Convince me not to buy a new MacBook Pro

>Have $3000 for a laptop
>Can't use or save any leftover funds
>Needs to hold up beyond 4 years of school.
>Don't care about gaming, do care about running Photo/Video editing software
>Prefer Mac OS X
>13"-14" is the sweet spot. Has to be portable and light, so at least under 3.5lbs
>16:9 is awful.
>Touch/2in1 is nice, but not make or break
>build quality ought to be damn good for 3k.

From what I've seen, MBP 13" fully decked out with 1TB storage fits this bill best, not caring about apple tax. But, I'll buy anything else that matches it if the keyboard is tolerable.

Attached: mbp.jpg (660x371, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8
amazon.com/Gigabyte-Aero-15X-v8-BK4-i7-8750H/dp/B07BYDYFSZ?th=1
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

posting in an epic thread

No point in convincing you sincr you already made decision. Enjoy your throttlebook trash

Buy a thinkpad and use the rest to build a desktop. SSH/Remote log in into your desktop when you need more processing power.

Don't. Keyboard is already a dealbreaker to NOT buy into the appel meme. Get an x1 carbon or something. At least you'll have a working keyboard.

i bought the 512gb model for for 2100 after taxes thanks to my credit card

Attached: Capture.png (1221x666, 178K)

*inhales*

Attached: Throttlebook Pro.png (1047x279, 43K)

>guy wants to buy a MacBook
>recommend him the exact polar opposite instead of a similar but better alternative
This is why Jow Forums is the worst board.

It throttles. It throttles badly.
Buy a Dell XPS 15. It literally costs half the price for the same specs, is faster since it doesn't throttle and the screen is even better and borderless. Also it has real function keys and not a fucking touch bar no professional has ever asked for.
MacOS is fine, but not worth putting up with apple's horrible hardware failures and restrictions. The last good Macbook was the early 2015 one. Ever since then, they've gone full prosumer. No more magsafe, no more function keys, no more adequate cooling, no more decent keyboard.

just buy one

two words OP: mac os

Attached: DellAlienware13.jpg (775x500, 108K)

trying to see if there is a less trash option for what I’m looking for, because I have found it yet.
Can’t use any leftover money for desktop unfortunately
This is all I’m really worried about. Will be writing a lot and having to always use a separate keyboard would be less than ideal.
I know, I’m only running the i7 13 inch though, so while still present, the throttling isn’t as crushing.
It’d be the 13, and i was really considering it but ultimately the aspect ratio broke it for me.
Hoping I don’t have to.
Mac OS
Not into gaming and doesn’t look too portable

3rd gen x1 carbon, save yourself $2,500

¬¬

Attached: $teve job$.png (380x509, 152K)

Install Gentoo it

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (626x395, 39K)

Are you a fucking child?
Put that money into an investment account. I don't give a fuck if you're making 120k. Spending three thousand on a fucking meme machine is totally hedonistic.

If this is not a troll thread, and you genuinely can't keep/save leftover $?

Get either a Lenovo or Dell workstation model, with all optional upgrades.

Why would you not be able to keep leftover cash? Do you have some kind of grant?

honestly you can't beat them for build quality. Dell etc just tend to fall apart after a couple of years. Don't get the latest models, upgrade the ram but buy an external ssd rather than upgrade the internal and you'll get most bang for buck.

If you type a lot the keyboard will then drive you to suicide. Don't waste your time buying it. Apple has gone so downhill even my friends are switching to Thinkpads cause they're sick of applels shit.

Dell XPS 13

Same shit, costs half the price.

Huawei matebook x pro?

Bought mine Saturday, upgrade from a 2013 air. I am absolutely in love with this machine. The apple cult effect is real.

Attached: 1531613661338.jpg (3360x2100, 828K)

>Buy a thinkpad and use the rest to build a desktop. SSH/Remote log in into your desktop when you need more processing power.

enjoy your electricity bill you irredeemable retard

Out of curiosity, why do you have no other opportunity to spend that money? You could buy something reasonably priced and use the money you saved for other stuff. Using 3000 USD for a laptop seems odd to me.

How is that any different than having a desktop and using it?

>do care about running Photo/Video editing software

Attached: 1510825790834.jpg (954x608, 150K)

>>build quality ought to be damn good
>macshit
Pick one.

Maybe some kind of school loan program ?

Thanks for the shekels goy!

Is there anything similar not 16:9? All I know of are the MateBook and the Surface line.
Yeah, the laptop is an extremely nice gesture from the school I'm going to. Would definitely go cheaper otherwise.
So get the 2015? I don't know, I'm not really worried about value, just end result and longevity.
See, this is really my only concern. It can't possibly be that bad, right? I mean, I'd assume you can get used to it, and people aren't getting hurt or losing write time?
Value isn't a priority.
This is what I would get if it was my own budget, but I can't help feel like it won't last as long as the MBP. Relatively same specs besides the GPU, but apple build quality and support make me think its smarter in this case.
Were you considering any windows options?

