Android to iOS

The only iphone I've owned was a 4S for about a month, but I've owned an ipod touch 4th gen for more than 6 years before it broke. Before I make the switch, I want to see if ios has certain features that I have on android, or if I might be losing them in the process.

>Using a web browser to download an mp3, and using a media/podcast player of my choice to play it and remember playback location
>third party youtube app to download audio rips of videos that can be played by player of choice
>torrent app
>file manager, i.e. windows explorer-esque functionality that allows me to move, copy, delete files, organize folders, etc.
>widgets like google drive shortcuts or folder shortcuts
>system-wide adblocking
>ability to install apps outside of app store (a la APK functionality on android)
>using two apps at once via splitscreen mode
youtube PIP while using other apps
>attaching any file you want to emails, i.e. file manager functionality
>third party audiobook app (aka not audible) that can play my own audiobook files
>does google drive have the same functionality on ios as it does on android?

Attached: 1529806042783.jpg (1080x1350, 221K)

iOS has none of that or crappy versions of that

iOS has no file system, no multitasking, no copy and paste, and no third party apps so you can't do any of these things

>torrent
>3rd youtube
>system wide adblocker
>app outside of app store
Nope
>Google drive functionalities
The same on both

Didn't a recent version of ios introduce a file manager app?

Damn

I don't know or care but I'm talking about iOS 1.0

They introduced it but you can access only the icloud files, like files on desktop of you macbook.

Neither. I'll take the THOT in OP's pic instead.

Attached: 3A310E59-2FF9-4B61-ABF2-1B6B1257A21E.jpg (750x321, 153K)

no copy and paste,

Attached: AEBADB86-BF6A-4630-B7D5-F2887EBA33AD.jpg (750x552, 144K)

Get an Android and then get CopperheadOS on it.

This is bait but I like your style OP

Attached: 7358009F-45AC-4501-9C2B-2961342188F8.jpg (1361x1760, 649K)

At least you've given him replies, but ignored other points.

Not bait. I've been thinking about switching to iphone because the battery on android phones is unreliable and I want to try the normiepill.

>le blue bubble maymay

Attached: 1530095788644.jpg (1080x1080, 156K)

Well I got bad news for you then. You somehow seem to compile a fairly long list of wants that pretty much define the difference between Android and iOS. iPhone does almost none of what you want. That said, I have an iPhone myself and I like the hell out of it. I also have a Pixel and it's cool too. For anything they both do, the iPhone is almost universally better. But there are a lot of things android does that the iPhone can't barring a jailbreak. So maybe try that if you want to go the iPhone route. Here's something else you might like.. iPhone is so much smoother than Android that even a 6S which is like 3 years old will feel just as smooth as the latest Android flagship. And you can get a used 6S for around 200 dollars saving yourself a bunch of money.

>>Using a web browser to download an mp3, and using a media/podcast player of my choice to play it and remember playback location
Think there's download tweaks for safari. I'd like to know too
>>third party youtube app to download audio rips of videos that can be played by player of choice
Same as above
>>torrent app
iTransmission
>>file manager, i.e. windows explorer-esque functionality that allows me to move, copy, delete files, organize folders, etc.
iFile, Filza
>>widgets like google drive shortcuts or folder shortcuts
Don't know
>>system-wide adblocking
Untrusted hosts blocker
>>ability to install apps outside of app store (a la APK functionality on android)
Cydia Impactor but needs PC
>>using two apps at once via splitscreen mode
Medusafied and a few others
>youtube PIP while using other apps
Doubt it
>>attaching any file you want to emails, i.e. file manager functionality
Don't know but probably possible
>>third party audiobook app (aka not audible) that can play my own audiobook files
Don't know

I want to switch too but the restrictions are annoying. Remember there is no USB OTG and no MTP support either, you can SSH into your phone to transfer files but I still would like using cables without needing iTuneshit.

I compiled that list precisely because it contained functions that I suspected were not possible on ios, but I wanted to be proven wrong. Idk if I can favor smoothness over functionality.

These are jailbreak features I presume? Do you speak from experience?

I used a 4s myself, some of these I used and some I heard about. You need to be jailbroken for "tweaks" but for standalone apps you can just sideload.

Still there doesn't seem to be anything like Newpipe or Simple Gallery which is disappointing, jailbreak community devs prefer to tweak existing apps rather than create alternatives it seems.

>iOS has no file system
Nigger do you know how an OS works

If you're too poor to afford Spotify you shouldn't be buying an iPhone

Because the other points are actually valid?

You can get SEs for $100 though. Very cheap for an A9 device.

Who is that deamon?

>no copy and paste,
i think he meant...

Bump

Attached: 1531937467698.jpg (1080x1350, 215K)

Readdle’s Documents app is a fantastic file manager, media player, and all around Swiss Army knife app. I use it all the time to listen to audiobooks I’ve downloaded (it will remember my position in a long file). You can download an mo3 in safari and either open it in the default music app or another app of your choosing. The new files app is pretty handy for sharing files between apps. I also use iCabMobile as my main browser to download from sites, download pics, download YouTube vids, etc. everything stays within its own sandbox or can be sent to other apps or accessed via the files app.

The only thing really missing from your list is a torrent client I’ve never needed one, although I do side load popcorn time sometimes and download and save movies or tv. Also no YouTube pip, it is available on the iPad but not phones.

Thanks nigga

Attached: 1531937477019.jpg (1080x720, 59K)

the only thing I miss from my iphone 6s to my moto z2 force was the better audio recording when recording meetings at work. Other than that, I fucking love android.

lmao seething andriod fag

Actually PIP is available with tweaks it seems: ForceInPicture and YouPIP.

Guess I was wrong

Yeah, if you’re jail broken. But the jb community is less and less worth joining.

No prob. I’ve run iOS since 2008. I’ve had plenty of android devices too, but much prefer iOS