ITT: IT related software that trigger boomers

ITT: IT related software that trigger boomers

>Docker
>Kubernetes
>Terraform

Attached: 1530583381742.jpg (306x231, 18K)

Literally anynew buzzword

Docker is alright tho
You can just make to containers and they stick

lol cloudfags
It's much cheaper to own your infrastructure if you aren't chasing every tech fad.

I have no idea what any of that is but I don't feel like I'm missing out on something so I can't be bothered to find out.

It's most likely meme shit that's unnecessarily complicated though. Muh job security right.

let us welcome the first butthurt boomer in this thread

>It's much cheaper to own your infrastructure
kek

Attached: 1530504389626.jpg (800x712, 98K)

Attached: Fat-nerd-computer.jpg (640x480, 37K)

Yeah but that's the thing tho
Companies do exactly that
SaaS will gain more and more market share in next few years

>t.

Attached: zoomer.png (820x324, 197K)

being reliant on 3rd parties for infrastructure and service is a great way to make sure you have fires to put out.
Cloud is fine if you are flush with VC cash and have sold investors pie in the sky promises...
But if you are a company looking to sustain itself decade over decade, letting 3rd parties hold your company hostage is a really bad idea.
Plus, it's not that hard to manage your own infrastructure.

this boomer meme is shit

why haven't mods banned anyone for it when it is against the fucking rules

>react

you must be trolling us, right?, I really don't believe you're serious

I'm totally serious.
The point of cloud, and even leasing equipment, is to be able to scale up over a short timeframe.
Otherwise, it's much less expensive to manage and own your own shit.

coding an app

Attached: 1531177791687.png (485x443, 35K)

then I don't really think you understand how servers are used in real businesses. It's not just a computer that's leased. You can scale up and down and pay as you go per second as your load goes up and down, most heavy server side software are deployed as distributed systems and you can't even tell how much computational power you need a priori, also servers are mostly distributed all over the world and coordinated with DNS to get users to the nearest server to their location to load balance the total load.

Even the biggest tech companies like Netflix and Snapchat use cloud vendors like AWS and GCP because it's so much cheaper and dynamic to buying their own infrastructure

>tfw missed out on the app hype a decade ago and now everything's already done to death and I can't think of anything that would make me a good amount of money so I rather stay NEET on social security

There is a lot more to infrastructure than selling some service that might be hot for a couple months then be replaced by the next thing.
Rinse and repeat.

Mos businesses aren't dev shoppes cranking out vowel-less apps. Our infrastructure needs are predictable; not subject to the whim of marketing hype and capricious consumers. We don't buy anything that doesn't have a lifespan of at least 5 years. But I guess our billion dollar company isn't "real business" to you.

what is not predictable in using cloud servers and storage?

>But I guess our billion dollar company isn't "real business" to you

what is that company?

>what is not predictable in using cloud servers and storage?
Lots of stuff. Mostly who is actually running it (aka farmed out to a bunch of pajeets) as well as 'paradigm changes' because cloud service sees some new niche to chase after. Sure, you can lock some of that down in contracts, SLAs, etc, but when they invariably fail, it's up to you to remediate and get recourse.

Like I'm going to tell someone on 4chinz what company. It doesn't matter anyway.

Because mods are nu-Jow Forums faggots. Also DSFARGEG.

again you didn't answer what is NOT PREDICTABLE about using cloud?

>Like I'm going to tell someone on 4chinz what company. It doesn't matter anyway

If it's a billion dollar company like you say, what are you afraid of? you are one of at least hundreds of employees, I just want to know the nature of this tech company, nothing more.

don't be offended, but I am feeling I am talking with a NEET or someone who's pretending to know things while he's totally wrong at a fundamental level.

It's not just small businesses or hippy apps that use AWS et al., even the biggest tech services use it because it is much more economic and flexible to the most dynamic requirements

Small application -- self hosting
medium to large applications-- cloud
Very large -- self hosting

I work at very popular website and we use AWS + own hardware.