Buy the most exepensive apple product , resell it to an apple fiend and buy another laptop at a reasonable price and save the leftover cash.

Can you get two computers?

You should do a beefy desktop set up and then get a decent netbook.

>Buying a $3000 computer with a known hardware flaw that is not end-user reparable
ebin

/thread

Attached: 1502279419165.jpg (540x304, 31K)

>Have $3000 for a laptop

Then YOU don't have $3000. I'm not helping a liar. Enjoy your toy.

>extremely nice gesture from the school I'm going to
>after forcing you to pay $20,000/year tuition
Don't kid yourself retard, they're just forcing you to spend your money the way they want to because they get bribes from Apple.

Attached: 1529946433407.jpg (948x711, 27K)

This is not a bad idea actually.
I wish.
Thought the membrane would improve that.
Semantics, fair enough though.
It's on top of full tuition

Attached: 1530856231090.jpg (1080x1692, 320K)

At this point if I could dump windows I would. Only use my Win 10 desktop as a fileserver and for the occasional game.

>Have $3000 for a laptop
same
i can
>Needs to hold up beyond 4 years of school.
ye i want that too
>Don't care about gaming, do care about running Photo/Video editing software
i also dont care about gaming, do care about running music production sofware and probably laptop will be on like 15+ hours everyday
>Prefer Mac OS X
doesnt matter
>13"-14" is the sweet spot. Has to be portable and light, so at least under 3.5lbs
same, 13 or 15

surprised when i see the thread cause im in almost identical situation, right now i got two candidates: macbook pro or dell xps 13. open to any suggestions

Attached: 22999524-4CA5-45E5-8C65-F054EA7F6C9F.jpg (600x599, 81K)

youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8

says it all

The membrane only makes it quieter.

In that case, you might consider buying something that has a high reselling value. Realistically speaking, everything in your price range would be sufficient for what you do so why not get some cash from it when you're done with it? I haven't bought a laptop in ages so I might not qualify for this discussion but maybe that's some productive take on your question.

Seems like you have more money than brains so there's no point in trying to convince you to not be a retard.

16:9
>great for media
>crap for productivity

3:2
>crap for media
>great for productivity

16:10
>crap for media
>crap for productivity
>middle of the road good for nothing trash

Attached: 1514642750866.png (374x535, 100K)

You'd have to be brain dead to buy macshit DESU SENPAI.

Attached: 1511013571703.png (2560x1440, 2M)

I mean, if anything it makes it harder for dust to find its way in? I've seen it as a "quiet" band-aid for the problem in the form of "quiet" keys. Has anyone tried to test it yet?
I think this is what I'm going to end up following. Flipping the MBP is a smart way to get more value out of the situation than I thought.
That's probably true, but I think this was successful anyways. Outside of the box.
Yeah. I definitely would prefer 3:2, but the surface line is too awkward so 16:10 is a reasonable mid-ground. I'll probably grab a matebook x pro for this reason in the end.

Thanks guys

My Surface 3 Pro broke recently and I thought about getting a Macbook Pro 2017 13", but I just decided to just buy another Surface off of ebay instead. As much as I liked trying it out in the store, I'm not going to spend money on a product I know is going to fail, even tough I like how the shitty butterfly keyboard feels.

Attached: 1506383884242.png (500x500, 294K)

Good luck with school and godspeed, user.

This, but get MacBook Retina (the one with passive cooling) and Mac Pro

>i9 slower than i7 under the same load
YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP

that gtx 1070 is a fucking MONSTER LOL

>do care about running Photo/Video editing software
amazon.com/Gigabyte-Aero-15X-v8-BK4-i7-8750H/dp/B07BYDYFSZ?th=1

You don't deserve one.

XPS 13 2-in-1 will save you more money for software, photo and video editing software isn't cheap. Unless you're already invested in the Apple ecosystem you'll get more for your money out of the XPS.

Buy one laptop for 1500 sell it after 2 year for ~500 and get another one for 2000. Laptop for 2000 after 2 years will have better GPU and CPU than today 3000 laptop. (amd will get in the laptop game and there will be mass 6-8 core laptops with 3ghz clock even if choose intel) GPUs will be on 12nm++ at that point so expect 1170 or what it will be called to be at least 15-20% faster than1080. Not to mention that gamer laptops with good GPUs tend to age very bad because of heat you really, really don't want to use one for 4 years, everything will be backed inside, that is the the reason half of them fail on their 3rd year of use.

