Untitled

Attached: AverageLifeLinux.jpg (1200x1256, 741K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tecmint.com/big-companies-and-devices-running-on-gnulinux/
idatalabs.com/tech/products/red-hat-enterprise-linux-server
gamingonlinux.com/articles/pixar-film-production-show-off-how-they-use-linux-and-opengl-open-sourced-a-major-tool.7993/page=3
quora.com/Why-is-Linux-so-popular-with-engineers
yorik.uncreated.net/guestblog.php?2011=97
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No issue with that graphic.

-t.Windows user.

2/10 you can do better

Attached: autistic help center.jpg (400x342, 39K)

Exactly what happens. Anybody denying it is still stuck in that l33t hack0r stage.

>installed Debian back when I had 7 and the "upgrade to Windows 10!" ads were becoming too intrusive
>never tweaked anything since, just kept it on stable vanilla build
>never posted in desktop threads

Pretty sure this is typical for Jow Forums users.

debian is best

at least in Jow Forums, outside this place linux users stay linux

>That'll convince those traitors to come back, heh

Attached: 1462238810888.jpg (800x604, 60K)

>use linux occasionally on other peoples pcs since 2002
>install ubuntu on laptop in 2006~
>everything breaks, spend hours trying to get ndiswrapper to work to no avail
>almost give up on linux
>try fedora, ndiswrapper and wifi work
>can play nexuiz, success
>dualboot for a while, mostly stick to windows for gaymen
>get a small atom server around 2009, install linux
>it's a dream
>mostly use windows on desktop full time, laptop fully fledged linux but is rarely used, server comes in handy a lot
>playing games less often, start geting sick of windows vista/7
>windows 8 is launched
>the end is nigh
>still sticking to windows 7, rarely play games, start dualbooting linux more often
>windows 10 announced
>start spending more time in linux
>get pc with vt-d that can do gpu passthrough
>start using linux full time, spin up the windows vm once a month to play gaymen
it really is liberating not being bound to a shitty toy os because of gaymen, my only regret is not switching sooner

Attached: 1519428775408.png (1198x1501, 945K)

>toy os

Yes the os used by countless professionals in numerous fields is a toy. God you fags are so fucking cringy.

Let me guess some it neckbeard working out of their moms basement pretending to be a professional?

>college kiddy
>professional

Attached: wutbabby.jpg (426x571, 30K)

Nice picture but I started with openSUSE

>Yes the os used by countless professionals in numerous fields is a toy. God you fags are so fucking cringy.
>Let me guess some it neckbeard working out of their moms basement pretending to be a professional?

Guy is right, unfortunately. I hate it too and would love it if it was the other way around. Life sucks sometimes and this instance is not different.

You retarded little child. Everyone from programmers, to engineers, to hardware developers, to architectural designers to stock traders use windows. Spend a little less time on 4cuck and open your fucking eyes.

Yep. Most you'll get from using Linux in those environments is having some IT guy laugh at you behind your back.

joke's on you I have 5 computers with different OS installed, I literally use them all

This is so true for me.
t. OpenSUSE user, that had even compiled GNU+Linux from scratch

I can attest to this

Just because normies can be duped by marketing doesn't make a product good.

Windows is sold as easy to use and comes set up on consumer hardware, do plebs never learn better.

>you can only use 1 OS at a time

it's funny how wintendo kiddies have to resort to social shaming to justify their preference

I started with arch and still use it
Being literate isn't an accomplishment but the install still manages to filter out complete brainlets kek

>justify preference

No idiot I was responding to the guy who called windows a toy. I don't give a fuck if you use Linux but stop making shit up.

Mac>ME>XP>Vista>7>Arch>Debian

Odd, you think after spending over four years in the time wasting stage I would have learned. Oh wait life isn't a meme and having a nice desktop doesn't take a long time to set up once you know what you are doing. Bad news is you are now a disappointment but the good news is you can change that by killing yourself doing the first useful thing in your life. You can do it OP we believe in you!

Attached: 1442872037059.png (593x540, 306K)

In the final step you end up with a dual-boot of windows and linux

>Programmers use Windows
At worst it's a MacOS. If you're a software dev with a Windows comp you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Attached: loonix.png (800x420, 250K)

I spent month exclusively on Windows but I had to go back, I'm just more productive under an autistic tiling manager set-up, even if it takes hours to get things working and sometimes they break.

