/spg/ - Smartphone General

Notch-kia X5 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

previous thread

Attached: gsmarena_002.jpg (728x607, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

androidguys.com/news/note-8s-x2-zoom-toggle-doesnt-always-use-the-telephoto-sensor/
gsmarena.com/deal_essential_giving_away_its_360_camera_for_19-news-32290.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Already posted in different thread but I got it for 178 with a case for 9, what are y'alls experiences with it? Hear really good things about it for a budget phone

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-18-01-20-44-1.png (720x603, 119K)

Why should not I buy Nokia 7? Why do i repost it ?

Attached: 1502293788371.jpg (404x614, 24K)

As a guy interested in purchasing it as well, my only complaint is the non-unlockable bootloader, so if anybody has any suggestions I'd be happy to hear them

Attached: ynq3b3ktzc611.jpg (1200x1600, 176K)

Nokia 7, or 7 Plus?

Plus , sry im a retard

Any alternatives to Google Pixel (not XL) under $250? NFC and good camera required.

How do l restart my phone without pressing the power button?

I have an S5 which is showing her age. I plan to replace it with either the S9 (regular) or Pixel 2 XL.

The S9 is about 100 bucks more expensive than the Pixel, is it worth the premium? Stereo speaker is a must.

Start

Attached: 15319263221950.jpg (742x402, 79K)

>spending more than $50 on a phone

Attached: mfw.jpg (200x200, 11K)

How does xiaomi mi a1 compare to nexus 5? trying to get similar phone with vanilla os meme without downgrading for worse

Attached: hmm cat a face.jpg (405x405, 15K)

where the FUCK is my XZ2 Premium??

Attached: 1473090171117.gif (330x300, 953K)

you can unlock it, but you need to pay 5 dollars, many people on xda unlocked the bootloader and rooted their phones

Pixel is a no brainer because of TouchJizz bloat on Samsung phones. They always slow down to a crawl after a couple of months.

Is there any good smart phones that are also flip phones that are available in USA? I still use a flip phone and shit would have so much better battery and probably cheaper. I only seen them as imports and that's a bitch to deal with price and other issues wise.

nice maymay buddy
the s9 is the undisputed king of the android world as of now and you know it
fucking pakis shitting on expensive stuff

Too obvious.

Attached: 1531248337644.jpg (1395x1920, 939K)

Wait for Pixel 3

Why should I install a custom ROM? Is it just to keep Google-sama from watching me and selling from my data, or is there something else?

What phone did you get on Amazon goyim day?

Attached: 1531464159458.jpg (1031x793, 138K)

I wanted the essential phone but the lack of a headphone jack just kills it for me

mfw getting new battery in my 6s because all new phones are shit and it just werks

Attached: B3AF9056-4E1C-4EB6-AA62-BE7A67C1E816.jpg (484x417, 84K)

I ended up getting one in white, but I almost got the Moto x4 just for Google fi, what killed that for me was the Amazon bloat.

Wait until touch IC defect sets in.

I'm buying a chinkphone today on Gearbest. Xiaomi A1 is ok?

moving to Japan and want to get a high-end phone, what recs? any domestic models I should look at? currently have a xperia z5

Attached: 1510867096024.jpg (1153x1552, 409K)

If you get the Moto X4 through Google Fi you get the Android One version, without Amazon bloat.

you have not used, owned or even seen a s8/9 irl
fuck off
>b-but the internet told me
the internet also told you the s9 is the best android phone out at the moment
make your mind up paki

i'm interested in huawei p20 lite for ca 280€ (Amazon)
> headphone jack
> sufficient cam
> dual sim/sd
> 3000mAh batt
> nice size
> acceptable speed

whats the downside?

I made that change, it's pretty much the same but better (with native os at least)

Oneplus 6 - 8GB/256GB

Get a Redmi Note 5 instead

It's average all around and not really worth paying almost 300€ for. Get a Redmi Note 5, better and cheaper.

XZ2 Premium

i got a key2 a few days ago and i've been playing with the cameras and just realised that the camera app doesn't used the telephoto sensor for 2x photos, it uses the main camera with a 2x digital zoom. might return it

Attached: key-1.jpg (2000x1300, 555K)

This alongside a locked bootloader.

Does anyone know why is there a red version of the Redmi Note 5 on Goldway yet not anywhere else? Is it a special color edition that only they have?

do not buy the fucking Pixel i dont understand the fucking obsesion with these fucking phones, in my experience its a piece of shit and just tries to compete with apple . for its price mine as well buy the one plus 6 or the iphone 8. I do not recomend samshit at all or the pixels.source(i used to work for verizon) people used to return the pixels because they had lots of problems, shit even verizon dropped the price to 200$ at one point because people was not gonna pay 800 dollars for that bullshit.

If it's like the other telephoto camera phones, sometimes they use the secondary sensor, sometimes digital zoom with the primary sensor. Don't know why it's done like that.

