>linux just werk-

*blocks ur path*

Attached: download.jpg (340x148, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_36yNWw_07g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Blame Nvidia for that one.

NVIDIA FUCK YOU

Attached: 1523983251031.jpg (640x424, 29K)

Why don't you post the clip instead?
youtube.com/watch?v=_36yNWw_07g

Because this is an imageboard, not a videoboard :^)

why do you even need nvidia on linux?
does your web server need graphics?? I don't understand.

>nvidia
>linux
Pick one.

You say that but aren't their proprietary drivers the best for performance on it?

I know that AMD isn't better, but haven't they recently begun to focus more on the open source aspect of their brand?

Attached: works on my machine.png (200x193, 31K)

For vidya they might be, but they are slow to catch up with anything new when it comes to drivers, and if something new pops up, prepare to get a new GPU from them. My old laptop wasn't capable of KMS with proprietary drivers.
If they took the same approach as intel, (fully libre drivers and a team of dedicated developers working on the kernel) they wouldn't be the target of so many jokes, and I wouldn't despise of them.
As for optimus in general, I avoid it, and I specifically bought a ThinkPad with just the integrated GPU because I knew I would disable the discreet one right away and never touch it. Solutions to handle it are clunky, (some involve pajeet-tier hacks such as running 2 X servers) and from my experience integrated chips are pretty powerful.

AMD opensourced their own drivers and they are now in mainline Linux. In other words: no more bs with propriety drivers with AMD cards to get some performance.

iPGU isn't even good enough for my video player settings though, it gets too loud.

I like how they work OOTB without any additional fiddling but the performance is still generally worse that Nvidia's drivers.

Werks fine with nouveau.

nouveau is absolute dogshit

It works.

badly.
don't get me wrong, I think its a very impressive technical feat, but that doesn't mean its a good driver, but that's really only to be expected from something reverse engineered

Nvidia had always problems with Linux.

>I like how they work OOTB without any additional fiddling but the performance is still generally worse that Nvidia's drivers.
Not for computational tasks.

I don't know exactly what you're referring to, but I don't exactly care if what I myself use it for performs better.

I'm disabled.
I read 'octopus', then 'Olympus', then 'optimpus', then finally 'optimus'.

cool blog user-kun

Will you donate to my Patreon? Web hosting isn't free.
Arigatōgozaimashita senpai.

l2romanize

I mean yea it's a bitch but you can fix it with one command

>iPGU isn't even good enough for my video player settings though, it gets too loud.
Upgrade your cooling in whatever way you can and/or adjust fan speeds. It's not that hard. Even my old thinkpad manages to stay completely quiet unless I'm putting it under heavy load.

actually if you dont mind HORRIBLE SCREEN TEARING you can get better frames in some games than on windows. Others simply refuse to work with it so yes, its cancer and you are best off with an laptop that can turn it off and use only the nvidia gpu