Whats an open source comms app for ios and android THAT ACTUALLY WORKS 100% OF THE TIME?

Whats an open source comms app for ios and android THAT ACTUALLY WORKS 100% OF THE TIME?

Attached: serveimage.png (600x600, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ejabberd.im/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>ios
Who cares?

I guess you want something that's P2P and thus doesn't rely on any servers. Tox maybe? I have no idea what the state of that project is though.

>P2P
Probably not, I'd like a signal alternative, install and play.

You're never going to get actual 100% uptime on such a centralized service.

Wire

Then Telegram is for you

Russian botnet?
Pfff that shits broken.

>Russian botnet?
People still believe for this shit?

Signal works nicely here.

Tox.chat

Uhm..... yes?
It's closed source, how do I know they don't just XOR every message with the last message sent or some shit and call it encryption?

It's actually semi open source

Also why is it banned by the Russian government while you called it Russian botnet?

this
its cool, it werkz, its semi-open source and secret chat encrypts everything end to end.
Durov did it.

Attached: 1531510269957.jpg (626x602, 58K)

Because russians are manipulators and won't find it hard to extort some nerds.

Unironically, Signal.

Best end to end encrypted messenger I've ever used. Plus it's fast, reliable, and looks beautiful.

There's a couple open source SMS clients I'm sure.

Semi open source and going on full open source

Attached: 2018-07-18-123427_851x106_scrot.png (851x106, 28K)

Wire
>works 100% of the time
Oh nevermind, no such thing.

The new client is 100% closed source

You obviously want xmpp. As a protocol, you can host your own server for friends and family and make sure it works 100% of the time. Both major servers are free software as well as most of the clients. There's literally no downside whatsoever to this, just use it and it werks

Attached: serveimage(2).png (1200x1234, 86K)

SIP also works. Linphone is the shit.

Meeting up with your friends at a bar and having a conversation with them

OP's pic related

tox fucking sucks, no offline messages make it worthless

Telegrams server side is closed source. They developed their own encryption methods which is a huge red flag. I wouldn't call it secure

I use signal on iOS but it sucks compared to the droid version. If you don't open it you don't receive your message

The droid version lets you send regular texts and tells you when you get a message

How do I host a server?

Signal and Wire both use Electron framework which is owned by Microsoft now.

Glowdarkies: 1
Jow Forums: 0

ejabberd.im/

So I just install that and run it like a videogame server does as well?

Pretty much, yeah. I don't have any experience in it whatsoever but the admins of the servers i used so far said it's not too hard to use. We tested it in my company for a week and my colleagues had no problems in setting it up, so things are probably okay

Ah great. How do I make it run through Tor?

I don't know. You can probably ask the owner of creep.im for advice as he has set it up himself

Thanks!