>you decide to join the botnet like a good, law-abiding citizen that has nothing to hide
MY FUCKING SIDESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Attached: laughingpepe.jpg (399x365, 42K)

Sort of. I started using Linux before Ubuntu, so it was some version of SuSE Enterprise I got from a CD from the IT department at work. I started using a Mac a few years ago because I was interested in iOS development, and even liked them at first. The one I have however is reaching some limits, you can't even add memory because it's soldered, and servicing even the simplest thing requires taking the whole thing apart if you can even do it yourself. Since I really question the wisdom of some of Apple's other design choices, especially ever since the 2016 Macbooks. I was never a fanboy anyway, so I'm already shopping for a new non-Apple, hopefully user-serviceable laptop, which I will probably put some version of Debian on.

this so much

>muh botnet
>muh ads

i’ve never paid for an update and nobody ever has microsoft gave win10 away for free

>feels shammed
you should

My Linux history:
>Install Ubuntu
>uhg, this is slow as shit, thought Linux was supposed to be light
>Install Arch
>Great experience
>Arch machine got stolen at coffee shop
>Get new laptop
>Install Gentoo hardened
>Figure out use flags very quickly
>Make nice system
>Cascades in an accidentally added use flag followed by an update fucking up xorg because hardend was just too fucky
>Fugg it, install Arch with OpenRC, tired of wasting time compiling, even through desktop remote server
>Works great
>Need to use Wangblows for work applications
>Dualboot
>Find myself only using Windows 99% of the time
>Fugg it, install only Windows and use only Windows

Oh well, at least I glimpsed a good experience once in my life, now back to having a job and doing work. Such is life I suppose.

Yep
Just switched from arch to win10
Fuck this piece of shit.

>installed mint a few years ago
>using it ever since
there's simply no reason to switch

very true

Linux is not an every day driver / home desktop OS.

t. 200+ games in his steam library

happened to me four days ago, coming from manjaro. and it happened before coming from kubuntu. and before coming from fedora.
i have to remember for the next time that linux is useless if you need your computer for work

I've been using various Linux distributions for nearly a decade. Like most people, I started with Ubuntu back in 2008-2009. I had a short Arch phase but most of the rest of those years were Debian and more recently Fedora. I've used Linux on all of the computers I've ever owned. I learned to do my computing here. Because of that, there isn't really much inconvenience associated with me using Linux. It would be much more inconvenient for me to jump ship to operating systems I've essentially never used aside from VMs and public computers..

>tfw use windows for gaymen
>hate how everything i install puts cumstains everywhere in the registry
i used to be super autistic and only run portable builds. i might start again

>i’ve never paid for an update and nobody ever has
mactards did
> microsoft gave win10 away for free
wow, it's almost, like microshaft was spreading their spyware for free!

I'm really considering switching to Linux but I'm in college doing compsci so I don't know what special software they'd want us to use in the future and if it'd be compatible with Linux. I also play games on steam and the vast majority of them don't support Linux natively. I heard it's an inconvenient pain in the ass to use compatibility layers to run games whenever you want to play.

>is this all just for muh superiority?

Attached: 28155312_161030844490351_579740647028686848_n.jpg (488x366, 41K)

There's always dual boot. Though I rarely boot into my win HDD these days and consider setting up a GPU passthrough for my occasional gaming needs.

>muh superiority

Never understood this meme. Must be a relict from the 90s when it was actually hard to use, just like the "Linux has no GUI" meme. I mean you can always try something like LFS if you want to feel hardcore but what's the point?

if your university is even halfway decent they'll pick software that can run on any major OS

>it's not a toy os because all my favourite software runs on it
thanks for proving my point

notice how I made no judgement about which operating system people use in professional work environments? it's because I don't give a shit about what your admin sets up for you because the os will be locked down to the software you need to do your job and not much more, has the right idea - it's about preference, not what you need to use at work

>it's not a toy os! it isn't!
>I only use it for its software!

Not about my favorite software you retarded neckbeard its about the fact that pretty much every successful business and field is pretty much run on windows or macos. Your precious Linux is reserved for servers.

this is correct.
ive been through the cycle more than once at different stage of my life. i always come back to windows.

This is just objectively not true. Do your research before talking shit.

yeah, turns out it's easier to train 50 year old office drones when they can keep using the same toy os they use at home
>pretty much every successful business and field is pretty much run on windows or macos. Your precious Linux is reserved for servers.
and what do you think those servers are used for? this fud gets worse every year
>nobody uses linux in industry, just ignore all the industry leading software that runs on linux

Objectively true with some software dev exceptions.

