HELP Jow Forumsbros

I recently purchased an Amerimutt Nintendo Wii and I totally forgot about the 120v vs 220v thingy and fried my powe supply I went ahead and purchased a replacement power supply, now my Nintendo Wii power light is red and it's not turning on.
What do I do?

Attached: 41XM4A0DD6L._SX425_.jpg (425x384, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo Wii Drive Board Fuse Replacement/4029
gbatemp.net/threads/wii-wont-turn-on-after-wiring-to-battery-pack.450426/
vocaroo.com/i/s0GqrwQO2BNu
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shitty bait. The original Wii power supply is multi voltage, even when the part identifiers for them are regional.

Wow surely a big brained smart European like yourself can figure that out! Why, an American like me wouldn't know a thing right?

Saged btw

Don't compare me to Yurotards, we use 220v in South Africa.

Well you where dumb enough to fall for his bait and announce sage

So wait, the power supply should automatically detecte the needed Voltage? because the moment I plugged it in I heard a loud electric noise and the Switch didn't turn on until purchasing a replacement power supply but now it's just showing a red light and it's not doing anything!

post picture of label on your "fried" us power supply or begone fake faggot

Attached: IMG_20180718_145638.jpg (3120x4160, 1.55M)

The adapter is dead. Red light on Wii is stand-by, meaning it likely works.

Yes that is the original adapter that got fried when I first plugged it in, I've purchased a new compatible adapter and my Wii finally has power but it's does not turn on.

I hear a faint clicking noise inside the Wii.

Drive trying to start up most likely. Does the light colour change?

Also take a picture of the new adapter label.

Cool story bro

Attached: Clipboard02.png (829x978, 197K)

new one on the left and old one on the right
No user, the colour does not cahnge it's constant red.
Also there is a faint clicking inside the new adapter.

Attached: IMG_20180718_150901.jpg (3120x4160, 1.44M)

Attached: IMG_20180718_151557.jpg (2368x4208, 1.19M)

Hmmm, the only thing that comes to mind is that it blew capacitor inside the Wii. Open it up and look for obvious problems. If it's a cap, replacement is trivial and going to cost you like 10 cents. Is the adapter legit or some chink copy?

It's a chick copy as stated by the website selling it

Measure the voltage on the plug that goes to Wii just to be safe. If it's not supplying enough current it might be problem as well. I suspect the capacitor or fuse or something in the Wii though.

> I hear a faint clicking noise inside the Wii.
There are several fuses inside, one for the drive and one for the whole unit. You have power light, so it's probably the drive one.
ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo Wii Drive Board Fuse Replacement/4029

Why would a fuse make a clicking noise? Surely it's relay related.

Chink Multimeter is not working.
I can't find anything on the internet about a capacitor or a fuse inside the Wii.
Should the Drive one affect the console's ability to turn on?

At first I thought that it's the drive trying to do drive things. But I've found something else: if the PSU itself is clicking, the mobo's dead (it's short circuit protection kicking in).
Probably, wiis are pretty paranoid about drives.

Check here:
gbatemp.net/threads/wii-wont-turn-on-after-wiring-to-battery-pack.450426/

Here is an audio recording of said sound.
vocaroo.com/i/s0GqrwQO2BNu

Not even continuity? If it's like says, then try sticking it in a Wii. If it beeps, then cap probably made a bridge. If not then it might be more complex.

That doesn't sound like a relay. If it's in the Wii itself and you have a power light, I'd call this a drive problem.

I'll assemble and try the method you provided.
Thanks user.
I'll get back to you anons soon, wish me luck