EDIT:
Found an article about it
androidguys.com/news/note-8s-x2-zoom-toggle-doesnt-always-use-the-telephoto-sensor/

oh cool thank you
>EDIT:
no thank you

can't decide between note 8 and p20 pro, I can get one of them for free

I think the p20 pro is more beautiful, especially twilight
but I don't give a damn about the camera, I just want the best multimedia device
and I think the note 8 is better in that case
but the p20 is just so beautiful

REEEEEEEE
I'm going to buy the nokia 7 plus
Convincing me not to do it pls

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 3K)

What phone lets me play the original fallouts in it?

Attached: BB03009F-97B8-4596-A9FD-8364DBEF7DCF.png (516x284, 83K)

Goddamnit nokia unlock your fucking phones they're sexy as shit. REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Getting this bad boiii tomorrow. Is the matt back as slippery as the regular model?

Attached: 51ZWF-gxYAL._AC_SY400_.jpg (332x400, 25K)

I currently have a Moto E4 as my phone, and it's fantastic - aside from the cracked screen that happened recently. Looking to kind of get best bang for buck, preferrably around the $50-70 price point. Would I better off spending $100? I'm looking to primarily use it as a portable internet device, and playing some games ( that one weebshit honkai game I've gotten into and it's pretty fun)

Expect to buy another phone in a year's time if you're lucky

>Expect to buy another phone in a year's time if you're lucky
Why?

Redmi Note 6 is out then

OnePlus 6 or Huwaei P20?

Iphone

redmeme xd

Little things will start malfunctioning. This is a recurrent problem with most Xiaomi products

Considering getting my first smartphone, is the Xperia L1 any good?

Note 9

It has a MediaTek processor so no

Joke
The owner of Xiaomi enters an expensive restaurant

>expecting a phone under 250 to have pixel comparable camera

Attached: 1525380269934.gif (340x340, 147K)

I only want it to browse on occasionally desu

Any Essential fags here? Do you think the 360 camera is worth $19?

gsmarena.com/deal_essential_giving_away_its_360_camera_for_19-news-32290.php

Attached: 1512070443218.jpg (900x599, 104K)

You can get the PIxel for under $200 used now though. Maybe look at used LG flagships too because they lose their value fast but the cameras are top-tier,

What's your country and budget? You can do better than a L1.

UK around £100, I'm really not that bothered about one but I'm feel like I should

Meh, I don't really care if the new version comes out, I just needed a better phone than the one I got, maybe in a year I'll get another one but I guess we will see then

Have you used the redmi? What stuff have started to malfunction for you? I would love to hear, first time picking up a Xiaomi product

How do i know if its time to replace phone's battery?
my Nexus 5 still hold 2 to 2.5 hour SoT and im wondering if its not time to change it.

>Little things will start malfunctioning. This is a recurrent problem with most Xiaomi products
Source.

you'll never use it

Is the note 8 worth it?Its gotten considerably cheaper since launch and Note 9 seems to be just a minor revision.

Which xiaomeme phone is the best currently out right now at the 200$ range?

Thanks for letting me know. Just purchased the Essential Phone in Pure White and now picking up this camera just to.

Any Oneplus 6 owners?

Redmi Note 5

I have a Sixplus 1

Is there such thing as degoogled android

that was a 6+ problem not S

i am not expecting pixel comparable camera? just not complete shit

well let us know what you think when you get it

Galaxy S7

It's called AOSP (Android Open Source Project).

depends on the price but 6gb ram and super amoled screen of that size is gonna be great for the next 5 years at the very least

any custom rom without gapps

Guys I'm tempted by the xiaomeme what do

Attached: iugasgun8k6z.png (646x595, 280K)

My iphone 4's battery finally died, what should I replace it with?

iOS: SE or wait for new iPhones and SE2
Android: Moto G5+, Oneplus 6, Galaxy S9

Buy it

Redmi Note 5

Why is there a SD626 in my redmi 4 prime?

Attached: Screenshot_CPU-Z_20180718-221653.png (1080x1920, 221K)

Yeah, I checked that, but I don't really trust it; I'm still waiting for an "official" unlocked bootloader

It's just the app showing the wrong info. Common bug with CPU-Z and Redmi phones.

You'll get the code, the only things to consider is do you wanna give someone your IMEI and do you wanna give 5 bucks for this

okie dokie boys what phone should i buy.
US, T-Mobile, $150, i want to be able to use snapnormie and discasual without lagging, looking for something i can use for a couple years, preferably 5 inch screen and cameras that arent below average, willing to buy chinkshit

>code, the only things to consider is do you wanna give someone your IMEI
Not a good idea. If you paid for this tool and could use it on your own, it could've made sense. It's just that kernel source codes won't be released and there isn't much use from the whole process.

Moto G5+

How is it?

Moto g6+ or Nokia 7+ ?

What's a good, *cheap* portable phone power bank/charger?

Just something that'll give me another day's worth of juice in case I forget

Attached: 1378651370307.gif (326x270, 27K)

chinkshit

It also has NFC and usb-c

Aside from locked bootloader and not standing out in anything particularly, it's fine.