>its a toy
>when he acknowledges all big business use it

Servers are not the point of discussion dumb fuck and that is the only fucking exception. If you like Linux, fine. I do too, but to make an argument like this, its just fucking delusional.

You all are literally diaper shitting baby retards. Holy fuck.

lol I use Solus. Simple as fuck.

businesses use redhat for the important stuff... and uh, It's a toy os, for brainlets that need a gui for every task to be productive

jesus christ thats my actual timeline
ubuntu->arch->ubuntu->windows

laptop drivers only works with windows so theres that

>Objectively true with some software dev exceptions.
You're a fucking idiot. End yourself.

Ya dude I'm sure stock traders and big business are running your autistic Linux distro. Delusional child.

did you mean to say that laptop hardware only works with windows drivers?
I'm guessin this is what you meant but..... I'm sorry you're so far from wrong
most of them probably aren't very well versed in what's functional and isn't... a.k.a. run a throttlebook that reaches a screaming 800mhz core clock under any utilization cause.... shiny

I don't know any competent programmers who use Windows, or any non-unix based os for that matter. Windows is really fucking bad for programming, and if you've ever used it for that you would know.
t. A former windows pleb who used windows for years, switched to Linux couple of years back and is never going back

and again, most businesses use redhat distributions on the important machines

You realize your anecdotes mean nothing correct? The vast majority of business ( and it isn't even close) use Mac and windows.

Stop posting this baseless "info" you pulled out of your ass.

Attached: (You).png (2000x1000, 191K)

distro evolution: Ubuntu > Arch > Ubuntu

Attached: b281315421435493f4e020ed8d3fa2b2ea205c91f5a459c8231fd637cc7169fe.png (1465x1007, 117K)

fucking idiot

mint is shit though

New York Stock Exchange
Google
Facebook
Twitter
Wikipedia, PIZZA Hut, Aviation industry
what a dipshit you are

>tecmint

Its fucking SERVERS you idiot. I already said this in my fucking first post. Learn to read.

idatalabs.com/tech/products/red-hat-enterprise-linux-server

If mint is shit than Linux as a platform is shit.

yea, the important machines
fuckin brainlet, this one

As you could expect from someone who doesn't know shit about computers. Anyone who does know their shit (in this example programmers) don't use Windows, because they know it has a negative effect on their work efficiency. I
personally think it's okay to use Windows if it suits you, just don't falsely pretend it's any better

Nope.

SERVERS you illiterate namefag neckbeard manchild

Read my first fucking post where I said ASIDE from servers. You fucking illiterate nigger.

God you fucking Linux drones are some of the densest faggots I've ever seen.

>hurr any other work besides a server doesn't matter

Yeah dipshit thats why windows is a "toy" right? For doing literally everything else?

Plenty of people who know computers use OSX even you moron. Not to mention engineers use windows a ton because surprise surprise the software (if you can call it that) on Linux for such things is fucking horrible.

Also Mac isn't windows, it's Unix based and infinitely better for anything useful than windows

>I use a text editor. That makes me an expert computer user!
You can program with a fucking hole punch.

Mac isn't windows, and I was talking about windows. Many tech literate people do use macs, windows on the other hand is fucking useless. The engineers you are talking about most of the time aren't using Windows because they like, but because the fringe software they have to use is often 20 years old and only made for Windows.

Not very efficiently. Programming involves a whole lot of other stuff than typing, all of which is lot easier on Linux/mac

"everything else"
"know computers"
I bet your lack of an ability to touch on specifics is due to being 50 and having no idea what the fuck you're spewing on about
ahem... wine on multilib gentoo or pci-passthrough > doing anything on botnet willingly

>windows is useless

Why do you idiots insist on saying patently false shit like this? Ask engineers, designers, architects etc. How useless windows is.

>Read my first fucking post where I said ASIDE from servers.
What's 2+2? And don't say 4, I mean aside from that! Give me a proper answer!

this

I have pointed out specifics at least three times now and you ignored it to post more Linux drone shit on server stats that I already acknowledged. Kill yourself braindead namefaggot.

>hurr I said botnet do I fit in yet guys?

Christ this board has gone to shit.

Because this isn't about servers you stupid animal. This is about how anons called windows useless and how that's patently untrue.

lol winders is gr8 except in the most vital of use cases necessary to the business
which programs? autocad? solidworks? again, see ,

>Pajeet loses his ability to write coherent English when he gets an anger fit

It's always a surefire way to spot them.