If you want a mac get a mac just not one for 3000, it will fail after warranty and you will have to spend 700-800$ to fix it and will probably fail again after just before 4th year just to fuck you up. They have keyboard problems, that will not be fixed in the new model it is next to impossible to last 4 years of use.

>(Freezer)

Attached: 1530423159152.jpg (600x457, 35K)

Macfag here, and i've ben disappointed with Apple like others. I even considered switching. I do a lot of rendering and whatnot, so i was looking at the Lenovo P series. Awesome machines. But for what you want, i'd really look at the Lenovo Carbon X1. Memes aside, Lenovo really does make good shit. Fully decked out it's less than $3000, but it's a good machine.

THROTTLE
H
R
O
T
T
L
E

Just a reminder that when it comes to computing you have a few options:

macOS - MacBook/iMac
>Media Producer/Content Creator
>Front-end developers
Notes: The keyboard is a piece of fucking shit.

Ubuntu/Debian - ThinkPad/Dell XPS
>Developers
>Scientists
>I.T. Professionals
Notes: New thinkpads/xps laptops aren't that much cheaper than new Macs.

Windows - Chink Shit
>Retards
>Brainlets
>Boomers

Attached: banner.jpg (1920x1440, 132K)

Buy it, it just werks and you can resell it to fags on the Starbucks ™

>it just werks
at 800MHz

As soon as you consider anything Apple your IQ drops considerably. Mac's and the like are made for sheep. Don't be a sheep you fag.

Just upgraded from a late 2013 13" Macbook Pro to a new 2018 15" model. Double the RAM, double the hard drive speed, nearly double the CPU benchmarks (for single core; it's like 5 times as fast with multi core benchmarks), bigger better screen, and about twice the price. So far I'm happy with the purchase. This is my 4th MacBook Pro and they all seem to last me 4-5 years before I get the urge to upgrade. Yes, I am old. I got my first MBP when I was 18.

Attached: IMG_0494 (1).png (640x480, 518K)

2 rupees have been deposited at your designated shitting street.

>every well-established fortune 500 company uses windows
>HURR DURR BRAINLETS AND RETARDS

You can buy a cheap laptop every year with that money and not give a fuck about them
expensive consumer tech in the current year is a scam

Attached: 1452251983852.jpg (255x270, 14K)

Fuck off with your self validation bullshit threads.

say hello to coil whine

But surfaces fail after 2-3 years

You know people in tech that actually make money and don't repair their families computers in their moms basement overwhelmingly use macos and windows right?

You dumb fuck.

Nothing I can do to stop you from worshipping your gay fruit cult buddy, it's your money

I was looking at the same computer, and the the full tb isn't worth the extra money. Just swipe out sd cards which are 256 gb and save money. 1 tb is more space than you think.

How about you fuck off from here then appleshill.

→"Trying to see if there is a less trash option for what I'm looking for because I have not found it yet" mis me with this shit

You fucking Applefags can't find decent computer for $3000? Can't help brain damaged people I am afraid.

It will die in less then two years if you buy it.

Every other current gen i9 laptop is overheating garbage. You’re better off waiting until intel sorts out their overheating issue which probably won’t be for another couple generations.

>user shitposting from the future
Based

Spacebar

There is literally nothing wrong with MacBook pro.

Ok maybe a little. But seriously just buy it. You won't regret it

>that 30 year old boomer that buys apple products
what a fucking loser lmao

Attached: 1501433772904.jpg (500x350, 75K)

No shit a laptop is going to throttle of you run prime95 lmao

>But seriously just buy it. You won't regret it
>Except when the spacebar fucks off and renders the whole keyboard as useless as a dick on your elbow

get a fully loaded t480

they fixed that problem faggot.

If you're stupid enough to buy this trash, you deserve this trash.

see

I'm scared of ordering from Lenovo because of all the shipping nightmares

still ballin'

Attached: screen-capture-1.png (593x362, 107K)

honestly.. ive spent 2400-2600 on an XPS and the quality is no where near Apples.

I've spent $1200 on a T460s and the quality is leagues above Apple.

but that's more than what I paid for my MBP. and it's better

This.
Nobody puts out total fucking trash like Apple can.
youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8

Attached: 1518245759253.jpg (2000x1333, 311K)

>>Have $3000 for a laptop
>>Can't use or save any leftover funds
Buy 5 laptops. Redundantly in case you get robbed/to sell&loan, or to encode 5 different moeshit shows at once.

My ThinkPad T440p with a 47W quad core i7 only throttles from 3.8GHz to 3.2 under prime95, not to fucking 800MHz.

I agree, ThinkPad is better.

my shitty ass acer chromebook runs prime95 just fine

Just buy the 2015 mbp. The keyboard is way better than the newer ones, also it's still pretty capable for video editing, if you're into final cut.

no, go smoke a cock elsewhere