standard
>proper libraries exist
vs
>some hacked together garbage that only functions during the right moonphase

>Thinks oh meme is better than otr

Just use both.

Better than riot.im and shitcord

Attached: Globe-Sabre-Dark-Grey,-Grey-&-White-Skate-Shoes-_277899.jpg (360x427, 14K)

OMEMO over XMPP is the key to freedom and privacy. Private is PRIVATE. There is absolutely no doubt that only the intended recipients are the only ones receiving your messages.

Unlessnyou are in a group of people and people use different devices. No one really checks if it is the same use. Moslty you just trust the key without checking

Now we are talking about groups, there os a Jow Forums group [email protected]

This is a problem in every public group. If you're in a group with say, your family, you can easily verify the devices

Yes that is very much true. If you really want to verify, you should probably use openpgp instead of omemo.

that group dosent even use omemo

Because it is a public group, you van only use omemo in invite only groups, brainlet.

irc

Is XMPP still used? I thought it was way less popular than IRC.

It is way less popular than IRC.

What client do I use on desktop?
Gajim does have OMEMO, but it does not securely connect to servers, sending your password in plaintext. Other clients do not have OMEMO.

Attached: 2b33ff35-6c1a-4fa2-b8c0-891d4d275d17.png (1024x736, 991K)

It is less popular than irc. This is not a valid reason to not use it though, as it is objectively amazing

Conversations for for android. Gajim or Pidgin for ganoo slash loonix

Get in here and cum shitpost with us you bunch of faggots.

KandruIM for Android is also good but also FREE (as in beer).

Conversations is also free (as in beer and in freedom). Your point?

But Gajim cannot connect securely and Pidgin cannot take advantage of all modern Jabber features.

what do you mean woth can not connect securely?

>gajim cannot connect securely
?

Basically in the options theres a vauge checkmark that just says "connect securely" but it errors out and does not work in the latest version of Gajim if you try it, forcing you to send passwords in plaintext.

Authentication is done over TLS nigger.

negro depands on the server, but most use tls (https)

DEAR MATRIX SHILLS:
is direct messaging possible? or do you have to make a room and then incite that person

Attached: yuri_herbivore_carnivore_kabedon.png (836x1200, 958K)

Also to xmpp shills: are there any cute servers to register on like yuri.im is for matrix?

Attached: 1503121050764.jpg (700x498, 306K)

Get yourself an account on privacy.farm
We have tons of cute and willing boys here.

No I mean the domain name

The fuck I know.
Just get on privacy.farm.

Have a list
list.jabber.at/
You can also alyways host your own on your own degenerate domain, plus cock.li accounts have also jabber accounts automatically

Nevermind, I remember my old xmpp account.

any experience with jsxc?

Javascript is considered harmful.

and any xmpp client that isn't both normie friendly and omeme supporting is considered useless
xmpp backend of jsxc is ejabbered instance and nobody forces you to use their client, so I see no problem
Don't get me wrong, I hate js too, but apparently there is not a single half decent desktop client for xmpp.

How do those severs stack up to others?
conversations.im/compliance/

xmpp.partidopirata.com.ar/upload/b9fcca60-a91d-4c43-a685-ce330ecca0ec/xmpp_compliance.html

Which is the most normalfag friendly client preferably a slack clone

gajim

gajim says remote server not found for that meme muc posted itt.

Ew no gajim is ugly

[email protected] cuck

Attached: 935334cc-5c4e-4e19-9890-f6a540f72ab5.png (235x106, 2K)

Ff

our negro is working on it

>Conversations
>free
Not for me.

Attached: 20-50-45-199_2018.png (1366x768, 3.01M)

>buying at jew's store
f-droid.org/en/packages/eu.siacs.conversations/

Signal user here, fight me

Attached: 1024x1024sr.jpg (1024x1024, 44K)

>playstore
It's like you hate freedom

>depends on playstore botnet
>centralised server, metadata can and will be collected
>can't self-host
>can't easily create multiple accounts
>accounts are tied to phone numbers which can be traced back to humans