>anons called windows useless and how that's patently untrue.
You can replace desktop Windows with Linux if you want to. Nobody replaces server Linux with Windows though. Windows is an objectively worse operating system, it just sticks around because of legacy considerations and because Microsoft pays OEMs to preinstall it on desktops.

>its a toy
>when he acknowledges all big business use it
of fucking course every big business uses windows as they'd be mad not to, it's just they also use linux and osx because they're not in positions to discriminate against software stacks for autistic reasons like 'herpderp only neckbeards use it' like you've been doing all thread
maybe I'm not being clear, when I say windows is a toy os it's not because I think businesses don't use it or that there's no serious use for windows it's just that the vast majority of the time a business is running windows it's because there's no training involved in getting boomers to use word, having industry standard software on windows doesn't really change that - there's industry standard software on linux that every winbaby on Jow Forums always ignores
>Servers are not the point of discussion dumb fuck and that is the only fucking exception.
so why the fuck did you bring it up? (web)servers are the exception because they're overwhelmingly >90% linux however if you start looking at non-public facing servers or enterprise environments you'll find that linux server administrators are in just as much demand as windows server administrators if not more depending on city, you can't seriously pretend like it isn't relevant just because office drones might outnumber technical staff 5-10 to 1, and again, it begs the question, what the fuck do you think all those servers are doing if they're so incredibly popular? windows servers exist largely to administer windows environments, linux doens't have that advantage, yet job listings for enterprise tier administrators are 50% towards linux

the london stock exhange runs on linux you fucking moron, the vfx and movie industry have been using linux professionally for nearly 20 years now
>b-but ur just delusional! neckbeard!

I'll give you a hint as to why they encourage the least important employees to run child-proof operating systems... they're child-proof

if you need special OS with special configuration to write code you are retarded

>hey guys I can pretend to be windows with workarounds and lesser performance windows is so useless

You literally have to jump through hoops just to run windows software to be even passable in fields where such a thing is required. Architects, designers, 3d modelers, photo/video editors, engineers of all kinds WINDOWS.

You can't replace windows for multiple things like some I listed above.

The fucking London stock exchange? Give me a break retard and I said stock traders not stock exchange. Look up above what I listed and what I originally responded to which was some uneducated Linux neckbeard calling windows a toy. Do you think all of those professions require the use of a toy?

>child proof
>prone to malware

Pick one namefaggot retard. You're not more important or knowledgeable than an experienced engineer running windows just because you followed some instructions to install arch on your ancient shitty cum encrusted thinkpad. Get off your high horse.

>Architects, designers, 3d modelers, photo/video editors, engineers of all kinds
ambiguity as opposed to examples
> lesser performance windows is so useless
doesn't understand how to set thread count in VM, or the amount of RAM to utilize
doesn't understand what board he's in at all... install gentoo faggot

haha not far off, though i started with redhat 3.

Lol that's pretty funny

>ambiguity

You think fucking engineers, designers, photographers and film students etc. Use Linux? Go outside. I'm fucking done with your stupidity.

You even talked about wine and fucking pass through (meaning vming fucking windows) while calling windows useless. Yeah some toy it is when your suggestion for doing actual work is to fucking run windows or pretend to BE windows.

I'm done with you stupid namefag. If you weren't a newfag you'd realize your Stallmanite tryharding attempting to fit in has existed here since about the time of that god awful sticky. Fucking newfag rat.

you still haven't listed a single piece of software kid
>You even talked about wine and fucking pass through (meaning vming fucking windows) while calling windows useless. Yeah some toy it is when your suggestion for doing actual work is to fucking run windows or pretend to BE windows.
ye if you HAVE to use microshaft for some piece of shit software that isn't available in a better form via FOSS then ye man, just do a vm real quick and delete that shit later
>calls me a newfag... runs microshaft
dude, it's not our fault you're hurt... and Ad Hominems aren't arguments

gamingonlinux.com/articles/pixar-film-production-show-off-how-they-use-linux-and-opengl-open-sourced-a-major-tool.7993/page=3

quora.com/Why-is-Linux-so-popular-with-engineers

yorik.uncreated.net/guestblog.php?2011=97

Don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about. Linux cad software alone is fucking atrocious and makes it unusable for engineers who require it.

Your follow up link of course includes superbly vague trash, a fucking quora link and an anecdotal post about software engineers and the like. Bravo retard.

This may be hard for you to imagine since you've likely been here 6 years at most but this site wasn't always a raging cess pit of meming stallmanite fuckwits like yourself.